ImageImageImageImage

bulls fan with a question

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

OMPunk
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Re: bulls fan with a question 

Post#21 » by OMPunk » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:31 am

VegetaBull wrote:
G-Heel wrote:I wouldn't want to go anywhere near Amare... this is a rebuilding team, what are we going to do with Amare?

If healthy, he'll get this team a few more wins, effectively push us out of building good talents through the draft. Once we're able to get more talent in, he'll be old. So if healthy, all he'll do is lengthen our rebuilding process.

If he get injured again, then we'll be stuck with a bad contract for a few more years. I don't see any positives from attaining Amare unless it's a salary dump situation where we get good young prospects and draft picks to take him.

you dont think this is a good lineup?

nikola/ayon
STAT/harrington
budinger/q rich
AAA/ brewer
meer / barea

especially if you still have cap space? and he only has 2 more years?

i guess my post was really out of curiosity of what fans of teams like the magic think is the best approach is all.

To answer your question, we are no different then fans of any other team. We want our team built correctly and don't clammer for has beens because we can't do any better.

If this team was called the Chicago Bulls would YOU be happy with it? :lol:
Random Laker Fan wrote:Glad to have Dwight on my team but dude is a fraud and a clown at the same time. He's like one of those guys that makes up stories to get a reaction from people who he thinks cares.
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#22 » by G-Heel » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:17 am

VegetaBull wrote:
G-Heel wrote:I wouldn't want to go anywhere near Amare... this is a rebuilding team, what are we going to do with Amare?

If healthy, he'll get this team a few more wins, effectively push us out of building good talents through the draft. Once we're able to get more talent in, he'll be old. So if healthy, all he'll do is lengthen our rebuilding process.

If he get injured again, then we'll be stuck with a bad contract for a few more years. I don't see any positives from attaining Amare unless it's a salary dump situation where we get good young prospects and draft picks to take him.

nikola/ayon
STAT/harrington
budinger/q rich
AAA/ brewer
meer / barea

i guess my post was really out of curiosity of what fans of teams like the magic think is the best approach is all.

Good lineup for what? 35 wins and 13th pick the next few years? Like I said, he doesn't fit with any plans this team possibly has. If we were a contender, needing that one scoring PF, then maybe we'll take the chance. I just don't think he's a good fit for Orlando, and Budinger isn't going to change that fact.
Fire Otis!
VegetaBull
Banned User
And1: 128

Post#23 » by VegetaBull » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:49 am

OMPunk wrote:
VegetaBull wrote:

nikola/ayon
STAT/harrington
budinger/q rich
AAA/ brewer
meer / barea

To answer your question, we are no different then fans of any other team. We want our team built correctly and don't clammer for has beens because we can't do any better.

If this team was called the Chicago Bulls would YOU be happy with it? :lol:

well if we didnt have derrick, id think its a start. i mean big baby is out right? amare has 2 more years left, and this is gonna turn into a league where its tough to have a lot of top tier players. i am not trying to argue whats good for your team, and i am sounding like that cause i guess i didnt ask... are niko and AAA the studs we hear they are?
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#24 » by RickB-Orlando » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:24 pm

VegetaBull wrote:

well if we didnt have derrick, id think its a start. i mean big baby is out right? amare has 2 more years left, and this is gonna turn into a league where its tough to have a lot of top tier players. i am not trying to argue whats good for your team, and i am sounding like that cause i guess i didnt ask... are niko and AAA the studs we hear they are?

Nik has the potential to develop into a very good center, probably top five. He already has a pretty well developed offensive game and is a very smart rebounder. The best part is he's not strictly reliant on athleticism, and makes up for it wit BBIQ. He needs to develop as a defender.

Afflalo is a legitimate third option, but out of his depth as first option, IMO. I've been disappointed in his defense.

As for the trade, I'd pass on Amare, too much risk, too old, and not really tied to the community. I wouldn't mind seeing Buddinger though, he might have some upside. Mo Harkless has shown some flashes recently of what he can become, so small forward probably isn't a priority, until it becomes clear that Mo isn't going to cut it.

What we really need is a stud PG, but then who doesn't?
VegetaBull
Banned User

Post#25 » by VegetaBull » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:52 am

RickB-Orlando wrote:
VegetaBull wrote:

Nik has the potential to develop into a very good center, probably top five. He already has a pretty well developed offensive game and is a very smart rebounder. The best part is he's not strictly reliant on athleticism, and makes up for it wit BBIQ. He needs to develop as a defender.

Afflalo is a legitimate third option, but out of his depth as first option, IMO. I've been disappointed in his defense.

As for the trade, I'd pass on Amare, too much risk, too old, and not really tied to the community. I wouldn't mind seeing Buddinger though, he might have some upside. Mo Harkless has shown some flashes recently of what he can become, so small forward probably isn't a priority, until it becomes clear that Mo isn't going to cut it.

What we really need is a stud PG, but then who doesn't?

BOS
CHI
CLE
DEN
GS
LAC
LAL
MIN
BKN
PHI
PHX
POR
SA
WAS
MEM

but i see your point :P

maybe niko can be 1a and afflalo 2a if you just get one more good guy in there. shame you lost reddick, fans seemed to really grown on him
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#26 » by Skin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:00 am

Shame we lost Redick? Not at all. It needed to happen. Just some fans get emotionally tied. That's the only thing you should read into that. Our GM did what was best for the team.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
VegetaBull
Banned User

Post#27 » by VegetaBull » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:09 am

Skin wrote:Shame we lost Redick? Not at all. It needed to happen. Just some fans get emotionally tied. That's the only thing you should read into that. Our GM did what was best for the team.

thought you guys were high on him and that he was doing better. wasnt he a good combo 1/2 to back up AAA and meer?
VegetaBull
Banned User

Post#28 » by VegetaBull » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:10 am

also kudos to your board for welcoming me and being civilized in your discussion. i wish the bulls board was more like that. we just get so many haters and illogical postings that have no basis.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#29 » by NEM » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:17 pm

Jj wasn't a combo. He is strictly 2. And while he was a fan favorite, this move was necessary in our development. We may have lost a few casual fans, but they'll be back once we start winning again. It happens every time a team goes through this phase. True fans stick it out, fair weather fans don't. Realgm is MAINLY true fans, though I've seen a couple head scratchers who are "magics" fans and "reddick" fans...

To answer your question, that would be terrible for us and sets us back in what we are trying to do. Plus amare isn't a hometown kid, he hates orlando
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
VegetaBull
Banned User

Post#30 » by VegetaBull » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:50 pm

NEM wrote:Jj wasn't a combo. He is strictly 2. And while he was a fan favorite, this move was necessary in our development. We may have lost a few casual fans, but they'll be back once we start winning again. It happens every time a team goes through this phase. True fans stick it out, fair weather fans don't. Realgm is MAINLY true fans, though I've seen a couple head scratchers who are "magics" fans and "reddick" fans...

To answer your question, that would be terrible for us and sets us back in what we are trying to do. Plus amare isn't a hometown kid, he hates orlando

he hates it? well then, i guess it was a moot post :lol:
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,331

Post#31 » by MagicMadness » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:50 pm

Agreed. Bringing in Amare makes us a probable playoff team, but not a contender. It screws up the rebuilding process and our cap space - not a good move at all.

There is a major difference between a young, up-and-coming team grabbing a low seed and a mediocre veteran team with no cap space, lottery picks, or clear plan for the future making a low seed.
Ballah
Bench Warmer
And1: 573

Post#32 » by Ballah » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:53 pm

We are not a playoff team with Amare, he might pull us out of the bottom five... maybe.
VegetaBull
Banned User

Post#33 » by VegetaBull » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:59 am

MagicMadness wrote:

Agreed. Bringing in Amare makes us a probable playoff team, but not a contender. It screws up the rebuilding process and our cap space - not a good move at all.

There is a major difference between a young, up-and-coming team grabbing a low seed and a mediocre veteran team with no cap space, lottery picks, or clear plan for the future making a low seed.

yeah i looked over the cap and it seemed pretty free besides amare obv, but got rid of fat fetus and turk. i love JJ but are you gonna have to change your pic now?
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#34 » by CourtsideTV » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:38 am

amare before injuries would be worth max...right now he is a rashard lewis version of the PF spot
Work Hard
Reverse_Angle
Assistant Coach
And1: 262

Post#35 » by Reverse_Angle » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:01 am

It is just weird when people write a line up suggestion for a team that they do not follow. Q Rich? The general discrepancy?

No man, just no.

"Aaron Gordon will cost Henny's job by Dec 2016." Predicted Dec 2014.

"O'Quinn will have a longer and more successful NBA career than Nicholson." Predicted Jun 2012. Verified on Dec 2014.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,771

Post#36 » by RookieStar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:32 am

CourtsideTV wrote:amare before injuries would be worth max...right now he is a rashard lewis version of the PF spot

errr courtside, rashard is/was a PF version too
VegetaBull
Banned User

Post#37 » by VegetaBull » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:56 pm

Reverse_Angle wrote:It is just weird when people write a line up suggestion for a team that they do not follow. Q Rich? The general discrepancy?

No man, just no.

i follow, i should have said, i just dont watch* i am sure Q doesnt pass the eye test, but i still wish he fought lebron haha
VegetaBull
Banned User

Post#38 » by VegetaBull » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:57 pm

CourtsideTV wrote:amare before injuries would be worth max...right now he is a rashard lewis version of the PF spot

you mean this years injury? or back in like 04 or whatever? cause he was actually doin well with the knicks, melo ruins that when hes on the court

Return to Orlando Magic