Image ImageImage Image

NBA 2k: OMG Trailer

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Tenchi Ryu
RealGM
And1: 6,426

Re: NBA 2k: OMG Trailer 

Post#41 » by Tenchi Ryu » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:34 pm

MAQ wrote:Lol...Seeing as how I'm a 2K fanboy, I'm going to have to raise an eyebrow to you saying he was there before the blew up...The transition to 2K from live started with 2k6, 2K7...Those years Live was just completely unbearable and that's when a massive transition happened..

And that was just 2K getting their throne back. After Live 99, us Dreamcast OGs were blessed with 2K-2K3 that just blew live out of the water. Live 03 was pretty good, but had to wait til dreamcast died off to steal the thunder.
[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax
DRoseCantStop
RealGM
And1: 3,371

Post#42 » by DRoseCantStop » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:54 pm

TheAdmiral wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9xaRywnnQI[/youtube]

Player models and player movement definitely need polishing.

God, that made me cringe.

0:34 sounds like the rapper says "The truth is 2K" :lol:
Land Rover
Senior
And1: 264

Post#43 » by Land Rover » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:15 pm

ok well here it is, max detail PC version an entire game's worth... make sure to turn it up to 1080p! It is compressed so its not totally perfect and the Framerate is much smoother over 60fps but fraps only records at 30fps so it might look choppy. despite the random timeout calling and other crap I had to figure out the controls since i hooked up my ps3 controller ot my PC and it was a bit buggy to say the least and its my first game playing in ages, anyway watch if you want. Slam my noob gameplay if you want to as well :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwdCpTqpL0c
Hahn
Rookie
And1: 426

Post#44 » by Hahn » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:01 pm

DRoseCantStop wrote:
TheAdmiral wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9xaRywnnQI[/youtube]

Player models and player movement definitely need polishing.

God, that made me cringe.

0:34 sounds like the rapper says "The truth is 2K" :lol:

WOW how did you notice that? :lol:
Sever82
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#45 » by Sever82 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:09 am

Land Rover wrote:ok well here it is, max detail PC version an entire game's worth... make sure to turn it up to 1080p! It is compressed so its not totally perfect and the Framerate is much smoother over 60fps but fraps only records at 30fps so it might look choppy. despite the random timeout calling and other crap I had to figure out the controls since i hooked up my ps3 controller ot my PC and it was a bit buggy to say the least and its my first game playing in ages, anyway watch if you want. Slam my noob gameplay if you want to as well :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwdCpTqpL0c

Wait so this is the version you were hyping to be better than the next gen ps4 version we just saw? This just looks like smoother current gen but you can barely tell it's not on ps3. I'm sure if 2k makes a next gen version for the PC that it will be slightly better than a ps4 version but as of this year, 2k14 will be way above any PC bball game.
Frank Vogel (Pacer's Coach) on Derrick Rose: "Iverson's Speed, Jason Kidd's Vision, Chauncey Billups Shot and Michael Jordans Athleticism."
DRose4MVP
General Manager
And1: 214

Post#46 » by DRose4MVP » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:56 am

Basketball video games look terrible. The gameplay will never look like an actual NBA game does. Watching the gameplay and all the unrealistic passing, shots, and player movement in the video posted above gave me a headache.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/r_shinn
riprose
Pro Prospect
And1: 248

Post#47 » by riprose » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:11 am

OMG too much LBJ and rose dunked by kobe... i'll pass!
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#48 » by Hangtime84 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:16 am

DRose4MVP wrote:Basketball video games look terrible. The gameplay will never look like an actual NBA game does. Watching the gameplay and all the unrealistic passing, shots, and player movement in the video posted above gave me a headache.

2K has stated that their game is for the semi-casual fan. The fan who wants to see a lot of dunks and and-1 moves. I was hoping EA would take the approach and make more of a sem based video game, but looks like that isn't happening.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
MICHAEL_JORDAN
Banned User
And1: 124

Post#49 » by MICHAEL_JORDAN » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:27 am

Hangtime84 wrote:
DRose4MVP wrote:Basketball video games look terrible. The gameplay will never look like an actual NBA game does. Watching the gameplay and all the unrealistic passing, shots, and player movement in the video posted above gave me a headache.

2K has stated that their game is for the semi-casual fan. The fan who wants to see a lot of dunks and and-1 moves. I was hoping EA would take the approach and make more of a sem based video game, but looks like that isn't happening.

NBA live 95 and 96 ftw! 3 pointers all day
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM

Post#50 » by Tenchi Ryu » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:30 pm

Mike Wang ‏@Beluba 4m Almost time to talk about #NBA2K14 NextGen. Prepare for the avalanche of info!

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 42s Good crowd turnout. Around 50 ppl. Waiting for the event to begin. Will get a chance to talk to the devs and play the game.

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 18s Devs have walked up to the stage. Here we go……

Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K 24s The president of Visual Concepts up on stage calling #NBA2K14 next-gen truly "special." Says the hardware allows for a unique experience.

Ronnie 2K 2K14 ‏@Ronnie2K 7s
Jeff Thomas on: "This is not a port and is best hardware launch in history. Introducing a new game engine: EcoMotion"

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 54s More detailed my player. More hairstyles and facial hair.

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 51s #NBA2K14 brand new landing page and menu. 4 main pillars nba today, my career, my gm and my team.

Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K 48s Daily zap allows for stats, highlights from a real video. All your NBA news connected on your console updated DAILY.

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 57s #NBA2K14 nba today is brand new. Video highlights from previous days games. Menu looks like a scoreboard w/ all games listed.

#NBA2K14 5 on 5 gameplay coming up.

Ronnie 2K 2K14 ‏@Ronnie2K 57s NBA Today delivers new content daily and has sleekest design ever. Driven by Dynamic Living Rosters and Stats Inc.

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 28s #nba new starting lineup overlay. Gsw versus the heat.

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 12s Points of emphasis added to the game. Old NCAA2k feature.

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 11s No warmup outfit for bench players. Crowd much improved.

Ronnie 2K 2K14 ‏@Ronnie2K 3mArt director Anton Dawson on now talking about the thousands of little things. Had to change materials in game: vinyl, wood, cotton.

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 35s #NBA2K14 talking graphics now. Details are crazy. Even the rim has scuffs. Looks like 2k took each arena and really upgrades them.

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 3m#NBA2K14 Redid the scoreboards in each arena and the lighting in each arena. Def noticeable.

Ronnie 2K 2K14 ‏@Ronnie2K 1m "LEDs in score clock and jumbotron act like how LED is supposed to. Measured in Kelvin and reflected against other surfaces."

Ronnie 2K 2K14 ‏@Ronnie2K 1m
"Reproduce amount of lights in every arena"

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 2m#NBA2K14 watching Lebron face map. Asking him to make intense faces. Can’t lie the game has his and Kobe’s face down.

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 3m#NBA2K14 face mapped Kobe Bryant. KB helped with his player model. He loved the model.

Now showcasing LeBron getting head scanned. Showcasing the different faces players make. Screams, smiles, smug looks, focused faces etc...

Now showcasing Kobe Bryant getting head scanned. Kobe hung around while they built his model and his reaction was "GTFO here"

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 51s #NBA2K14 KD’s and Iguodala face maps. Both look great. Even have Kd’s bad skin. 2nd look at curry. Not as bad as I thought originally.

Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K 24s The team captured and head scanned constantly working around NBA schedules to capture nearly every player in the NBA.

Ronnie 2K 2K14 ‏@Ronnie2K now "With head scans, we weren't just trying to capture stills. wanted to get movement to capture emotion & unique face tissue of each player"

Ronnie 2K 2K14 ‏@Ronnie2K 33s
Now Mike Wang getting brought out to discuss gameplay.

Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K [Mike Wang] now Speaks about elevating the game harnessing the tech. Primarily in physics and animations. Foot planting clips shown.

Lead gameplay designer Mike Wang talking about gameplay. Speaking to Eco Motion. Says he's happy to announce the new game engine.

#NBA2K14 talking about Ecomotion. Foot planting. No sliding or phantom steps. Showed difference between cur and next gen.

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 43s #NBA2K14 looks great. Really no sliding. Now showing dribbling. Ball actually rotates while dribbling. Not in current gen.

Now speaking to the new animation system. Smooth transitional blends between moves, real life wing spans that affect gameplay.

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 now #NBA2K14 new animation system. Guys will have real life wingspans. New KD shoes look great.

Ronnie 2K 2K14 ‏@Ronnie2K 12s Animations: motion capture used to be 1 to 1 on game. Now animation synthesis creates a framework and animation changes...

Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K 16s Mike speaks about animation synthesis, Eco Motion - based on physics and situation, animations will change.

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 18s #NBA2K14 animation synthesis. Animation will change based on circumstances. If KD takes a shot and D is guarding him tight, anim will change

Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K 3s The game feels alive. For example, a shooter won't land the same way two times. Animation will adapt to the situation. Truly incredible.

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 13s Rob talks about points of emphasis. Every coach will have its own ai and strategize based on how the game is going. #NBA2K14

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 46s #NBA2K14 9 different options on o and d to strategize how to defend or attack ur opponent.

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 39s#NBA2K14 clip shows different defensive formations based on POE. Looks good in motion.

#NBA2K14 emotion plus is a new feature. Each player has a personality. Personality and game events can affect how a plot performs.

Ronnie 2K 2K14 ‏@Ronnie2K 18s Erick Boenisch now discussing features starting with MyGM.

Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K 4s Your MyPlayer becomes GM. Has unique attributes on how you react with owners, players and the world around you.

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 32s #NBA2K14 my gm mode. Ur my player is the gm. You have to manage player attitudes and have discussions with individual players.

Ronnie 2K 2K14 ‏@Ronnie2K 45s "We have built a completely new experience for franchise players. All your day to day experiences have no right or wrong answers."

#NBA2K14 don’t panic yet but my gm reminds me of ccm and I Hate ccm mode on madden. Didn’t see an option for playing franchise or season..

Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K now "This is my story and I ain't gonna let nobody write but me." More cinematicas shown. A completely NEW experience for MyCAREER.

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 16s graphics look great in my player. Rookie showcase is still the way you are drafted. #NBA2K14

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 38s Now seeing my player. New intros and storyline.

Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K 13s Complete cut scenes in MyCAREER. Team captured hundreds and hundreds of scenes. A rival, agent, buddies and a compete cast of characters.

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 8s #NBA2K14 49 hrs of gameplay in first year of my career. Cutscenes look great.

Jeff: "captured 1000s of cut scenes w actors & whole life of player. Every experience of being NBA player. All you want to see is next path"

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 4s #NBA2K14 can’t lie. My player looks incredible. I may play a lot more of that this year.

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 28s #NBA2K14 I’ll try to talk to the franchise dev to get some clarification about the changes to franchise mode.

Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K 21s Cut scenes of MyPlayer and rival jawing at each other before rookie showcase. The rival and MyPlayer do NOT like each other to say the least

Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K now Open field of courts shown with hundreds of MyPlayers playing. Quite a tease... Hmmmm... Conclusion of the presentation.

Aaron Holbert ‏@aholbert32 25s #NBA2K14 possible new online mode called the park. Looks like crew but I will need more information.

[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#51 » by BullChit » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:44 pm

eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
TheAdmiral
RealGM
And1: 1,213

Post#52 » by TheAdmiral » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:14 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFAkzKAR2yQ[/youtube]
D-31 wrote:again..all of u Jordan fans are caught up in his scoring accolades and fail to realize that he was a lousy basketball player.

Jordan never fully understood basketball. He had the lowest basketball IQ of any NBA "superstar" in history.
FecesOfDeath
Head Coach
And1: 1,675

Post#53 » by FecesOfDeath » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:29 am

The current-gen 2K14 game plays pretty realistically to me compared to last year's, though where some of last year's bugs were fixed, this year has introduced new ones.

The next-gen video shows improved cloth physics, higher-res textures, and slightly better animations, but I hope the extra hardware horsepower results more in better team AI and less in nicer graphics.

IMO, the discrepancy in graphical quality between the next-gen trailer at 1920 x 1080 resolution and current-gen NBA 2K14 version I'm playing on PC at 2560 x 1440 resolution is pretty small to me.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,703

Post#54 » by jc23 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:15 am

TheAdmiral wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFAkzKAR2yQ[/youtube]

pretty much what i expected out of the game. All you have to do i go back to every 2k/live launch game in the past and compare them to the same game 3-4 years down the line. Seriously go look at 2k8 compared to 2k11, huge difference on the same console.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM

Post#55 » by Tenchi Ryu » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:45 pm

[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax
DJHill
Pro Prospect
And1: 329

Post#56 » by DJHill » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:06 pm

^That looks incredible. The detail in KD's nappy ass hair is amazing.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,043

Post#57 » by sisibilio » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:30 pm

FecesOfDeath wrote:The current-gen 2K14 game plays pretty realistically to me compared to last year's, though where some of last year's bugs were fixed, this year has introduced new ones.

The next-gen video shows improved cloth physics, higher-res textures, and slightly better animations, but I hope the extra hardware horsepower results more in better team AI and less in nicer graphics.

+1
Seriously, it's like they don't give half a **** about the atual gameplay. :nonono:
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
LobosJordan
Head Coach
And1: 1,320

Post#58 » by LobosJordan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:16 pm

The jersey's still look like they are hovering over the bodies. And the outline of the jersey looks very edgy around the neck. Faces are top notch. Crowd still needs major work, and there needs to be a lot more camera men/people under the basket on the sidelines.
TheAdmiral
RealGM
And1: 1,213

Post#59 » by TheAdmiral » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:38 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rx5f5jqNys[/youtube]
D-31 wrote:again..all of u Jordan fans are caught up in his scoring accolades and fail to realize that he was a lousy basketball player.

Jordan never fully understood basketball. He had the lowest basketball IQ of any NBA "superstar" in history.
Land Rover
Senior
And1: 264

Post#60 » by Land Rover » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:46 pm

console graphics whores crack me up

agree with the above, that gameplay is way more important, and well this is pretty much just like 2k13

Return to Chicago Bulls