ImageImageImage

We will never win until we get better defensively.

Moderator: ijspeelman

Kaner
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Re: We will never win until we get better defensively. 

Post#21 » by Kaner » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:03 pm

B Mac wrote:I wouldnt count on us signing Oden just yet.

Any particular reason why?
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#22 » by B Mac » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:32 pm

Kaner wrote:

Yes, but nothing I can say at this time. :wink:
Kaner
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#23 » by Kaner » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:45 pm

B Mac wrote:
Kaner wrote:

Yes, but nothing I can say at this time. :wink:

Boooo!!!!! HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :lol: The great part about us here at the Cavs board is... we're a tight knit group. I mean, we all do our best to defend fart when we can out on the GB, amongst others. What I'm saying is... you can trust us with a juicy secret and/or the latest gossip. That way, we're all up to par on the current happenings of our favorite team, and we won't look like fools in front of those harsh Cleveland Critics on the GB when it comes time to discuss this topic. Whatdya say, old sport?
The board if you tell us: :rockon: :party:

The board if you hoard secrets: :starwars :argue: :box:
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#24 » by BossHoggin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:16 am

Speaking of Cleveland critics, I like how mods are allowed to troll the Cavs on the GB.
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
wenzi
Senior
And1: 2

Post#25 » by wenzi » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:32 am

WHEN WILL OUR GRAUDS KNOW HOW TO PLAY DEFENCE AGAINST PICK & ROLL
Career Loser = LeBron James
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#26 » by Harper4Ferry? » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:34 pm

What about something like Luke Walton and Casspi for Shawn Marion, a filler and a #1 pick? Marion is a rather large expiring for next year, and it's not like we are going to sign anyone anyways. Doesn't effect 2014 space, but it gives up a proven perimeter defender who is still an above average player. Dallas wants to clear cap space in a bad way for the summer.
wenzi
Senior

Post#27 » by wenzi » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:14 pm

Harper4Ferry? wrote:What about something like Luke Walton and Casspi for Shawn Marion, a filler and a #1 pick? Marion is a rather large expiring for next year, and it's not like we are going to sign anyone anyways. Doesn't effect 2014 space, but it gives up a proven perimeter defender who is still an above average player. Dallas wants to clear cap space in a bad way for the summer.

Marion is too old :roll:
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,334

Post#28 » by JonFromVA » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:47 pm

ThirdEyeSharp wrote:And the only way that happens is if we add defensive minded players this offseason. Whether it be the draft or free agency, we can't go on with this roster.

We need to add a coach who knows how to teach a defensive system that works...
wenzi
Senior

Post#29 » by wenzi » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:11 am

with healhthy oden,cavs will be top 5 seeds no dobut
ThirdEyeSharp
Junior
And1: 36

Post#30 » by ThirdEyeSharp » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:32 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
ThirdEyeSharp wrote:And the only way that happens is if we add defensive minded players this offseason. Whether it be the draft or free agency, we can't go on with this roster.

Hey, I'm not the biggest fan of Scott's defense. Any defense built around help D doesn't work when you don't have good interior D and length on the perimeter. But I think if we add those two things we could see this team playing great defense. While it's a flawed system, it can work.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#31 » by gflem » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:02 pm

ThirdEyeSharp wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

Hey, I'm not the biggest fan of Scott's defense. Any defense built around help D doesn't work when you don't have good interior D and length on the perimeter. But I think if we add those two things we could see this team playing great defense. While it's a flawed system, it can work.

Which is why the 2nd team defense is so much better. Livingston and Ellington are longer on the perimeter and, frankly they are more committed to playing D as well. What we are really lacking is a big who can protect the rim, TT blocks a shot or two but isnt really a guy who protects the rim all that well. A healthy Oden wold be great, but even if we sign him I dont think he is going to hold up anyway.
I wonder if Bynum shows anything before the end of the season if the Cavs would use their capspace this year offseason on him. I personally am not a fan, but IF he is going to be healthy by the start of next season he certainly would fit the needs of this team.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers