Poll: Is it acceptable to boo your own team?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Is it acceptable to boo your own team?

Yes, whenever I want, as loud as I want.
38%
Yes, but only on rare occasions.
50%
No, it's never acceptable.
12%

Total votes: 143

Zubby
General Manager
And1: 835

Re: Poll: Is it acceptable to boo your own team? 

Post#61 » by Zubby » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:19 pm

Reminds me of when Justin Zwick, #1 QB prospect out of HS but failed... Troy Smith took over won a Heisman and took team to National Championship...

Anyway the last game of the season game think it was senior day too, game was won they put Zwick in for the final minutes of his career and he gets booed...

smh

stupid ass fans lol
r3demption
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#62 » by r3demption » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:24 pm

I would boo bargs if he was on my team for that much lol
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,838

Post#63 » by JasonStern » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:21 pm

on rare occasions, yes. I boo'd portland last year when felton/matthews/wallace/aldridge/camby got blown out by over forty points to the d'antoni-lead knicks. I get that the team was trying to get nate mcmillan fired, but fans shouldn't have to watch that.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups
Bodhi
Bench Warmer
And1: 81

Post#64 » by Bodhi » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:28 pm

There are times when it's okay to boo a player or the team. Here's on example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxCcC8oHjWc
Jeanie Buss
RunSunRun
Veteran
And1: 722

Post#65 » by RunSunRun » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:34 pm

Cleveland Cavs wrote:Alot of American fake fans proving once again that European support is the best in the world, you stand behind your team at all costs, down 40 at half? you still support them and cheer for them regardless of what happens

Yes, because its not like European fans use racist taunts against non-white players or anything...oh wait.

Get out of here with that nonsense.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,401

Post#66 » by KL78192020 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:51 pm

The boo's are great. Sooner or later he won't get minutes, and the team will be forced to part with him.
roldy
Pro Prospect
And1: 439

Post#67 » by roldy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:54 pm

Bodhi wrote:There are times when it's okay to boo a player or the team. Here's on example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxCcC8oHjWc

I remember watching this game live. Kobe and Odom just kept giving Kwame the ball mistake after mistake; it was terrible. Does anyone remember the clip where a play goes terribly wrong and the commentator (I think Mark Jackson) says, "It hit Kwame in the wrong place.... the hands."
Get RICH quick by visiting my website!

harrytran.com - your source for awesome articles related to life, sports and everything else

And by rich, I mean rich in useless knowledge.
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man
And1: 160

Post#68 » by DatBoiCapspace » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:55 pm

ozzykhan16 wrote:The boo's are great. Sooner or later he won't get minutes, and the team will be forced to part with him.

Literally the exact opposite. When he was getting minutes nobody boo'd. Now he hardly plays off the bench and people boo when they know BC has been shopping him for the whole season now. All they are doing now is affecting his play and hurting his trade value.

The Raptor "fans" that boo him are just sheep. They are mad at BC for the euro years so they want to take it out on Bargs because the rest of the team has been playing awesome and instead of being happy about the present they just want to bitch about the past. Its pathetic.
"I've never seen a sports market appreciate cap space more than Toronto. Cap space is like a human being to us" - Sid Seixeiro

"Cap space can't rebound, it can't make shots"- Paul Jones

Preach.
Sabzi
Sixth Man
And1: 32

Post#69 » by Sabzi » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:13 pm

Of course you are free to boo/berate/criticize as you please in regards to your team.
Portland Trail Blazers
Prop
Veteran
And1: 34

Post#70 » by Prop » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:22 pm

no, it's completely unacceptable to express negative feelings about your team/players at any time. UNACCEPTABLE! well, except on message boards, of course. you can bitch all you want on those.

but in person, it's cheers only. that's the rule.

in fact, booing bargnani is unpatriotic at best...and at worst, tantamount to treason.
Game Show
Pro Prospect
And1: 24

Post#71 » by Game Show » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Yes, you paid for your ticket, you can boo. Organizations can discourage fans from buying tickets if they don't want the criticism, though
steamed hams
General Manager
And1: 19,431

Post#72 » by steamed hams » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Quick and Nutritious, Simply Delicious, everyone knows it's primo! Grainwise!
Sunsaholic
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#73 » by Sunsaholic » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:28 pm

If players making big money, who your team depends on to perform at a simple level, don't show any effort and act like they don't care then if fans can let them know they can't get away with it that easily then it is acceptable.

If a player is in a slump, and not performing well at all like they should but they are truly upset about it and want to get better and work hard then booing is absolutely unacceptable. This doesn't really happen though.
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,590

Post#74 » by Nate505 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:36 pm

spearsy23 wrote:You know there has to be a team willing to take him on, right?

I hope it's not the Jazz. I wonder if that's even true at all to be honest.
Scraptor
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,884

Post#75 » by Scraptor » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:18 pm

I set up the poll to be as neutral as I could, because I was genuinely curious what people think, but I personally feel booing is justified only on rare occasions, like when the team doesn't play with effort or if a player has acted like Dwight Howard in Orlando.

I hate Bargnani, and when I argued last year that we should trade him while he was hot, the majority of posters didn't want to. IIRC 65% polled felt he was a cornerstone of our franchise. To boo him now after injury and having his role reduced is like booing your ex for being ugly. She was ugly when you dated her, but now that you've got something better, you suddenly have the balls to boo her?

The timing is just terrible. But I'm just as embarrassed by the idiots who boo when we don't get pizza for not scoring 100.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,490

Post#76 » by JayMKE » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

If they deserve it, then by all means. Big difference between booing because your playoff team isn't winning and booing an embarrassment like Bargnani.
FREE GIANNIS
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#77 » by RutgersBJJ » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:37 pm

If you pay for a ticket you can do whatever you want as long as you're not throwing crap on the court. If this was inspired by Bargs I would say Toronto was about 3 years late in giving him the Business. He doesn't even like basketball. It's very obvious.

If the peoduct on the court doesn't correspond to the price you paid you should boo. I hope everyone but Tyson gets boo'd out of the building st the next Knick home game.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#78 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:40 pm

I've booed the team in individual game performances. Booing individual players on your team everytime they touch the ball? That's delinquent fanaticism. Toronto's part of the eastern seaboard. A lot of depressives. We need more vitamin D.

Return to The General Board