MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,213

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Andray Blatche Thread 

Post#1101 » by MikeTheKid » Sun Dec 2, 2012 2:52 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
MikeTheKid wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
AB scored an efficient 20 points. His first words after the game: "How the Wizards are doing?" That isn't what I noticed, however.

Avery Johnson is playing Jerry Stackhouse and Keith Bogans over Marshon Brooks? That is some very suspect coaching.

I believe last week or 10 days ago I posted in the trade thread about Marshon Brooks and how he wasn't in the Nets rotation right now, lets make a play for him I really wanted him in the 2011 draft. As far as the Jordan Crawford comparison I still a very young Kobe in his game. If Avery doesn't want to play him lets make a play for him.

I missed your post. I wanted Brooks, too. In the trade thread I repeated your idea. Crawford for Brooks is something I would do in a heartbeat.

Only problem is Im sure the Nets are going to want something extra in that deal, if they took it straight up for JC I may pass out.

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#1102 » by closg00 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:13 pm

Here are the top five MIP award candidates so far this season:

1. Andray Blatche, Brooklyn Nets
Baseline: .037 | Current: .177 | Probability: 0.0001

Blatche's inefficient play in past seasons was largely a by-product of his atrocious shot selection. Prior to this season, Blatche took 57 percent of his shots from inside 10 feet and made them at a 54 percent rate while taking 43 percent of his shots from 10 feet or beyond and converting those at a 35 percent rate.

However, this season, he's taking 74 percent of his shots from inside 10 feet (making them at a 53 percent rate) while taking just 26 percent of his shots from 10 feet or beyond (making those at a 35 percent rate).

Note that while Blatche's field goal percentages are roughly the same, his shot distribution has dramatically changed. This season, he has traded inefficient mid- to long-range shots for more efficient short-range shots.

This has had a huge effect on Blatche's scoring efficiency. His effective field goal percentage has increased from a career norm of .462 to .487 (because he is taking more efficient shots), while his free throw attempts have increased from a career norm of 3.7 per 36 minutes to 5.3 per 36 minutes (because he is taking more shots closer to the basket).

This translates into a career-best .536 true shooting percentage for Blatche, a figure made even more impressive when you consider that he is also posting the highest usage percentage and lowest turnover percentage of his career.

Blatche is contributing to Brooklyn in other ways, as well, putting up career highs in offensive rebound percentage, defensive rebound percentage and steal percentage.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/ ... ed-players

Andray Blatche, questionable character and MIP candidate.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,298

Post#1103 » by dobrojim » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:14 am

without looking at any stats, advanced or otherwise, I'm not sure I
would trade Crawford for Brooks. Could be very wrong about that
and I await some statistical refutation if that is the case.

didn't I just read in a another thread how Brooks ain't even
in the rotation for BKN these days.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
MikeTheKid
Head Coach

Post#1104 » by MikeTheKid » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:07 am

dobrojim wrote:without looking at any stats, advanced or otherwise, I'm not sure I
would trade Crawford for Brooks. Could be very wrong about that
and I await some statistical refutation if that is the case.

didn't I just read in a another thread how Brooks ain't even
in the rotation for BKN these days.

After Avery got the boot PJ has him back in the rotation
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#1105 » by closg00 » Thu Mar 7, 2013 1:17 am

Per the Tap article, Humphries is out of the Nets rotation.
Nivek
Head Coach
And1: 959

Post#1106 » by Nivek » Thu Mar 7, 2013 3:12 pm

Blatche's production has been feathering down, at least in my stat analysis. His PPA was ~155-160 range early in the season. It's now down to 132 in my most recent update. Still a career best mark for him. That "breakout" year from him that got him the contract extension from the Wizards, he had a PPA of 99. The next season, 2009-10, his PPA was 107. Average is 100.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach

Post#1107 » by MikeTheKid » Thu Mar 7, 2013 3:36 pm

Nivek wrote:Blatche's production has been feathering down, at least in my stat analysis. His PPA was ~155-160 range early in the season. It's now down to 132 in my most recent update. Still a career best mark for him. That "breakout" year from him that got him the contract extension from the Wizards, he had a PPA of 99. The next season, 2009-10, his PPA was 107. Average is 100.

IIRC I remember on the Nets board some guys were saying that they noticed Blatche looking a bit fluffy again in the midsection and his production was going down a bit
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#1108 » by keynote » Thu Mar 7, 2013 5:19 pm

MikeTheKid wrote:
IIRC I remember on the Nets board some guys were saying that they noticed Blatche looking a bit fluffy again in the midsection and his production was going down a bit

No surprise there. Blatche has likely hired more fluffers than trainers in his life.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#1109 » by BigA » Thu Mar 7, 2013 8:45 pm

keynote wrote:
MikeTheKid wrote:

No surprise there. Blatche has likely hired more fluffers than trainers in his life.

:lol: Giving this post HOF consideration.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#1110 » by hands11 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:35 pm

Supreme Douche.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... t-Contract

Andray Blatche does not intend to maximize the monetary value of his next contract.

Blatche will be an unrestricted free agent this summer.

“I’m very aware (of my unique situation),” Blatche said. “That’s what I’m saying. Everybody is probably thinking I’m looking to get that big check. I’m not. Not at all. I’m looking at what’s best for me.”

Blatche was amnestied by the Washington Wizards and is still getting paid by the team through the 2014-15 season.

Any compensation Blatche receives in his next deal will be deducted from what the Wizards owe him.

“If I get a lot (in my next contract), yeah, it’s going to take pressure off the Wizards,” Blatche said. “But that’s why I’m not going to do that.”

---

First off, I didn't realize this was the case. Looks like, you amnesty a player and they go on waivers. If they are picked up, they get subtracted from what you owe them. If they make it through and a team picks them up, that money does not get subtracted. But if they then sign another new contract after that, that money does. Interesting.

As for Dray, I can understand him not being worried about the money since he is already getting paid. He should go where he wants. But to add the comment that he will take less on purpose from a new team just to screw the Wizards, that is pure King Douche. Specially since its not a cap hit but a hit directly to Teds personal pocket. What an ass.

Get over it Dray. They paid you. They tried to make it work with you here. It didn't. You are the one that blow it way more then anything they did. Have some respect for the fact that they actually gave you that nice contact that is paying you 7M a year, then 8, then 8.5 regardless of where you are playing.

If you had any decency about you, you would realize that and your comment would be the exact opposite and sound something different such as....

Hey, it a weird business the way things work out. I do respect the fact that the Wizards did give me my first chance in the league and they did offer my the contract that I am on that is still paying me. Things might not have work out in total for me there, but I am aware of the situation and I respect it impact on Ted. I appreciate they offered me that contract. If my new contract takes some pressure off Ted, that seems fair.

But whatever team I go to, they will be my new team. They know I am already getting paid. So anything they would offer me up to that would just be less money they have to sign other players and it goes against their cap. So unless there is a bidding war for my services where someone is will to pay more then my existing contract.... see what I'm saying. What I know is this. Whoever signs me has to pay at least the vet min right ?. That much at least will come off what Ted is currently paying me. Again, its a weird situation. I'll be happy when it over and the team I play for is the one paying my full check.

At least that would have been classy. But we are talking about Dray here.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#1111 » by nuposse04 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:55 pm

If I could find a way to douche over EG and Ted I'd prolly do it too. So, I guess I can't be too mad at him.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#1112 » by TGW » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:32 pm

nuposse04 wrote:If I could find a way to douche over EG and Ted I'd prolly do it too. So, I guess I can't be too mad at him.

Why? What did they do other than overpay him and give him a free reign to play like a crap?

No other team treats mediocre players with such high regard as do the Wizards.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#1113 » by nuposse04 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:06 pm

^So they learn their lesson? It is a douche move, don't get me wrong, but the franchise needs this kind of public humiliation in order for FO heads to roll.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#1114 » by TGW » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:40 pm

nuposse04 wrote:^So they learn their lesson? It is a douche move, don't get me wrong, but the franchise needs this kind of public humiliation in order for FO heads to roll.

Well in that case, I totally agree. I just wouldn't agree if Blatche was using that as a reason. Ted and EG treated that guy like a king.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
DANNYLANDOVER
Veteran
And1: 438

Post#1115 » by DANNYLANDOVER » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:12 am

I read that earlier too. What a shameless, pathetic and vengeful human being Blatche is. This organization pretty much made him relevant and rich, but all he gave back was unprofessionalism (is that even a word?). I hope he's out of the league real soon.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,363

Post#1116 » by verbal8 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:26 pm

DANNYLANDOVER wrote:I read that earlier too. What a shameless, pathetic and vengeful human being Blatche is. This organization pretty much made him relevant and rich, but all he gave back was unprofessionalism (is that even a word?). I hope he's out of the league real soon.

It is really interesting the contrast between him and Arenas. Arenas who it would be understandable if he was bitter seems to be pretty happy with his situation.

Blatche seems to have far more bitterness than would be justifiable. He could probably even spin his approach to what us best for him, pursuing a championship etc. however he chose to hide his pettiness.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,699

Post#1117 » by montestewart » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:15 pm

verbal8 wrote:
DANNYLANDOVER wrote:I read that earlier too. What a shameless, pathetic and vengeful human being Blatche is. This organization pretty much made him relevant and rich, but all he gave back was unprofessionalism (is that even a word?). I hope he's out of the league real soon.

It is really interesting the contrast between him and Arenas. Arenas who it would be understandable if he was bitter seems to be pretty happy with his situation.

Blatche seems to have far more bitterness than would be justifiable. He could probably even spin his approach to what us best for him, pursuing a championship etc. however he chose to hide his pettiness.

Almost everyone associated with the NBA, players, coaches, announcers, even a lot of non-DC fans, know his being out of shape and his penchant for playing away from the basket (low rebounding, low % shots, laughable dribbling, silly TOs) had a lot to do with his blowing his chance to be Jamison's replacement, and his getting amnestied. Remember when he was whining about being underpaid just before the extension?

After all that suckiness, the Wizards freed him to sign with anyone, and he latched onto a near-true contender in Brooklyn, that essentially forced him into a close-to-the-basket role that seems to have eliminated many of his decision making shortcomings. Since he's looking so good in that role, he has a chance to sign with and play a significant role with the Nets or some other possible contender. With up to $23 million in 2013-2015 subsidized by the Wizards, who unfortunately extended his contract in the first place.

No way any other team would sign him for what the Wizards will be paying him. He's basically yelling, "Sucka!" Blatche's take just screams "I'm a team player."
hands11
Banned User

Post#1118 » by hands11 » Tue Jul 2, 2013 2:13 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... -With-Nets

While the Brooklyn Nets remain interested in re-signing Andray Blatche, the unrestricted free agent has also received interest from the Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Clippers.

Blatche signed with the Nets last offseason and was one of the NBA's leaders in PER.

Update: Peter Vecsey and Howard Beck report that Blatche has reached an agreement with the Nets. Beck reports the deal is worth $1.4 million for one season.

As reported by Sam Amick, Blatche will have his early Bird rights next summer.

===

Well I didn't expect much more relief for a new Dray contract for Ted, but its something. At least it only for one year. So Ted saves 1.4M of the 7.8M he is owned next year. Then the year after, Ted could get a lot more relief. Maybe Dray get upward of 5, 6 or 7M. That a good chuck of the final bill for Dray which is 8.4M

So Dray Doucheness has been limited to just this next year. We have to hope.

We need to make signs for when they come here.

DRAY IS A NECK FAT DOUCHE BAG.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#1119 » by Knighthonor » Tue Jul 2, 2013 3:36 am

Can dray play the 4 in his current form? Man with nice all around game like he had, he would be a nice replacement for Nene. Oh well..
hands11
Banned User

Post#1120 » by hands11 » Tue Jul 2, 2013 3:42 am

Knighthonor wrote:Can dray play the 4 in his current form? Man with nice all around game like he had, he would be a nice replacement for Nene. Oh well..

They wanted him gone and wanted to turn the page.

Water under the bridge. We are getting the leader of men instead. 8-)

Return to Washington Wizards