ImageImageImageImageImage

around the nba part 5

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

TAPEemALL
Banned User
And1: 596

Re: around the nba part 5 

Post#361 » by TAPEemALL » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:20 am

Watching Popovich coach makes me really depressed about having Woodson as our coach. This guy calls TO and draws up the perfect plays to get a bucket. Woody calls a timeout to set up a melo ISo lol. It's actually quite sad watching a real coach, coach .
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Post#362 » by CrazyKnicks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:25 am

duetta wrote:It's official. Donnie should have stayed asleep and kept David Lee in New York; but I guess the other man's grass looks always greener.

Lee has proven that he's not a stat padder on bad teams. He actually looks ok on defense now. With him and Gallo playing well this season it makes you wonder what could have been if we kept our homegrown talent.
Nono
Banned User
And1: 65

Post#363 » by Nono » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:28 am

Against the Clippers Ginobli had two consecutive stupid turnovers and he made another crucial one right at the end today. Basically lost them the game.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#364 » by Greenie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:51 am

I hate this thread :rolleyes:
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#365 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:32 pm

duetta wrote:It's official. Donnie should have stayed asleep and kept David Lee in New York; but I guess the other man's grass looks always greener.

I'm convinced we'd be ahead of Miami this season had we kept Lee instead of signing Amare.
kakaman
Banned User
And1: 665

Post#366 » by kakaman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:

I'm convinced we'd be ahead of Miami this season had we kept Lee instead of signing Amare.

Not too sure about that when iso Melo is in play
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Post#367 » by Pharmcat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:21 pm

no 1 was coming here to play with lee

amare was able to attract melo, and then TC came after

chandler had a chance to play with Lee in GS, and he turned it down to come here
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Post#368 » by Pharmcat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:22 pm

Crazyknicks wrote:

Lee has proven that he's not a stat padder on bad teams. He actually looks ok on defense now. With him and Gallo playing well this season it makes you wonder what could have been if we kept our homegrown talent.

too many what if scenarios to consider how this team would be if the homegrown talent was kept
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Post#369 » by CrazyKnicks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:48 pm

Pharmcat wrote:

chandler had a chance to play with Lee in GS, and he turned it down to come here

In all fairness, Chandler came here cause we gave him the best contract.

Amare is the better name, but Lee is so far looking like the more reliable and productive player out of the two without all the injury concerns.

Of course it's easy to be critical of those moves now, but I was just thinking a random what if...
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Post#370 » by GONYK » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:52 pm

Crazyknicks wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:

In all fairness, Chandler came here cause we gave him the best contract.

Amare is the better name, but Lee is so far looking like the more reliable and productive player out of the two without all the injury concerns.

Of course it's easy to be critical of those moves now, but I was just thinking a random what if...

Chandler took less money to come here.
kinein
Rookie
And1: 119

Post#371 » by kinein » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:14 pm

David Lee with 22 rebounds the other night + Tyson Chandler ~ would have OWNED the boards. I know its entirely hypothetical but that was all I could think about while watching GS in their ugly tshirts beat the Spurs.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#372 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:19 pm

Houston quietly holding a playoff spot...and after ripping off the Kings, they have the cap to get Josh Smith. This is a very young team that could be exciting next season.
Never Wrong
Banned User
And1: 496

Post#373 » by Never Wrong » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:38 pm

Pharmcat wrote:

We had no cap space the entire time Lee was here. FA's came here because they could. People always say this BS that Amare attracted Melo. Correlation doesn't imply causation. Learn it. Melo's contract was coming up and wanted NY. Why else would the Nets have been a secondary option for him? He wanted to play in NY. And Chandler wanted to get paid and we outbid every other team. He would've played for the Bobcats if they offered that much money.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Post#374 » by GONYK » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:42 pm

Never Wrong wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:

We had no cap space the entire time Lee was here. FA's came here because they could. People always say this BS that Amare attracted Melo. Correlation doesn't imply causation. Learn it. Melo's contract was coming up and wanted NY. Why else would the Nets have been a secondary option for him? He wanted to play in NY. And Chandler wanted to get paid and we outbid every other team. He would've played for the Bobcats if they offered that much money.

We offered Tyson less than GS and he came here.

In his own words, he did so to play with Melo and Amare.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#375 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:12 am

Never Wrong wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:

gs offered him 60 million. knicks offered 58.

you gotta change your username now, right?
GettinitDone
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,775

Post#376 » by GettinitDone » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:59 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:Houston quietly holding a playoff spot...and after ripping off the Kings, they have the cap to get Josh Smith. This is a very young team that could be exciting next season.

We can always hold dual-fandomship (fan of 2 teams), you know like dual-citizenship.
kakaman
Banned User
And1: 665

Post#377 » by kakaman » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:12 am

Lin has a pretty poor shooting night tonight, but instead of forcing it like Felton, he's being more of a distributor. 6 assists already in only 13 minutes.
Nono
Banned User
And1: 65

Post#378 » by Nono » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:19 am

He has one airball almost every game.
SonOfMars
RealGM
And1: 2,741

Post#379 » by SonOfMars » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:19 am

Granger back...
Props Turbo_Zone
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#380 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:34 am

How can you have the chance to revisit, have all the info in your face and still be wrong?
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten

Return to New York Knicks