Image ImageImage Image

NBA 2k: OMG Trailer

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,705

Re: NBA 2k: OMG Trailer 

Post#61 » by BullChit » Thu Nov 7, 2013 2:54 am

http://youtu.be/5BJR6z1W7Ew

Nate Rob @ 17 seconds... :D ... :) .... :(
:cry:
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM
And1: 6,426

Post#62 » by Tenchi Ryu » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:38 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eybnjY7EdsA[/youtube]
[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax
Sever82
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#63 » by Sever82 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:47 am

Tenchi Ryu wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eybnjY7EdsA[/youtube]

For guy who said he was done with consoles and would just play PC, you sure seem to be posting a lot about next gen. If I remember right from the last topic where you were defending the xbox one and its policies, after Microsoft retracted all its policies you praised them for and said was the reason you were getting an xbox over a PS4, you claimed you were sticking to PC. Just thought id call you out on your BS.
Frank Vogel (Pacer's Coach) on Derrick Rose: "Iverson's Speed, Jason Kidd's Vision, Chauncey Billups Shot and Michael Jordans Athleticism."
mr.ankle
Banned User
And1: 57

Post#64 » by mr.ankle » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:41 pm

The Gameplay graphics looks the Same . They just improved the Intro and cutaway scenes . I am getting NBA Live
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM

Post#65 » by Tenchi Ryu » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:54 pm

Sever82 wrote:For guy who said he was done with consoles and would just play PC, you sure seem to be posting a lot about next gen. If I remember right from the last topic where you were defending the xbox one and its policies, after Microsoft retracted all its policies you praised them for and said was the reason you were getting an xbox over a PS4, you claimed you were sticking to PC. Just thought id call you out on your BS.

PC 2K is not the same as next gen 2K, so it does deserve the talk since its essentially a different game. And besides, we've come a long way since then. Microsoft has done a better job and has changed a lot of their policies that we were debating about in the first place. Though I really didn't have much problem until some of the real late crap they started with, they have tried to appeal to the gamers after they know they have f#$ked up. So now I just go with the original plan, get the consoles for exclusive. But I'm still probably gonna do multiplatform games on PC.

That's even if I keep my PC. Might just buy a SteamMachine when its time to upgrade since it will have all the benefits of a PC with the comfort of a console.
[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax
MalcolmXing
Banned User
And1: 503

Post#66 » by MalcolmXing » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:20 pm

Xbox all the way!!
chitownsalesmen
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,740

Post#67 » by chitownsalesmen » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:42 pm

mr.ankle wrote:The Gameplay graphics looks the Same . They just improved the Intro and cutaway scenes . I am getting NBA Live

I want what you're smoking, but then again you've been hating on 2k14 since before the current gen version even came out so not surprised you'd be that disingenuous about the games graphics. As mediocre as 2k14 next gen might be, its still vastly superior to whatever crap EA will be trotting out, objectively speaking. Theres a reason EA's been locked out of the basketball video game market for nearly half a decade.

So far there hasn't been anything that's convincing enough to make me drop $500+ on a eight generation console. I also don't want to take a risk of getting a defective console, as I was one of the many launch day 360 buyers that had numerous consoles crap out on me, after which eventually brought me back to Sony. I'll stick with 2k14 on PS3 for this year I might pick up a PS4 next year around the time Madden or 2K15 comes out if I can find a deal on a used unit on Craigslist/ebay etc.
Sever82
Veteran

Post#68 » by Sever82 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:27 pm

Tenchi Ryu wrote:
Sever82 wrote:For guy who said he was done with consoles and would just play PC, you sure seem to be posting a lot about next gen. If I remember right from the last topic where you were defending the xbox one and its policies, after Microsoft retracted all its policies you praised them for and said was the reason you were getting an xbox over a PS4, you claimed you were sticking to PC. Just thought id call you out on your BS.

PC 2K is not the same as next gen 2K, so it does deserve the talk since its essentially a different game. And besides, we've come a long way since then. Microsoft has done a better job and has changed a lot of their policies that we were debating about in the first place. Though I really didn't have much problem until some of the real late crap they started with, they have tried to appeal to the gamers after they know they have f#$ked up. So now I just go with the original plan, get the consoles for exclusive. But I'm still probably gonna do multiplatform games on PC.

That's even if I keep my PC. Might just buy a SteamMachine when its time to upgrade since it will have all the benefits of a PC with the comfort of a console.

Riiiiiiiighhhhtttt.......
Frank Vogel (Pacer's Coach) on Derrick Rose: "Iverson's Speed, Jason Kidd's Vision, Chauncey Billups Shot and Michael Jordans Athleticism."
Sever82
Veteran

Post#69 » by Sever82 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:34 pm

chitownsalesmen wrote:
mr.ankle wrote:The Gameplay graphics looks the Same . They just improved the Intro and cutaway scenes . I am getting NBA Live

I want what you're smoking, but then again you've been hating on 2k14 since before the current gen version even came out so not surprised you'd be that disingenuous about the games graphics. As mediocre as 2k14 next gen might be, its still vastly superior to whatever crap EA will be trotting out, objectively speaking. Theres a reason EA's been locked out of the basketball video game market for nearly half a decade.

So far there hasn't been anything that's convincing enough to make me drop $500+ on a eight generation console. I also don't want to take a risk of getting a defective console, as I was one of the many launch day 360 buyers that had numerous consoles crap out on me, after which eventually brought me back to Sony. I'll stick with 2k14 on PS3 for this year I might pick up a PS4 next year around the time Madden or 2K15 comes out if I can find a deal on a used unit on Craigslist/ebay etc.

I agree with you on 2k not sure what dude is smoking and I've only seen one review on nba live and they called it hot garbage, especially for a next gen title. As for getting a console, I agree with you that if at this point you don't really have the money to spend and you own a current gen console, it's not worth upgrading. I don't think its worth upgrading in that situation until the spring. I'm getting a PS4 this Friday with killzone, cod, madden and 2k but I'm most excited in the spring when infamous, watchdogs, mlb the show and ufc come out. I don't think these consoles have console selling titles unless you love bball and from what people who have played nba 2k have said, it's a console selling type of game. Either way everyone has their reason for which console they choose or if they even decide to get one. I can't lie but NBA 2k is the first console launch title that I have ever been excited for. I just wish 2k sports did a nfl game because ea has done a horrible job with Madden and have lacked innovation because they have no competition. 2k on the other hand has always produced an excellent game every year, to me that is a reflection of developers that actually care about their audience and less about the money rolling in.
Al Swearengen
Starter
And1: 729

Post#70 » by Al Swearengen » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:43 am

Unless you're going to play a basketball game with the camera zoomed in a foot away from the players, the difference in the player model quality is not going to be as noticable. But, it's not like the game is swapping in better looking player models during the closeups and cutaways. They're the exact same player models as when you're contolling them on the court.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,781

Post#71 » by jc23 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:56 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS_l6lMl93c[/youtube]
Be curious, Not judgmental
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,244

Post#72 » by kodo » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:20 am

jc23 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS_l6lMl93c[/youtube]

Thanks for the link to real gameplay.

That's actually pretty disappointing, looks like what I'm playing now on current gen with a reflective floor and fancier UI.
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM

Post#73 » by Tenchi Ryu » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:04 am

NBA LIVE being streamed right now

http://www.twitch.tv/aholbert32
[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#74 » by BullChit » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:34 am

Tenchi Ryu wrote:NBA LIVE being streamed right now

http://www.twitch.tv/aholbert32

EA must be trolling... Really...
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Benedict Miller
General Manager
And1: 2,074

Post#75 » by Benedict Miller » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:56 pm

Remember you have to use a green font for sarcasm.

Man, it's gonna be great playing this game, running a real offense, and playing with legends like MJ and Olajuwon once again.
mr.ankle
Banned User

Post#76 » by mr.ankle » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Benedict Miller wrote:

Man, it's gonna be great playing this game, running a real offense, and playing with legends like MJ and Olajuwon once again.

Why pay a extra 60 dollars for a game that is already out know all they did was upgrade the graphics a little better . I finally bought the New 2K14 I can not tell the difference between this game vs 2k12 , 2k13
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,885

Post#77 » by MAQ » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:25 pm

mr.ankle wrote:
Benedict Miller wrote:

Why pay a extra 60 dollars for a game that is already out know all they did was upgrade the graphics a little better . I finally bought the New 2K14 I can not tell the difference between this game vs 2k12 , 2k13

Well thats probably because youre not that big of a basketball video gamer...

2K12 is absolutely nothing like 2K14...its hardly comparable to 2k13
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
mr.ankle
Banned User

Post#78 » by mr.ankle » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:00 pm

MAQ wrote:
mr.ankle wrote:
Benedict Miller wrote:

Well thats probably because youre not that big of a basketball video gamer...

2K12 is absolutely nothing like 2K14...its hardly comparable to 2k13

You are playing a different game
Norseman
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#79 » by Norseman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:08 pm

Next gen 2k14 is completely different and adds a ton of stuff over the PS3/xbox/PC versions of THIS YEAR'S game... let alone 2k12, 2k13... lol
Benedict Miller
General Manager
And1: 2,074

Post#80 » by Benedict Miller » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:07 am

mr.ankle wrote:
Benedict Miller wrote:

You know what, you might be right. I should spend 60 on that smooth and fluid NBA Live gameplay. Looks like the real thing, and looks challenging. What was I thinking? :D :) :-? :gossip:

Return to Chicago Bulls