ImageImage

Redick, Ayon & Smith to the Bucks for Harris, Lamb and Udrih

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,490

Re: Redick, Ayon & Smith to the Bucks for Harris, Lamb and U 

Post#841 » by JayMKE » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Gustavo Ayon and Ish Smith are not assets. Filler is more like it.
FREE GIANNIS
ttime1
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#842 » by ttime1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:09 pm

step3profit wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:Look, the Bucks are going for the Playoffs.. might as well sit back and support it since ain't nothing changing until the summer. Here's hoping they get the 7 or better and steal a first round series. I definitely think Redick helps them pull that off.

Hate giving up Harris, but let's roll.

This response could have literally been copied and pasted from last year's Monta trade thread. People complained about that trade, others said "Hey well at least we're going to the playoffs, we may as well support the team." A year later we're in the same situation and we're supposed to suck it up and cheer for carbon copy of last year? I admire your optimism Nebs, but I just can't get with that line of thinking.

Let's take a moment to appreciate that there is a difference between getting Monta vs. getting Redick, and there is a difference between giving Tobias and giving Bogut. To say these trades are anything close to a carbon copy is doing a disservice to both Redick and Bogut.

Tobias might become a very good player, and I hope he does, and I'm sad it won't be here. But let's not lump in Monta for Bogut with Redick for Harris. Jesus.

There is some truth here; but maybe not in what seems to be insinuated. A summer league 20 year old All-star may or may not turn out to be better than a solid shooting 28 year old career back-up. We shall see. However, anyone in their right mind has to conclude that Monta has had a more successful career than Bogut and it is not even debatable. Moreover, as a late second round draft choice Ellis has exceeded expectations while Bogut who was selected #1 during the same draft has not met the expectations of a #1 draft choice. To ranks an underachiever over an over achiever who has out performed him is a twisted condemnation. Now some may like Bogut's game better which is a fair proclamation. But to suggest that he is better is not supported by fact, no matter how you slice it. This is the sort of attitude that leads to worst possible scenarios which includes NOT making the play-offs and loosing Ellis, Jennings and Redick after this year.

Why would anyone of them want to stay when they can be handsomely paid on more competitive teams with more appreciative and supportive fans. Then, what does this team have? Hmmmmmm...Looks like a team whose strongest commitments are for players who play the same position; Esran, Sanders(who is actually a PF) and Henson; All have their strengths none are very special. This does not seem like a winning equation.
BigDoggyStyle
Senior
And1: 49

Post#843 » by BigDoggyStyle » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:20 am

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
New Magic guard Beno Udrih is thrilled to be out of Milwaukee... really looking forward to the chance to play in Orlando...

No surprise here. Lol.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#844 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:25 am

BigDoggyStyle wrote:Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
New Magic guard Beno Udrih is thrilled to be out of Milwaukee... really looking forward to the chance to play in Orlando...

No surprise here. Lol.

I think a lot of guys who leave Milwaukee will be thrilled after playing with Jennings so long, and now with Monta too.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#845 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:27 am

No surprise here. Lol.

This cuts both ways. For Beno's entire career he's been the leagues best garbage team PG. That guy simply wants to play 35 mpg, take 17 shots and doesn't seem to really care about wins and losses.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#846 » by emunney » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:33 am

Did Udrih ever get criticized here for shooting 2% better than Monta from deep (that number might not be exact) but continuing to shoot that shot? I get that with Monta it's more about the situations he takes the shots in, but that also means Beno was shooting 26% on good shots.

I still think Beno is an alright player, but I think him being thrilled is more about thinking he'll get minutes and less about the particulars of the guys who'd been playing instead of him.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,969

Post#847 » by drew881 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:37 am

paulpressey25 wrote:

No surprise here. Lol.

This cuts both ways. For Beno's entire career he's been the leagues best garbage team PG. That guy simply wants to play 35 mpg, take 17 shots and doesn't seem to really care about wins and losses.

Agreed. He gets a couple months to try to boost his value for his next contract. No way he is getting 7 mil again, but maybe he can eek out 4.5 if he puts up some good numbers.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#848 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:40 am

Beno's next contact will be two years for $4 million total with a player opt out.

He got that big deal when he put up garbage team stats and Mike Dunleavy senior with the Clippers just had to have him and signed him to that full MLE offer sheet.

Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#849 » by Badgerlander » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:00 am

JayMKE wrote:Gustavo Ayon and Ish Smith are not assets. Filler is more like it.

Well at least with Gus and Udoh Hammond shouldn't have to trade down in the draft to get a backup Center this summer. It would've been nice to pry O'Quinn from the Magic instead, but oh well.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#850 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:55 am

If I'm understanding this correctly it sounds like FC Barcelona is trying to negotiate a buyout with the Bucks for Ayon.

http://elcontraataque.es/2013/02/22/gus ... s-sanchez/
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#851 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:00 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:If I'm understanding this correctly it sounds like FC Barcelona is trying to negotiate a buyout with the Bucks for Ayon.

Good find.

He knows he's not getting any playing time here with all the bigs we have under contract.

paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#852 » by paul » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:19 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:If I'm understanding this correctly it sounds like FC Barcelona is trying to negotiate a buyout with the Bucks for Ayon.

Uh oh, he was the hidden gem of the deal. I was really looking forward to making my sig 'And Ayon'.

:(
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Post#853 » by worthlessBucks » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:59 am

Listened to Hennigan's press conference, he talked about stupid things like sustainability, acquiring first round caliber talent, utilizing the right methodology to build a robust program, really believing in the process, and acquiring guys who will be ready when Orlando reaches their competitive window. I have my doubts that competitive window means perpetual 8th/9th seed.
Go Bucks!
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#854 » by paul » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:30 am

worthlessBucks wrote:Listened to Hennigan's press conference, he talked about stupid things like sustainability, acquiring first round caliber talent, utilizing the right methodology to build a robust program, really believing in the process, and acquiring guys who will be ready when Orlando reaches their competitive window. I have my doubts that competitive window means perpetual 8th/9th seed.

They should really have demanded Marquis Daniels instead imo.
tranjSAIC
Banned User
And1: 527

Post#855 » by tranjSAIC » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:29 pm

smauss wrote:I look at it as two separate issues. I look at not trading Ellis as insane.

Magic fan here, I agree not trading Ellis is insane. Looks like he is going to be walking for nothing this summer.

I think Redick should do well on your team though, esp if Ellis does leave so he can become the starting 2 guard. Once you see Redick more you guys will be surprised at how well he makes the offense flow unlike a chucker like Ellis. Redick makes quick decisions with the ball, and generally he will get a good look for someone.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,159

Post#856 » by raysbookclub » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:02 pm

No surprise here. Lol.

Seems like he's been wanting out of Milwaukee since last year when he wasn't getting 30 min a game.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#857 » by HurricaneKid » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:04 pm

If giving Monta would have given us ANYTHING AT ALL I think we screwed up. But I don't know that it did. It sounds like other teams were concerned he would opt in which means at best he was an expiring contract and not worth anything of any value.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,278

Post#858 » by Wooderson » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:24 am

Late to the party (funeral). Only showing up to repost this pic.

Can't wait til next year when the Bucks trade Henson for Marshon Brooks/Humphries after playing Henson 10 minutes a game for 40 games. Lets see how little value and production we can get in the short-term while getting absolutely nothing in the long term.

This whole organization is a steaming pile of trash that needs to be set to fire. They don't even deserve to be relocated, just contract them and wipe them off the NBA landscape for good.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,490

Post#859 » by JayMKE » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:14 am

Does the weird love Magic fans have for JJ Redick remind anyone else of the love Warrior fans had for Ekpe Udoh?
FREE GIANNIS
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#860 » by jeremyd236 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:18 am

JayMKE wrote:Does the weird love Magic fans have for JJ Redick remind anyone else of the love Warrior fans had for Ekpe Udoh?

Yes, but I think that's normal. Generally, fans like the players on the teams they cheer for, especially the players that play on that team for several seasons.

We generally hate every player that comes into Milwaukee by the time they leave. Honestly, can't think of one player this board has liked for their entire tenure on the Bucks. So it's not surprising how crazy it seems to us.

Edit: Oops, thought you meant Ellis instead of Udoh.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks