ImageImageImageImageImage

Fire Mike Woodson, plz

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Re: Fire Mike Woodson, plz 

Post#81 » by Sark » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:40 am

Stop saying second place in the Eastern Conference. We are third, and trending downward.
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Post#82 » by Little Italia » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:54 am

I've been saying it for some time now. We will never win a championship with Mike Woodson as head coach.

Look at all the coaches that have won titles. None of them were a player's coach like Woodson. Jackson, Popovich, Rivers, Carlisle, even Spoelstra hold their players accountable.

We need a coach that is stern and holds players accountable. Oh he needs to also know how to call a play.

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,234

Post#83 » by Wildcat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:09 am

keyindabox wrote:LMAO SECOND PLACE IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE AND WE WANT OUR COACH FIRED!

I can't even take this crap sometimes....yes we've struggled in the second half of the FIRST HALF of the season. We've had some bad losses that should worry us at least a little bit. But can we PLEASE keep things in perspective? Why do fans act like this is the NFL and we only have 16 games in a season? IDK if I've just grown out of my 15-year-old mindset that the world is burning down whenever we lose, or it's being in law school and having much bigger worries, a combination of those things or god knows what else, but I really don't see the need to panic in situations like this. Am I worred? Sure! Of course! I've been fan of this team for 22 years and 9 months, and I'm 22 years old! It's in my blood. But I also know that this season is long, and all it takes is an affective K-Mart and maybe even a healthy Sheed or Camby and we have dynamics that can provide us with another hot run. No coaych has ever been perfect in a season and not been criticized. And I mean with an imperfect personnel, which we obviously have. No coach like that has ever survived a season without some nut calling for him to be fired. The only real gripe I have with Woodson is not putting in STAT in big game situations, or to go even further, in the starting lineup. The switching on D also has to stop. But I have faith that he will figure stuff out, that WE will figure stuff out, and most importantly, that the sky is not falling.

It's games like these where I dread coming on this board, because I know what it will look like. Come on guys. Take a deep breath, on to Sunday.

#Knickstape

Numbers do not lie since The hot start. Yes, the Knicks are over 500, but if you're literally struggling for every win, there's a problem. When your offense is predictable, there's a problem. When you can't make vital adjustments to your offense, there's a problem.

The Knicks are not front runners. Iso ball is not working. This team talks about team and trust, but literally the second Melo went the "I" route is when this team began its decline. I don't mind losing games if they're competitive, but be real ... this month alone has some of the ugliest wins and loses this season.
egelband
Rookie
And1: 373

Post#84 » by egelband » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:19 am

woodson is walking a fine line. i think he knows the problems with the team but he has to get these guys to buy-in to the solution. so it's going to take time. i think the team was trying to move the ball more on offense and put in a good defensive effort. but things just aren't clicking yet. i'm happy to give them the benefit of the doubt for the rest of the year. woodson has his work cut out for him. it's a talented but stubborn roster. but they seem to have a good attitude and support each other. so he can't be swinging a sledgehammer. he needs to coax them in the right direction. it's gonna take time. not that i'm thrilled with the results but if someone said, 'would you take 33-20 at this point in the season, i'd be happy. and i think the team's going (inching, admittedly) in the right direction, so i'm good to wait and see.
I dunno.
FerreroRocher
Banned User
And1: 72

Post#85 » by FerreroRocher » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:28 am

Woody is fine. He already showed us that he can win games. The team is just going through a slump right now and they don't give a fuc* about playing defense & JKidd shouldn't even start IMO..
ShaolinAssAsin
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#86 » by ShaolinAssAsin » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:26 pm

Since Woody has taken over we've played well in general.

We have been in an alarming slump over the past few months, with the defense slumping harder and for a longer period of time.

Nonetheless hes not getting fired in season barring utter catastrophe, and were not there yet. So lets see.

My question is about the D. Last year under Woody the D was solid, our honeymoon start to the season the D was impressive.

Wtf happened? Teams have adjusted to our scheme and we havent countered?

We've gotta get a lot better on that side of the ball first and foremost. Kenyon, Sheed, MC should be a nice boost there.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,485

Post#87 » by Butch718 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:31 pm

Bill Bradley wrote:Woodson isn't the Knicks' problem, at least in terms of gametime decisions. The problem with the Knicks is their personnel. Some of you thinking that a lineup change will solve the problem don't realize it is like rearranging the chairs on the titanic.

The Knicks lack two things that will prevent them from being a true contender: (a) they lack young talent; and (b) they lack unselfish players with good character. The Knicks came out of the gate hot because they were lucky to avoid injuries and they were playing like they had something to prove. Usually bad character comes out over the course of the season, and such an old team will rarely stay healthy.

It's a combination of both the personnel and the coach. One does not outweigh the other.

Too many low IQ players. Too many old players. And a coach that doesn't hold his favorite players accountable and refuses to make adjustments.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,663

Post#88 » by Fat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:42 pm

keyindabox wrote:LMAO THIRD PLACE IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE AND WE WANT OUR COACH FIRED!

I can't even take this crap sometimes....yes we've struggled in the second half of the FIRST HALF of the season. We've had some bad losses that should worry us at least a little bit. But can we PLEASE keep things in perspective? Why do fans act like this is the NFL and we only have 16 games in a season? IDK if I've just grown out of my 15-year-old mindset that the world is burning down whenever we lose, or it's being in law school and having much bigger worries, a combination of those things or god knows what else, but I really don't see the need to panic in situations like this. Am I worred? Sure! Of course! I've been fan of this team for 22 years and 9 months, and I'm 22 years old! It's in my blood. But I also know that this season is long, and all it takes is an affective K-Mart and maybe even a healthy Sheed or Camby and we have dynamics that can provide us with another hot run. No coach has ever been perfect in a season and not been criticized. And I mean with an imperfect personnel, which we obviously have. No coach like that has ever survived a season without some nut calling for him to be fired. The only real gripe I have with Woodson is not putting in STAT in big game situations, or to go even further, in the starting lineup. The switching on D also has to stop. But I have faith that he will figure stuff out, that WE will figure stuff out, and most importantly, that the sky is not falling.

It's games like these where I dread coming on this board, because I know what it will look like. Come on guys. Take a deep breath, on to Sunday.

#Knickstape
FIXED
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#89 » by NYKat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:46 pm

It's cute to see some of the haters come out the woodwork, now that we're slumping, guys that ain't been around in months all of sudden have feel validated...smh...
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#90 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:50 pm

Call Phil
Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
And1: 292

Post#91 » by Nostrand Ave » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Remember when you guys cried because he didnt make the All Star Game?
knicknack
Sixth Man
And1: 213

Post#92 » by knicknack » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:21 pm

The Infamous1 wrote:Hes not a great coach, but for the most part Coaches usually get fired when

A. team don't live up to expectations.
B. team flat out sucks

Even with the losing streak, The team is 32-20 and 2nd in the conference so you have to take suck out of the equation. So What did you really epect from the Knicks this season? Lets he honest If everything went well this squad was a low 50 win team that would win a playoff series and get knocked out of the 2nd rd. Which is basically what the Knicks are on pace for right now(maybe not the 50 wins part) Plus I don't see the coaching upgrade in sight

Correction, third in the conference and if we don't get it together, sixth in the conference by the end of next week! In addition, while our record is certainly respectable, our recent direction is not and if this path doesn't not improve significantly (a tough task with our remaining schedule), and a quick exit in the playoffs will have heads rolling, people blaming others and finger pointing from here to eternity as this team was suppose to be put together to "Win it all" this year! We'll see, tho I hope not.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 4,906

Post#93 » by sol537 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:44 pm

Predictions for 2013:

Knicks finish 7th or 8th, get bounced in 1st round, fingers get pointed, Woody fired, 'Melo or Amare traded, JR Smith doesn't return, Kidd/Thomas retire and one hired by Knicks organization, K-Mart plays well and returns
iHeartKNicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 111

Post#94 » by iHeartKNicks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:48 pm

sol537 wrote:Predictions for 2013:

Knicks finish 7th or 8th, get bounced in 1st round, fingers get pointed, Woody fired, 'Melo or Amare traded, JR Smith doesn't return, Kidd/Thomas retire and one hired by Knicks organization, K-Mart plays well and returns

As long as we draft a point guard
Twitter: AntBloom
IG: Antbloom
THE KNICKS WILL PREVAIL… eventually
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#95 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:05 pm

Hey, remember me? How's life?

POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#96 » by Greenie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:57 pm

HawthorneWingo wrote:Hey, remember me? How's life?

better
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#97 » by Greenie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:59 pm

NYKat wrote:It's cute to see some of the haters come out the woodwork, now that we're slumping, guys that ain't been around in months all of sudden have feel validated...smh...

Sad ain't it
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#98 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:05 pm

greenhughes wrote:
NYKat wrote:It's cute to see some of the haters come out the woodwork, now that we're slumping, guys that ain't been around in months all of sudden have feel validated...smh...

Sad ain't it

Slumping? It's been the last 29 games.
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,953

Post#99 » by Capn'O » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:33 pm

The biggest difference in this team now and then is Kidd has come back down to earth and is no longer playing like The Real Jason Kidd. At the beginning of the season, the ball was in his hands at crunch time. Now it's in Melo's and Melo doesn't have the leadership to make the right decisions. He's a Big Gun - not that there's anything wrong with that. With Kidd now - honestly, you could roll a dead man out there right now and you might not be able to tell the difference. Father Time has caught up.

The second is Felton IS WHO WE THOUGHT IS HE WAS unfortunately. He played well enough early on to justify The Move but has reverted to his norm. Ah well.

Woodson's rotations are whack as hell though and the offense is just awful. What he's doing with Amare and JR is inexplicable. With all that said, he would be more effective if he could really chew out his team. I don't get the impression that's an option under Dolan.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#100 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Capn'O wrote:The biggest difference in this team now and then is Kidd has come back down to earth and is no longer playing like The Real Jason Kidd. At the beginning of the season, the ball was in his hands at crunch time. Now it's in Melo's and Melo doesn't have the leadership to make the right decisions. He's a Big Gun - not that there's anything wrong with that. With Kidd now - honestly, you could roll a dead man out there right now and you might not be able to tell the difference. Father Time has caught up.

The second is Felton IS WHO WE THOUGHT IS HE WAS unfortunately. He played well enough early on to justify The Move but has reverted to his norm. Ah well.

Woodson's rotations are whack as hell though and the offense is just awful. What he's doing with Amare and JR is inexplicable. With all that said, he would be more effective if he could really chew out his team. I don't get the impression that's an option under Dolan.

Felton's PG skills don't fit Woodson's system. Felton is more effective in a running up-tempo style of game where he can attack the hoop. Standing around and shooting long range jumpers doesn't suit him well. And since Woody's not running any PnRs ...
POSTING POLICIES:

Return to New York Knicks