ImageImage

Really OT: Help deciphering drug references for relative

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Really OT: Help deciphering drug references for relative 

Post#1 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:32 am

First, for anyone that interacts with me in person, please do not say anything to me around me about this, with the exception of asking if you can talk to me privately about that thread I posted on RealGM...

An older relative of mine has been really worried about my younger female relative's behavior lately, so the older relative went through her phone. The older relative sent me highlights of the text conversation that looked like drug references, hoping I'd know what they mean, but I'm afraid I'm just as un-hip to the drug references as they are.

Can you help me out? We're really worried about her. She's had major drug problems before, including with cocaine and primarily a serious heroin addiction. Please translate what exactly the drug or drug in question might be. Thanks in advance. Sorry for the bizarre topic. I just don't know what other resource I have to tap for info like this. I'm hoping some of you folks might have more experience in this world than I do when it comes to this stuff :)

I bolded the things that we're most trying to figure out

And I will be asking the mods to delete this entire thread once I get some feedback, so this won't be permanently on the forum. If you're too paranoid to post anything here, perhaps you could PM your answers to paulpressey25 and he could pass the info along to me anoymously, if that makes anyone more comfortable. We are just looking for answers, because we've confronted her & she won't tell us what these mean (or anything else, really)

John: U Think you'll wanna come hang out & watch a movie or something? I can go get a lil biscotti or we can just hang out and chit chat too.

John: I'll c u for lunch tomorrow & u should come to my crib this weekend & we'll eat a cookie

Kate: I wish I could but I'll b with my family all weekend :(

Kate: I won't have a free weekend for 3 weekends!

John: No big deal. I can find someone to eat a cookie with. Just thought u wanted to & I need to do something like that, might be a couple months before I'm down to do it again.

Kate: I do want to do it!

John: Well it might be quite a while for me after this weekend but you have plans that u can't break... I need a release this weekend. Maybe a ways down the road

Kate: U suck :) I need a release like a week ago!

Kate: If I just can't get it to work maybe u could help get me something else to calm my urges

Kate: Sorry to bug ya. I was wonderin if there's anything else u could get for me seein how I can't eat a cookie with u this weekend :(

John: Everyone always seems to have ulterior motives when it comes to being friend. What would u like? I have plenty of adder all but not gonna be around long.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
beyond_the_arc
Starter
And1: 46

Re: Really OT: Help deciphering drug references for relative 

Post#2 » by beyond_the_arc » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:46 am

That's really bad news...crack cocaine. Guy is buying a rock to melt in a spoon or pipe to smoke. They're cooking the crack cocaine, hence the cookie.
Postby SubyWill on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Magic fan checking in, holy **** Harris is legit. Your GM should be fired.

No ****.
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#3 » by Aaron It Out » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:51 am

Not trying to come across as a dick but a quick google search of "cookie drug reference' would have painted a pretty clear picture of whats going on. Also looks like shes looking for about anything she can get and he wants the sexy with her.
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
Dags
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Dags » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:14 pm

Also missed the mention of aderall in the last message, which is a drug containing amphetamine. Seems like that is his fallback drug to give her.
Das ist nümberwang!
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#5 » by emunney » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:49 pm

These guys already covered it. Really sorry to hear about this, GAD. Good luck and I hope it's not as dire as it seems.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
EzeDoesIt
Junior
And1: 10

Post#6 » by EzeDoesIt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:59 pm

Looks like you've been helped. Good luck, man. Imo, from these texts, it doesn't seem like she's a crackhead or anything, but it definitely could turn more serious without intervention. It's great that you guys are trying to help her- I hope it all works out!
jtrinaldi
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#7 » by jtrinaldi » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:09 pm

EzeDoesIt wrote:Looks like you've been helped. Good luck, man. Imo, from these texts, it doesn't seem like she's a crackhead or anything, but it definitely could turn more serious without intervention. It's great that you guys are trying to help her- I hope it all works out!

I know how you feel about family doing this kind of stuff. In July my cousin overdosed on a mix of Cocaine and Bath Salts and passed away.
Kate: If I just can't get it to work maybe u could help get me something else to calm my urges

This could mean that she may have been addicted to it at one point got off a little bit and all of a sudden has craving for it.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 416

Post#8 » by smauss » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:20 pm

beyond_the_arc wrote:That's really bad news...crack cocaine. Guy is buying a rock to melt in a spoon or pipe to smoke. They're cooking the crack cocaine, hence the cookie.

Agree
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
smauss
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by smauss » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:25 pm

Dags wrote:Also missed the mention of aderall in the last message, which is a drug containing amphetamine. Seems like that is his fallback drug to give her.

I noticed as well!

GAD, really sorry! I applaud you all for getting involved and demonstrating love for her regardless of her reaction to it. I've been down this dark road many years ago but there is hope. I will keep you all in my prayers
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
dinderdan
Junior
And1: 29

Post#10 » by dinderdan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:33 pm

Ughh.... good luck man...

The whole crack scene is full of shady peeps... hopefully she can get some help before she gets too involved
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#11 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:46 pm

I was going to suggest a Pot Cookie reference....guess I'm just as un-hip as you.

Sorry to hear....addiction is very difficult to deal with....my friends little sister buried two of her friends in a week because of heroin od's.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#12 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:41 pm

This thread is definitely a reality check on real life issues and not whether or not Hammond is an idiot. For me, reading those it seems like a girl who is having the urges to get back in and is battling the demons. And as said above, there are some shady characters in that scene that will lure the weaker people back in. Buried my 1st cousin about a year or so ago after years of off & on drug addictions, heroin OD finally got her. Heroin seems like a nasty beast, read Nikki Sixx's "Heroin Diaries" about 3-4 years ago and man the stories of the lengths to get it in their system, paranoia, etc. Not a place I'd ever want to go.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#13 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Thank you so much to everyone who has responded. This is all very helpful.

Aaron It Out wrote:Not trying to come across as a dick but a quick google search of "cookie drug reference' would have painted a pretty clear picture of whats going on.

No offense taken. It just wasn't clear to me at all. I did google "eat a cookie drug code" and "eat a cookie drug reference" and still was unclear.

Aaron It Out wrote: Also looks like shes looking for about anything she can get and he wants the sexy with her.

I got that impression as well, but I wasn't sure if I was just reading too much into it.
97-98

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,588

Post#14 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:52 pm

smauss wrote:
beyond_the_arc wrote:That's really bad news...crack cocaine. Guy is buying a rock to melt in a spoon or pipe to smoke. They're cooking the crack cocaine, hence the cookie.

Agree

Yep.

Sorry to hear about this, GAD. I have witnessed the thralls of addiction myself, so I wish you and your family the best in getting this resolved. Hopefully it's not as bad as it seems.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#15 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:58 pm

So we've confronted her about all of this, and she has insisted that it is most definitely not crack cocaine and that "eat a cookie" was a referencing doing shrooms.

It seems at least 4 of you, if not more, think it's a crack cocaine reference. I don't know too much about shrooms, but the whole "urges" thing does seem more fitting with crack than it does with shrooms.

To us, both are seriously problematic, considering her past problems, but we are definitely more concerned for her if smoking crack is what she is trying to do. (Does this make sense, or are we thinking about this wrong?)

So on top of all that, she has already lied multiple times about this, so we don't know what to believe. And I think my older relative is close to having a heart attack over all this too :( They're not doing so well. And neither am I.
97-98

smauss
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by smauss » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:00 pm

N8Frog wrote:This thread is definitely a reality check on real life issues and not whether or not Hammond is an idiot. For me, reading those it seems like a girl who is having the urges to get back in and is battling the demons. And as said above, there are some shady characters in that scene that will lure the weaker people back in. Buried my 1st cousin about a year or so ago after years of off & on drug addictions, heroin OD finally got her. Heroin seems like a nasty beast, read Nikki Sixx's "Heroin Diaries" about 3-4 years ago and man the stories of the lengths to get it in their system, paranoia, etc. Not a place I'd ever want to go.

You know Nate (assuming that is your name) I have wept for this young lady this morning and hundreds more over the years. By God's grace, I have been clean for 28 years now but the memories are all to vivid. It is indeed a dark path that takes everything you have away, then your soul, and eventually your life. The focus right now for this precious young women is to keep her alive. Like triage at a tragedy, she needs triage before the next step. I'm sorry - I've said to much, they need my prayers not my advice!

simul justus et peccator
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#17 » by humanrefutation » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:04 pm

Everyone's pretty much covered it, but I'm really sorry to hear about this, GAD. I've had too many friends who've suffered through the perils of drug abuse - heroin, crack, cocaine, molly, meth, and the like. They not only have a negative impact on their health, but on their whole outlook and disposition.

And her claim that it's about shrooms is extremely suspect, because from my understanding, shrooms are not something that people get urges for or need. Crack, on the other hand? Absolutely. Either way, anyone who's gone through drug addiction should know to stay away from any substance because it can re-open the gateway to a severe, life-threatening relapse.

Lastly, I leave you with this: she'll only get clean permanently if she wants to. If she's committed to doing so. Even then, it'll be hard and she'll face many obstacles - many forces that will try to drive her back towards abuse. But that commitment - physically, mentally, and spiritually, is necessary. Otherwise, it's just not going to happen. I hope, for her sake, that she wakes the **** up.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#18 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:07 pm

Nobody gets urges to do shrooms....not that style of drug at all.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,588

Post#19 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:10 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:So we've confronted her about all of this, and she has insisted that it is most definitely not crack cocaine and that "eat a cookie" was a referencing doing shrooms.

It seems at least 4 of you, if not more, think it's a crack cocaine reference. I don't know too much about shrooms, but the whole "urges" thing does seem more fitting with crack than it does with shrooms.

Personally, I don't buy it for a second. JMO.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#20 » by emunney » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:14 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Nobody gets urges to do shrooms....not that style of drug at all.

Also makes no sense for him to bring up adderall, which is not a shrooms substitute.

Adderall is a stimulant, crack is a stimulant, shrooms (psylocibin) are/is a hallucinogen. If he was like, sorry no cookies, have salvia though, that would make sense.

Who knows though. People who do drugs together make up their own codes.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks