Image ImageImage Image

Official Derrick Rose News ONLY - READ THE OP.

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Mr Funk
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,627

Re: Official Derrick Rose News ONLY - READ THE OP. 

Post#41 » by Mr Funk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:23 am

Chicago Bulls Rumors ‏@chicagobullsbot 1h

Chicago Bulls Derrick Rose feels close but he's still missing the desired explosiveness at the rim according to sources (Source: Joe Cowley)
BullsFan88
Senior
And1: 28

Post#42 » by BullsFan88 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:40 am

Chicago Bulls ‏@BullsNewsNBA 28m

Portland Coaches are planning to play Derrick Rose on Thursday. #Bulls
If you'd like a free animated sig visit viewtopic.php?t=107361
BahamaBull
General Manager
And1: 2,123

Post#43 » by BahamaBull » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:04 pm

Thibs: Even Rose doesn't know return date

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/p ... eturn-date
Keller61
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#44 » by Keller61 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:14 pm

Can everyone please post everything they post here in the discussion thread as well? It's really awkward trying to quote posts from this thread in the discussion thread.
BahamaBull
General Manager
And1: 2,123

Post#45 » by BahamaBull » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:36 pm

Rose making steady progress, but return still unknown

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls-talk/ro ... ll-unknown
LoveDaBoo
RealGM
And1: 1,961

Post#46 » by LoveDaBoo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:45 pm

Onion Sports Network ‏@OnionSports
Bulls Claim Derek Rose Looking Much More Comfortable On Bench | More NBA News: http://onion.com/YbcKko
Step 1: instead of "ass" say "buns." Like "kiss my buns" or "you're a buns-hole."
Woj: The NBA's Dickie Dunn.
khufure
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#47 » by khufure » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:05 pm

KC Johnson / Trib
With 16 games remaining in the Chicago Bulls' season, Derrick Rose doesn't feel like he's running out of time to return from last May's left knee surgery.

That's because, throughout the process, Rose has worked under the same premise.

"Whenever I’m ready, I’m going to be out there," Rose said after Thursday's morning shootaround at the Berto Center.

Sounding very much like a player who may sit all season, Rose talked encouragingly about what his game will look like whenever he returns. As for when that is?

"It can be tomorrow where I feel I can play next game," he said. "Nobody knows but God."

For those excited that Rose may say Friday that he's ready to play Saturday, listen to more of Rose's comments.

"Bad," Rose said, when asked how much he wants to play. "But knowing that my health is the biggest key. I’m only 24 years old. I got the whole future in front of me. I’m just trying to take my time.

"When I got my teammates behind me and they see how hard I’m pushing in practice and I’m seeing how hard they’re fighting for me on the court, it makes me want to go harder. It makes me want to be out there more too. But you have to look at the big picture."

Rose said he has suffered no setbacks but has endured normal pain as his activity level has increased.

"Still about the same where you warm up a little bit, be loose, then activity picks up and it gets back sore," Rose said, when asked if all pain is gone. "It’s going through that.

"I'm just getting used to my activity picked up a little bit. Just getting used to running, playing 5-on-5, doing everything I used to do."

Rose said he feels physically stronger from weightlifing and core work throughout the process, which passed the 10-month mark nine days ago.

"I’m way stronger," He said. "Just seeing how I’m going to put that in my game, I don’t know yet. When we’re playing 5-on-5, I’m trying to pick the right spots and really find out how strong I am.

"During 5-on-5, I’m very comfortable when I’m out there playing, If anything, it’s much easier because I can shoot the ball much better. Sometimes, you kind of think a little bit when I’m out there. That’s when I know I’ll be ready to play, when I’m out there not thinking but reacting."

Rose said he's confident he will return "a better player" and has drawn confidence seeing Timberwolves guard Ricky Rubio and Knicks swingman Iman Shumpert return from tearing their ACLs.

"I'm just trying to stay focused," Rose said. "Try not to listen to a lot of the people on the outside and just do my job. My job is to come in and push hard every day. My trainers have been doing a great job making sure I’m taking care of that. Just try to get out there as quickly as possible."
MICHAEL_JORDAN
Banned User
And1: 124

Post#49 » by MICHAEL_JORDAN » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,579

Post#50 » by Ice Man » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:07 pm

MICHAEL_JORDAN wrote:Patrick Kane...

That would be Dr. Kane to you.
khufure
Assistant Coach

Post#51 » by khufure » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:52 pm

SephCast
Bench Warmer
And1: 95

Post#52 » by SephCast » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:27 pm

http://www.csnchicago.com/video_content ... 1-1-drills

Rose looks pretty good here....don't know if this counts as news. Has to count more than Bleacherreport.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#53 » by johnnyvann840 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:13 am

Breaking news..

TexansFanatic wrote:Waka Flocka Flame ‏@WakaFlockaBSM 20m
Word is D.Rose back #****

https://twitter.com/WakaFlockaBSM/statu ... 4399904769

Waka Flocka Flame... folks.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Mr Funk
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by Mr Funk » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:09 pm

Rose says he still experiences normal pain in his left knee when his workload increases.

(Source: K.C. Johnson)
Mr Funk
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by Mr Funk » Tue Apr 2, 2013 7:57 pm

"I'm hearing from people that he looks very good. A matter of fact I spoke to a couple of players the other day after they beat Miami, that night. They say that Derrick Rose has been practicing. Derrick Rose has been looking very, very good. They believe primarily it's in his head, but they support him coming back when he feels comfortable. But they say from what they see, they expect him to be back for the playoffs. They believe he can do it. They believe he will do it, and they believe his presence alone will elevate them to be the primary challenger to the Miami Heat for the Eastern Conference Finals."

- Stephen A. Smith

link

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#56 » by dice » Tue Apr 2, 2013 9:50 pm

mods delete commentary
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
lukeman89
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#57 » by lukeman89 » Wed Apr 3, 2013 2:18 am

Mr Funk
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by Mr Funk » Wed Apr 3, 2013 11:14 pm

Rose told Chris Broussard recently that he'd be open to returning during the playoffs:

Rose told ESPN's Chris Broussard recently that he would be open to returning to action during the playoffs, a feeling shared by Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau.

(Source: Nick Friedell)
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,381

Post#59 » by fleet » Wed Apr 3, 2013 11:42 pm

dice wrote:mods delete commentary

got it! Report commentary for deletion.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
khufure
Assistant Coach

Post#60 » by khufure » Fri Apr 5, 2013 4:10 pm

Sam smith wrote
Before the game, Thibodeau delivered another no news, news report on Derrick Rose as he gets more such questions when the Bulls are in New York.

Said Thibodeau: “He’s close, but he’s not going to come back until he’s ready. He feels a lot better. But he’s still not there. His skill set is power, speed, stop, go, change of direction. So he has to make sure he’s completely comfortable with that. And he’s close, but he’s not quite there yet.”

Close?

“If you have the ability to do it every day,” added Thibodeau. “Right now we’re not doing a lot of scrimmaging because of where we are. So it’s hard to gauge. But when we did scrimmage, I thought he looked very good. The most important thing is him being comfortable. So we’ve got to let him work through it. He’s gotten more comfortable, he’s moving along. He’s just got to keep doing the things that he’s doing. We talk every day. So we’ll know when he’s ready and he’ll communicate that. He’s very strong willed. He’s not going to be swayed by anybody. He’ll know when he’s ready. It’s on him and only he knows. So we trust him and as I said many times, I trust him implicitly and he’ll know when he’s ready, and when he is, he’ll go.”

Return to Chicago Bulls