ImageImageImage

The Shved Thread!

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,705

Re: The Shved Thread! 

Post#181 » by FinnTheHuman » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:42 am

mlloyd10 wrote:As a bucks fan, just wondering if this guy is available? Seems like you could use a big man like Udoh for him

He's not available, and there are around a million arguments for that, and probably none against.
Viljanen
Junior
And1: 81

Post#182 » by Viljanen » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:02 am

I agree with some poster here who said that the Grizz offer was Gay for Kirilenko+Shved (that´s exactly the move that makes more sense for them in terms of improving short term production and going under the cap at the same time).

According to sources the Wolves rejected that offer inmediatly. Kirilenko, as good of a player he is, is technicaly an expiring in a year when they don´t look like making the POs (f****** injuries, this season was promising).
Los de Valladolid somos de los Timberwolves Jazz de toda la vida.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,980

Post#183 » by shrink » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:39 pm

The main reason Shved would never be traded is that he's the only guy Kahn can point to when critics say he can't evaluate young talent.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
zubinho
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#184 » by zubinho » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:17 pm

Shved vs Los Angeles Clippers
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWGABTTzrHQ[/youtube]
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,581

Post#185 » by Klomp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:13 pm

No Shved tonight
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#186 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:18 pm

--Porter said there might be a silver lining in Alexey Shved’s ankle injury, which will keep him out of his fourth straight game tonight. Shved, a rookie from Russia, was showing signs of fatigue in the games before his injury. Porter said Shved might be able to take advantage of this down time to recharge a little bit.

“Hopefully, with the time off, he’ll come back fresher,” Porter said. “His legs will be stronger. He seemed to need that. Normally they get that at the All-Star break. But he’s gotten it a little earlier.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/188373091.html
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

kmgarnett21
Assistant Coach
And1: 398

Post#187 » by kmgarnett21 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Sucks he's not playing this trip. But I was thinking that, too. He was really wearing down, especially b/c of the amount of minutes he was logging due to all of the injuries in the back court. Hopefully when he does come back, we'll see the first 20 games of Shved and not the past couple of weeks.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#188 » by Dewey » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:25 pm

kmgarnett21 wrote:Sucks he's not playing this trip. But I was thinking that, too. He was really wearing down, especially b/c of the amount of minutes he was logging due to all of the injuries in the back court. Hopefully when he does come back, we'll see the first 20 games of Shved and not the past couple of weeks.

I was shocked as well that he held up as long as he did - he came in looking to just get on the floor, then ends up with rediculous minutes due to injuries. With Rubio playing more and more I think we have a chance to use Shved and Ridnour more as guys who will have a alot of opportunity to catch-n-shoot 3's ...
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#189 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 5, 2013 9:58 pm

- Don’t you get bored here, having moved from Moscow? Minneapolis is such a quiet city.

- Actually, I already got used to everything. I feel comfortable, I like it here… I had my good share of fun in the past, so I can be leading a quiet life now. Of course I knew that people like basketball here, but I couldn’t imagine to what extent… It’s even hard to explain, how good it feels to be playing here. Fans would approach you, ask for a photo, they talk in a nice manner. Here, there are no people who would annoy you and ask some nonsense questions. Everyone is good and nice.

http://chernykh.wordpress.com/2013/02/0 ... -practice/

TMo519
Bench Warmer
And1: 25

Post#190 » by TMo519 » Tue Feb 5, 2013 10:44 pm

Klomp wrote:http://chernykh.wordpress.com/2013/02/05/alexey-shved-talks-braces-beer-missing-his-hair-iverson-as-genius-and-wearing-his-pajamas-to-practice/

- What if one comes to practice when hung over?

- Such thing didn’t happen yet.

Good to know :lol:
bestintheworld
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#191 » by bestintheworld » Fri Mar 1, 2013 7:09 am

Alexey had just 2 good games in last 10 or so +rising stars game. He really have potential and he can shoot MUCH better than in his last games. I hope he gain back his confidence. He is my favorite player in Minnesota along with Pec, AK47 and Rubio.
Cyborg21
General Manager
And1: 368

Post#192 » by Cyborg21 » Fri Mar 1, 2013 8:52 am

Hope so too, he has been brutal lately, really killing our bench.
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#193 » by [RCG] » Fri Mar 1, 2013 1:43 pm

I think he'll be solid for us going forward past this season, but he hasn't been good lately.

I don't mind just playing the guys we are going to have past this year through their struggles and let them develop in Adelman's system. We should be playing Rubio & Shved, Williams. More Chris Johnson.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
NewWolvesOrder
Head Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#194 » by NewWolvesOrder » Sat Mar 2, 2013 2:24 am

Turnover_21 wrote:
LordBaldric wrote:I'm starting to think Shved might be better than Rubio and also have more upside.

Same here. He's so skilled.

What a dumbass :roll:
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#195 » by [RCG] » Sat Mar 2, 2013 2:31 am

Turnover_21 wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:
LordBaldric wrote:I'm starting to think Shved might be better than Rubio and also have more upside.

:lol:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
bestintheworld
Ballboy

Post#196 » by bestintheworld » Sat Mar 2, 2013 4:40 pm

Turnover_21 wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:

You are a dumbass :roll: At the beginning of the season when almost everybody in Minnesota was injured we won a lot of games just because of Shved. He was great back then and Rubio played like **** his first games when he returned! Now Shved has a bad period but i guarantee you he is a great player and he will be back and he has all the potential. Yes Rubio is better than him but Shved is very close when it comes to skills. Rubio is better passer but Shved has it all. Rubio must learn how to shoot. Shved hasn't any weaknesses really. But i agree that Rubio is still slighty better player than Shved at this moment. But i like them both really.
bestintheworld
Ballboy

Post#197 » by bestintheworld » Sat Mar 2, 2013 5:02 pm

If i remember correctly Minnesota was at one point better than 0.5 team when Rubio was sitting on the bench and Shved playing. What happening now? We are like 4-14 last games or something i don't even remember.
[RCG]
Head Coach

Post#198 » by [RCG] » Sat Mar 2, 2013 5:34 pm

Problem is, when Rubio doesn't shoot well he can make up for it with assists, steals, charge-taking, pesky defense. Shved has a harder time making up for shooting slumps.
senfono
Senior
And1: 11

Post#199 » by senfono » Sat Mar 2, 2013 5:57 pm

bestintheworld wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:
Turnover_21 wrote:

You are a dumbass :roll: At the beginning of the season when almost everybody in Minnesota was injured we won a lot of games just because of Shved. He was great back then and Rubio played like **** his first games when he returned! Now Shved has a bad period but i guarantee you he is a great player and he will be back and he has all the potential. Yes Rubio is better than him but Shved is very close when it comes to skills. Rubio is better passer but Shved has it all. Rubio must learn how to shoot. Shved hasn't any weaknesses really. But i agree that Rubio is still slighty better player than Shved at this moment. But i like them both really.

he was quoting (and calling "dumbass") himself :wink:
bestintheworld
Ballboy

Post#200 » by bestintheworld » Sun Mar 3, 2013 9:40 am

[RCG] wrote:Problem is, when Rubio doesn't shoot well he can make up for it with assists, steals

And 5+ turnovers? Shved can pass too but of course when rubio get the ball everytime when Minnesota starts attacking he will have a lot of assists(same reason he have that much turnovers) and Shved has very litlle time with the ball. Rubio even get a lot of rebounds sometimes just because other players let him to have it to start attack.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves