ImageImage

Jennings, oh he mad (Tweets against Boylan-page 11)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Re: Jennings, oh he mad 

Post#161 » by europa » Mon Apr 1, 2013 12:51 am

coolhandluke121 wrote:I could see maybe trading him to Orlando for Jameer Nelson and a protected pick of some sort.

As a Tobes fan, the last thing I want to see is Jennings on his team again.
Nothing will not break me.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#162 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Apr 1, 2013 6:04 am

Seriously, how does this not at least make one of the blogs on jsonline? Damn cowards.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/20 ... r/2040893/
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#163 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Apr 1, 2013 6:07 am

theFireBlanket wrote:
Image OOOO! Get 'im Brandon. Boylan... smh.

"Didn't know it was 10 pts plays"?

Yeah, maybe you should've gone to college, dipsh*t.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#164 » by paul » Mon Apr 1, 2013 6:25 am

europa wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:I could see maybe trading him to Orlando for Jameer Nelson and a protected pick of some sort.

Seconded. That would be right up there with Skiles getting the GS head coaching job next season for me...

As for Jennings, if we even consider matching any deal for this f'ing child I'll be apoplectic, that includes the vet minimum. Don't let him walk, make him run and get him the hell off my team.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,863

Post#165 » by RiotPunch » Mon Apr 1, 2013 6:45 am

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,551

Post#166 » by blazza18 » Mon Apr 1, 2013 6:53 am

Would love to see Boylan not start with Jennings against Charlotte. Just for the lols.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#167 » by El Duderino » Mon Apr 1, 2013 6:54 am

europa wrote:

If we got a first round pick for Jennings, i wouldn't give a crap at all if it negatively effected Tobias given he's no longer a Buck. I'd just be ecstatic that not only did we get that pick, also that would mean Brandon didn't get some long term deal from us.

Obviously that Redick/Harris trade was a trainwreck, and i wish Tobias well in general since he seems like a good guy and it would also make Hammond look like an even bigger idiot than he already is, but i have zero loyalty to the Orlando Magic which is now where Harris plays.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,704

Post#168 » by AussieBuck » Mon Apr 1, 2013 6:58 am

I don't imagine paul cares about Orlando's long term prospects he just likes having Orlando as a watchable team. :D
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#169 » by paul » Mon Apr 1, 2013 9:00 am

AussieBuck wrote:I don't imagine paul cares about Orlando's long term prospects he just likes having Orlando as a watchable team. :D

:thumbsup:
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,551

Post#170 » by blazza18 » Mon Apr 1, 2013 9:47 am

It is good having an early game on that is somewhat watchable.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#171 » by jr lucosa » Mon Apr 1, 2013 11:58 am

I don't like his tweet obviously, but on the subject of calling timeouts in those types of situations, I hate it. Not every player is going to be ballsy/stupid enough to tweet it, but any time a coach calls a timeout there every player on the team is thinking something similar to what Brandon tweeted.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,994

Re: Jennings, oh he mad (Tweets against Boylan-page 11) 

Post#172 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Apr 1, 2013 12:46 pm

I miss the days of Charlie V. tweeting from the locker room at halftime that the Bucks will beat the Celtics.

Frank has a good story from a couple days ago. No question he's self destructing to play his way out of town. This is just like Gary Sheffield. I just hope the we've correctly assessed the talent potential here, which we didn't do with Sheffield.

http://www.brewhoop.com/2013/3/28/41574 ... jim-boylan

".....The data doesn't do Jennings any favors: the Bucks are a whopping 9.1 pts/100 possessions better defensively without him this year and similarly surrendered +10.8 pts/100 with him on the court last year. Those numbers are nothing short of hideous, particularly considering that the Bucks haven't had any good defenders at the point to make Jennings' numbers look bad in comparison. It's the flip side to Beno Udrih's sudden transformation into a +/- darling while he was in Milwaukee. And in case you're wondering, the Bucks are 3.3 pts/100 worse defensively with Ellis on the court, but he's more than made up for it offensively, where the Bucks are over 6 pts/100 better when Ellis is in. In contrast, the Bucks actually score slightly less when Jennings is in.......
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,056

Post#173 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Apr 1, 2013 1:22 pm

I have the hardest time gauging Jennings. Some days I think he could go somewhere and blow up. Other days I think he's just going to fade into basketball irrelevance. He'll be a flashy but inconsistent starter on a bad team, or a spark plug guy off the bench some nights for a good team (e.g. Nate Robinson).

My biggest concerns with him are...

1. He's in his 4th year now and there are still clearly immaturity issues. At some point you have to grow up.
2. He quits very easy and has a weak mental make-up. That's hard to change if that's your DNA.
3. He struggles to get to the line. I mean 4 years in and he still isn't getting any calls. And clearly he shys away from contact.
4. He has a wiry frame and will he break down as he gets older?
5. At this point he is not a good leader, and you need that out of your point guard. He may be liked, but I don't think he's a guy that team is willing to all out go to battle with.
6. He's kind of a front runner who is clearly caught up in the big market, celebrity thing. And as he gets older that ego is just going to keep growing.
7. And I hate how entitled he seems to be. What has really done in the league?

His 3PT% has been alright and he has some raw skills, so you'd hate to give up on him and then it clicks. But I just am not sure its going to click, and especially here where the marriage is on thin ice.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,704

Post#174 » by AussieBuck » Mon Apr 1, 2013 1:28 pm

Sucks that we are stuck with little more than basic +/- since the only advanced guy who wasn't bought out by a team went mad and ruined his stuff. The best 4 year study had Ellis at break even where his offense made up for his d at around 52TS%. I could see Jennings as being similar.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#175 » by SkilesTheLimit » Mon Apr 1, 2013 1:47 pm

I can make a list of my frustrations with Jennings too, but one of my most recent frustrations is his ability to turn on and turn off his ability to create for teammates and make assists. He went through the stretch with 10+ assist games and then has seemingly forgotten how to pass. For a guy who said he was a passing guard his whole life and nobody realizes it to a guy who reverts back to the "easy" thing for him: chucker.

Get him off my team. It's going NOWHERE with him as the leader.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#176 » by smauss » Mon Apr 1, 2013 2:01 pm

Jennings is what he is and will always be just that. He is not a core piece imho. I have never thought he would be; I've been patient through the years but now I'm done! No more waiting, no more hoping, just get his chest thumping mediocre backside out of here..... :evil:
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
yuedar
Rookie
And1: 58

Post#177 » by yuedar » Mon Apr 1, 2013 5:17 pm

the only way I could see Jennings 'blowing up' is if he landed on a team with some serious veteran presence to it. Sorta like the rondo situation with the celtics. Jennings wouldn't have gotten away with anything with those 3 in the locker room.
Other then that he probably won't get 'it' for another 4 years or so and by then he will probably be jumping to a title contender doing the old chasing a title through some other established team technique like so many others are and will be doing.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#178 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Apr 1, 2013 5:31 pm

Jennings should be suspended one game IMO.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#179 » by HurricaneKid » Mon Apr 1, 2013 5:32 pm

He is exactly what a contender WOULDN'T want. And I am not convinced he is all that interested in winning a title. I think he would prefer having the rock in his hands, scoring an inefficient 20ppg and getting paid.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#180 » by bigkurty » Mon Apr 1, 2013 6:09 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I miss the days of Charlie V. tweeting from the locker room at halftime that the Bucks will beat the Celtics.

Frank has a good story from a couple days ago. No question he's self destructing to play his way out of town. This is just like Gary Sheffield. I just hope the we've correctly assessed the talent potential here, which we didn't do with Sheffield.

http://www.brewhoop.com/2013/3/28/41574 ... jim-boylan

".....The data doesn't do Jennings any favors: the Bucks are a whopping 9.1 pts/100 possessions better defensively without him this year and similarly surrendered +10.8 pts/100 with him on the court last year. Those numbers are nothing short of hideous, particularly considering that the Bucks haven't had any good defenders at the point to make Jennings' numbers look bad in comparison. It's the flip side to Beno Udrih's sudden transformation into a +/- darling while he was in Milwaukee. And in case you're wondering, the Bucks are 3.3 pts/100 worse defensively with Ellis on the court, but he's more than made up for it offensively, where the Bucks are over 6 pts/100 better when Ellis is in. In contrast, the Bucks actually score slightly less when Jennings is in.......

Wow, those are some crazy numbers. I knew his D was bad but I didn't know it was that bad. The number has actually grown to 9.8 now rather than 9.1 too since brewhoop posted the article.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks