ImageImageImage

CHA - MIN

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,012

CHA - MIN 

Post#1 » by shrink » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:01 pm

Here's some great information from over at the KFAN board, that I thought you guys would like to see:

NattaNerNutta wrote:Sorry it's been so long since my last little bit of info to spill, but to be honest, my connection, "Billy", has been swamped and I wasn't able to get through to him for a meaningfull chat until just last night.

Like always, you can take my info with a grain of salt. You don't have to believe a word I say because I understand some people on here (bits) just pull random sh*t out of their azz for attention. I on the other hand just happen to have a buddy who has access to info, one who I chit-chat from time to time about our beloved teams (we cellar dweller team fans gotta stick together).

Once again, take it for what you will, I'm only passing on info he has passed down to me through our conversations.

So without further ado.....

1) Bobcats still want cap space. Their main goal is to unload contracts to take a swing at a couple big Free Agents. They still feel the best way to do this is by way of dealing the #4 pick. However, with Clifford now on board it seems far less likely that the #4 pick would be moved as a salary dump. Clifford has his eyes on drafting a big, a point further drove home by his hiring of Patrick Ewing. It's looking far more likely that should Charlotte keep their pick it will be for Len (if available), Noel (also if available), or Zeller. "Billy" has let me in on how this effects our Wolves (read. 3).

2) Charlotte has gauged interest in moving in and trying to trade for DeAndre Jordon. They do realize that they really don't have much of interest to the Clippers, that they would be willing to give up. When asked what the Clips had interest in.....MKG. Which is not going to happen in the eyes of the Bobcats camp. And the Bobcats really don't have too much interest in Bledsoe, at least not to the point that they would be willing to part with MKG.

3) Bobcats have called the Wolves multiple times on multiple situations.

- going directly into the "drafting a big" talk, the Cats have talked to Minnesota about interest in a S&T for Pekovic. "Billy" couldn't let me in on too much but did give me some details. The talks centered around a "tossed around propasal" in the lines of a S&T Pek for a S&T Gerald Henderson and a/multiple future 1st rounder (possibly Portland's or Detroits). From what I was told talks were shot down, but the lines are still open to a modification of the deal depending on how the draft shakes out. Meaning if Minnesota drafts a big the lines of communication might have opened up with us maybe moving Pek and drafting his replacement. In a nutshell, Charlotte would love to get Pek, and would much rather tie it up nice and neat with a quick S&T, rather than having to make an offer and have his cap hold slow down their big plans in FA.

- There has been back and forth chatter about Minnesota moving up to the #4, but the Cats are asking for too much. The asking cost , if Minnesota isn't willing to take Tyrus Thomas, was Derrick Williams, #9, and #26.....waaaaay to rich for anyones blood, but these are the first chatters so you know everyone comes out with a less than appropriate offer. The point of it is, "if a team wants to trade up without taking on a bad contract, they have to pay....period". When I asked what it would take if we did take on Tyrus, he replied with a scenario of the #9 & #26. And maybe work out a deal later for Williams. Their thought process is, if you won't take Tyrus, we will give up the #4, but we want three pieces to rebuild with, D-Will, a big at #9 (Zeller or Adams, and a SG at #26. Actually pretty savvy on their part.

- There is still serious interest in Derrick Williams in the Bobcats' camp. As mentioned above, they would like him included in a deal, either for the #4 pick, or as another deal once the new season is official (July 1st). Once again the Bobcats keep baiting their hook with Gerald Henderson and/or one of Portland/Detroit's 1st rounders owed as ground to start talking trade.

4)All in all, Charlotte would like some scenerio where they quickly fill needs in the frontcourt and a replacement at SG for Hendo. Keep in mind they love Hendo, they just think he will demend too much and would prove to be a situation that would slow down their plans in FA. From talking to "Billy" he feels they would like a situation where they can draft/trade for a Center, trade for D-Will, and make another move to replace Hendo at SG with either a high draft pick (say McLemore or Victor with their #4) or deal for anotehr option.

5) Fall back plans for a SG would be Iggy if they strike out on Josh Smith, and they even have an interest in Eric Gordon, but only if other plans don't pan out.

Well, thanks for hanging in there and reading this "Wall-o-text"...once again I'm more than happy to share any little bit of info I get, and I'll make sure I pass on anymore if I get something worth passing on.

Hopefully I can get a little more info when it gets closer to the draft, but in all honestly it will more than likely be hard to get in touch with my buddy.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
shrink
RealGM

Re: CHA - MIN 

Post#2 » by shrink » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:05 pm

Interesting stuff on Tyrus, but I agree the asking price is way too high. I still think the correct package will be Ben Gordon.

MIN GETS: Gordon + #4 + POR 1st
CHA GETS: Williams + #9 + Steimsma + Ridnour

.. then CHA trades Ridnour to a third team, like UTA, for cap space.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
shrink
RealGM

Post#3 » by shrink » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:06 pm

A Pek sign-and-trade could be interesting. I'm not a big fan of Hendo, but CHA's picks could both be pretty good:

POR 1st round pick
2014 - Top 12 Protected
2015 - Top 12 Protected
2016 - Unprotected

DET 1st round pick
2014 - Top 8 Protected
2015 - Top 1 Protected
2016 - Unprotected

It might work if we were making that Nene deal with WAS. Lots of moving parts then though.
shrink
RealGM

Post#4 » by shrink » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:07 pm

And while I'm optimistic on Williams, I'd gladly swap him for the #4 straight up.

Happy to hear CHA likes him that much.
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#5 » by cpfsf » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:13 pm

does he have any legitimacy? i'm generally skeptical of people who claim to have sources much less those who would actually share the "insider" information.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#6 » by Nitroglycerin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Cats office playing smart. If i were them i would also offer Tyrus only to salary dump. Ben is expiring so theres no need to dump him
But Tyrus's contract would cripple us and its not worth it. Unless we swing him to another team which is imposible

Maybe CHA offers Gordon, then we swing him to a third team(if they are not satisfied with our assets) with playoff aspirations and send a valuable asset(pick,awesome prospect) to CHA
Trust the PRosas!
shrink
RealGM

Post#7 » by shrink » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:40 pm

Kahn touch this wrote:Cats office playing smart. If i were them i would also offer Tyrus only to salary dump. Ben is expiring so theres no need to dump him
But Tyrus's contract would cripple us and its not worth it. Unless we swing him to another team which is imposible

Maybe CHA offers Gordon, then we swing him to a third team(if they are not satisfied with our assets) with playoff aspirations and send a valuable asset(pick,awesome prospect) to CHA

I agree that Tyrus is a crippler for us over the next few years ad we try to stay under the lux. Ben Gordon may not be, since it's only for one year.

A season of Ben, while expensive, isn't necessarily a bad thing -- yeah, he's overpaid for one year, but we're win-now.. something we forget when we mentally just plug Olidapo or McLemore into the starting line-up.

CHA has extra incentive to move Ben Gordon right now for a couple reasons. First, he was a problem in the clubhouse. Second, if they move him now, they are under the cap, so they get back additional cap space. We don't know if that's true the following season, because we don't know what deals they are adding in free agency this year. Third, moving Ben now is good timing because there are so many SG options available to replace him this off-season.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#8 » by Nitroglycerin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Then if we get Gordon from the trade up.. How would his contract affect our plans in signing Pek, AK and Bud?
And Ben is a sixth man at best.. His too expensive even for only 1 year. If Flip wants shooting then he could definitely find elsewhere like in the draft,free agency,trades,etc. You said it yourself there are a lot of SG's available in the market. The main priority are still Pek,AK and Bud
Trust the PRosas!
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#9 » by C.lupus » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:59 pm

shrink wrote:Interesting stuff on Tyrus, but I agree the asking price is way too high. I still think the correct package will be Ben Gordon.

MIN GETS: Gordon + #4 + POR 1st

We can't afford that, can we?
shrink
RealGM

Post#10 » by shrink » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:24 pm

C.lupus wrote:
shrink wrote:Interesting stuff on Tyrus, but I agree the asking price is way too high. I still think the correct package will be Ben Gordon.

MIN GETS: Ben Gordon + #4 + POR 1st

We can't afford that, can we?

It might cost us the use of the MLE this year, if we don't make some other moves. We're still not sure where the lux threshold will come down - most organizations think it will be higher than this year. We also have good contracts, and the ability to trade back under the threshold before the February trade deadline.

Kevin Love $14,693,906
Ben Gordon $13,200,000
Nikola Pekovic $11,000,000?
Andrei Kilenko $10,219,420
J.J. Barea $4,687,000
#4 pick $3,857,040
Chase Buddinger $3,700,000?
Ricky Rubio $3,678,358
Alexey Shved $3,066,667
Dante Cunningham $2,180,000
Chris Johnson $916,099
Malcolm Lee $884,293
veteran min $500,000

MINNESOTA TOTALS $72,582,783

Rubio/Barea/Shved
Gordon/Olidapo/Lee
Kirilenko/Budinger
Love/Cunningham
Pekovic/Johnson/vet min

Next year, Gordon and probably Kirilenko are gone, so our finances wouldn't be so tight.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#11 » by Dewey » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:01 pm

D.Williams/Ridnour/#26 ---->>> #4/Thomas ... we send them a starting Forward, 1st round pick, and take back a bad contract for #4.

Then draft say McLemore #4 ... Pick BPA #9 ... draft Rodney Williams and Euro in 2nd round ... let AK, Gelebale, and Steamer walk

Here, I'd like to find a way to acquire a veteran SF (like Iggy for example) to fill the SF spot cause I dont think we want rookie wings starting, so we could use the #9 in the process.... not quite sure how we'd get this done, but I there has to be a way we can hook up with a veteran SF somehow.

Rube/McLemore/Iggy?/Love/Pek
JJB/Shved/Bud/R.Williams/Cunningham/Thomas/Johnson
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
[RCG]
Head Coach
And1: 135

Post#12 » by [RCG] » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:37 pm

Or we could just keep AK.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#13 » by Dewey » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:56 pm

[RCG] wrote:Or we could just keep AK.

Yep ... My original point was if we move up 3,4 etc instead of #1, we should not have to include both DW and #9 ... Then I started to babble and hit submit. Washington and Charlotte would be about right for us to still get McLemore or Oladipo
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
shrink
RealGM

Post#14 » by shrink » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:45 pm

While many CHA posters have said they hate williams and wouldn't do #9 + Williams for #4, it's interesting to see a mod start a stickied thread about who they should pick at #9.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1257914
Maefteda
Sixth Man
And1: 575

Post#15 » by Maefteda » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:58 pm

That's just their version of a big board. They have probably stickied picks 1 through 8 as well.

Interesting to see them go for Bennett at number 2 when they are SOOOOO opposed to trading their pick for Williams and #9. Noel will be gone when they pick anyway. Now there are rumors they are trading away MKG as well. What a horrible organization.
shrink
RealGM

Post#16 » by shrink » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:58 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:I do think Charlotte would move #4 and Hendo for Pek.

But Minny needs 4 for a guard and can't be left without a center and would still have D. Williams stuck behind Love.

Minny is crazy if they think D. Williams and 9 is enough to move up to 2 or 4.

I would keep trying for Pek as it seems Minnesota is desperate for Oladipo or McLemore.

Lots of back and forth over on the CHA board, but let me ask .. would we do that deal?

We could certainly do a further trade that brings in a lesser center (Perkins, Okafor, Nene) and some nice incentive if there were minutes at the center slot.
shrink
RealGM

Post#17 » by shrink » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:01 pm

On further review, combining a Pek S&T with picks this year is tough.

However, CHA has two sweet future picks available, POR (maybe without Aldridge?) and DET (top 1 protected next season)
LordBaldric
General Manager
And1: 1,970

Post#18 » by LordBaldric » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:31 pm

Bobcats shopping MKG.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/06/25 ... to-porter/

Says they want to replace him with Porter.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#19 » by Krapinsky » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:37 pm

LordBaldric wrote:Bobcats shopping MKG.

Same guy said we might be able to trade Love + 9 for Noel.

EDIT: Love + 9 + 26 + 2014 #1 for Noel.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#20 » by Grits n Gravy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:35 pm

LordBaldric wrote:Bobcats shopping MKG.

That's ridiculous IMO I don't know where these guys get their info but I can't see Charlotte shopping the guy they selected number 2 who had a pretty solid season.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves