ImageImage

Ersan has other dreams

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

krunded
Ballboy
And1: 3

Ersan has other dreams 

Post#1 » by krunded » Tue Feb 4, 2014 9:25 pm

This is a Turkish interview conducted by "Selcuk Aytekin" from the Turkish branch of nba.com website. Its titled as "Ersan has other dreams". I've done a quick search and have not seen this post, if it was already post; lock it please.

Link to the Turkish interview
http://www.basketmerkezi.com/HaberGoste ... ortaj.aspx

Translation of the related parts (I think I did a good job of translating but there may have been some mistakes or emphasizes lost in the translation):

I'd like to start by talking about your injury. What is your current state?
I'm much better now. I can say that the injury is over. I've mostly managed to get over it.

You are performing well after the injury but the team is out of shape this year. What do you have to say about this
We were expecting what would happen in the preseason. We've had 11 new players join us. We tried to rebuild the team from scratch but when we failed at the start of the season, we just couldn't manage to get back on the track. We used to find baskets easily with Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis because they were the kind of players to score well. We now have lots of young players among us, it'll take some time to get used to each other.

I know that when you take responsibility you can perform well. You scored 29 points in the Toronto Raptors game but had some fallbacks in some games. Why do you think that is?
We've lost more than 30 games. Our coach is always in a search. He's trying different rosters. For example, I get different minutes each game. In one game 20 minutes, in another 35. This effects me a lot. In some games I can get in the form and play well but I also understand the coach. He's just looking for whats best for the team

Recent days, I've conducted an interview with NBA.com writer Sekou Smith. He thinks that you are the most talented player between the Turks in nba. Are you considering going to a team next year where you would feel more comfortable?
Its hard to say something like that now. My career only has Milwaukee Bucks but we start each season with great changes. I've never played with the same players for 3-4 seasons. When new players join the team, it feels like you are coming to a new team but the city stays the same. It takes some time to know each other. During that period, you get lots of defeats, just like us. You can't get a result with this many new players. Players around me are very important considering the position I play. After all, I'm not a player who can create his own shot. I can only score through pick & roll or pick & pop.

Are you considering changing a team?
Yes I do. If things stay the same here, I may consider leaving. I'm not a young player anymore, I'm 26. After this point, I wanna play for a contender. It'll take some time for the roster to bear fruits in Bucks. We need at least two years. Playing for other teams comes to my mind. I want good players around me. I at least want this to happen during my career.

(Summary from now on, I'm bored :) )
What about Omer, he wants to leave the team,
Ersan understands him but he thinks that Omer made a mistake. Omer should accept his role and play for championship

Question about Hedo and his new contract with Clippers
Ersan thinks that its good for Hedo, etc.

Your candidate for championship?
Miami

Do you think Paul George will become a Lebron James
Not yet

(exact translation for the following question)
I've seen an Ersan Ilyasova with different goals in his mind. Is that true?
I'm not 20 anymore. I've been playing in the NBA for the past 7 years and there is a surprise in this team evey year. Each season we go up or down. I want everyone to perform their duties regularly (or consistently). Therefore I'm considering some ideas.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,654

Re: Ersan has other dreams 

Post#2 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Feb 4, 2014 9:30 pm

Thanks for the summary.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,917

Post#3 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Feb 4, 2014 9:39 pm

Im been consider some ideas about arsen myself. some these ideas cant happen fast enough for me
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,808

Post#4 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Feb 4, 2014 9:43 pm

Well at least he's honest. Interesting interview.

After all, I'm not a player who can create his own shot. I can only score through pick & roll or pick & pop.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,413

Post#5 » by MiltownHawkeye » Tue Feb 4, 2014 9:44 pm

The guy is begging to get traded. If only there was some team this past offseason that was willing to give us a #3 pick for him.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,368

Post#6 » by randy84 » Tue Feb 4, 2014 9:53 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Well at least he's honest. Interesting interview.

After all, I'm not a player who can create his own shot. I can only score through pick & roll or pick & pop.

He makes a good point that it is going to take the Bucks a few years to be competitive. At that point his contract is going to be up and the Bucks will have to decide to resign him or let him go.

They need to trade him before that decision needs to be made. Otherwise, they are just wasting assets again.
JBucks
Analyst
And1: 393

Post#7 » by JBucks » Tue Feb 4, 2014 9:53 pm

After two great years in a row, Ilyasova needed to be dealt this past off-season.

Instead, Hammond held on to him and prematurely signed Sanders to an extension.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,605

Post#8 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Feb 4, 2014 10:00 pm

Play like a piece a contender would want and you might get your wish Arsen, after all you're only 26.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,586

Post#9 » by tski1972 » Tue Feb 4, 2014 10:02 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Play like a piece a contender would want and you might get your wish Arsen, after all you're only 26.

well in Ersan's defense, he did play like a piece a contender would want over the previous two seasons.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,087

Post#10 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Feb 4, 2014 10:08 pm

I don't blame him. Trading Ersan is whats best for Ersan and the organization. Hopefully a deal gets done at the deadline.
bullox
Banned User
And1: 522

Post#11 » by bullox » Tue Feb 4, 2014 10:16 pm

Thank you for the translation / summary. That was interesting.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#12 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Feb 4, 2014 10:27 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnNk4zpsqew[/youtube]

Ersan dreams of chest bumps with Omer Onan and Kerem Gonlum.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,251

Post#13 » by FlagsFlyForever » Tue Feb 4, 2014 10:46 pm

tski1972 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Play like a piece a contender would want and you might get your wish Arsen, after all you're only 26.

well in Ersan's defense, he did play like a piece a contender would want over the previous two seasons.

And a contender did want him (us).
Read on Twitter
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,633

Post#14 » by machu46 » Tue Feb 4, 2014 10:56 pm

I really like Ersan. Hope for the best for him, even if that isn't with Milwaukee. He's a great guy.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
TheWig
Sixth Man
And1: 593

Post#15 » by TheWig » Tue Feb 4, 2014 11:53 pm

ElPeregrino wrote:
tski1972 wrote:

And a contender did want him (us).

Contender for the 8th seed
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#16 » by Max Green » Tue Feb 4, 2014 11:56 pm

Hopefully we can find some team that's willing to take him ASAP without trying to dump a bad contract back on us.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,105

Post#17 » by Matches Malone » Wed Feb 5, 2014 12:34 am

Get rid of this dude already
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#18 » by bizarro » Wed Feb 5, 2014 12:45 am

It's really too bad Arsen's teammates were forcing him to miss wide open shots all over the floor for two months.
Trade this 29 year old Uzbek already. We're two years old on this move as it is.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,655

Post#19 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Feb 5, 2014 1:02 am

As a duel suns and bucks fan I'm super curious how he would look on this suns team. I think the system they run would get him a ton of good looks and hornacek is the type of coach who could reset his confidence. Now there's no way they would deal for him now with fry and the morri there. Heck if fry opts out this summer and leaves maybe a deal could make some sense.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#20 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Feb 5, 2014 1:09 am

If the Bucks have any kind of a backbone they will strongly persuade Ersan not to play for Turkey this summer.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks