ImageImageImageImageImage

Could we boo rudy gay out of toronto?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

gamer1035
Banned User
And1: 5,146

Could we boo rudy gay out of toronto? 

Post#1 » by gamer1035 » Thu Dec 5, 2013 3:49 am

If Ujiri really does decide to blow it up, and Gay truly can't be traded, then we have to hope that Rudy doesn't opt in next year.

Perhaps if we treat Gay even worse then Bargnani, booing him every possession for the rest of the season, we can hurt his feelings enough to not return. I say we as raptor fans, turn on him harder then we did on BC, make booing Gay viral and make the opt out happen.

IMO free agents will only go to a winning environment, and booing Gay now will be irrelevant in a couple years, when we should be making a push for free agents.

What do you guys think?

Let's make this clear. OP is heartless and assumed the tWo was aswell (I guess not). Unless everyone here is an anti tanker...
BAMartian
Banned User
And1: 149

Re: Could we boo rudy gay out of toronto? 

Post#2 » by BAMartian » Thu Dec 5, 2013 3:52 am

That's a horrible idea.

You look at a fanbase like Golden State and then you compare that to our sorry excuse for fans and its pretty obvious why every MLSE team sucks dick year in and year out
Maternal
Banned User
And1: 222

Post#3 » by Maternal » Thu Dec 5, 2013 3:52 am

Would you turn down 18 million because 20k people you don't even know were booing you?
BryceMaxJames
Bench Warmer
And1: 382

Post#4 » by BryceMaxJames » Thu Dec 5, 2013 3:52 am

you guys in here would turn on your own mother. SMH
VanDamme
Veteran
And1: 5,241

Post#5 » by VanDamme » Thu Dec 5, 2013 4:00 am

Or write Masai a letter asking him to make Casey bench him if he can't trade him
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#6 » by 720 » Thu Dec 5, 2013 4:02 am

Inappropriate
TANKNATION
Analyst
And1: 11,049

Post#7 » by TANKNATION » Thu Dec 5, 2013 4:04 am

BAMartian wrote:That's a horrible idea.

You look at a fanbase like Golden State and then you compare that to our sorry excuse for fans and its pretty obvious why every MLSE team sucks dick year in and year out

That's what makes us unique. Embrace it babyyy. top 3 pick or die trying
:crazy:
supra2k8
Starter
And1: 4,070

Post#8 » by supra2k8 » Thu Dec 5, 2013 4:05 am

gamer1035 wrote:If Ujiri really does decide to blow it up, and Gay truly can't be traded, then we have to hope that Rudy doesn't opt in next year.

Perhaps if we treat Gay even worse then Bargnani, booing him every possession for the rest of the season, we can hurt his feelings enough to not return. I say we as raptor fans, turn on him harder then we did on BC, make booing Gay viral and make the opt out happen.

IMO free agents will only go to a winning environment, and booing Gay now will be irrelevant in a couple years, when we should be making a push for free agents.

What do you guys think?

Boo the OP instead of Rudy Gay!

Booing Rudy Gay would not be a good idea, let MU trade him. Can't boo a man out from getting 18mil, he'll take the boos and stay.
Sn0wman
Banned User
And1: 5,803

Post#9 » by Sn0wman » Thu Dec 5, 2013 4:06 am

Make a website telling Rudy Gay to GTFO
BAMartian
Banned User

Post#10 » by BAMartian » Thu Dec 5, 2013 4:08 am

Or how about we cheer him on with hopes that he gets motivated and improves so we can actually get something in return?
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#11 » by sanity » Thu Dec 5, 2013 4:08 am

Fans don't dictate how players suck. They do that themselves... Unless Bryan Colangelo gets another job as a GM, you're not going to fool another team into believing he's awesome again. Everyone knows how bad he is

I'm not against it and wouldn't do it myself, but I don't think it accomplishes anything
rapsanity
Banned User
And1: 760

Post#12 » by rapsanity » Thu Dec 5, 2013 4:10 am

probably the lamest idea ever.

Put me in his shoes. If I have a chance to get 20 million dollar and you guys are all booing me and even making me feel like crap;

I'll give you guys the finger and opt in

#about that life
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#13 » by Throwback24 » Thu Dec 5, 2013 4:11 am

MLSE sucks D because we had bozzos wanting to give BC a second third fourth and fifth chance.

MLSE is made up of idiots. We suck for a reason. We as fans don't even have a boiling point. Maple Leafs at least have a back bone. Raptor fans?

All we did was boo Bargnani but never the man who drafted him and ruined this team.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
VintageVince
Rookie
And1: 926

Post#14 » by VintageVince » Thu Dec 5, 2013 4:12 am

We want Rudy to have the most value he can have before we trade him, booing him won't help that.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#15 » by sanity » Thu Dec 5, 2013 4:14 am

If he has another 10/37 scoring night, I would not hold it against anyone in the ACC to boo him for it.
wolfv
Analyst
And1: 2,631

Post#16 » by wolfv » Thu Dec 5, 2013 4:16 am

I think it would actually piss off players in the league if we did that
jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Post#17 » by jonny three time » Thu Dec 5, 2013 4:26 am

Edit: Read the OP wrong.

We could start a campaign to get Rudy to not opt-in. It's not the worst idea, although they might think that they need to trade him and move him before the deadline, which would kill the tank. tWo needs Rudy in a bad way, he's the 5-star general of the tWo army.

Moving Lowry, Amir and DD are better for the tank. Keep Rudy and just hope he takes his chances on the free market.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#18 » by Inevitable » Thu Dec 5, 2013 4:30 am

We just suffered through almost a decade of Bargnani now its Gay. Smh the ghost of BC still haunts us.
JosephKaz
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#19 » by JosephKaz » Thu Dec 5, 2013 4:35 am

Throwback24 wrote:

MLSE sucks D because we had bozzos wanting to give BC a second third fourth and fifth chance.

MLSE is made up of idiots. We suck for a reason. We as fans don't even have a boiling point. Maple Leafs at least have a back bone. Raptor fans?

All we did was boo Bargnani but never the man who drafted him and ruined this team.

Leaf fans are 100x worse bro.
"Masai WILL win us a championship" - Tim Leiweke
BAMartian
Banned User

Post#20 » by BAMartian » Thu Dec 5, 2013 4:51 am

Throwback24 wrote:

You can boo a player when he comes into the game or touches the ball but how exactly should fans boo the GM?

Return to Toronto Raptors