ImageImageImageImageImage

Jordan Crawford

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,962

Re: Jordan Crawford 

Post#621 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:25 am

Troubadour wrote:Why was he traded for so little? He's a great scorer.

Ernie Grunfeld is challenged.

Ted Leonsis and he have a really good friendship -relationship -rapport --whatever it is that would let one man suck so long and be paid by the other as an employee.

At this point nothing would surprise me from Grunfeld/Leonsis. If there's a broken player (trading for a guy with an ACL and on an expiring???) player, this GM will acquire him.

It's almost like Grunfeld is a sadist who enjoys making Wizard fans angry. As long as Ted Leonsis has a team full of nice guys and they put butts in the seats at Verizon, they don't give a damn what anybody thinks. Their moves are perplexingly idiotic and just keep getting dumber by the day.
Bye bye Beal.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#622 » by Knighthonor » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:17 pm

wow still no talk about firing EG yet?

this trade should be all over the media, ridiculing this fool of a GM.
Maybe Ted would drop this fool!!
Knighthonor
Sixth Man

Post#623 » by Knighthonor » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:21 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

Ernie Grunfeld is challenged.

Ted Leonsis and he have a really good friendship -relationship -rapport --whatever it is that would let one man suck so long and be paid by the other as an employee.

At this point nothing would surprise me from Grunfeld/Leonsis. If there's a broken player (trading for a guy with an ACL and on an expiring???) player, this GM will acquire him.

It's almost like Grunfeld is a sadist who enjoys making Wizard fans angry. As long as Ted Leonsis has a team full of nice guys and they put butts in the seats at Verizon, they don't give a damn what anybody thinks. Their moves are perplexingly idiotic and just keep getting dumber by the day.

Like I said, conspiracy.

Nobody as a GM this long could be so bad. people say the man stupid or something, but really?

The Wizard's are being used as the NBA's personal D league. When they happen to get talent, they trade it away to other teams with playoff runs and get nothing in return. The NBA gets the best out of it, because their superstar teams get more talent, and more fan money...

the Wizards get nothing while still making them money off of blind fans.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#624 » by Wizards2Lottery » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:29 pm

I never cared much for him but good luck to Jordan. I hope he has a great career.

I am at the point where I will actively root against this franchise until the necessary changes are made. I hope we lose every game for the remainder of the year. I hope Ted Leonsis faces so much embarrassment that he has no choice but to fire his pet Ernie.
bgroban
Junior
And1: 48

Post#625 » by bgroban » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:43 pm

Someone ought to remind Ted that he could make more $$$ if he fielded a better team.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#626 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:51 pm

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/i ... lot-weight

Should be interesting to follow him as he mixes in with Pierce and KG.

Looking forward to that first Crawford to KG all op.

Interesting to read Docs take on it. He isn't really trying to change him. He understands who he is and it sounds like he welcomes it. Now if it gets out of control, he will take action but if it just a little to much here and there, it sounds like he will live with it.

That what scorers do, says Doc.
tfmiii
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,990

Post#627 » by tfmiii » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:00 pm

OT: incredible sig TGW!
hands11
Banned User

Post#628 » by hands11 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:17 pm

Just being stupid. Bad timing. Fire sale. Take you lumps type of thing. To bad. If promoted properly, he could have brought back something good. They just totally blow it starting last year. Should have played him more at the PG. Instead they wasted all those minutes on Mack. :-?
hands11
Banned User

Post#629 » by hands11 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:09 am

http://www.sportsmedia101.com/bostoncel ... n-celtics/

Jordan Crawford Finding Early Success at Point Guard for the Boston Celtics
November 9th, 2013 at 1:25 PM

In the opening preseason game against the Toronto Raptors Crawford saw some time at the point guard position, and since then he has developed into the most trustworthy point guard on the team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_ ... n-crawford

Boston is 3-0 with Crawford as the starting PG. Subbing in while their starter Rondo is out. Now why didn't we think of that. Oh, because we needed to start Pargo, or Price or Mustafa instead. :roll:

Celtics just beat Miami, in Miami, on a back to back after another road win in Orlando.

I hope Crawford gets it going as a PG. I always liked watching him play, specially when he got it rolling.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man

Post#630 » by Knighthonor » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:04 am

hands11 wrote:http://www.sportsmedia101.com/bostonceltics/2013/11/09/jordan-crawford-finding-early-success-at-point-guard-for-the-boston-celtics/

In the opening preseason game against the Toronto Raptors Crawford saw some time at the point guard position, and since then he has developed into the most trustworthy point guard on the team.

Boston is 3-0 with Crawford as the starting PG. Subbing in while their starter Rondo is out. Now why didn't we think of that. Oh, because we needed to start Pargo, or Price or Mustafa instead. :roll:

Celtics just beat Miami, in Miami, on a back to back after another road win in Orlando.

I hope Crawford gets it going as a PG. I always liked watching him play, specially when he got it rolling.

didnt you block me and call me a troll for saying just this that you are saying now? so you have a change of tone now? how about an apology? :cry: :cry:
hands11
Banned User

Post#631 » by hands11 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:11 am

Knighthonor wrote:
hands11 wrote:http://www.sportsmedia101.com/bostonceltics/2013/11/09/jordan-crawford-finding-early-success-at-point-guard-for-the-boston-celtics/

didnt you block me and call me a troll for saying just this that you are saying now? so you have a change of tone now? how about an apology? :cry: :cry:

What are you talking about ?

For saying just what ?

I have been talking about Crawford at PG since they acquired him and posted a ton about having him at PG with Wall out. And slammed Randy endlessly for playing anyone but Crawford there.

Nice post from the Boston board.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:12 pm
I am gonna have to give Crawfish his due for the last 3 games. Playing with a lot of poise and a lot of swag overall. And more importantly, playing SMART.

--

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... fjo02.html

TS% .614
3 ball getting better every year. This year on small sample its, .421
USG down
ORtg up 120
DRtg down 104

Small sample size, but good for him. Year over year over time he keeps getting more efficient/better.

Cost ? 2,162,418
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,197

Post#632 » by deneem4 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:59 pm

I was highly against trading crawford...I felt he was our best player on the floor last yr...while wall was out...he wants to win games...in a winning environment that goes a long way...him along with green bass bradley and maybe wallace can keep them pushing til rondo gets back
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
hands11
Banned User

Post#633 » by hands11 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:14 pm

hands11 wrote:http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/crawfjo02.html

His improved eff is holding up. The question is, how will it project moving forward now that his role has changed again. If they are going to use him for only 16-17 min a game and most of it is off ball, I think his numbers go down.

If they use him more then that and give him the ball early enough in the game for him to find his rhythm and then move him off ball and mix it up, I think he stay the same or improves.

They also need to allow him to drive enough that he can get to the line. They need to find 24-26 minutes for him. With Beal playing 30-32 a game at SG, that only leaves 16-18 mins. There is the problem. They need to decide on Crawford at PG or Price for those extra 6-8 minutes. Since Price can walk on the floor and play his game at any time as a pure PG, it would work best to limit his minutes some and give them to Crawford. That would get the most out of what you have.

Wall 30, Crawford 6, Price 12
Beal 30, Crawford 18

That would work. In games that Wall is out of control like last game, put Price in. He has been running the team well with structure.

PS - I bet Wall starts tonight. They need to get him out there with Nene, Beal, Web and Oak to start the game so he can chill out instead of playing all out of control. Price and Crawford should be able to work it out. Price will defer to him sometimes and play off ball for the 3 which he can do and other times Crawford can do that. That would get him involved more.

I would also consider moving Trevor A to the starting line up to balance things out. Yeah Wall could use another 3 point shooter but that second group need that vet scorer as well and Wall, Beal and Nene should be enough scoring for the first group. Trevor A and Okafor will help anchor the D. I would try both and see how it works.

There is still a hole to work out in the front court. Kevin and Ves some nights. Kevin and Booker others. But depending on match up, both could suck. What they really need is a Gortat at center so Kevin can be the second PF. Thats the move they need to figure out. They have Booker, Ves and Singleton to offer up in a trade. Then Okafor can come off the bench next year and after that they sign him cheap to do the same for 2-3 year. That keep continuity. They would have a new starting center and solid back up. Nene and Kevin are the PF and you have someone backing that up. Booker would be fine in that roll and you can aways draft players for that as well.

So Ves is definitely on the bubble. If he is going to stick around, he better get a lot better soon. Its hard to keep a 6th pick as a 3rd PF. Again, to bad they didn't draft Nikola. He would have fit perfectly with what they need.

But it can still work.

Bump...

What could have been. Crawford with Nene, Okafor and Gortat or with Nikola
hands11
Banned User

Post#634 » by hands11 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:14 pm

hands11 wrote:http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/crawfjo02.html

His improved eff is holding up. The question is, how will it project moving forward now that his role has changed again. If they are going to use him for only 16-17 min a game and most of it is off ball, I think his numbers go down.

If they use him more then that and give him the ball early enough in the game for him to find his rhythm and then move him off ball and mix it up, I think he stay the same or improves.

They also need to allow him to drive enough that he can get to the line. They need to find 24-26 minutes for him. With Beal playing 30-32 a game at SG, that only leaves 16-18 mins. There is the problem. They need to decide on Crawford at PG or Price for those extra 6-8 minutes. Since Price can walk on the floor and play his game at any time as a pure PG, it would work best to limit his minutes some and give them to Crawford. That would get the most out of what you have.

Wall 30, Crawford 6, Price 12
Beal 30, Crawford 18

That would work. In games that Wall is out of control like last game, put Price in. He has been running the team well with structure.

PS - I bet Wall starts tonight. They need to get him out there with Nene, Beal, Web and Oak to start the game so he can chill out instead of playing all out of control. Price and Crawford should be able to work it out. Price will defer to him sometimes and play off ball for the 3 which he can do and other times Crawford can do that. That would get him involved more.

I would also consider moving Trevor A to the starting line up to balance things out. Yeah Wall could use another 3 point shooter but that second group need that vet scorer as well and Wall, Beal and Nene should be enough scoring for the first group. Trevor A and Okafor will help anchor the D. I would try both and see how it works.

There is still a hole to work out in the front court. Kevin and Ves some nights. Kevin and Booker others. But depending on match up, both could suck. What they really need is a Gortat at center so Kevin can be the second PF. Thats the move they need to figure out. They have Booker, Ves and Singleton to offer up in a trade. Then Okafor can come off the bench next year and after that they sign him cheap to do the same for 2-3 year. That keep continuity. They would have a new starting center and solid back up. Nene and Kevin are the PF and you have someone backing that up. Booker would be fine in that roll and you can aways draft players for that as well.

So Ves is definitely on the bubble. If he is going to stick around, he better get a lot better soon. Its hard to keep a 6th pick as a 3rd PF. Again, to bad they didn't draft Nikola. He would have fit perfectly with what they need.

But it can still work.

Bump...

Jan 23, 2013
What could have been. Crawford with Nene, Okafor and Gortat or with Nikola
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,197

Post#635 » by deneem4 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:36 pm

What could have been
Wall/arenas
Beal/crawford
Young
Blatche/booker
Mcgee/seraphin
....considering how theyre all playing now, well be a very well rounded team...cheap ass salaries as well..but we'll be able to score with the best
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
Floater
Junior
And1: 43

Post#636 » by Floater » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:50 pm

Yeah...the team we have now is better than that one.^^^
Knighthonor
Sixth Man

Post#637 » by Knighthonor » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:54 pm

no good development. no good team development either back then.
hands11
Banned User

Post#638 » by hands11 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:02 pm

deneem4 wrote:What could have been
Wall/arenas
Beal/crawford
Young
Blatche/booker
Mcgee/seraphin
....considering how theyre all playing now, well be a very well rounded team...cheap ass salaries as well..but we'll be able to score with the best

That is not a team I would want.

And what cheap salaries. Gil is still making over 20M a year. Even if he could still play.. a 20M bench player who used to be the start of the team playing behind a #1 pick who was picked to replace him ? Wall and Arena was never a what could have been. It was only that because no one thought we could dump Gil and his contract on another team.

McGee is making 10M

Not thanks, I would rather have what we have then that.

Arenas, Swaggy P, NeckFat, & Pierre the Cinnamon Girl along with Steez ... Ahh no. Even Nick, Dray and Pierre was to much. Adding a ring leader like Gil along with unconventional Steez is a bad combo. Which is why it needed to be dismantlement as a group.

You could have kept one of them. Crawford and Dray were what was salvageable.
hands11
Banned User

Post#639 » by hands11 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:25 pm

Knighthonor wrote:no good development. no good team development either back then.

Not sure I was saying that but....

Which one ?

Because Team Development, I posted plenty about that. Specially regarding Crawford and bringing Beal along off the bench instead of toughing him out there without a PG or 2nd scorer. I post about team development a tone.

Player development ?
I still say that has a lot to do with the player. Specially on a younger team. Crawford was developing. Look at his numbers year over year. Wall is developing. But he put in a lot of work and have a lot of raw talent. Beal is developing.. see Wall. McGee got better then when we got him. Dude got payed 10M-12 on a long contract. No one would have given him that out of college. It was just slow coming because he was misguided by himself and others but he got better so he practiced things we didn't want him to do. He wanted to be a ball in hand PF ala A Davis. Nick developed a catch and shoot he didn't have. He just couldn't learn the plays or stay focused on driving, rebounding or passing. Gil developed his range and drive moves.. again, he put in the work on that. He just never developed his defense, leadership or team focus. Kevin has developed his post game and mid range since we got him. Now he changed his body. He is a young big that came to the game late and his game wasn't focused on defense and rebounding. Now he is working on rebounding and passing out of the double team.

One a vet team, that happens easier with quality players around young talent. That helps to mold their professionalism and mind, not just skills.

But we always had player development from our vets. They all developed Gil personna. He was the team star. Nick, McGee and Dray feel in line as fello clowns. They weren't listening to CB or AJ.

I like Wall and Beals development better. Which is why those others are gone.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 18,999

Post#640 » by nate33 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:39 pm

I'm still not convinced that Crawford will be anything more than a decent shot creator on a bad team, so I'm not broken up about losing him. I'm annoyed that we tanked his value before trading him, but I don't really regret him being gone.

That said, because of his hot and cold style, I think it's likely that there will be a handful of games where the Celtics ride his hot hand to a victory. People will post about these games and lament the loss of Crawford, but they won't post the numerous games where he goes 6-19 from the floor and costs the Celtics a win.

Return to Washington Wizards