The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,151

Re: The OFFICIAL rookie impressions thread pt.III 

Post#381 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:24 pm

menten wrote:
Shem wrote:Damian Lillard becomes the first rookie since LeBron James to record at least 1000 (1012) points and 300 (356) assists in his 1st 55 career games.

Classless.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,307

Post#382 » by Shem » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:26 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGi4_gzYy1I[/youtube]
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Browns16
Senior
And1: 190

Post#383 » by Browns16 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:44 am

Zeller has 16 and 7 in 3rd quarter against magic
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#384 » by dlts20 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:52 am

Beal tonight in 37min had 21pts, 5reb, 4ast, 2stls, and 1blk on 7-15 from the field, 2-4 from three, and 5-6 from the ft line. Played some good D again and sealed the game with an offensive board off an Okafor missed FT while leading the Wiz to the win over Hou
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#385 » by nuposse04 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:54 am

Beal with another solid game, 21-5-4-2-1, 7/15 from the floor, and the game sealing rebound. He may never be the scorer Harden is, but his other facets of his game are very nice. He looks way better out there on D then most any of the rookies.

*^seems DLTS beat me, lol
dlts20
RealGM

Post#386 » by dlts20 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:56 am

nuposse04 wrote:Beal with another solid game, 21-5-4-2-1, 7/15 from the floor, and the game sealing rebound. He may never be the scorer Harden is, but his other facets of his game are very nice. He looks way better out there on D then most any of the rookies.

beat ya to it........lol

On the real though, Beal looks great. Just a natural. He actually shot better than the numbers show. Had a couple of fluke blocks and or ball slipping/stripped that they counted as shot attempts
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#387 » by nuposse04 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:02 am

7/15 is not bad efficiency for a SG, especially considering his three ball as of late. Funny thing is, he'd get even BETTER looks if Wall ever gets an average jumpshot. That's a frighting notion. Defensively they'd a damn good backcourt.
GhostsOfGil
General Manager
And1: 899

Post#388 » by GhostsOfGil » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:02 am

I hate to sound like a homer but I think Beal is quietly closing the gap between Lilard for rookie of the year. Another huge game in a win over Houston. Harden put up 27 but Beal had a better overall game.
thug-lyfe
Senior
And1: 156

Post#389 » by thug-lyfe » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:04 am

Both Beal and Wall looking good while starting again

Wiz fans have a right to be excited about their backcourt :D

Credit to TZ for the sig
Credit to sh00n for the avy
fishnc
Assistant Coach
And1: 449

Post#390 » by fishnc » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:06 am

GhostsOfGil wrote:I hate to sound like a homer but I think Beal is quietly closing the gap between Lilard for rookie of the year. Another huge game in a win over Houston. Harden put up 27 but Beal had a better overall game.

Beal has zero chance of catching Lillard at this point.
nuposse04
RealGM

Post#391 » by nuposse04 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:11 am

fishnc wrote:
GhostsOfGil wrote:I hate to sound like a homer but I think Beal is quietly closing the gap between Lilard for rookie of the year. Another huge game in a win over Houston. Harden put up 27 but Beal had a better overall game.

I honestly think it depends on team record. Beal's level of play right now is analogous to Lillard, he is not the playmaker by any means, but he's definitely a better defender. I don't see the blazers finishing with a worse record then the wiz though, even if we do play +.500 ball from here out. I'd give Beal like a 8% chance, just cause the media anointed Lillard (and rightfully so) very early. Unless Beal has some absurd games it'll be hard to bridge the gap...but it is possible.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,537

Post#392 » by ComboGuardCity » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:15 am

Can't find the highlights but an amazing game by Kyle Singler.

2 pts 16% from the field 3 rebounds. 1 stl. 1 TO. Dude is a monster and should be in the running for ROY
dlts20
RealGM

Post#393 » by dlts20 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:36 am

nuposse04 wrote:7/15 is not bad efficiency for a SG, especially considering his three ball as of late. Funny thing is, he'd get even BETTER looks if Wall ever gets an average jumpshot. That's a frighting notion. Defensively they'd a damn good backcourt.

Oh, no. I never said it was bad. Its very good. Im just saying that he wouldve/shouldve been over 50
fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#394 » by fart » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:22 am

Shem wrote:
Hero wrote:That's really impressive by Lillard! Also crazy that LeBron did that coming into the league as an 18 year old.

What's even crazier is that it's the first time in 9 years that someone has done this no matter what age they've been coming into the NBA. ;)

I have come to two possible conclusions. You are either Damian Lillard posting on RealGM or you are one of those maniac celebrity stalkers.
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
sir G Wallace
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#395 » by sir G Wallace » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:49 am

nuposse04 wrote:
fishnc wrote:

I honestly think it depends on team record. Beal's level of play right now is analogous to Lillard, he is not the playmaker by any means, but he's definitely a better defender. I don't see the blazers finishing with a worse record then the wiz though, even if we do play +.500 ball from here out. I'd give Beal like a 8% chance, just cause the media anointed Lillard (and rightfully so) very early. Unless Beal has some absurd games it'll be hard to bridge the gap...but it is possible.

You are severely underestimating the the weight of the responsibility Lillard has been carrying all season for Portland. Beal can afford to have off games, Lillard cant. He is playing 39 MPG off the bat and has been the best rookie in the league while doing so. That speaks volumes about his accomplishment in his rookie year.
Shem
RealGM

Post#396 » by Shem » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:17 am

fart wrote:
Shem wrote:
Hero wrote:That's really impressive by Lillard! Also crazy that LeBron did that coming into the league as an 18 year old.

What's even crazier is that it's the first time in 9 years that someone has done this no matter what age they've been coming into the NBA. ;)

I have come to two possible conclusions. You are either Damian Lillard posting on RealGM or you are one of those maniac celebrity stalkers.

No, you're just a Lillard hater and you're obviously jealous that he's going to win the ROY versus your favorite rookie. Believe me, if Lillard was on your team, you would be all over it. Must be jealous that your team passed up on him.

Oh, and get used to it pal. Lillard is by far the best rookie of this year's draft class and he's going to win. So yes, there should be a lot of Lillard posting on here because he is the best and because it annoys you specially, I'm now going to make it a post to post every article and video I see of him from now on and there's going to be a lot. You should have quit when you were ahead. Enjoy!
April 4, 2014:

Shem
RealGM

Post#397 » by Shem » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:21 am

nuposse04 wrote:
fishnc wrote:

This is funny how people really think Lillard has a shot to lose this award. FYI, did you know that if Lillard were to play in Portland's remaining 27 games and didn't score a point or get an assist, he would finish with a scoring average of 12.3 PPG and an assist average of 4.3 APG?
April 4, 2014:

Shem
RealGM

Post#398 » by Shem » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:22 am

This was posted today:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOKOZNEQoLg[/youtube]
April 4, 2014:

Shem
RealGM

Post#399 » by Shem » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:38 am

“I have a chip on my shoulder, knowing that people doubt me and whether I can make it to the next level. It’s everyone’s dream to play in the NBA. I’ve wanted that my whole life. That’s what I work for, to prove people wrong.” – Damian Lillard, 2011

Damian Lillard doesn’t seem to fit the underdog mold. After all, he was the sixth overall pick in this year’s NBA Draft and seems like a lock to win the Rookie of the Year award. Lillard has taken the league by storm and is having one of the most remarkable rookie seasons in recent memory. The 22-year-old point guard has become a household name and looks poised for an outstanding career.

However, before Lillard was donning a Portland Trail Blazers jersey and dominating NBA competition, he was overlooked and underappreciated at every level.

Lillard’s basketball career nearly ended in high school, when he was buried on the depth chart at St. Joseph of Notre Dame in California. He rarely played at the private school and when he would see the court, it would only be for a handful of minutes. After his sophomore season, the team’s head coach told Lillard that he was unsure if there was a role for him. Rather than continuing to pay for their son to attend the school, Houston and Gina Lillard decided to pull him out of St. Joseph.

Read the rest here:
http://www.hoopsworld.com/damian-lillar ... rachiever/
April 4, 2014:

fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#400 » by fart » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:53 am

Yea Shem, I am jealous, if only my team also had a good young PG......................:rofl:
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D

Return to The General Board