Knicks may oust Heat this year...think back to 2011 Dallas.

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Re: Buying Low,: Knicks will win the NBA this year 

Post#21 » by mr_sunshine » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:49 pm

Froob wrote:
te887848 wrote:Knicks will get smashed in 5 games by the Heat. Their supposed "matchup" advantages inside are way overstated. Their defense is thoroughly mediocre, unlike say an Indiana or Chicago, and they can't punish them inside for playing small.

By the way, the Mavs of 2011 are so overrated. If LeBron doesn't go AWOL out of the blue for no good reason, the Heat easily win that series. SMH at people thinking a "Dallas style" or effective "zone defense" will yield results similar to 2011. LeBron is a totally different player. Cannot be stopped. Miami is a virtual lock to come out of the East and will only be remotely challenged by San Antonio.

lol I love how you guys act like you went 16-0 in the playoffs. You don't get away with murder in game 2 of ECF and the finals are a lot different.

That's not true at all. There's no guarantee Boston would have wo the series either way. The best team Miami played was OKC and they breezed right by them and the Heat are better this year. Got to give it up to LeBron for getting significantly better this year (didn't seem possible).
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,978

Post#22 » by Froob » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:50 pm

mr_sunshine wrote:
Froob wrote:
te887848 wrote:Knicks will get smashed in 5 games by the Heat. Their supposed "matchup" advantages inside are way overstated. Their defense is thoroughly mediocre, unlike say an Indiana or Chicago, and they can't punish them inside for playing small.

By the way, the Mavs of 2011 are so overrated. If LeBron doesn't go AWOL out of the blue for no good reason, the Heat easily win that series. SMH at people thinking a "Dallas style" or effective "zone defense" will yield results similar to 2011. LeBron is a totally different player. Cannot be stopped. Miami is a virtual lock to come out of the East and will only be remotely challenged by San Antonio.

lol I love how you guys act like you went 16-0 in the playoffs. You don't get away with murder in game 2 of ECF and the finals are a lot different.

That's not true at all. There's no guarantee Boston would have wo the series either way. The best team Miami played was OKC and they breezed right by them and the Heat are better this year. Got to give it up to LeBron for getting significantly better this year (didn't seem possible).

I'm just saying the heat didn't destroy everybody. Nobody gives Boston credit for pushing Miami to 7 and late into the 4th. Ugh not to mention we had multiples guys out. Having this year's Jeff Green woulda been huge and Avery Bradley. Heat are not unstoppable. Favorites? Definitely.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
yoadknux
Pro Prospect
And1: 125

Post#23 » by yoadknux » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:51 pm

Knicks won't make it to the ECF. They can't beat the Pacers, let alone the Heat...
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#24 » by PetroNet » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:51 pm

GreenBloodedC wrote:I was like, this is probably an old thread that just got bumped.

Then, as I checked the date :o whoa, it's new.

lol... same here.. i was like this has to be from november :lol:
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,554

Post#25 » by Jadoogar » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:59 pm

Depending on the matchup, I can see the Knicks losing in the first round. Boston, Pacers and obviously Miami could beat them and the Nets and Bulls have a pretty good shot too.

Strange timing on this thread, the Knicks have lost 5 of their last 6, including loses to Washington and the Raptors (2 times).
Ice the knees
Veteran
And1: 618

Post#26 » by Ice the knees » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:01 pm

Not enough defense, discipline, or experience. I know that seems too simple, but that alone almost insures they will not win the NBA championship.
WinisKing
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,988

Post#27 » by WinisKing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Felton >>>>>>> Chalmers
Shumpert= A declining Wade, less offense but more defense
Melo = Lebron Both are MVP candidates, Lebron might be better defensively, but Melo is the best scorer I've seen since Michael Jordan. The only reason why he doesn't have 9 scoring titles is because of them F&@# refs man
Amare and Tyson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bosh + the other scrub

Am I doing this right?
Ice the knees
Veteran
And1: 618

Post#28 » by Ice the knees » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:05 pm

WinisKing wrote:Melo = Lebron

Am I doing this right?

LOL, no. No you are not.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,619

Post#29 » by Johnny Firpo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:07 pm

te887848 wrote:By the way, the Mavs of 2011 are so overrated. If LeBron doesn't go AWOL out of the blue for no good reason, the Heat easily win that series.

Bullcrap. The Mavs beat the Heat like 12 straight times before the finals, they were a terrible matchup for the Heat, and making Lebron give the ball up was designed. His efficiency was high, the Mavs just chose to make him a distributor with agressive doubling. When you double Lebron, you know he's gonna find the open man, and the Mavs chose to live with that. Also, that Mavs team started out the season with an 18-4, or 20-4 record (not sure at the moment), but what was really telling, they were annihilating playoff teams. Then injuries happened, but once everyone was healthy again, they were rolling march. Had a 23 games stretch, where they won 20 games, and lost the other 3 by a combined 4 points, leading in all 3 games in the last minute of regulation. So again, the writings were on the wall, great team, not overrated at all.
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,396

Post#30 » by MartyConlonJr » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:11 pm

All that is needed is for Carmelo to play one of the greatest playoff series of all time (like dirk did), have someone who has is now in argument for GOAT play a lackadaisical series on par with some of the worst by a superstar ever (like Lebron did), and manage epic comebacks on almost flawless shooting (Miami won games 1 and 3, but lost 25 and 15 point leads in the fourth quarters of game 2 and 4) to win.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,830

Post#31 » by bledredwine » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:19 pm

Mavs had a better interior defensive line-up, length, DIRK>Melo lets be honest, great coaching,

and Jason Terry swagging it out.

On top of that, the big 3's been together longer, Spo is less of a dumbass, add Ray Allen + R. Lewis etc. I also highly doubt Lebron would get shut down this year so easily by interior D though that does seem to give him fits.

I'd much rather have NY win than the Heat, but it's just not likely.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
daschysta
Assistant Coach
And1: 347

Post#32 » by daschysta » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:32 pm

Knicks would lose to Indiana or Chicago in a series, let alone the Heat.

They have played like an 8th seed since their red hot first 20ish games or so. Multiple teams have been significantly better since that aberration of a start. Teams have started to just play Melo single coverage and stay home on their shooters and they have no answer and look like a mess. Indy just smashed them by nearly 40 and they are just imploding overall.
carayip
Rookie
And1: 17

Post#33 » by carayip » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:40 pm

Kidd was 2 years older and had no where the impact as he did in 2011 anymore.
Alize
Senior
And1: 283

Post#34 » by Alize » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:46 pm

2 reasons the dallas mavs won it in 2011, lebron was not attacking the basket at all in the last games and dirks GOAT performence, if bron played like the first 3 rounds , miami would have won the series
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#35 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:47 pm

No way can the Knicks win 4 out of 7 against Miami. I just don't see it.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Bandwagon1
Pro Prospect
And1: 518

Post#36 » by Bandwagon1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:50 pm

Lol.
GG
Krodis
Lead Assistant
And1: 599

Post#37 » by Krodis » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:05 pm

Just as soon a Carmelo Anthony turns into Dirk Nowitzki, Kidd de-ages a couple years, Shumpert learns any semblance of an offensive game, JR Smith turns down the stupidity just a notch, Amare learns to defend a chair, and Mike Woodson turns into Rick Carlisle, then maybe you'll be right.

So no.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#38 » by Dupp » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:16 pm

This is a repeat thread from earlier in the season but now the knicks are actually playing to their real potential. They'll make ecf's at best but even then im not sold theyll make it that far. Fact is they have no chance and never had a chance to win a title this season.
Tamilballah
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#39 » by Tamilballah » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:20 pm

Raps in 4. /thread
rizkid92
Senior
And1: 253

Post#40 » by rizkid92 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:33 pm

And this is why ballboys shouldnt be able to make threads. Thus guy i just trying to make knick fans look bad

Return to The General Board