ImageImage

New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Re: New Acquisition Rest of Season Prediction 

Post#41 » by mlloyd10 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:49 pm

PP...Lock this up, peolpe just to get it////// This is not a discussion thread...Just simply put record and seed. I dont see whats so hard
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Post#42 » by vegaspacker » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:50 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:PP...Lock this up, peolpe just to get it////// This is not a discussion thread...Just simply put record and seed. I dont see whats so hard

Beep... Beep, Beep... What's that? That's my Admiral Pike, early an Star Trek reference...

Sorry, I did not see the "State- Regular Season Record- and Playoff Season Seed Only" title to this thread, and respond to it as desired!!!

Some of us "poeple" "dont" recognize the cryptic method of communication, you 'believe' are employed here. I may have been verbose, in regards to what the off-season may lead too. Yet, I tried to rationalize what the acquisitions -vs- previous team components elements had to offer.

I feel that my post was well composed, maybe not collegial, but certainly informative of my opinion.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
bullox
Banned User
And1: 522

Post#43 » by bullox » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:08 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:PP...Lock this up, peolpe just to get it////// This is not a discussion thread...Just simply put record and seed. I dont see whats so hard

Sorry deputy, you don't run things here. People talk about what they want. Welcome to the internet.
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#44 » by Aaron It Out » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:21 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
Aaron It Out wrote: For the most part, I don't blame Hammond. He worked really hard on a deal that would have made is a very good team witha huge amount of flexibility this offseason. Unfortunately he got played and when his move backfired on him he panicked and pulled the trigger, knowing if he didnt make a move there would be bag night part 2, which I dont doubt for a second would have happened.

Ah yes, the awesome power of the grocery bag. I suppose some may cower at it. Some might even dread the "Paper or plastic?" question posed by the bored high school kid bagging groceries as though it were a Zen koan. But I doubt that an NBA GM, even one for our favorite have-not team, fears a repeat of the Wrath of Kohl to the extent that he panics and makes unpremeditated moves.

I smile whenever I read the things imputed to Herb Kohl here — puppet-master of mediocrity, meddlesome old man, longer for the eighth seed, center point in a misguided circle of friends. Every bad move bears the mark of Kohl, and every good move gets past him when he isn't looking. And the opinions are expressed with the certainty of the characters in 1984 describing the attributes of Big Brother.

I agree with you that Hammond is doing what Damon Runyon said we all do, which is the best we can. I disagree that he is a neurotic wreck pinballing from panic move to panic move because of ownership pressure.

Picking up Redick was a relatively inconsequential but logical move given the likelihood of an impending vacancy at the two. It will be nice to be able to kick the tires for the rest of the season and see what he is playing next to Jennings. But in the grand scheme of things, this was what most NBA trades are: garbage for garbage. Hardly a blip on the radar, even for a couple of have-not teams.

As Bucks fans, of course we'd like to see a championship team here. Nobody, probably not even our reviled little senator, wants repeated failure. But as long as the Association is three or four good teams and a couple of dozen Washington Generals, that's our fate. I'm glad I saw us win a coin flip four decades ago, and I hope we get lucky again someday, but in the meantime I'm not venting by spinning wacky theories.

Ok. You sound like Dennis Krause. Nothing is stopping any team from becoming a contendor other than bad management. But if you rather look at the Heat and Thunder as these big bad invincible teams that will never lose, so we might as well shoot for....whatever it is we're shooting for year in and year out.

I didnt just spin some wacky theory as you state. Hammond was played by Atlanta the whole time. They were the ones leaking the rumors the entire time. They wanted Sanders since the minute conversations started. They were playing along with anything Hammond offered, letting him think it was a done deal.

This all became very apparent the morning of the trade deadline, when Broussard was on ESPN saying "Certain teams are holding out until the last possible second, because in those last 15 minutes you see just how far a team is willing to go to get their guy."

But if you don't think Hammond panicked when the deal he thought was going through canceled with 60 seconds left to make a decision, then I'm not sure how human you think these people are.
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#45 » by LUKE23 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:24 pm

Sidney has been playing the "woe is us, we can't compete with these giants in our market" card for a while. He's a massive Kohl apologist.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#46 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:46 pm

In mid December I predicted the rest of the season out and without looking had them at 43-39 I believe. Right now I'm 2 games off. I had them at 28-25 at this point. Those Washington/Detroit home games were pretty much the difference, had them as wins.

I'll stick with 43-39 but my gut feeling says we're going to continue to slide. I don't see Monta conceding shots or playing to Redick. Jennings is already saying he has no problem playing 40 minutes and the quotes seemed kinda defensive. Boylan is going to have a hard time getting these guys their minutes and with being an interm I don't think he'll have the back-up to keep this team from a falling apart, mutiny, etc. I think this could turn ugly actually.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#47 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:48 pm

Boylan needs to take away about 10 minutes from Monta.

We'll see how he handles this, but it doesn't sound like the Swag Twins are all that excited about Redicks arrival.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#48 » by Wilford Brimley » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Sidney, please answer me this question. Did MKE being in a small market cause these things?

2002:
Bucks - 13: Marcus Haislip
Pistons - 23: Tayshawn Prince

2004:
Bucks - 17: Josh Smith - traded

2005:
Bucks - 1: Andrew Bogut
Hornets - 4: Chris Paul

2006:
Bucks - 15: Traded
Suns - 21: Rajon Rondo

2007:
Bucks - 6: Yi
Bulls: - 9: Noah

2008:
Bucks - 8: Alexander
Nets - 10: Lopez
Raptors - 17: Hibbert

2011:
Bucks - 10: Traded
Warriors - 11: Clay Thompson
Pacers - 15: Kawhai Leonard
Knicks - 17: Shumpert

So, is this because we are a small market, or poor management? Please respond.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,972

Post#49 » by Badgerlander » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:58 pm

I predict that there won't be any more new acquisitions the rest of the season
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#50 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:59 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Boylan needs to take away about 10 minutes from Monta.

We'll see how he handles this, but it doesn't sound like the Swag Twins are all that excited about Redicks arrival.

I got that same impression. I mean both Jennings and Ellis are playing for a contract, have never seen a shot they don't like, and both are head strong. We'll see how it goes. If they are committed to winning, I could see it as a nice 3 man rotation of guards. If the Swag Brothers are not and play selfishly, then it may get ugly which in turn probably means Redick bolts for sure at the end of the year.

Realistically I would go...

Jennings (36)/Ellis (12)
Ellis (20) / Redick (28)
Moute (20-24) / Dunleavy (24) / Redick (0-4)
Ersan (28) / Henson (12) / Moute-Ayon (8)
Sanders (30) / Udoh-Henson (18)
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#51 » by Max Green » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:04 pm

Sticking with the prediction I made before the season, 45 wins.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#52 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:14 pm

N8Frog wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:Boylan needs to take away about 10 minutes from Monta.

I got that same impression. I mean both Jennings and Ellis are playing for a contract, have never seen a shot they don't like, and both are head strong. We'll see how it goes. If they are committed to winning, I could see it as a nice 3 man rotation of guards. If the Swag Brothers are not and play selfishly, then it may get ugly which in turn probably means Redick bolts for sure at the end of the year.

Realistically I would go...

Jennings (36)/Ellis (12)
Ellis (20) / Redick (28)

Moute (20-24) / Dunleavy (24) / Redick (0-4)
Ersan (28) / Henson (12) / Moute-Ayon (8)
Sanders (30) / Udoh-Henson (18)

That's exactly the breakdown I'm hoping to see, but I'm sure we'll see some 3 guard sets run as well with BJ/Monta/JJ on the floor at the same time.

I was watching the TWolves last night run Rubio/Luke/JJ Barea out there at times. ...it will be interesting.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,910

Post#53 » by sidney lanier » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:44 pm

Wilford Brimley wrote:Sidney, please answer me this question. Did MKE being in a small market cause these things?

2002:
Bucks - 13: Marcus Haislip
Pistons - 23: Tayshawn Prince

2004:
Bucks - 17: Josh Smith - traded

2005:
Bucks - 1: Andrew Bogut
Hornets - 4: Chris Paul

2006:
Bucks - 15: Traded
Suns - 21: Rajon Rondo

2007:
Bucks - 6: Yi
Bulls: - 9: Noah

2008:
Bucks - 8: Alexander
Nets - 10: Lopez
Raptors - 17: Hibbert

2011:
Bucks - 10: Traded
Warriors - 11: Clay Thompson
Pacers - 15: Kawhai Leonard
Knicks - 17: Shumpert

So, is this because we are a small market, or poor management? Please respond.

Neither. It's because lottery picks are, well, a lottery, and later first-round picks are even less reliable. Yes, there is a pretty strong statistical correlation between draft order and league success, but that success refers to a player sticking around, contributing, and making a nice living on NBA money, not on him transforming a have-not team into a championship contender.

Every team has a rogue's gallery of Marcus Haislips and Joe Alexanders (miserably disappointing draft picks). It's the nature of the game. I've wasted more of my life than I care to admit discussing with MBBOWT/MBBOT/Atlanta Hawks in Full Flight why Marvin Williams could/should not have been picked #1 in 2005. If you're a fan of Daniel Kahneman, as I am, you know that bringing Chris Paul into the discussion now is a good example of what he calls hindsight bias or creeping determinism. Some may say they knew it all along, but they weren't saying it in 2005.

Speaking of determinism, I don't think it's fair to characterize me as a "massive" Kohl supporter, as Luke23 did. True, I could lose a few pounds, but who couldn't? Seriously, I think Kohl has done what he could over the past 28 years. The results have been bad but well within normal limits for NBA teams missing the one essential ingredient for success in the David Stern Star-League Era: a transformative player.

Success in the NBA is not evenly distributed. That's also true in sports that field 9 or 11 players at a time, but the effect is concentrated when there are only five. There are exceptions, but mostly during the time Herb has owned this team you needed Michael, Hakeem, Timmy, Shaq, Kobe or LeBron to get a ring. We didn't have any of those. We may have paid a Michael as though he was THE Michael, but that kind of mistake seems like it would be approved of here. Surfeit of eagerness for a championship is just as much a sin as settling for mediocrity, and I think I could lay out a pretty strong case that it's sin #1 that Kohl has been more guilty of. But neither sin makes much difference given the nature of the game.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Post#54 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:55 pm

10-18 the rest of the way.

36-46 record.

9th seed.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,910

Post#55 » by sidney lanier » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:54 pm

14-14 for the balance of the season with 15 road games.

40-42 record. 8th seed. Take Heat to 6.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings

Return to Milwaukee Bucks