ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks @ Raptors PG Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,596

Re: Knicks @ Raptors PG Thread 

Post#301 » by Stannis » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:10 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:
So mods..........

Did you buzz them.. that ish is despicable.

lol, not sure what made him post that kind of stuff. That poster has been here since 2003, and now he does something like that.

I wonder if he did anything like that in the past.

It's late, so the mods might be late dealing with that poster and deleting those images.
Free Palestine
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,352

Post#302 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:12 am

Shpati21 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:
So mods..........

Did you buzz them.. that ish is despicable.

lol, not sure what made him post that kind of stuff. That poster has been here since 2003, and now he does something like that.

I wonder if he did anything like that in the past.

It's late, so the mods might be late dealing with that poster and deleting those images.

Yeah it just came out of left field... I mean you can let these dudes annoy and aggravate you on the court but honestly they're just not perfect.. but they're still people. I mean some cats have it and some cats don't.. that's all it comes down to.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,596

Post#303 » by Stannis » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:15 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
Shpati21 wrote:I actually left Oz at the beginning of season 2 about two years ago. Now, I am trying to get back in it. Not sure why I left it alone in the first place. The man in the wheelchair is actually one of my favorite characters ever. I love that actor too. I did not even finish half of episode 1 of BB yesterday.

I been doing rewatches of episodes my favorite shows for the last few months, haven't tried anything fresh.

I really watch shows for the characters more than anything else. It's why I like Lost then the Sopranos the best. It's also why I think Dexter has fallen off badly in the last 2-3 seasons.

I got Fringe, Game of Thrones, The Wire, Justified, Band of Brothers, and BB on my HDD. Haven't made progress any of those yet. Going to get Carnivàle and Deadwood on there too.

You have to be patient with BB... it starts off really slow. Dexter bounced back a little bit last season. GOT is awesome and so is Boardwalk Empire. I still watch Mad Men also.. I think last season they had two of their best episodes ever.

Oh yea, I need to get Mad Men as well. My brother does not really like Boardwalk Empire, and me and him have the same taste. I'll try to give that a shot sometime.

Dexter is whack now. Only reason I watch it is because it's Dexter. The do the same thing for the past 3 seasons. Very slow build ups, then put all the suspense in the final episode. Isaak Sirko was the best thing in season 7.

It's hard for me to get into a show, or even a movie. But once I find one that I like, I can watch it over and over again.
Free Palestine
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Post#304 » by Hero » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:08 am

What did you guys think of the Atmosphere in the ACC from watching the game? and were the boos pretty noticably for Bargnani?
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#305 » by Mr_Perfect » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:30 am

We had one good GM in over a decade and he was run out of town by Dolan. Now that same GM is kicking our ass with a better team in Indiana.

Look who the GM and coach are...two puppets hired by Dolan who are part of the Isiah Thomas Country Club. It's the same old, same old with this team. Dolan wants a lap dog as a GM. He cares more about power and control than winning. Look at how much effort he puts into avoiding the media. If only he put half that effort into putting a good team on the floor.

We need better guard play and youth but it's all for nothing. As long as Dolan is running this franchise we will always be mediocre to awful.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,177

Post#306 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:07 am

Shpati21 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
Shpati21 wrote:I actually left Oz at the beginning of season 2 about two years ago. Now, I am trying to get back in it. Not sure why I left it alone in the first place. The man in the wheelchair is actually one of my favorite characters ever. I love that actor too. I did not even finish half of episode 1 of BB yesterday.

I been doing rewatches of episodes my favorite shows for the last few months, haven't tried anything fresh.

I really watch shows for the characters more than anything else. It's why I like Lost then the Sopranos the best. It's also why I think Dexter has fallen off badly in the last 2-3 seasons.

I got Fringe, Game of Thrones, The Wire, Justified, Band of Brothers, and BB on my HDD. Haven't made progress any of those yet. Going to get Carnivàle and Deadwood on there too.

You have to be patient with BB... it starts off really slow. Dexter bounced back a little bit last season. GOT is awesome and so is Boardwalk Empire. I still watch Mad Men also.. I think last season they had two of their best episodes ever.

Oh yea, I need to get Mad Men as well. My brother does not really like Boardwalk Empire, and me and him have the same taste. I'll try to give that a shot sometime.

Dexter is whack now. Only reason I watch it is because it's Dexter. The do the same thing for the past 3 seasons. Very slow build ups, then put all the suspense in the final episode. Isaak Sirko was the best thing in season 7.

It's hard for me to get into a show, or even a movie. But once I find one that I like, I can watch it over and over again.

I really like boardwalk for its historical flavor. Very key period in America, touches lots of elements of the time. Really interesting with quite a few good character actors.

Dont ever try to watch fringe as a whole series, because it became unwatchable. First couple of years only really, largely because of Walters character which is done by a very amusing actor. It is like X-files half the time, then it picks up a running narrative which becomes absurd and boring. Not required watching at all
ImageImageImage
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#307 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:50 pm

I love this TV talk in the midst of a Knick collapse against the Toronto Barneys...
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#308 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:55 pm

Damn, I wake up to instantly suspend someone.

I don't even see what the hell was the purpose of that.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#309 » by br7knicks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:25 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Damn, I wake up to instantly suspend someone.

whoa. just saw that...
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#310 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:26 pm

br7knicks wrote:took my girl to watch Silver Lining instead of going to the knicks game.

glad i got to watch jennifer lawrence in some REALLY tight clothes instead of watching my knicks lose, again.........

It was surreal watching a movie that pimps Desean Jackson as their savior...

Look Game of Thrones is coming and it'll be impossible to ignore it. If you're a Knicks fan, you HOPE the Knicks don't have a Red Wedding.

DeRozan had his way. Gay canceled out Melo's numbers. Amir Johnson was enough to keep Amar'e numbers from doing serious damage. Concerned about how Chandler disappears on the offensive end. Lots to be concerned about.

And what happened to that bragging about the Knicks front court? Not so good.
hatnlvr
General Manager
And1: 1,117

Post#311 » by hatnlvr » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:27 pm

Woodson is on the verge of losing the team. He is now calling out Melo for not being aggressive enough but the bottom line is his piss poor coaching is more to blame for the lose than Melo is for not bailing him out.

Woodson has become beyond stubborn, he is like the chronic druggy who refuses to come to grips with reality. He is starting this small ball lineup that has struggled at the start of almost every game for the past month and a half, then he puts the same non-productive, iso Melo every time lineup back out to finish the game and wonders why we keep losing.

He is failing us as a coach because the league has adjusted to us and he has failed to adjust to the league. He keeps doing the same ole same ole with the same results, so it's about time he makes some adjustments and stop pointing fingers.

Just my $.02
ImageImage
br7knicks

Post#312 » by br7knicks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:32 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
br7knicks wrote:took my girl to watch Silver Lining instead of going to the knicks game.

glad i got to watch jennifer lawrence in some REALLY tight clothes instead of watching my knicks lose, again.........

It was surreal watching a movie that pimps Desean Jackson as their savior...

Look Game of Thrones is coming and it'll be impossible to ignore it. If you're a Knicks fan, you HOPE the Knicks don't have a Red Wedding.

DeRozan had his way. Gay canceled out Melo's numbers. Amir Johnson was enough to keep Amar'e numbers from doing serious damage. Concerned about how Chandler disappears on the offensive end. Lots to be concerned about.

And what happened to that bragging about the Knicks front court? Not so good.

i loved the movie. i'm normally only into crappy horror films - loved the **** out of Mama. but this was good and i like cooper and lawrence (my number 1 girl since HG) which is why i didn't mind going. i met desean jackson and got my picture taken with clinton portis back when i used to fight down in NJ. this was a few years ago so they were more relevant then. but i liked everyone in that movie

only show i watch is WD
RIP, magnumt '19

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#313 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:36 pm

br7knicks wrote:

whoa. just saw that...

Unfortunately, in an effort to get more done, I can't delete it just yet.

MeloStateOfMind
Junior
And1: 4

Post#314 » by MeloStateOfMind » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Grinditout wrote:
SuperBro wrote:Don't be so down Knicks fans. At least you guys were competitive tonight. You can't stop the juggernaut that is the Toronto Raptors man.

Not now dude, not now.

Toronto blows...they've been playing better with Rudy but they are no better than a 9th seed....Knicks should of blown these dudes out in the 1st.....the 3rd quarter meltdown killed us!!!
Giants #All-in, Yankees #27andcounting, Knicks #Knickstape #Woodtang, Rangers #NYR
Kohanz
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 992

Post#315 » by Kohanz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:30 pm

How about removing the images...
Kooz
Senior
And1: 99

Post#316 » by Kooz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:52 pm

Hero wrote:What did you guys think of the Atmosphere in the ACC from watching the game? and were the boos pretty noticably for Bargnani?

The atmosphere was great but I didn't hear the boos for Bargnani.
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,342

Post#317 » by kane » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:12 pm

anyone else get the feeling like were replaying last season and waiting for baron davis to come back and be our savior? aka sheed/camby/kmart like we always seem to be waiting around for some old dude to get back on the floor cuz our young superstars cant get the job done... this team isnt going to win jack till we can unload amares contract or find a coach that can get our front line to work, bringing amare off the bench is a short sighted fix
br7knicks

Post#318 » by br7knicks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

whoa. just saw that...

yeah, i was going to ask why you guys just don't delete it. can't you guys get rid of threads?
RIP, magnumt '19

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,861

Post#319 » by KnicksGod » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:21 pm

If we were to watch film of this game, I think we'd see that Felton has almost no lateral movement or ability to get out to a shooter. He's like a complete zero on D. I'm honestly asking, how we can defend well as a team if Ray can't stay in front of his man like even a little?

Lucas ... John Lucas the Third ... beat him EASILY a number of times. It wasn't even close.

Scary though. Is his pinkie hurting his lateral movement or is it early age? I really don't know.

I've always considered him a little above average, tough defender. Not even close last night, and in other games too.

Disconcerting to say the least.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#320 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:30 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
whoa. just saw that...

yeah, i was going to ask why you guys just don't delete it. can't you guys get rid of threads?

Mission accomplished....

Return to New York Knicks