ImageImageImageImageImage

Lowry to fans: Stop booing Bargnani

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,674

Re: Lowry to fans: Stop booing Bargnani 

Post#541 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:09 pm

The thing I don't get is the boo's rained down harder than ever, when he took the floor. The day after the trade deadline. He can't be moved. The only motivation is just to let him know you're hate in the hope it makes him feel bad. He'll turn it around, as it's only been a few games of the struggle that people are now defining him with. He'll turn it around, for himself, in spite of the Toronto fans booing him, not because of them.

Like him, hate him this is the best team we've had in a while. And we're doing all we can to make it not work? It's not about proving anything about you being right about him, his career is far from over. Is he a bust, looks like that last week, but he's third all time in Raptors scoring, behind Bosh and VC. third in def rebounding, lol, 4th in Blocks - yes he's 4th and 5th in games played and minutes. But I find it funny people say he did nothing all year for us when the coach played him like 36 minutes a game. Coach could have sat him down anytime, and didn't. You can say BC forced his hand, but it's more the other talent on the team forced his hand. Ed improved. He wasn't as solid of a player, before. This team rode Andrea with little help, and now that we have more talent, people would rather blame Bargs for not being a better first option, than embrace him as a sixth man.

The way we look at Melo, Gay and they're volume shooting, was what we started the hate train on Bargs for, because he had to do that too, when we had less talent. this team could make the playoffs, is good enough to make the playoffs and can play and beat any team in this league. Isn't that what we want? We should get out of our own way for once.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#542 » by sanity » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:12 pm

Well, the cheers were as loud as ever in the end of that game. The fans are fine and Lowry was simply abiding by the leadership code: support your teammates. Its not as if he's going to say the opposite if asked how he feels bout fans booing Andrea.

Its on Andrea to improve his play and find some determination within his game. This is the best team we've had in awhile with a shot at doing some damage in the post season---so, you'd think that a player who's been here for the last 5 years of losing would be amped at the potential of this team.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#543 » by J-Roc » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:14 pm

These are fans who need to be told to quiet down while Rudy Gay takes crucial free throws. I don't think there's any need to read into the sense of why Bargs was booed when he was. Toronto fans just look for stuff to cheer and boo about at a game.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,271

Post#544 » by Brinbe » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:20 pm

Yeah, his teammates (for the most part) like Bargs, and Lowry's a leader and he's gonna ride for his comrade. But the fans on a whole are just fed up. I'm not sure why people are approaching it as if he the booing would/will magically affect Andrea's trade value or something (mostly because he already has none). That's a management issue, not any of my concern. MLSE isn't paying me or us to care about that, so why should we?

I already made this point earlier in the thread, but I'll boo who the **** I want, when I want, because I'm a paying fan and it's well within my rights. Bargs' languid play and lazy approach to the game for the last seven years was already an insult to this fanbase. He's making millions of dollars to do jack**** and be coddled along and supported despite sub-par results.

And really, caliper don't lie, he doesn't care. About the booing or hustling.
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#545 » by Ted Lasso » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:22 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:The only motivation is just to let him know you're hate in the hope it makes him feel bad.

Another possible motivation is to let Bryan Colangelo know that you are sick and tired of the Bargnani experience and most certainly do not want him inserted back into the starting lineup at the first opportunity.

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:people would rather blame Bargs for not being a better first option, than embrace him as a sixth man.

People could still embrace him as a sixth man once his role becomes clear and permanent, his efficiency rises, and the situation stabilizes a bit. We'll see how the rest of the season plays out. Bryan Colangelo has taken so long to put Bargnani where he belongs that the situation has become possibly irrevocably toxic.
Agimat
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,892

Post#546 » by Agimat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:29 pm

Booing Barg sends a sour note to Rudy Gay and Sebastion Telfair about Toronto fans.Toronto fans are better than that and we should support all our players and not turn on them. Barg can be a real asset to this team lets encourage him.

-Bleachers
plainballing
Head Coach
And1: 1,585

Post#547 » by plainballing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:34 pm

The only player I really booed is Hoffa...man...this guy just don't know how to play...even tho we were expecting way too much out of him.
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/lillehammer/Turbo_Zone_Little_Ozzy_Davis.jpg
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#548 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:40 pm

LOL, so a couple of Raps fanbois have taken their plea to the general board, and oh man, it's hilarious how badly these fanbois are getting owned.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,478

Post#549 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:54 pm

Regardless of whether it's right or not, it's not going to stop.

So it's on the player/team to address and deal with it.
MagnusPinus
Analyst
And1: 148

Post#550 » by MagnusPinus » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Everything that happened to this organization in the last year it's his fault.. He had an amazing supporting cast thru the years with incredible guys like James Johnson, Rusual Butler, Anthony Carter, Linas Kleiza, Jarrett Jack.. a young though very complete Demar.. Amir Johnson uber talented.. What a team.. the problem was this terrible scorer who was making 20 points a game for seasons while stopping all these talented players from winning games.

IT'S ALL HIS FAULT!
GuyverADL wrote:
The only thing Curry will raise from the start of the season is his cholesterol.
People do not understand Curry's reason for wanting to be a ballerina. He wanted to be able to contort his body to be able to fit in the fridge.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,271

Post#551 » by Brinbe » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:07 pm

MagnusPinus wrote:Everything that happened to this organization in the last year it's his fault.. He had an amazing supporting cast thru the years with incredible guys like James Johnson, Rusual Butler, Anthony Carter, Linas Kleiza, Jarrett Jack.. a young though very complete Demar.. Amir Johnson uber talented.. What a team.. the problem was this terrible scorer who was making 20 points a game for seasons while stopping all these talented players from winning games.

IT'S ALL HIS FAULT!

Whoever said that? And good players make their teammates better, so...

Really, I'm not even sure what your argument is.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,313

Post#552 » by mtcan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:09 pm

Agimat wrote:Booing Barg sends a sour note to Rudy Gay and Sebastion Telfair about Toronto fans.Toronto fans are better than that and we should support all our players and not turn on them. Barg can be a real asset to this team lets encourage him.

-Bleachers

Actually it sends the message that if you're good, play hard and want to win...fans will support you and love you. But if you show up with a half-assed effort, speak negatively about the state of your team to the media and refuse to improve your game despite criticisms from everywhere...you will be booed...and rightfully so.

Guys like Mo Peterson, Alvin Williams, Matt Bonner were never great players...but they always left it on the floor and loved this city...that's why Toronto fans will always greet them with cheers and ovation. I have a feeling Calderon will receive a similar reception when he comes back to Toronto.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,674

Post#553 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:19 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rrT9kbF9dM[/youtube]
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#554 » by sca » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:26 pm

mtcan wrote:
Agimat wrote:Booing Barg sends a sour note to Rudy Gay and Sebastion Telfair about Toronto fans.Toronto fans are better than that and we should support all our players and not turn on them. Barg can be a real asset to this team lets encourage him.

-Bleachers

Actually it sends the message that if you're good, play hard and want to win...fans will support you and love you. But if you show up with a half-assed effort, speak negatively about the state of your team to the media and refuse to improve your game despite criticisms from everywhere...you will be booed...and rightfully so.

Guys like Mo Peterson, Alvin Williams, Matt Bonner were never great players...but they always left it on the floor and loved this city...that's why Toronto fans will always greet them with cheers and ovation. I have a feeling Calderon will receive a similar reception when he comes back to Toronto.

Calderon was receiving death threats over twitter at the beginning of the season. He's constantly been called out by the same posters who want Bargnani booed nowadays. Don't act like he was beloved by the fans while he was here, even if he was giving 100% effort night in and night out. Bargnani has similar limitations physically, but somehow people are convinced that he's not "giving any effort." Fact is, he's the villain to some of the fans to whom everything is black or white (Bargnani sucks, Colangelo sucks, Casey sucks) and nothing will ever change their minds.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#555 » by Indeed » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:27 pm

hillbilly hare wrote:
dagger wrote:This reminds me a bit about Vince's last season here - the media, Feschuk in particular, started a vendetta against him. So Carter obliged by being increasingly less motivated at putting in effort. In the end, we got 10 cents on the dollar in trading him, set the franchise back for years.

Ya, that strategy worked really well.

Wrong headed. It was only at that one single point in his time here that Vince stopped caring and putting in the effort. Prior to that he was one of the most loved athletes in Toronto history and he responded to that by putting on fantastic show after fantastic show.

The thing rubs both ways. And it usually starts with the fans. They cheer on the new guy and, if he deserves, that support builds into respect and at times adulation. The guy then does his best to respond to that. But with Andrea it's different. He has rarely shown the intensity and dedication, which is a shame for both the fans and for him. He has never lived up to his potential and the first person he let down is himself. And then the fans. No, it's nothing new, and it can rightly be asked, Why now? Who knows. Maybe it is just finally enough is enough.

Another thing might be that fans see guys like Lowry and Gay and Amir and Jonas when he can, putting out most of the time and showing professional devotion to the game and to their teammates. And in contrast to them, Andrea stands out for his apathy and for being a bit of a suck.

Funny to see you argue with someone who joined since 2002, which is within the Carter era.

The media in Toronto tries to makeup story to praise the readers, which is not new to me. Same as the story regarding Bargnani told media the worst NBA team, which is a complete makeup as well.
hillbilly hare
Veteran
And1: 219

Post#556 » by hillbilly hare » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:31 pm

Indeed wrote:
hillbilly hare wrote:
dagger wrote:This reminds me a bit about Vince's last season here - the media, Feschuk in particular, started a vendetta against him. So Carter obliged by being increasingly less motivated at putting in effort. In the end, we got 10 cents on the dollar in trading him, set the franchise back for years.

Wrong headed. It was only at that one single point in his time here that Vince stopped caring and putting in the effort. Prior to that he was one of the most loved athletes in Toronto history and he responded to that by putting on fantastic show after fantastic show.

The thing rubs both ways. And it usually starts with the fans. They cheer on the new guy and, if he deserves, that support builds into respect and at times adulation. The guy then does his best to respond to that. But with Andrea it's different. He has rarely shown the intensity and dedication, which is a shame for both the fans and for him. He has never lived up to his potential and the first person he let down is himself. And then the fans. No, it's nothing new, and it can rightly be asked, Why now? Who knows. Maybe it is just finally enough is enough.

Another thing might be that fans see guys like Lowry and Gay and Amir and Jonas when he can, putting out most of the time and showing professional devotion to the game and to their teammates. And in contrast to them, Andrea stands out for his apathy and for being a bit of a suck.

Funny to see you argue with someone who joined since 2002, which is within the Carter era.

The media in Toronto tries to makeup story to praise the readers, which is not new to me. Same as the story regarding Bargnani told media the worst NBA team, which is a complete makeup as well.

Not sure what you mean. I'll tentatively retort (just in case I misunderstood), that I've been a Raptor fan since well before 2002. I wasn't on Real GM then, but they let me into the arena anyway :wink:
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#557 » by sca » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:33 pm

Indeed wrote:
hillbilly hare wrote:

What's funny is if that sentence was uttered by some player with proven leadership qualities, it would be interpreted as if he was trying to light a fire up his teammates' asses. But when Bargnani says that, that must mean he's throwing his teammates under the bus.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#558 » by Indeed » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:42 pm

sca wrote:
mtcan wrote:

-Bleachers

Calderon was receiving death threats over twitter at the beginning of the season. He's constantly been called out by the same posters who want Bargnani booed nowadays. Don't act like he was beloved by the fans while he was here, even if he was giving 100% effort night in and night out. Bargnani has similar limitations physically, but somehow people are convinced that he's not "giving any effort." Fact is, he's the villain to some of the fans to whom everything is black or white (Bargnani sucks, Colangelo sucks, Casey sucks) and nothing will ever change their minds.

I think Bargnani doesn't know how to play his position is one big problem. There maybe some effort problem and physical limitation, but every player will fall asleep once in a while over 36 minutes.

Similar to Gay in Memphis, Bargnani is not being utilized. He does not play like a big, and people want him to play like one, however, they failed to understand he is effective to play the way he is (scoring 19ppg per 36), and it is effective against most of the teams (as effective as Gay if you compare the number).

The problem is, fans are not adept to the new NBA. LeBron, Durant, Melo, Gay, Galli, and etc are now the new PF; and stretch bigs in Bosh, Amare, Griffin and etc. with little defense are acceptable at C. There is not many back to the basket bigs, and they take too long to setup (get post position, even Phil Jackson mentioned the league should extend the shot clock to 30 seconds), where teams are focus more on the perimeter with more skillful players.

People think we still need a low post present may not be true, most teams prefer their bigs can shoot 18 feet. Aldridge, Garnett, Bosh, Duncan, Scola, Horford and etc. They are among top 20 shooting from 16-23 feet (in attempts), and this is how teams play.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,124

Post#559 » by djsunyc » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:42 pm

everyone can justify it anyway they want...but if an actual nba player says something, y'all should listen.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,313

Post#560 » by mtcan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:45 pm

djsunyc wrote:everyone can justify it anyway they want...but if an actual nba player says something, y'all should listen.

Can an actual NBA player tell Andrea not to suck so much and give a **** once in a while? Thanks.

Return to Toronto Raptors