ImageImage

What do you want to do this off-season?

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Re: What do you want to do this off-season? 

Post#81 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:10 pm

LUKE23 wrote:No interest in Jack. I'd let Jennings walk as well.

Well then whose your target? Id imagine if pps right about jacks contract id pass at his age too.

We offer smith or millsap the motherload.
We reup redick at basically whatever it costs.
We draft a pg preferably burke

And we sign or i guess trade for a pg making less than say 6 mil per at the very most on shorter term contract...... collison? Andre miller? Devin harris?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,839

Post#82 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:19 pm

Unfortunately I think we are stuck with Jennings unless he melts down the last 29 games.

We probably offer him a 4/$44 at the outset not to hurt his feelings. He explores the market, finds that the best deal and then takes it.

I'm troubled by this, however I am more troubled by Monta not opting out. We've got to dump his $11 million owed, but unless those shooting percentages come up, he may be here unless Phoenix offers him 4/$32.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#83 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:33 pm

There will be a team thats willing to absorb monta. Theres gonna be several teams hoarding space for the big free agency of 2014 when miamis guys are set to expire. Monta on an expiring can preserve that.

The biggest issue is whether we look to move him if he does opt in. Thats where my concern is
jtrinaldi
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#84 » by jtrinaldi » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Screw Smoove
Screw Jennings
Sign Dwight this offseason,
Lebron the next offseason.
Max out Larry
Looks like this
PG: Ish
SG: not important, won't be shooting much
SF: Lebron
PF: Larry/Henson
C: Dwight/Henson
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#85 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:49 pm

No interest in dwight for the max. Lebron i could be convinced.
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#86 » by showtimesam » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:13 pm

This offseason could have been truly special if we were hiring a new GM with a fresh perspective on how to turn this team around and a vision for the future.

Sadly Hambone is going to set this organization back another decade.

But back to the way this offseason should go (assuming we still can't properly "tank":
1. Agree on a 5 year contract extension with Larry Sanders (don't finalize until other moves are made)
2.See if you can resign Jennings for $8M or so a year (if not he can walk). If he walks try and sign a guy like Collison or Jack to a 2 year deal (give them a nice first year salary with our cap room to entice them to take a short term deal).
3.If we are truly confident in John Henson being our PF we should explore any deals with Ersan to bring in a young impact player at SF on a reasonable deal while Ers' value will be at its highest
4. Resign Redick to a 3 year deal
5. Best Player Available in Draft regardless of position
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#87 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:17 pm

showtimesam wrote:This offseason could have been truly special if we were hiring a new GM with a fresh perspective on how to turn this team around and a vision for the future.

That's the really hard part. We botched yet another trade deadline and the guy driving the ship is signed up here for another three years.

Would have preferred Kohl just said to Hammond - "Look John, I'll give you full autonomy at the trade deadline, but show me something special. Then we will talk contract extension"

showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#88 » by showtimesam » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:19 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
showtimesam wrote:This offseason could have been truly special if we were hiring a new GM with a fresh perspective on how to turn this team around and a vision for the future.

That's the really hard part. We botched yet another trade deadline and the guy driving the ship is signed up here for another three years.

Would have preferred Kohl just said to Hammond - "Look John, I'll give you full autonomy at the trade deadline, but show me something special. Then we will talk contract extension"

Very true, Hammond must be the ultimate Herb Kohl "yes man" to have conned him out of an extension right after Skiles was fired. The man has accomplished literally nothing in his time here besides drafting Sanders.
PedroGrande
Analyst
And1: 731

Post#89 » by PedroGrande » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Amnisty Gooden
Let Sammy Go

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqzF3YL8laM[/youtube]

(man i feel so bad laughing at that...)

Ellis Opt out
Keep Ersan, Henson
Extend Sanders (Better soon than later)

If we can sign jennings at less than 8M per we could do it (not likely)

Reddick 3 years if less than... 8M per (we will need to get the minimum salary)

Only trade Luc if it is for a 1rst or a good young player with potential.

Let Daniels, Pryz go.

Make an offer for Teague (like 8 or 9 M for 4 years)

With Dunleavy if we can get him for cheap, he can still bring something in a trade to a contender at the deadline.

So,

Teague (jennings) / Ish / (9+1)
JJ / Draft (8+3)
Dunleavy /Draft or Luc (4+5(3))
Ersan/Henson (8+2)
Sanders (9)

So we are looking at 10+11+9+10+9= 49 Mil commited (minnimum maybe?) + Fillers to have 15.
"Hope isn't a plan"
Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#90 » by Wilford Brimley » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:13 pm

The Mavericks were looking at Brandon Jennings prior to the trade deadline, and it appears they aren't giving up on pursuing the Bucks point guard. They'd "love" to nab him in restricted free agency this summer, and that's an outcome Jennings would like to happen as well, as Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News writes. The Bucks, though, will have the right to match any offer he gets, and earlier this season they informed him they intend to do just that.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/02/mavs ... um=twitter
BigDoggyStyle
Senior
And1: 49

Post#91 » by BigDoggyStyle » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:23 am

Wilford Brimley wrote:
The Mavericks were looking at Brandon Jennings prior to the trade deadline, and it appears they aren't giving up on pursuing the Bucks point guard. They'd "love" to nab him in restricted free agency this summer, and that's an outcome Jennings would like to happen as well, as Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News writes. The Bucks, though, will have the right to match any offer he gets, and earlier this season they informed him they intend to do just that.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/02/mavs ... um=twitter

Man, I hope Cuban doesn't give him some ridiculous offer. Because it will undoubtedly be matched by the Bucks. I'd much rather just let him go if that was the case, but Hammond isn't that smart.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,612

Post#92 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:30 am

I think 11 million is going to be the cutting point. Over that and I think even Hammond might let Jennings walk. Problem is, Monta is getting that money then.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#93 » by eagle13 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:54 am

CURRENT CONTRACTS = 31.0
Ersan 7.9
Gooden 6.7
Moute 4.6
Udoh 4.5
sanders 3.0
Henson 1.9
Ayon 1.5
Smith 0.9
TOTAL 31.0

Amnesty Gooden

TRADES
Moute & Two 2nds –ORL- oquinn moore harkless
Ersan udoh –PHX- gortat 1st-lp
Harkless two 1sts –LAC- Bledsoe
Gortat –CHI- Deng – Bulls save $6m & avoid lux tax

* It is a risk trading for Bledsoe as he hasn’t faced the test of time, but given the limited options, he’s clearly has the most upside.
* Despite huge talent discrepancy, Chicago almost swapped Boozer for Bargnani to save $5mil & avoid luxury tax. Their payroll goes up next season. They need to dump salary.
* Reddick’s best buddy on Magic was rookie late 1st pick Kyle O’Quinn a burly 6’10 PF who
has some upside. Make JJ feel good.
* Gortat is disgruntled. Suns were shopping him at deadline.

AFTER TRADES

ON ROSTER LAST SEASON
sanders - 3.0
Henson - 1.9
Ayon - 1.5
Smith - 0.9

ADDED BY TRADE
Deng - 14.3
Bledsoe - 2.1
O’Quinn - 0.8
Moore - 0.8

FREE AGENCY
Resign Reddick as last transaction.
Let all FAs walk
Clearly there is no way BJ deserves $12-13mil for his inefficient, can’t finish, moodiness.
He’ll go to a big market anyway.
I don’t believe JSmith will sign w/ us. Houston or Phoenix will. Or some S&T.

SIGNED
Al Jefferson 28 = 17m/y-4yrs
Gerald Henderson 25 = 20m/4yrs
Chase Budinger 24 = 16m/4yrs
Nate Robinson 28 = 5m/2y
DeMarre Carroll 26 = 4m/2y
Rony Turiaf 30 = 1.5m/1y

SALARY CAP= $58.04m / PAYROLL= $57.3m

RESIGN- Reddick 29 = 32m/4yrs

TOTAL PAYROLL= $65.8m
LUXURY TAX= $70m

ROSTER
Jefferson / Ayon / Turiaf
Sanders / Henson / Quninn
Deng / Budinger / Carroll
Reddick / Henderson / Moore
Bledsoe / Robinson / ISmith

NEXT OFF SEASON
EXPIRING= $23
Sanders, Bledsoe, Deng, O’Quinn, Ayon, Tuuriaf, Moore
THEN PAYROLL= $42.8m
IF Sanders & Bledsoe both play well Deng may be unaffordable.
braindazer
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

Post#94 » by braindazer » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:08 pm

I would like to see if the bucks could sign devin harris and resign jj, sammy and jr. and get rid of ellis and bj for starters . I think of a back court of harris and jj with our bigs would be much more balanced and effective . then maybe wipe out goodens contract and go after josh . starting 5- harris,jj,smith,ers,sanders . bench- jr,henson,prince,sammy,udoh ,and maybe get another 1/2 combo guard like luike ridnour , maybe some kinda of sign and trade for jennings .
it's always funny............... TILL I GET HURT!!!!
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#95 » by LUKE23 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Devin Harris? Ick.

I'd go after Teague. If we can't land him (guessing Hawks match but who knows if they can make a big splash elsewhere), then I'd hopefully be able to land Burke in the draft (it will be close, I think if we miss the playoffs we can get him, if not, might miss him by a few spots). I would not match Jennings under any scenario. I don't trust him whatsoever moving forward.

I'd bring back Redick at anything $8M per year or less.

I'd definitely let Monta walk and amnesty Gooden. I wouldn't even look at Josh Smith at the money he'll cost, in addition to the fact that Moute/Ilyasova/Sanders/Henson is very good in the frontcourt. The problems long-term are at PG, SG, SF.

What we really need to avoid this offseason is giving big money to any of the following three players: Jennings, Ellis, Smith.
braindazer
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

Post#96 » by braindazer » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:31 pm

Teague would be great . My main goal is to replace bj and ellis while resigning sammy,jr and jj . I think smith would be intersting with that bunch, but I would be wary of signing him too . I like our front court potential ,but we'll never realize it with bj and ellis with their skills [or lack of] and attitudes .
it's always funny............... TILL I GET HURT!!!!
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#97 » by Badgerlander » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:32 pm

Just out of curiosity would you rather have Jennings at 4/40+ or Bayless at 4/28ish?
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
giraldo5
Sixth Man
And1: 109

Post#98 » by giraldo5 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:53 pm

If you come out and offer Teague a big deal at the start of free agency we can land Teague imo. The Hawks will need to keep that cap space in the hopes of landing Dwight and I doubt he'll make a decision in the first 7 or 8 days of free agency.

Ultimately though this whole thread is pointless. Bucks are idiots and will not do anything smart
giraldo5
Sixth Man
And1: 109

Post#99 » by giraldo5 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:55 pm

DocHoliday wrote:Just out of curiosity would you rather have Jennings at 4/40+ or Bayless at 4/28ish?

Wow, that's like choosing who you'd want to sleep with. Roseanne Barr or Rosie O'Donnell
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#100 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:18 pm

We have $42 million on the books for next year. I'm assuming for planning purposes that Monta opts in.

Add in $2.5 million for draft choices and round up and we have $45 million committed.

Our offseason strategy first needs to take into account cap holds. Until we reduce them by guys signing elsewhere or renouncing them, we will have no cap space.

Brandon's cap hold is going to be about $7.5 million. Redick's cap hold will be almost $10 million.

So unless we renounce both, we will be at about $62 million even if we have renounced Dalembert (cap hold of about $10 million) and Dunleavy (cap hold of about $5.5 million)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks