ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks @ Raptors PG Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Striders
Lead Assistant
And1: 252

Re: Knicks @ Raptors PG Thread 

Post#321 » by Striders » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:31 pm

KnicksGod wrote:If we were to watch film of this game, I think we'd see that Felton has almost no lateral movement or ability to get out to a shooter. He's like a complete zero on D. I'm honestly asking, how we can defend well as a team if Ray can't stay in front of his man like even a little?

I don't remember him ever being even an average defender, pre-Melo trade.
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom. ~George Smith Patton
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Post#322 » by CrazyKnicks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Striders wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:If we were to watch film of this game, I think we'd see that Felton has almost no lateral movement or ability to get out to a shooter. He's like a complete zero on D. I'm honestly asking, how we can defend well as a team if Ray can't stay in front of his man like even a little?

He was when he tried, he fought over screens and stayed in front of his guy. Now between him and Kidd, opposing back-courts due whatever they want.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,177

Post#323 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:48 pm

Crazyknicks wrote:
Striders wrote:

He was when he tried, he fought over screens and stayed in front of his guy. Now between him and Kidd, opposing back-courts due whatever they want.

This is why I don't fully blame Tyson for the drop-off in his performance this year. He is getting no help from the guards so basically it is a deluge coming in on him and his game is not to be a human eraser. He's a superb anchor on defense who is one of the best help defense big men in the league with great defensive range, but he is not capable of defending by himself which is sometimes the case now.

He looks emotionally burnt out from the lack of support from his teammates and I've seen him let guys make uncontested layups. That was not as likely in the past, but he looks fed up with the lack of support from the team and I think it has gotten to him.

And, yes, Felton now officially sucks on defense. Occasionally he works through screens, but often he does not. I said it when I first posted again that he gasses out by the middle of the season and if his first season here is a reliable indicator, his performance the rest of the year will be inferior to his production to start the season. At this point, I'd even prefer Lin on defense, because at least he plays the passing lanes well and is very good at turning turnovers into outlet passes.
ImageImageImage
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,451

Post#324 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:04 pm

Yeah, Tyson really does have no help. The perimeter D has been bad, and Amare is the only other big man in the rotation. And we all know he is poor rebounder and defender and is limited to 25min.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Retired_Doc
Analyst
And1: 367

Post#325 » by Retired_Doc » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:53 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Yeah, Tyson really does have no help. The perimeter D has been bad, and Amare is the only other big man in the rotation. And we all know he is poor rebounder and defender and is limited to 25min.

How right you are! Amare is a disgusting defender. Even Earl the Pearl called him out last night. Amare is a complete joke on defense.

You folks calling for Amare to start are fooling yourselves. There's a very good reason why Woody won't start Amare!

What is the future of the Knicks? Simple: Start KMart and/or pray that Sheed/Camby become healthy. KMart/Sheed/Camby, regardless of their respective ages, are all waaaay superior on D than that joke of a $100M man Amare!

You folks really need to re-watch the Knicks/Raptors game to see how disgusting Amare is! The guy is a mental midget. He is completely clueless on D!

Truthfully, Amare should have spent $50k with Bill Russell, not the Dream! Amare should have spent big money asking Rodman how to rebound. STAT is the BIGGEST waste of $100M that the Knicks have ever invested!

I readily admit that Amare's signing led to us signing Melo/Tyson. For that I am thankful. But the bottom line remains the same: Amare is a very STUPID person. He is uneducated and unintelligent. NO ONE seems to be able to ever teach him defense!
Tanking again, I suppose. Is there any other way?

Return to New York Knicks