ImageImageImageImage

How are you taking this season?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

CraZyPraiZ
Starter
And1: 700

Re: How are you taking this season? 

Post#41 » by CraZyPraiZ » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:25 pm

I feel for the first time in years that we have some direction. i just want to see the young kids play hard and i am hoping that somewhere in there we have a couple of stars and then some legit players in the bunch. For instance I am so anxious to see Tobias tonight. :) It's all good.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#42 » by craig01 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:48 pm

magicmamma wrote:I was fine until JJ was traded.

Which is the same reaction my wife and daughter had....lol
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
Flannerz
Pro Prospect
And1: 499

Post#43 » by Flannerz » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:48 pm

MagicHolland wrote:
Flannerz wrote:I knew this season would be tough but being in England helps as I can't go to games so I'm not really 'watching' us lose. Due to work and the time difference its difficult to watch games. I'm starting to get used to checking the result first thing in the morning and seeing that we've lost.

What I find difficult is knowing we need to lose to get better as I don't want us to lose games even though I know it helps us. Being a 'football' fan (I don't like the word soccer! :D ) we don't have a draft system, so if you're team is having a bad season you could get relegated to the division below. Getting my head around losing being a good thing has been difficult.

You should really consider a subscription to International League Pass. I have to avoid FB, Twitter and any basketball related websites until I have watched the games, but nothing is more annoying than finding out the results before I have seen the game..

Who are you rooting for in football?

With the time difference it's difficult to watch games as some will start at 2am for me. I'm a Tottenham fan, what about you?
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,829

Post#44 » by Last Guardian » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:46 pm

I wanted to win to prove everyone wrong, and I enjoyed the early part of the season when we were right around .500.

I guess it is for the best though. We may have made it as an 8th seed if everyone was 100% healthy and it would have been a nice story, but in the end I suppose getting a #1 or 2 pick will be amazing for this teams future. And we have a frontcourt full of young talent which is nice. The backcourt is trash though.
truebluelover
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#45 » by truebluelover » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:18 am

At the beginning, I thought we can make the playoff and prove every non-magic fans wrong that we are not the worst team in NBA.

Later on, BD injured, and we have a losing steak and I start to believe the tank mode is on. AAA quite for a few games and we kept losing. I am fine with the tank mode right now. Yet I admit that the JJ trade rumor also annoyed me a bit throughout the 1st half of the season.

Happy to see the new blood playing for magic right now
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#46 » by drsd » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:52 am

Another thing that irks me about this season: with Redick and Ayon shipped for two younger players, there are now 8 Magicians whose age is at a level such that I could be their father. Boo!!!!

As Turkoglu is released, Udrih leaves in FA, and perhaps Harrington traded in the off-season, only Nelson will be left as an "older" player. Arran Afflalo, born in 1985, could very well be Orlando's second oldest player next season.

:(

The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 6,985

Post#47 » by The Real Dalic » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:11 am

I was on the rebuild/playoff group. But I wasn't against any direction. I was going to enjoy this season no matter which direction we chose that didn't involve Dwight.

I'm enjoying watching the development of our young players... I love the fact that I'm actually excited for this years draft... I'm happy to finally watch some young new players that we don't know how they'll look in their prime rather than watching a JRich or VC on the decline.

It's been overall better than the past 2 seasons combined for me.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#48 » by paperboymafia » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:35 am

On the whole, it's been refreshing and exciting -- rebuilding through Hennigans sits well with me.

I must admit though that my enjoyment of the season took a huge hit when JJ was traded.
MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 300

Post#49 » by MagicHolland » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:49 am

Flannerz wrote:
MagicHolland wrote:
Flannerz wrote:I knew this season would be tough but being in England helps as I can't go to games so I'm not really 'watching' us lose. Due to work and the time difference its difficult to watch games. I'm starting to get used to checking the result first thing in the morning and seeing that we've lost.

What I find difficult is knowing we need to lose to get better as I don't want us to lose games even though I know it helps us. Being a 'football' fan (I don't like the word soccer! :D ) we don't have a draft system, so if you're team is having a bad season you could get relegated to the division below. Getting my head around losing being a good thing has been difficult.

You should really consider a subscription to International League Pass. I have to avoid FB, Twitter and any basketball related websites until I have watched the games, but nothing is more annoying than finding out the results before I have seen the game..

Who are you rooting for in football?

With the time difference it's difficult to watch games as some will start at 2am for me. I'm a Tottenham fan, what about you?

That's another reason to get ILP, you can watch every game afterwards for the entire season.. Anyways, how's my boy Vertonghen doing?
Javanar
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Post#50 » by Javanar » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:28 am

People are happy to watch Vucevic, Harkless, AN, Harris... instead of Dwightmare, JRich, Duhon, Hedo, Q...

But I am not sure this optimistic trend will continue next season. At least they will be demanding more competitiveness.
I am not a native English speaker...
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,528

Post#51 » by Furinkazan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:32 pm

basicly lost instrest in the nba...
I was nbalp holder last few years
now I dont giv a ...

but still lurking around
old love dont die so fast :p
Flannerz
Pro Prospect
And1: 499

Post#52 » by Flannerz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:52 pm

[quote="MagicHolland"][/quote]
I don't like watching games when I know the score I can't go all day without checking the score :D

Vertonghen looks class, really good signing
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
And1: 292

Post#53 » by RYgoBOOM » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Loving it so far!

Moe is really making the 2nd half of the season more exciting
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#54 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:18 pm

I was not concerned about JJ being traded as he would not be a key starter on a Championship team. Maybe, a good backup.

Regardless, I am very disappointed in this season. Because, I don't want to see my team get stuck like the Bobcats or Clippers like they were for a decade. Even when you get a MKG, Bismark and Kemba (3 Top 10's!), they still are bottom feeders. I only like to win. And, a bunch of mid to late round pick players are usually not a nucleus for deep playoff success. I think this team really needs Vucevic to continue to develop into a dominate center for this teams success. This team definitely needs to be more physical and hopefully BBD brings it next year to help Vucci out in plugging lanes as teams drive to the hoop like a knife cutting butter.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
And1: 292

Post#55 » by RYgoBOOM » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:34 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I was not concerned about JJ being traded as he would not be a key starter on a Championship team. Maybe, a good backup.

Regardless, I am very disappointed in this season. Because, I don't want to see my team get stuck like the Bobcats or Clippers like they were for a decade. Even when you get a MKG, Bismark and Kemba (3 Top 10's!), they still are bottom feeders. I only like to win. And, a bunch of mid to late round pick players are usually not a nucleus for deep playoff success. I think this team really needs Vucevic to continue to develop into a dominate center for this teams success. This team definitely needs to be more physical and hopefully BBD brings it next year to help Vucci out in plugging lanes as teams drive to the hoop like a knife cutting butter.

You aren't the least bit impressed with Moe's development over the course of the year? lol

Vucci and moe give me a reason to come back to games IMO :)
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#56 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:40 pm

RYgoBOOM wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I was not concerned about JJ being traded as he would not be a key starter on a Championship team. Maybe, a good backup.

You aren't the least bit impressed with Moe's development over the course of the year? lol

Vucci and moe give me a reason to come back to games IMO :)

I never said that. In the other thread I expressed praise for Harkless because his confidence seems to be soaring. He should be a very solid starting SF next year after a full summer to work with the Magic trainers. I am starting to get excited about this kid. Magic at least have (2) positions solidified with Vuc and Hark!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 300

Post#57 » by MagicHolland » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:43 pm

I understand that you are disappointed, and most likely you will be for another season or two. Especially if you don't like waiting for a plan to bring back a winning team to Orlando.

Most likely everyone on here would rather watch a winning team, but most of us agree that in order to be more than a winning team we have to rebuild from the bottom up. I wouldn't be very much in favor of this major overhaul if I didn't feel like it could land us a franchise player (next year). Besides that we'll have an extended look at young talent, capspace and some future draftpicks.

I also feel like the Magic is different from the Bobcats or Clippers in that we have always been a desired destination for FA's with a good owner and a great new stadium. I really feel like we could be back in business by 2014-2015, in the meanwhile I will keep on rooting for the young guys!

I hope you stick around as I appreciate your opinions/input! (I guess you will, since you're still rooting for Detroit :wink: )
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#58 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:55 pm

MagicHolland wrote:I hope you stick around as I appreciate your opinions/input! (I guess you will, since you're still rooting for Detroit :wink: )

I was here for the TMac then Francis days, so you betcha. I just may not watch as many games as I used to. But, I do enjoy watching parts of the games where the Magic make a run to see how the young guys contibute.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,485

Post#59 » by doct3r dr3 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:51 pm

season's going pretty perfectly, as far as i'm concerned. i was getting frustrated with the pace at which jacque was bringing the young guys along, but then injuries happened and the deadline came, so now it looks like smooth sailing. i had prepared myself for the eventuality of j.j.'s departure, though that still kind of hurts a bit. ah well, more young guys to root for, w00t.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#60 » by magicman112 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:47 pm

I've watched more games this year than last. It's all new and last season it was pretty predictable Dwight was on his way out and when he got hurt the outcome was inevitable. I like the job that Henny and Co. have done so far. Just about all the players that have been brought in have done well. Have a nice group of first and second year players that have all shown promise, and will be poised to have a top pick in this year's draft to add to it. It's been a while since the players we drafted in the previous year's draft have gotten good playing time and been productive. Hell, at one point it was great if they even showed up after the Franny fiasco haha. And the guys we got in the JJ trade (Beno and Harris) showed promise in just their first game.

Return to Orlando Magic