ImageImageImage

2014 All Star Game Line-up

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

KJandHondo35
Sixth Man
And1: 1,259

2014 All Star Game Line-up 

Post#1 » by KJandHondo35 » Thu Jan 2, 2014 3:41 pm

So I personally can’t stand the All Star balloting as it currently stands because I feel it isn’t a reflection of what players are playing the best basketball for the current season but more a consensus of the most popular players. Knowing everyone here have a good knowledge of the game I was wondering who you all would make your starting 5 and top 2 off the bench for the East and West.
Mine would go:
EAST : WEST
PG: John Wall : Chris Paul
SG: Aaron Afflalo : James Harden
SF: Paul George : Kevin Durant
PF: Lebron James : LeMarcus Aldridge
C: Roy Hibbert : Dwight Howard

Bench:
Kyrie Irving : Russell Westbrook
Carmelo Anthony : DeMarcus Cousins

Honorable Mentions : Damian Lillard, DeMar DeRozen, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Monta Ellis, Evan Turner

I’m interested who you all pick, I had a hard time with this specifically with the West guards but I think when you look at their performances on both offense and Defense these are the guys I would go with.
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Re: 2014 All Star Game Line-up 

Post#2 » by 2Mas » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:24 pm

Like the idea. Yeah the voting sucks terribly.

East ------------ West
Wall ------ Paul
George ---- Harden
James ----- Durant
Millsap ---- Aldridge
Bosh ------ Howard

6th & 7th Men..
Lowry ---- Curry
Anthony -- Love

& Just cause I'm bored at work. I see..
Irving -- Lillard
Wade -- Parker
Afflalo - Bledsoe
Turner -- Griffin
Hibbert -- Dirk
A.Drum or AlJeff? -- A. Davis or D. Cousins?
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#3 » by 2Mas » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:25 pm

KJandHondo35 wrote:So I personally can’t stand the All Star balloting as it currently stands because I feel it isn’t a reflection of what players are playing the best basketball for the current season but more a consensus of the most popular players. Knowing everyone here have a good knowledge of the game I was wondering who you all would make your starting 5 and top 2 off the bench for the East and West.
Mine would go:
EAST : WEST
PG: John Wall : Chris Paul
SG: Aaron Afflalo : James Harden
SF: Paul George : Kevin Durant
PF: Lebron James : LeMarcus Aldridge
C: Roy Hibbert : Dwight Howard

Bench:
Kyrie Irving : Russell Westbrook
Carmelo Anthony : DeMarcus Cousins

Honorable Mentions : Damian Lillard, DeMar DeRozen, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Monta Ellis, Evan Turner

I’m interested who you all pick, I had a hard time with this specifically with the West guards but I think when you look at their performances on both offense and Defense these are the guys I would go with.

Ooh.. I left Rondo, Rose, Kobe, Westbrook, Lopez, Horford all off for injury reasons obviously. Westbrook is gonna be out past Feb so I took him out.
24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,858

Post#4 » by 24istheLAW » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:27 pm

Looks about right. Crazy that Arron Afflalo is the best SG in the Eastern conference...
KJandHondo35
Sixth Man
And1: 1,259

Post#5 » by KJandHondo35 » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:34 pm

It’s a shame Westbrook is out should have considered that, probably have Love in there as the 6th man in his place. I just can't stand how it seems he actively resists playing defense and would rather just get in rebounding position.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#6 » by ddb » Thu Jan 2, 2014 4:47 pm

Well the current voting system is interesting. It's front court and back court so if you look at the Leastern Conference the starters are projected to be THREE SF's (James, George, Anthony). That'll be weird. Anyway, my All-Star 7 is below.

East:
Wall/Wade/George/James/Hibbert with Anthony/Millsap/Afflalo/Bosh as my top 4 reserves.

West:
CP3/Curry/Durant/LMA/Howard with Harden/Griffin/Love/Parker as Top 4 bench

Return to Boston Celtics