ImageImageImageImageImage

Dwight: We will do this for Dr. Buss

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,474

Re: Dwight: We will do this for Dr. Buss 

Post#21 » by The Laker Kid » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Thank you D-Ho.. do this for JB, but more importantly, do it for yourself and for your team.
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
BlackBerry
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#22 » by BlackBerry » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Common Howard win another one. Let's hope Huston loses tonight.
GAME TIME
Banned User
And1: 50

Post#23 » by GAME TIME » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:01 pm

kobe808lak wrote:
GAME TIME wrote:
KB24TBOTB wrote:He says this after every game so I'll believe it when I see it

I guess you saw it.

Looked like Dwight was a Laker today. He was moving his feet, playing with some emotion like he gave a dam, supporting the team on and off the court.

Time to give Mr. Howard some kudos 8-)

Shouldn't he have been playing like he gave a damn since day 1?

Should you have treated that person better years ago? Get over it. It's howard time baby 8-)
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#24 » by Mamba Venom » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:22 am

Awesome

It's about time Dwight embraces the best franchise in the league.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
salmahayek
Senior
And1: 5

Post#25 » by salmahayek » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:15 pm

[b][quote="Mamba Venom"]Awesome

It's about time Dwight embraces the best franchise in the league.[/quote][/b]

Yeah, if Howard doesn't get what it means to be a Laker this week after the Buss tribute at Staples and then attending the public service for Buss at the Nokia Theatre, he likely never will.
AcecardZ
Lead Assistant
And1: 541

Post#26 » by AcecardZ » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:17 am

I've got a question for you guys.

Many of you were very anti-Dwight as little as a week or so ago. He's played quite well the past few games. Are any of you starting to come around and thinking just maybe keeping this guy around long term might not be such a bad idea?
Sometimes being wrong is awesome!!! :D
salmahayek
Senior
And1: 5

Post#27 » by salmahayek » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:18 pm

The Lakers are committed to keeping Dwight Howard, assuming he re-signs.

I think rebuilding the post - Kobe Lakers around Howard, in a new CBA era would be very prudent. As franchises can no longer create "super teams" in lieu of the tax implications, the Lakers having a distinct advantage at center should be that much more pronounced.

If Howard bolts, then Gasol stays and rides out the rest of his contract with the Lakers next year. If Howard re-signs, then I see the Lakers amnestying Gasol for luxury tax purposes. If Gasol stays with Howard going, then I think they amnesty World Peace next year for some luxury tax savings.

I think the Lakers will step up and sign Earl Clark after this season, regardless of the tax implications next year. He looks to be the perfect combo forward, stretch four type of player this team will need going forward, no matter who the two stars the Lakers end up rebuilding with.

Then in 2014, even if they had Howard, Nash, and Clark under contract, they could still sign a max salary free agent, whether it be LeBron or someone else. If Howard would bolt, they could sign two.

Then, once all the pieces fall into place there, Kobe can decide if he wants to continue to play, and if he and the Lakers can work out a reasonable deal if he does.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,221

Post#28 » by Kilroy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:01 pm

AcecardZ wrote:I've got a question for you guys.

Many of you were very anti-Dwight as little as a week or so ago. He's played quite well the past few games. Are any of you starting to come around and thinking just maybe keeping this guy around long term might not be such a bad idea?

Anybody with any sense wanted the Dominant Dwight from Orlando on this team long term...
We're just Lakers fans and expect a certain level of excitement and commitment to P&G from our players. Up until the all-star break, Dwight seemed focused on Dwight and only bemused about playing in LA.

He's playing better sure, but what I think is turning people around is that he's saying the right things and seems more focused and determined.

If Dwight wants to be a Laker long term, and wants to respectfully represent the org, I think we all want him to be a Laker long term.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
kobe808lak
Sixth Man
And1: 601

Post#29 » by kobe808lak » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:25 pm

GAME TIME wrote:Should you have treated that person better years ago? Get over it. It's howard time baby 8-)

The hell does that mean? ..... and I'll take Howard seriously when he cracks 50% at the FT line.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers