Redick, Ayon & Smith to the Bucks for Harris, Lamb and Udrih

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

jtrinaldi
Banned User
And1: 22

Re: Redick, Ayon & Smith to the Bucks for Harris, Lamb and U 

Post#801 » by jtrinaldi » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:53 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
Wise1 wrote:It'll all be on Brandon. If he goes on a mega-tear in the playoffs...

The downside of this...some team offers him the max and we match.

Yup. If some team offers BJ3 more than 14 million we better let him go.
bucksbrewers3
Starter
And1: 292

Post#802 » by bucksbrewers3 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:56 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
Wise1 wrote:It'll all be on Brandon. If he goes on a mega-tear in the playoffs...

I love when people say this. Who cares how much he gets, its not your money. If he gets max so be it. Its not like we will be giving it to a guy that is at the tail end of his prime and we only get 2 years of it ala Michael redd. Hes 23 would just be a rookie if he stayed 4 years in college. You've seen the upside and what he can do (just look at the nets games) I think he just needs a dantoni type coach who will run and run and run. I know in todays age people don't like to wait long but you've seen improvements in his game to say otherwise is just being a hater and being negative for the sake of being negative which is pretty common on these boards.
jtrinaldi
Banned User

Post#803 » by jtrinaldi » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:59 pm

Who says this years fun has to be FTD 2.0
Lets get original and see what else there is.
something like : Get the mortar, the Bricks are falling.
bucksbrewers3
Starter

Post#804 » by bucksbrewers3 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:00 pm

jtrinaldi wrote:Who says this years fun has to be FTD 2.0
Lets get original and see what else there is.
something like : Get the mortar, the Bricks are falling.

and I rest my case on my previous post
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#805 » by unklchuk » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:02 pm

LUKE23 wrote:I think they would need to get up to the 5th seed to pull an upset.

Not in my mind. 8 ain't great. But anything else gives us a distinct minority chance for a short series upset. (Assuming the Swag Twins are contributing - and that allowing penetration is reduced.) Even 8 has a shot at a win OR a good series. Which would stir interest. (Position 8 and a 0-4 or 1-4 out would IMO accomplish very little.)

LUKE23 wrote:I also don't think Redick will be used properly on this roster. I doubt he even gets 30 minutes a game.

I'd guess it'll be a handful of games before we see how Redick is used. I think he'll be eased in, with respect for all egos. Some fans want him to start, so he doesn't have to play with Dunleavy, but I don't see that. I think he'll be the good option quietly used to pressure Monta into changing his game. Both in situations where they play together (giving Monta a better option for a shooting teammate than he's had so far), and whereby giving Monta minutes to Redick becomes the stick part of the carrot/stick. Could be an interesting dynamic. By the end of the season, the front office may have a final decision on whether they want to build with Ellis. And Ellis may have decided firmly whether to stay or go for the option year.

In addition to his play, Redick may be an interesting chess piece.
AFAIK, IDKM
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#806 » by showtimesam » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:03 pm

I'm still at a loss for how Hammond managed to give up Tobias in this deal.

If we are committed to Ersan long term at power forward Tobias is the best possible starting small forward to pair next to him. The biggest problem with our offense (besides the swag twins) is that we have no true post up option in our starting line up besides Moute.

Tobias had shown flashes of being an excellent post up player and someone we could have ran offense through with Ersan spacing the floor. Hopefully Henson will someday be that option unless Hammond gets antsy and deals him first.
jtrinaldi
Banned User

Post#807 » by jtrinaldi » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:04 pm

showtimesam wrote:I'm still at a loss for how Hammond managed to give up Tobias in this deal.

If we are committed to Ersan long term at power forward Tobias is the best possible starting small forward to pair next to him. The biggest problem with our offense (besides the swag twins) is that we have no true post up option in our starting line up besides Moute.

Tobias had shown flashes of being an excellent post up player and someone we could have ran offense through with Ersan spacing the floor. Hopefully Henson will someday be that option unless Hammond gets antsy and deals him first.

Tobes had 1 good game this year (1st game of the year vs. Boston), its a shame he didn't get more of a chance
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Post#808 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:04 pm

showtimesam wrote:I'm still at a loss for how Hammond managed to give up Tobias in this deal.

He wanted to keep the 2013 first round pick.

I'm not sure though where our small forward comes from for 2013-14.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
showtimesam
Veteran

Post#809 » by showtimesam » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:05 pm

If this organization truly cares about winning still the first move they would make would be to put Monta at sixth man for the remainder of the season and make this team somewhat watchable.
bucksbrewers3
Starter

Post#810 » by bucksbrewers3 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:07 pm

showtimesam wrote:If this organization truly cares about winning still the first move they would make would be to put Monta at sixth man for the remainder of the season and make this team somewhat watchable.

I agree 100% I think him as a 6th man would improve the team tremendously
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#811 » by unklchuk » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:08 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

I subscribe to the theory that Chancellor Kohl forced the trade. After that, as PP says, it probably came to a choice between Harris and the #1 pick. If Hammond made that choice, he must have moderate expectations for Harris. If Kohl made that choice, I suppose the pick is cheaper for longer.
AFAIK, IDKM
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#812 » by Ill-yasova » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:10 pm

Nebula1 wrote:Look, the Bucks are going for the Playoffs.. might as well sit back and support it since ain't nothing changing until the summer. Here's hoping they get the 7 or better and steal a first round series. I definitely think Redick helps them pull that off.

Hate giving up Harris, but let's roll.

This response could have literally been copied and pasted from last year's Monta trade thread. People complained about that trade, others said "Hey well at least we're going to the playoffs, we may as well support the team." A year later we're in the same situation and we're supposed to suck it up and cheer for carbon copy of last year? I admire your optimism Nebs, but I just can't get with that line of thinking.

There are going to be a portion of posters who will complain about the personnel decisions made over the last few years, and with good reason. There may be people on here who evenly openly root for the team to lose to prove their point. Most of the posters doing that have spent decades of their lives dedicating their time and money to a team who is letting them down with every available opportunity that presents itself. I can't just sit back and accept the consequences of these decisions and even continue to encourage the team's misguided direction for the future. The Bucks are losing more and more fans by the season. After a sweep at the hands of Miami or even another, very realistic, playoff whiff the result will only lead to more indifference with the people of Wisconsin.

I think the people who are speaking out are doing the biggest favor to the organization. It's not like these decisions are a recent development, they are the continuation of a trend that started after the break-up of the Big Three. This is death by a thousand cuts over the course of years right now, it's slowly but consistently whittling the fan base down until you look around and we no longer have an NBA team in Milwaukee.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
bucksbrewers3
Starter

Post#813 » by bucksbrewers3 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:17 pm

[quote=Lather, Rinse, Repeat.[/quote]

should we just complain 24/7 like the rest of you? its done so much good in the past since the FO looks at these and takes your thoughts seriously.

I'm not thrilled with the 8th seed every year none of us are but make the most of it while kohl is here because I can assure you its not going to change. When we get a new owner (hopefully it stays here) then its time to put in a new idea or two of what you want changed because it might just happen. Until then enough of the crying from all of you.
showtimesam
Veteran

Post#814 » by showtimesam » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:17 pm

Its just so funny how this team is "going for the playoffs" by adding what Hammond envisions as our third guard after the Swag twins get their 35 plus minutes a night.

Meanwhile he didn't address our gaping hole at starting Small Forward or the fact that our offense has no post up presence what so ever.
bucksbrewers3
Starter

Post#815 » by bucksbrewers3 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:19 pm

showtimesam wrote:Its just so funny how this team is "going for the playoffs" by adding what Hammond envisions as our third guard after the Swag twins get their 35 plus minutes a night.

Meanwhile he didn't address our gaping hole at starting Small Forward or the fact that our offense has no post up presence what so ever.

this off season will be fun...No PG, no SG, no SF, no coach
showtimesam
Veteran

Post#816 » by showtimesam » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:20 pm

bucksbrewers3 wrote:
showtimesam wrote:Its just so funny how this team is "going for the playoffs" by adding what Hammond envisions as our third guard after the Swag twins get their 35 plus minutes a night.

At least we have the architect of this team locked up for 3 more years!
bucksbrewers3
Starter

Post#817 » by bucksbrewers3 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:22 pm

showtimesam wrote:
bucksbrewers3 wrote:

At least we have the architect of this team locked up for 3 more years!

I have faith he will draft fine. We will have a lot of money to work with. Is that necessarily a good thing with Hammond? hes shown with cap room its not but I have faith that he learned from his mistakes last time
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#818 » by Badgerlander » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:23 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

He kept the pick and at the same time created a need, now he doesn't have to worry about who is the BPA and can focus in on SF.

Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,792

Post#819 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:26 pm

bucksbrewers3 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:

I love when people say this. Who cares how much he gets, its not your money. If he gets max so be it.

This is so silly it doesn't even deserve a response. Jesus. :lol:
showtimesam
Veteran

Post#820 » by showtimesam » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:28 pm

bucksbrewers3 wrote:

I have faith he will draft fine. We will have a lot of money to work with. Is that necessarily a good thing with Hammond? hes shown with cap room its not but I have faith that he learned from his mistakes last time

How do you have faith Hammond will do anything fine?
*Drafted Joe Alexander over Brooke Lopez
*Traded back from having the chance to draft Klay Thompson only to draft Tobias who he gave up on prematurely
*You could have picked a name out of a hat in the Jennings draft and either taken him or someone better (lawson or holiday)
*Henson looks good now but the Jury is still out (plus Hammond has a penchant for giving up on his draft picks prematurely)

Its a myth that Hammond is good in the Draft. He won big on Sanders and had a solid 2nd round selection in Moute. Thats not very good for a guy who has been here for over 4 years.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks