ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Morey or Colangelo???

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Who's a better GM?

Morey
82%
Colangelo
18%

Total votes: 108

DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man
And1: 160

Re: OT - Morey or Colangelo??? 

Post#101 » by DatBoiCapspace » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:37 pm

SDM wrote:Do you want four hundred million dollars or a cat that plays with its own turds?

I want to see you post on the MIA heat forum instead.
"I've never seen a sports market appreciate cap space more than Toronto. Cap space is like a human being to us" - Sid Seixeiro

"Cap space can't rebound, it can't make shots"- Paul Jones

Preach.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#102 » by SDM » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:41 pm

DatBoiCapspace wrote:
SDM wrote:Do you want four hundred million dollars or a cat that plays with its own turds?

So I guess we'll score one for "cat playing with own turds".
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,486

Post#103 » by dTox » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:56 pm

So there are 16 realgm accounts made by Bryan Colangelo
TBZ for the win
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#104 » by DatBoiCapspace » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:03 pm

SDM wrote:
DatBoiCapspace wrote:

Watching a cat playing with its own turd would be more entertaining then the team youd want us to put on the floor for the next 5 years :lol: .
"I've never seen a sports market appreciate cap space more than Toronto. Cap space is like a human being to us" - Sid Seixeiro

Preach.
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#105 » by Phenomenologist » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:08 pm

How the **** is this even a question? The fact that almost 20% chose BC is either because BC himself used multiple accounts to submit multiple votes (possible given his narcissism), or because we have a number of disturbed posters who are suffering from either mild-moderate retardation or a nasty case of Stockholm syndrome.
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,530

Post#106 » by Rapcity_11 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:11 pm

Phenomenologist wrote:How the **** is this even a question? The fact that almost 20% chose BC is either because BC himself used multiple accounts to submit multiple votes (possible given his narcissism), or because we have a number of disturbed posters who are suffering from either mild-moderate retardation or a nasty case of Stockholm syndrome.

Trolls.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#107 » by The_Hater » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Phenomenologist wrote:How the **** is this even a question? The fact that almost 20% chose BC is either because BC himself used multiple accounts to submit multiple votes (possible given his narcissism), or because we have a number of disturbed posters who are suffering from either mild-moderate retardation or a nasty case of Stockholm syndrome.

Sadly, I believe the answer is that there are quite a Raps few posters with Stockholm syndrome.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#108 » by SDM » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:38 pm

Definitely the Stockholm Syndrome. Haventcha heard, there's a big bright future coming. A wonderful land with max contracts, no draft picks, and no playoff appearances. Gotta keep those eyes on that prize.
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,186

Post#109 » by brownbobcat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:04 pm

The_Hater wrote:Is this question some sort of joke? Moray is a top 5 GM while BC has spent 7 years sliding down to the bottom 5.

Moray is proactive with a long term vision while BC is reactionary and seemingly changes his vision every few months.

I can understand why people think Morey was kind of dangling in NBA no-man's land for the past few years. The team overachieved relative to its individual talent and therefore didn't suck bad enough to land high picks (catch-22 of team-building). What Morey was positioning himself to do the whole time was to acquire enough pieces to trade/sign superstar-level talent. That's why he let Dragic go and traded Lowry for a pick It was a VERY risky strategy because he could've easily ended up with nothing, but it paid off with the Harden trade. Houston has a young productive core under 25, a ton of cap space and is sitting in a playoff spot right now - it's the complete opposite of the Raptors situation.
hillbilly hare
Veteran
And1: 219

Post#110 » by hillbilly hare » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:08 pm

SDM wrote:
DatBoiCapspace wrote:

Now THAT was funny. Use wit to reply to the witless always works. Good job.
Pchu
Lead Assistant
And1: 230

Post#111 » by Pchu » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:13 pm

Like Morey a lot. I am interested in how he is going to turn these young players into assets. And if he is going to overpay Josh Smith in the off-season.
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#112 » by Wo1verine » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:24 pm

I'd take pretty much anyone over BC!
BrunoSkull
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#113 » by The_Hater » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:30 pm

brownbobcat wrote:I can understand why people think Morey was kind of dangling in NBA no-man's land for the past few years. The team overachieved relative to its individual talent and therefore didn't suck bad enough to land high picks (catch-22 of team-building). What Morey was positioning himself to do the whole time was to acquire enough pieces to trade/sign superstar-level talent. That's why he let Dragic go and traded Lowry for a pick It was a VERY risky strategy because he could've easily ended up with nothing, but it paid off with the Harden trade. Houston has a young productive core under 25, a ton of cap space and is sitting in a playoff spot right now - it's the complete opposite of the Raptors situation.

Nice observation bb, you're right that the Rockets overachieved for awhile which made it harder to see his vision for some.

People also forget that Morey lost TMac and Ming, both all-stars if not superstars to career threatening injuries which made it impossible trade either of them for assets while they still had value. That would be enough to cripple most franchises for a long time but he recoved quickly and still positioned the Rockets quite nicely despite that massive set-back.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
joseph235
Banned User
And1: 1,895

Post#114 » by joseph235 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:33 pm

It's the stupid radio/tv stations like the Fan 590 who brainwash fans into thinking the team has a bright future.
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,186

Post#115 » by brownbobcat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:56 pm

The_Hater wrote:Nice observation bb, you're right that the Rockets overachieved for awhile which made it harder to see his vision for some.

People also forget that Morey lost TMac and Ming, both all-stars if not superstars to career threatening injuries which made it impossible trade either of them for assets while they still had value. That would be enough to cripple most franchises for a long time but he recoved quickly and still positioned the Rockets quite nicely despite that massive set-back.

Yeah, it really wasn't all that long ago that they found out Yao would never play again. And Morey did get some luck along the way. He was angling to acquire Dwight for the longest time, dodged a huge bullet with that one.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man

Post#116 » by DatBoiCapspace » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:33 pm

joseph235 wrote:It's the stupid radio/tv stations like the Fan 590 who brainwash fans into thinking the team has a bright future.

uhh do you even listen to the fan? All bob does is talk **** about Bargnani, he even went off on Telfair and called him the worst player in the league lol.

Preach.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,137

Post#117 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:57 pm

jimmy keys wrote:The Harden hype is getting out of control. If this guy is the number 1 option on a championship winning team, I'll take you out for a steak dinner.

He's in the 2nd tier of star players putting him anywhere from 8th to 20th. Ignoring the obvious superior players, who would you rather have? Harden or (blank) to build around?

Kyrie? - I'd rather have Kyrie
Curry? - It's debatable IMO, if Curry wasn't an injury risk I'd take Curry hands down.
Love? - A healthy Love takes it easy.
A. Davis? - Still way more potential than Harden.
Wiggins? - I know this is premature, but based on potential alone I'd take Wiggins right now given the choice.
George? - It's closer than you think.

Just to name a few. There are many more guys where you'd have to think hard about. Harden is a 1B/2 kind of guy IMO. Houston needs at least one more player on his level to make any noise in the future.

Are you on crack?

Harden is ranked #7 in the league in PER (#6 if you don't count Lopez) and #3 in win shares. You clearly haven't a clue what you're talking about when you compare him to those players. Seriously, one of the worst posts I've ever seen on this forum.
hillbilly hare
Veteran
And1: 219

Post#118 » by hillbilly hare » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:10 am

Harden quieted a lot of doubters, including myself. My question was always, would he produce as efficiently and proportionally over 40 mpg as he did coming off the bench. Big-time yes.

In terms of PER he has only gotten better as the season progresses. He now is the highest ranked SG in the league. At 23. He's also getting close to 6 assists, which is pretty amazing, as he's the team's only real top-notch scorer.

Fantastic trade, which hurst all the more considering we had, or should have had (i.e. Drummond), the resources to trade for him.
Spacing
Banned User
And1: 2,252

Post#119 » by Spacing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:09 am

Pchu wrote:Like Morey a lot. I am interested in how he is going to turn these young players into assets. And if he is going to overpay Josh Smith in the off-season.

Harden+Josh Smith could probably beat our starters in a 5 vs 2 game.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,150

Post#120 » by Mehar » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Morey by longslide. It is not even a question.

Return to Toronto Raptors