ImageImageImageImage

New Magic Lineup?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

magicaroni
Freshman
And1: 9

Re: New Magic Lineup? 

Post#41 » by magicaroni » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:36 pm

2013-2014 Season in visual form:

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#42 » by tiderulz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:18 pm

magicaroni wrote:
BaunceyChillups wrote:
ClashCityRocker wrote:I still haven't seen anybody explain why we traded mcroberts to CHA for nothin...all that means is that we are treated to more playing time for Nicholson who has proven to be decent at 18 ft jumpers and almost downright terrible at anything else. He's E'Twaun Moore with less scoring ability. Am I missing something? From where I stand he's a scientist that makes bone-headed plays on the court.
IMO he's looking like a terrible pick drafted solely on character. How he made it to the rookie/sophomore game I will never understand.

Andrew is the most efficient scorer on the team and actually draws fouls and gets free throws

Most efficient scorer on the team??? :roll:

Andrew will be a life long bench player. I wasn't a fan of his when we picked him. He runs flat footed, and lacks the athleticism and strength necessary to start in this league.

He has a decent post game, and a decent jumper. Outside of that he is below average. I'll be happy in 2 years when he is sitting behind a couple guys ahead of him on the depth chart. For now, he makes a good tank PF for the 2013-2014 season.

i love how a player does half a season and everyone thinks they have the future all mapped out and they cannot get any better. And there is a reason why many other gm's wanted Nicholson in the draft this year. Not saying he is a star or will be one, but he hasnt shown anything to warrant your opinion of him.
ClashCityRocker
Sixth Man
And1: 76

Post#43 » by ClashCityRocker » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:26 pm

Okay well let us know when we're allowed to form an opinion.
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#44 » by woosah » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:24 pm

So i was thinking about some options and I wonder if Nicholson and Vucci should play less together. Maybe AN should play more with Kyle on the second unit so he can score as much as he wants and Kyle doesn't really look to score, just concentrate on put-backs and rebounding. I don't know though, I am just looking at playing guys so that Vucci gets more touches, but if you pair him with Toby at the 4 then that may not work either as TH looks as if he will be looking to score.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#45 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:31 pm

woosah wrote:So i was thinking about some options and I wonder if Nicholson and Vucci should play less together. Maybe AN should play more with Kyle on the second unit so he can score as much as he wants and Kyle doesn't really look to score, just concentrate on put-backs and rebounding. I don't know though, I am just looking at playing guys so that Vucci gets more touches, but if you pair him with Toby at the 4 then that may not work either as TH looks as if he will be looking to score.

I think Toby plays better defense and has better handles than Nicholson. That would create better ball movement for Vucci to find his spot to get open.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
woosah
RealGM

Post#46 » by woosah » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:47 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
woosah wrote:So i was thinking about some options and I wonder if Nicholson and Vucci should play less together. Maybe AN should play more with Kyle on the second unit so he can score as much as he wants and Kyle doesn't really look to score, just concentrate on put-backs and rebounding. I don't know though, I am just looking at playing guys so that Vucci gets more touches, but if you pair him with Toby at the 4 then that may not work either as TH looks as if he will be looking to score.

I think Toby plays better defense and has better handles than Nicholson. That would create better ball movement for Vucci to find his spot to get open.

I imagine we will see a bunch of new lineups with JV feeling everyone out, but just threw it out there to see what others may have thought. I just want the Niks to get their shots.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#47 » by Neon1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:04 pm

woosah wrote: I don't know though, I am just looking at playing guys so that Vucci gets more touches, but if you pair him with Toby at the 4 then that may not work either as TH looks as if he will be looking to score.

Why does it matter if Tobias would look to score if he is the better offensive player? I want and we NEED a scorer, why does it matter which one of the young guys it turns out to be?
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
woosah
RealGM

Post#48 » by woosah » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Neon1 wrote:
woosah wrote: I don't know though, I am just looking at playing guys so that Vucci gets more touches, but if you pair him with Toby at the 4 then that may not work either as TH looks as if he will be looking to score.

Why does it matter if Tobias would look to score if he is the better offensive player? I wan't and we NEED a scorer, why does it matter which one of the young guys it turns out to be?

It doesn't really i guess. I just think Vooch can be overlooked at times and is a capable scorer also. We should look for him more.
Boo.

Return to Orlando Magic