ImageImageImageImage

The Tobias Harris Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,204

Re: The Tobias Harris Thread 

Post#101 » by thelead » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:41 pm

Skip was the better point guard for our team, especially when he was hitting 3's. Jameer still can't gaurd a traffic cone.
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#102 » by arsenal6106 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:15 am

I hope this thread doesn't fail.
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
magicaroni
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#103 » by magicaroni » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:25 am

What Tobias could be: Luol Deng

What he'll probably become: Ryan Gomes
SmiteaDwight
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#104 » by SmiteaDwight » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:08 am

To compare our young players athletically, here are some draft combine measurements

Harkless
No step Vert: 32.5
Max Vert: 37
Lane Agility: 10.87

Harris
No step Vert: 31.5
Max Vert: 37.5
Lane Agility: 10.96

For comparison lets use a player who is known for his Vertical and quickness: Derrick Rose

No step Vert: 34.5
Max Vert: 40
Lane Agility: 11.96
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#105 » by MagicStarwipe » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Really liked what I saw from Tobias today. He plays with a lot of confidence. If he can get that jumper to start falling, he could be a major weapon on offence. Decent handles for a big guy too.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,528

Post#106 » by Furinkazan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:31 pm

magicaroni wrote:What Tobias could be: Luol Deng

Idk

Some Bucks fans compare him to Big Dog Robinson
CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Post#107 » by CraZyPraiZ » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:58 pm

thelead wrote:Skip was the better point guard for our team, especially when he was hitting 3's. Jameer still can't gaurd a traffic cone.

I agree. Putting Jameer back in as a starter actually cost us the championship. Rafer was a better pg for this team than Jameer. I like Jameer but that is how a lots of us see it to this day. As far as the atheist getting all bent out of shape at the mention of God, come on where's the tolerance that you guys preach?

Back on topic: I really like Tobias. Very very strong NBA Body at 20 and takes it to the hole without any hesitation. Also getting a legit pg for this young team is huge. it will be a tough couple of years but i love the effort that these young guys put out. Go Magic!!!
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#108 » by AdamTheGreek » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Tobias is a really hard worker. Pretty humble kid. He's much more athletic than what I recalled of him at Tennnessee or even in Milwaukee the few times I saw him play in a Bucks jersey.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
ClashCityRocker
Sixth Man
And1: 76

Post#109 » by ClashCityRocker » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:17 pm

I really liked some of what I saw from Tobias last night, I just hope he doesn't fall in love with the jump shot. We need a post presence more than another spot up shooter seeing as how Vuc likes to play the paint is lava on offense.
magicaroni
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#110 » by magicaroni » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:47 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:

Idk

He's no Glenn Robinson... that is an idiotic comparison for them to give him.

He is very athletic, and has a great build, but he is so unpolished offensively and his jumpshot is barely ahead of Moe Harkless at this point.

If I were coaching Tobias, i would have him working on a back to the basket game for the 3's he'd be facing, and a 15 foot face up game for the 4's he'd be facing. He needs to be utilizing his advantages against defenders. Not settling for threes. This kid is strong and athletic, and needs to play like it. IMO, he's more of a 4 than a 3.
ClashCityRocker
Sixth Man
And1: 76

Post#111 » by ClashCityRocker » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:49 pm

magicaroni wrote:
~Snoopy~ wrote:

Idk

He's no Glenn Robinson... that is an idiotic comparison for them to give him.

He is very athletic, and has a great build, but he is so unpolished offensively and his jumpshot is barely ahead of Moe Harkless at this point.

If I were coaching Tobias, i would have him working on a back to the basket game for the 3's he'd be facing, and a 15 foot face up game for the 4's he'd be facing. He needs to be utilizing his advantages against defenders. Not settling for threes. This kid is strong and athletic, and needs to play like it. IMO, he's more of a 4 than a 3.

Well said. I agree completely
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#112 » by drsd » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:58 pm

Tobias Harris Magic Debut 14 Points/3 Blocks

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azTFrGKiGlo[/youtube]
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#113 » by Horcy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:11 pm

MagicHolland wrote:
Noonskadoodle wrote:Matt Barnes wasn't even on our finals team though, so.....

LOL yeah I was reading that and I was like.. Is it just me? Or??.. Nah he wasn't on that Finals team..

hahaha sorry :lol: I blame weed :D

drsd wrote:Tobias Harris Magic Debut 14 Points/3 Blocks

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azTFrGKiGlo[/youtube]

Thanks bro, I wasn't able to watch even a point from Harris on his debut.
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#114 » by Neon1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:11 pm

magicaroni wrote:

All the bold i cant agree with. He shoots MUCH better then Harkless and he DOES play to his size at the SF. Everything you are saying he SHOULD be doing is actually WHAT he does. You're implying these points as if they are not his strenths.

Harris doesnt even play like that (re: settling for threes). Have you guys watched him play? He plays the way you're saying he SHOULD. He is a power three.

He is a bullyball SF, He is mostly an inside/close range player, he posts up and faces up to drive the lane.

He also rebounds at a good rate 7.1 per36 for his career. But, he is a SF, No mistake about it.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... ito02.html

Take a look at the kids shot charts. 50% of attempts comes from the restricted area, 20% comes from inside the paint. That accounts for 70% of his attempts.
http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player ... 2;season=r

Offensively he is like what Josh Smith would be when he tones down the 3pt chucking.
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,354

Post#115 » by M-C-G » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:24 pm

I miss Tobes...Probably my favorite Bucks draft pick since Big Dog
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#116 » by OrlandO » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:30 pm

M-C-G wrote:I miss Tobes...Probably my favorite Bucks draft pick since Big Dog

we will treat him well for you :D
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#117 » by rcklsscognition » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:32 pm

Neon1 wrote:
magicaroni wrote:

All the bold i cant agree with. He shoots MUCH better then Harkless and he DOES play to his size at the SF. Everything you are saying he SHOULD be doing is actually WHAT he does. You're implying these points as if they are not his strenths.

Harris doesnt even play like that (re: settling for threes). Have you guys watched him play? He plays the way you're saying he SHOULD. He is a power three.

He is a bullyball SF, He is mostly an inside/close range player, he posts up and faces up to drive the lane.

He also rebounds at a good rate 7.1 per36 for his career. But, he is a SF, No mistake about it.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... ito02.html

Take a look at the kids shot charts. 50% of attempts comes from the restricted area, 20% comes from inside the paint. That accounts for 70% of his attempts.
http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player ... 2;season=r

Offensively he is like what Josh Smith would be when he tones down the 3pt chucking.

This.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,026

Post#118 » by dsg2021 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:57 pm

OT-ish.

Pretty sure Jameer played more than half of the games that Finals run season, meaning he helped them get that seeding where Rafer wouldn't have done as well. There's also not really any question at all that that season of Jameer would've helped us a ton in the playoffs if he was never so seriously injured like that which is still his longest time out injury to up to today. The final point about messing up the chemistry in the actual finals, I can sort of agree with to a smaller degree but it gives me two problems. 1) SVG made the call and he should've known Jameer needs game conditioning than just being thrown out there and hoping for 80-100% healthy and in game rhythm. 2) Rafer took us as starter PG to the finals but he's a little bit of a sore whiner if he let Jameer coming back affect him so much, especially after bringing them so far already. The final things I'd say is that, were the minutes Jameer had so bad compared to playing AJ instead, or Rafer a couple minutes more. The Magic looked very bright-stage shocked in LA for the first games, and then the fateful down to the wire CLee layup that was technically goaltended but not enough to affect the outcome of the layup anyways. The Magic still had an amazing season, they beat a LeBron James team after 66 wins among all the other highlights.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,829

Post#119 » by Last Guardian » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:41 pm

This was the first time I ever saw the kid play and he was pretty good. No doubt he is a perimeter player with the way he handled the ball and faced up, but he is a big bully of a perimeter player. Harkless has some major competition for SF of the future.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#120 » by Horcy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Wow man #12 is blocking shots again :lol: He's using Howard's former jersey, that's bizarre.

Return to Orlando Magic