ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (REVENGE OF THE NERDS III: TRADERS GONE WILD)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,037

Re: Trade Thread (REVENGE OF THE NERDS III: TRADERS GONE WIL 

Post#1121 » by Jester_ » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:26 pm

and1GS wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
Kuya wrote:Harrison Barnes, Nedovic and Kuzmic for Dion Waiters and Anthony Bennett

Anthony Bennett is rounding into form and his value is gonna keep on going up

Given my conversations with Joe, our FO is still very high on Barnes and see him rounding out into a star. I don't see him trading Barnes at this point.

Uh, what? Did you send him an email and he gave you a sentence response or something?

An exerpt:

Honestly, in the end, I don’t care what they think. I care what we think, that is, Jerry, Bob, Kirk, Travis and me.

WE believe in Harrison barnes. We love his talent and his FUTURE. He tested as the single MOST athletic wing in his draft. THAT is a fact. He is a good shooter from distance and mid-range. Check the numbers. He is a better defensive player than most thought. He was extremely effective in the playoffs last year and scored inside and slashing. He has apparently regressed somewhat this year. Is that due to use by the coaches, sophomore slump, injury, whatever? But he has proven his talent under pressure. He will return to form if used appropriately and he dedicates himself. We will not sell low or for reserves. We do not have a short-term mentality. We are in the business of developing assets who possess skills, talent and , most importantly, desire. Harrison Barnes has great character and is 21 years old. He is worth the risk of time to develop further. You say he cant put the ball on the floor. Wrong. Can he getter better? Absolutely. Look at Kobe in his second year. Look at his numbers. Look at Paul George in his second year. Look at the numbers. It takes until year 3 or 4 for nearly every great player to reach a level whereby pundits say he has made it.

In the end, its all judgement and situation. These players are not computers.

Everybody , or nearly everybody is tradeable, for somebody. But the history of this franchise is to trade away young assets that had not developed yet. Worse, they were not developed by the organization. We do not want to make that mistake. So, I can only say to you, trust us. We will not always be right. But, we have turned this thing around in a few years and we will continue to use our collective judgement to continue to evolve our team.

Joe
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#1122 » by old rem » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:30 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Kuya wrote:Harrison Barnes, Nedovic and Kuzmic for Dion Waiters and Anthony Bennett

Anthony Bennett is rounding into form and his value is gonna keep on going up

Given my conversations with Joe, our FO is still very high on Barnes and see him rounding out into a star. I don't see him trading Barnes at this point.

I tend to agree. I doubt there's any chance Barnes get traded before the end of the season...and even then it would take us getting a deal we really LIKE....not whoever ome team considered expendable.

As for Barnes,Klay,Speights "on the block".... Teams have interest because they are young, cheap, versatile, productive....and for the same reasons we have little reason to trade them. Sur anyone COULD get traded but right now...there's nobody significant that GSW much wants to deal. Hard to say what the outlook is on Bazemore,Brooks, Nedovic, Kuzmic...but none of those would fetch anything much....so it's a case where you don't do a pointless move because it ain't worth paying the air fare and doing another uni.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#1123 » by old rem » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:43 pm

Jester_ wrote:
and1GS wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

Uh, what? Did you send him an email and he gave you a sentence response or something?

An exerpt:

Honestly, in the end, I don’t care what they think. I care what we think, that is, Jerry, Bob, Kirk, Travis and me.

WE believe in Harrison barnes. We love his talent and his FUTURE. He tested as the single MOST athletic wing in his draft. THAT is a fact. He is a good shooter from distance and mid-range. Check the numbers. He is a better defensive player than most thought. He was extremely effective in the playoffs last year and scored inside and slashing. He has apparently regressed somewhat this year. Is that due to use by the coaches, sophomore slump, injury, whatever? But he has proven his talent under pressure. He will return to form if used appropriately and he dedicates himself. We will not sell low or for reserves. We do not have a short-term mentality. We are in the business of developing assets who possess skills, talent and , most importantly, desire. Harrison Barnes has great character and is 21 years old. He is worth the risk of time to develop further. You say he cant put the ball on the floor. Wrong. Can he getter better? Absolutely. Look at Kobe in his second year. Look at his numbers. Look at Paul George in his second year. Look at the numbers. It takes until year 3 or 4 for nearly every great player to reach a level whereby pundits say he has made it.

Everybody , or nearly everybody is tradeable, for somebody. But the history of this franchise is to trade away young assets that had not developed yet. Worse, they were not developed by the organization. We do not want to make that mistake. So, I can only say to you, trust us. We will not always be right. But, we have turned this thing around in a few years and we will continue to use our collective judgement to continue to evolve our team.

Joe

I quite agree with Lacob's quote. You need to SEE a vision when you draft a player. Then you find a way to make that happen. You DO NOT panic at the first setback. You don't sell short. Sometimes... it turns out there's limitations or issues of FIT... but you wait long enough to be pretty clear about what will be.

For GSW... there's NO glaring hole or need. It seems Crawford filled the main problem. For a change...we heve BIGS.... even when JO or Festus are out...we can do okay. I DO need Iggy + Barnes to pck it up the rest of the season. I want Dray to develop his offense...overall. Later... I hope Ezeli develops and a nice bonus is if any of the guys on the end of the bench can become keepers.
CENSORED... No comment.
Amazing Curry
Starter
And1: 65

Post#1124 » by Amazing Curry » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:51 pm

There was some reddit post saying Greg Monroe jerseys were half off at the Pistons stores :lol:
Not exactly the most credible source but maybe we can swing a deal with Detroit for him? Would a Klay or Barnes for Monroe deal work?
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,387

Post#1125 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:57 pm

old rem wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
and1GS wrote:

An exerpt:

Joe

I quite agree with Lacob's quote. You need to SEE a vision when you draft a player. Then you find a way to make that happen. You DO NOT panic at the first setback. You don't sell short. Sometimes... it turns out there's limitations or issues of FIT... but you wait long enough to be pretty clear about what will be.

For GSW... there's NO glaring hole or need. It seems Crawford filled the main problem. For a change...we heve BIGS.... even when JO or Festus are out...we can do okay. I DO need Iggy + Barnes to pck it up the rest of the season. I want Dray to develop his offense...overall. Later... I hope Ezeli develops and a nice bonus is if any of the guys on the end of the bench can become keepers.

Awesome....Finally an owner who has a vision...get's the long term approach. Bob Myers and Co. have continued to build a team with additional assets...and have not just flipped talent for holes in the road. Patience....Crawford will turn out to be a nice scoring punch off the bench....(btw is awake defensively as well).

Craw
Barnes
Green....these work off the bench. Speights and a fragile ONeal dont'...but hopefully we can make due with this for the rest of the season....IF we can add Bass via a trade exception...that would be great...flipping with Speights as well.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#1126 » by jason bourne » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:00 am

Kyrie has said he wants Barnes on the team. Would you trade Barnes for Deng? Deng is an all-star. I like Barnes and he may turn into Deng, but why not get Deng now?

The only problem with getting Deng now is he makes big bucks, so David Lee has to be included. That makes it pretty close. If the Cavs want both Barnes and Lee, then they will have to give the Ws PF Tristan Thompson to make the salaries work and the position players work.

So Barnes + Lee for Deng + TThompson.

It works on trade checker http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6428312.

That said, I think the Cavs want to do Barnes #7 for Dion Waiters #4 pick which doesn't sound that good. Maybe Jerry West likes it.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
ArtursNaudins
Sophomore
And1: 20

Post#1127 » by ArtursNaudins » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:47 am

What abour Lee and Speights trade for KG and AK47?
KG expires sooner than Lee and AK47 is better than Speights, although we loose some scoring punch we definetly gain defensively.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#1128 » by statsman » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:49 pm

jason bourne wrote:Kyrie has said he wants Barnes on the team. Would you trade Barnes for Deng? Deng is an all-star. I like Barnes and he may turn into Deng, but why not get Deng now?

The only problem with getting Deng now is he makes big bucks, so David Lee has to be included. That makes it pretty close. If the Cavs want both Barnes and Lee, then they will have to give the Ws PF Tristan Thompson to make the salaries work and the position players work.

It works on trade checker http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6428312.

That said, I think the Cavs want to do Barnes #7 for Dion Waiters #4 pick which doesn't sound that good. Maybe Jerry West likes it.

I know most Cavs fans wouldn't agree, but Lee on the Cavs makes sense. They need a stabilizing player for Kyrie, and they aren't going to contend for a few seasons. By that time, Lee would be an expiring contract.

TT is fine, but not as a starter. There was a trade suggested of Barnes/Speights for Young (Sixers), who would be a better fit at PF. But then who do the Cavs trade for Lee? I suspect they would want to include Jack with TT, which many Warrior fans wouldn't like.

Also, the combination of these two trades eliminates a wing player. I guess the Warriors could ask for Waiters also, but the Cavs fans probably balk even more, and Warrior fans wouldn't want two mediocre chuckers (Jack, Waiters).
napsDUBS
Junior
And1: 46

Post#1129 » by napsDUBS » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:13 pm

Could we do this?

Bucks get: Marshon Brooks
Pistons get: Gary Neal and TPE from Warriors
Warriors get: Rodney Stuckey

Bucks could develop Brooks' potential on their team and regain his production on his rookie year in Brooklyn.

Pistons will get a shooter that they really need but I don't know if they need the TPE.

Warriors gets another combo guard that could really attack the rim and get to the free throw line but would be over the Luxury Tax.
Thoughts please?
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1130 » by and1GS » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:16 pm

I had a dream that we got Rodney Stuckey, and he was awful.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#1131 » by DLeagueAllStars » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:12 pm

and1GS wrote:I had a dream that we got Rodney Stuckey, and he was awful.

Well half your dream is true
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#1132 » by azwfan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:33 pm

napsDUBS wrote:Could we do this?

Bucks could develop Brooks' potential on their team and regain his production on his rookie year in Brooklyn.

Pistons will get a shooter that they really need but I don't know if they need the TPE.

Warriors gets another combo guard that could really attack the rim and get to the free throw line but would be over the Luxury Tax.
Thoughts please?

Don't think this trade works under the CBA. Puts the Warriors over the apron which is acting as a hard cap for us this year. We're about 2.5M under the Luxury tax, the apron is 4M above the Luxury tax. That means we got about 6.5M in total salary we can add to our payroll (keeping in mind its putting us in the Luxury Tax which would have implications on our roster next year).

To acquire Stuckey (8.5M), we'd need to send out at least 2M in salary. So Bazmore and Brooks would work. Don't think i do it though.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
old rem
RealGM

Post#1133 » by old rem » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:37 pm

statsman wrote:
jason bourne wrote:Kyrie has said he wants Barnes on the team. Would you trade Barnes for Deng? Deng is an all-star. I like Barnes and he may turn into Deng, but why not get Deng now?

I know most Cavs fans wouldn't agree, but Lee on the Cavs makes sense. They need a stabilizing player for Kyrie, and they aren't going to contend for a few seasons. By that time, Lee would be an expiring contract.

TT is fine, but not as a starter. There was a trade suggested of Barnes/Speights for Young (Sixers), who would be a better fit at PF. But then who do the Cavs trade for Lee? I suspect they would want to include Jack with TT, which many Warrior fans wouldn't like.

Also, the combination of these two trades eliminates a wing player. I guess the Warriors could ask for Waiters also, but the Cavs fans probably balk even more, and Warrior fans wouldn't want two mediocre chuckers (Jack, Waiters).
The big fubar is that Deng is an EXPIRE so unless we get him EXTENDED at a nice $ amount... that leaves us apt to be downgrading Lee and losing Barnes for just a rental.

I never wanted Waiters...still don't.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#1134 » by old rem » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:42 pm

azwfan wrote:
napsDUBS wrote:Could we do this?

Thoughts please?

Don't think this trade works under the CBA. Puts the Warriors over the apron which is acting as a hard cap for us this year. We're about 2.5M under the Luxury tax, the apron is 4M above the Luxury tax. That means we got about 6.5M in total salary we can add to our payroll (keeping in mind its putting us in the Luxury Tax which would have implications on our roster next year).

To acquire Stuckey (8.5M), we'd need to send out at least 2M in salary. So Bazmore and Brooks would work. Don't think i do it though.

Actually...thisdoes not work under the " Old Rem " rule meaning any GM stupid enough to do this...must be fired...then I shoot his dog too. :devil: Stuckey? Who the hell wants him? :roll:
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#1135 » by old rem » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:08 am

ArtursNaudins wrote:What abour Lee and Speights trade for KG and AK47?
KG expires sooner than Lee and AK47 is better than Speights, although we loose some scoring punch we definetly gain defensively.

newsflas......it's no longer 2005. :(
CENSORED... No comment.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,860

Post#1136 » by 510TWSS » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:07 am

Saw this just now, I don't know how trustworthy fansided is though. Interesting nonetheless.

The Sacramento Kings are said to be ‘swinging for the fences’ in the current trade market, an assertion that will shock nobody considering their recent pickup of Rudy Gay from the Toronto Raptors.

That said, their most desired target may be a little too obtainable.

According to Ken Berger, the Kings are interested in Golden State Warriors sharpshooter, Klay Thompson:

But Kings GM Pete D’Alessandro’s true long-term target is said to be Warriors sharpshooter Klay Thompson, who will be a restricted free agent after next season.

http://fansided.com/2014/01/03/nba-trade-rumors-sacramento-kings-interested-warriors-klay-thompson/?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=desktop&utm_term=content#!vPsMF
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach

Post#1137 » by DLeagueAllStars » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:12 am

Not surprised at all..

He spreads the floor, he is 6-7 and can defend, he has gotten better about going to the rim, he just needs to pump fake or drive a bit more and his game will open up even more. I mean even his outside shot if fakes takes two steps into a shot it will be money or pump, get the guy to jump and get fouled for 3 at the line.. Him being a 23 pt score with Curry is right there if he learns to pump fake and just not the quick release each time.. Hoping he works on this between now and next season
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#1138 » by statsman » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:15 am

DLeagueAllStars wrote:Him being a 23 pt score with Curry ...

If Klay improves enough to become a 23 ppg scorer, the Warriors as currently configured are going to be hard pressed to be able to afford the salary he will command.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach

Post#1139 » by DLeagueAllStars » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:22 am

statsman wrote:
DLeagueAllStars wrote:Him being a 23 pt score with Curry ...

If Klay improves enough to become a 23 ppg scorer, the Warriors as currently configured are going to be hard pressed to be able to afford the salary he will command.

Then we should also be a top contending team for a championship and we will see if Lacob is actually willing to go into the lux for that type of team..

Either way for the fans we find out if Lacob is all talk or we become contenders.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,210

Post#1140 » by Onus » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:31 am

If Klay gets up to 23 ppg, he'd be very close to Paul George minus the athleticism.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)

Return to Golden State Warriors