ImageImageImageImageImage

Jordan "Big Balls" Crawford Appreciation Thread

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Jordan "Big Balls" Crawford Appreciation Thread 

Post#1 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:21 am

Thanks for what you gave the Wizards, Jordan Crawford.

I can't speak for everyone but I wish Jordan Crawford much success with the Celtics!

Crawford's very good first game is not a surprise to me!

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278540

Just like the another guy the Wizards called a knucklehead, Javale McGee, Jordan got to his new team and played the very first opportunity.

In this case Jordan Crawford was barely 24 hours traded before scoring in double figures.

10 points, (4-9 FG, 2-5 3PT), 2 assists, 3 rebounds in 15 minutes. (+13)

:clap:
Bye bye Beal.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Re: Big Balls Appreciation Thread 

Post#2 » by TGW » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:23 am

What exactly did he give the Wizards other than a headache?

BTW CCJ—McGee is a knucklehead. It wasn't just the Wizards that came to this conclusion.

"He's got to understand that lazy and crazy isn't going to make it work," Karl said. "We want solid and we want fundamental, and we want spectacular but only when it happens, not forcing the action where sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't."
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#3 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:26 am

IBTL

Already have a Crawford thread and its even on this page so it wouldnt be hard to find.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#4 » by 80sballboy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:27 am

TGW wrote:What exactly did he give the Wizards other than a headache?

BTW CCJ—McGee is a knucklehead. It wasn't just the Wizards that came to this conclusion.

"He's got to understand that lazy and crazy isn't going to make it work," Karl said. "We want solid and we want fundamental, and we want spectacular but only when it happens, not forcing the action where sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't."

Good riddance. The guy never met a shot he didn't like. He'll be ok with the Celtics as long he plays within the team or DOc will bench his ass.
TGW
RealGM

Post#5 » by TGW » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:31 am

If we're going to reminisce about the knuckleheads:

Andray Blatche, despite playing well, was on the open market. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the sexual assault he was involved in, but the Nets were trying to move him, despite lacking quality big man depth.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/20 ... raft-pick/
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
RealGM

Post#6 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:32 am

TGW wrote:What exactly did he give the Wizards other than a headache?

TGW, I respect you as a great poster. I like your posts. I totally disagree with you this time.

Last year I wanted Crawford traded for a ham sandwich. This season what Crawford gave was his best. He played PG when Wall was out and Jordan improved his assists while his turnovers remained the same. Crawford shot the three better, to where he was approaching league average. Crawford rebounded better than his previous season. Crawford actually shot less. (17.9 FGA vs 16.2 FGA per 36 minutes.)

In short, Crawford improved a lot this season.

He gave the Wizards a player not afraid to take and hit a game winning shot. He was willing to take on new responsibility and play PG. He did anything to help the team.

The headache is the spin being placed on Crawford's demise, which started when both Wall and Price returned at the same time, along with Ariza. Once Crawford didn't play any more the headache was he probably popped off about minutes. Steez gave them headaches when he was no longer needed.

I started this appreciation thread because I think the classy thing to always do is wish people the best. Crawford, just like Javale McGee, is a young player who gave his best effort. Dude hustled. When he wasn't making me mad, he impressed the heck out of me because he does indeed play BIG BALLS.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#7 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:33 am

TGW wrote:If we're going to reminisce about the knuckleheads:

Andray Blatche, despite playing well, was on the open market. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the sexual assault he was involved in, but the Nets were trying to move him, despite lacking quality big man depth.

From that article they want something in return for a player Washington amnestied.

Brooklyn has placed forward Andray Blatche on the market, according to multiple sources. The Nets are looking for a draft pick in return.

I wish Andray the best, too.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#8 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:34 am

Crawford gave two years of his basketball life to the Wizards. I appreciate the guy a lot.

He won't be missed as the team is configured but that doesn't mean he won't figure prominently in another team's plans.
Bye bye Beal.
TGW
RealGM

Post#9 » by TGW » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:37 am

CCJ, he didn't do anything to help the team IMO. He was a -6.4 when he was on the floor....for someone who puts so much weight on that stat, you seem to be ignoring it this time. The team was simply bad when he played, period.

The fact that he tried to undermine Beal was pretty much the last straw for me. Dude had to go...just like the other knuckleheads.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#10 » by nate33 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:39 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ3tqIukBKg[/youtube]
TGW
RealGM

Post#11 » by TGW » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:39 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
TGW wrote:If we're going to reminisce about the knuckleheads:

From that article they want something in return for a player Washington amnestied.

Brooklyn has placed forward Andray Blatche on the market, according to multiple sources. The Nets are looking for a draft pick in return.

I wish Andray the best, too.

It's alot easier to move a player on a 1 year/800K contract.
RealGM

Post#12 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:48 am

TGW wrote:CCJ, he didn't do anything to help the team IMO. He was a -6.4 when he was on the floor....for someone who puts so much weight on that stat, you seem to be ignoring it this time. The team was simply bad when he played, period.

The fact that he tried to undermine Beal was pretty much the last straw for me. Dude had to go...just like the other knuckleheads.

Blatche or Crawford? You introduced Blatche to a thread that was dedicated to showing appreciation for Crawford. TODAY, Jordan Crawford was +13 in 15 minutes of a blowout. Might be a meaningless stat. Blatche played well while a $68M Brook Lopez was injured. I don't want to discuss that here. If you want to discuss that in a Blatche thread, fine.

The point of an Appreciation Thread is for the haters to observe protocol and if they don't have anything good to say, say nothing. I HATED Wall's game but stayed away from the John Wall Appreciation Thread with my criticism.

If a guy dies, TGW, do you go to his funeral and remind folks he was a deadbeat dad, a wife beater, he was a drunk, his breath used to stink, and you''re not going to miss him? To me, that's what your "Good riddance" comment is doing.

You might be upset with me or think I went on way too much about Crawford being traded, but the bottom line is I think a whole lot you are quick to call somebody like Blatche a knucklehead and lump Jordan Crawford into the very same discussion.

Worse, you won't let anybody put things in perspective. NOTHING is in black and white.

I can't stand Ernie Grunfeld's work, but I will say that the Okafor trade is going to be okay in the long run IF they get the value they should. (Don't count on it if EG is still here next season). The team IS AN EXCELLENT DEFENSIVE TEAM now. They've got good guys. The culture change has been profoundly positive.

THAT is objectivity. Not everything sucks about EG/Ted.

Please, stop throwing stones on the corpse of Wizards Jordan Crawford. I appreciate Big Balls and truly wish the guy the best. EG gives me a headache. (However, I would be the first to be happy for him if he's next season's NBA Executive of the Year. He will have adapted if that happens.) I don't get headaches from Jordan Crawford. I did in the past, but I wish him SUCCESS now.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#13 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:49 am

nate33 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ3tqIukBKg[/youtube]

hands, on the Celtics board they've already picked up on the Big Balls moniker for Jordan Crawford.

This should be his theme song. :lol:
Bye bye Beal.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#14 » by montestewart » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:14 am

hands11 wrote:IBTL

Already have a Crawford thread and its even on this page so it wouldnt be hard to find.

Wait, this thread isn't about big balls?
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,152

Post#15 » by Zonkerbl » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:24 am

hands, on the Celtics board they've already picked up on the Big Balls moniker for Jordan Crawford.

I think the PA at celts games should play this song every time he gets up off the bench, like they do in baseball.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
RealGM

Post#16 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:46 am

montestewart wrote:
hands11 wrote:IBTL

Wait, this thread isn't about big balls?

Okay, I will edit the name of the thread, monte. :)
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Re: Jordan "Big Balls" Crawford Appreciation Thread 

Post#17 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Boston's BB Crawford highlights:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajrBoglBDa0[/youtube]
Bye bye Beal.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,301

Post#18 » by dobrojim » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:46 pm

we've known since he arrived he's capable of occasional stretches
of good play. No real surprise here. He may torch us in April too.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#19 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Did they. I gave them a little help :D
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#20 » by Knighthonor » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 pm

Why do people keep bringing up this knucklehead Mumbo crap up. Most of us don't know the Wizard's players behind the scenes to know anything.

All that matters is how they play. And JC played well, and better than most other players on the team. That's all that matters.

Return to Washington Wizards