ImageImageImageImageImage

Lowry to fans: Stop booing Bargnani

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,222

Re: Lowry to fans: Stop booing Bargnani 

Post#581 » by Raptorfan2012 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:41 pm

I appreciate Lowry sticking up for his teammate, but I also like our fans voicing their opinion that we don't want Bargnani on this team anymore. Hopefully Andre asks for a trade this off-season.
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,759

Post#582 » by Lord_Zedd » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:54 pm

I think for one, Colengelo should just stop talking to the press about Bargnani.

He went from preaching patience on Bargs, Bargnani being a potential star, selling Bargs as a 6th man, telling him to strap on his shoes and play basketball and to openly admitting shopping him around. All of this in a span of a year.

If anything, Bargnani has been a trooper throughout all this publicity mess.

Don't get me wrong, I still would like to trade him. Bargnani or any player doesn't deserve this roller coaster.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,313

Post#583 » by mtcan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:58 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:I appreciate Lowry sticking up for his teammate, but I also like our fans voicing their opinion that we don't want Bargnani on this team anymore. Hopefully Andre asks for a trade this off-season.

I think we're a bit beyond that. It's not for lack of wanting. Frankly I don't care if he wants a trade or not...he's got to go.
now and 4 life
Starter
And1: 11

Post#584 » by now and 4 life » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:05 pm

I don't really understand the point of booing him.
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#585 » by sca » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:12 pm

now and 4 life wrote:I don't really understand the point of booing him.

"We have a right to boo" has been their best argument so far.

You have a right to boo every single player. That doesn't make it logical, nor does it improve our chances to win basketball games.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#586 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:15 pm

KrazyP wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:
Torontos_raptor wrote:Last night I actually felt a little bad for Andrea. I'm all up on the get Andrea out of here bandwagon, prior to which I was on the front seat of the "Andrea has sooo much potential" bandwagon. However, for individuals looking at yesterday's box score in isolation you have to be quite the obtuse basketball fan to make the determination that he did absolutely nothing. Our backups need to understand that this man can still score in bunches, how does someone like Alan Anderson get 8 shot attempts, yet Andrea is battling in the post most of the second half trying to get position and the ball keeps swinging around the three point line. The ball movement for the second unit is absolutely terrible and that starts with the pg not andrea. Small minded individuals on this board think that the numbers mean everything, but watch a game every once in a while, it allows u to garner a bigger picture. There was one specific play where there was a switch and j. kidd was on bargs, instead of feeding it into him lucas swings it to anderson, who swings it back to lucas, who takes a contested three. Like I understand the guy has fallen out of favor, but give him some touches. I'd still much rather have him getting touches with the second unit than Anderson or Lucas. As for the booing I think it's quite immature. For old timers that have seen the team since its inception in 95 I really don't think it's much of our crowd that's doing it, it's mostly these kids that no very little about team sports. You don't boo a guy that reps your city, no matter what. You boo the team if they play bad, booing is not going to make him better. What do you hope to accomplish by booing? He's playing for our team, do you not want us to win? Then wouldn't booing be counterintuititve to that goal. Get your heads right people and stop complaining about every little thing, go out and play the sport every once in a while, maybe that'll give some of these armchair critics a little more perspective on what encourages a player and what sinks him deeper into a funk.

Cuz it's over. It's over for Barfs. The clock's run out...

So its better for the team to have inferior players to jack up wild, contested shots?? Anderson and Lucas are out of control most of the time and Casey really isnt doing anything about it.

I'm not sure there is a player you'd want on your roster less than Barfs. Sure you can debate it, but I'd rather not. AA, JLIII, Barfs. At least the former two play with some effort.
Canucklehead
Veteran
And1: 23

Post#587 » by Canucklehead » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Crap like this is the worst part of cheering for a Toronto sports team
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,425

Post#588 » by KrazyP » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Neutral 123 wrote:I'm not sure there is a player you'd want on your roster less than Barfs. Sure you can debate it, but I'd rather not. AA, JLIII, Barfs. At least the former two play with some effort.

Barfs...thats so clever, your posting it in every thread. I wish i could be cool like you.

When did this board get filled with dimwits?
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#589 » by sanity » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:27 pm

How about attacking the argument instead of the poster?

This is why Colangelo and Bargnani fans (not of the team, mind you) get shat on constantly.
DatHomieYouHaTe
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,909

Post#590 » by DatHomieYouHaTe » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:30 pm

KrazyP wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:I'm not sure there is a player you'd want on your roster less than Barfs. Sure you can debate it, but I'd rather not. AA, JLIII, Barfs. At least the former two play with some effort.

Barfs...thats so clever, your posting it in every thread. I wish i could be cool like you.

Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#591 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:31 pm

KrazyP wrote:

It started after Barfs was drafted and his groupies became Raptor fans.
wolfv
Analyst
And1: 2,631

Post#592 » by wolfv » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:36 pm

mtcan wrote:
wolfv wrote:So does anyone think Bargnani will play noticeably harder to quiet the fans? Can he do that?

He can either play harder/better to quiet the fans OR improve his market value so that he's tradeable if he can't stand the booing.

Otherwise, it's going to be a long last 2 years in Toronto.

It's like everyone knows Bargs wont play any harder and force the fans to cheer, so the fans just have to suck it up and play nice because Bargs isn't going to change. It's a mess. I think Lowry does have respect from the fans so the boos should quiet down a bit.
wfnshow316
Sixth Man
And1: 14

Post#593 » by wfnshow316 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:36 pm

I had a whole essay on how illogical it is to spend money to go a cheer against your team. And despite what some of you think that is what Lowry and others are basically saying. But suffice to say it's not worth it to try and teach anyone anything on this board. We have had one defender of the right to Boo saying this is good as it makes us more like a NY crowd. Is that what we collectively aspire to be - an NY knicks type fan. How bout being better than that - like a Oklahoma or Indiana type crowd or even a chicago or la type crowd - they don't boo their players, they support them - but I guess for some it's better to be like a Knicks or 76er's crowd where it's okay to eat your young
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,425

Post#594 » by KrazyP » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:41 pm

sanity wrote:How about attacking the argument instead of the poster?

This is why Colangelo and Bargnani fans (not of the team, mind you) get shat on constantly.

There have been plenty of great arguments and points in this thread by several posters but there are a lot of dimwitted responses.

I've been on this board for 11 years now. The quality and intelligence of posters has gone down hill.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#595 » by jman3134 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:41 pm

Jakay wrote:
Neutral 123 wrote:
Jakay wrote:
And this is clearly where you don't understand the limitations of some people.

Not the same person, turns out.

Oops, maybe that's why the guy is being defended so much? Cuz not everyone on that list is like the other.

Yeah, it's almost like that list is just a bunch of random players who don't even play like each other even, and don't add up to any sort of point whatsoever in the face of "Bargs doesn't have a good motor, obviously, OBVIOUSLY".

OBVIOUSLY

:clap: :clap: :clap: :D I can feel your frustration here- I felt the same way reading the responses.
team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Post#596 » by team edward » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Bargnani's performance is markedly better in away games. That tells you something.

Bargnani has to step up , for sure. But the fans shouldn't be mean - booing Vince is one thing, it's all in good fun, but booing Andrea is not only harmful to Andrea (who is going to play 20min / game whether anyone likes it or not), it's harmful to the rest of the team.

Casey isn't blameless here either. He needs to find some ways to use Bargnani better and to put him in a situatio nwhere he can succeed. Guys like Amir and Val don't need plays claled for them and that's great, but they also don't have the offensive skills Bargnani does. So Casey needs to step up as well.

FInally, Lowry and Rudy, being the primary ball handlers, need to work with Andrea to let him contribute.

Everyone needs to get it together, not just Bargnani. If it doesn't happen, hopes of making the playoffs on the backs of AA and JL3 never missing a 3-pointer for the rest of the season are fantasy.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#597 » by IMAN5 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:54 pm

It's really too much, he is a RAPTOR and he is going to be for the full season. We need to encourage him because booing him just hurts the team.

support ALL raptors, especially during a push.
instagram.com/510movement
Neutral 123
RealGM

Post#598 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:58 pm

KrazyP wrote:

There have been plenty of great arguments and points in this thread by several posters but there are a lot of dimwitted responses.

I've been on this board for 11 years now. The quality and intelligence of posters has gone down hill.

This has to be a tough process emotionally. A guy who for whatever reason some posters have grown to love. They believed. Now it's clear they were wrong, the writing is on the wall, and even his biggest defender has turned on him. So I expect the irrational responses from his fanbois begging fans to cheer for awful, awful performances, but it's time to let go. Barfs has given up, so should his fanbois.
hillbilly hare
Veteran
And1: 219

Post#599 » by hillbilly hare » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:58 pm

wfnshow316 wrote:I had a whole essay on how illogical it is to spend money to go a cheer against your team. And despite what some of you think that is what Lowry and others are basically saying. But suffice to say it's not worth it to try and teach anyone anything on this board. We have had one defender of the right to Boo saying this is good as it makes us more like a NY crowd. Is that what we collectively aspire to be - an NY knicks type fan. How bout being better than that - like a Oklahoma or Indiana type crowd or even a chicago or la type crowd - they don't boo their players, they support them - but I guess for some it's better to be like a Knicks or 76er's crowd where it's okay to eat your young

Dunno, really. NY and Philly fans in every sport are pretty demanding, which might stem from their teams having had so much success over the decades. Their standards are very high. Philly fans love that lunch bucket type of image and that might stem from the type of industry and jobs there: the simple, tough, hard-working man and woman in factories and heavy industry. NY fans in Manhattan might not be the lunch bucket type, but their success goes back decades. Then there's the legendary Brooklyn fans from baseball in the past, cheering for the little guy, the immigrants kid, the people with the bad accent, and so on. A lot of legend and lore.

So there's good and bad that goes with it. Fans of teams with great success over the decades have high standards for both winning records and the type or character of the players they want to idolize. As long as it's just big city chatter and trash talk, I have no problem with Philly or NY fans booing or heckling or mocking a player at times, also because they're probably cheering wildly for the rest of the team as a whole. I hope we might be able to do the same one day, without this navel-gazing pseudo-psychological angst and debate about it.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#600 » by jman3134 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:04 pm

Neutral 123 wrote:
KrazyP wrote:

This has to be a tough process emotionally. A guy who for whatever reason some posters have grown to love. They believed. Now it's clear they were wrong, the writing is on the wall, and even his biggest defender has turned on him. So I expect the irrational responses from his fanbois begging fans to cheer for awful, awful performances, but it's time to let go. Barfs has given up, so should his fanbois.

How do you know he is a fanboy? Seems like he is just addressing an obvious point. Who wants to constantly revel in negativity all the time?

Return to Toronto Raptors