ImageImageImage

Dolphins, nfl draft.

babycry14
Pro Prospect
And1: 131

Dolphins, nfl draft. 

Post#1 » by babycry14 » Wed May 7, 2014 5:50 pm

What do you think the Dolphins should do with the #19 pick?

For me, I think Miami should trade back if a couple of players that may fall to them aren't there. This is how I would rank what they should do with the pick.

#1 Eric Ebron TE - I think a combo with him and Clay would take our offense to a different level.
#2 Taylor Lewan OT
#3 CJ Mosley ILB
#4 Zack Martin OT/G
#5 Trade back to get better value on a OT
#6 Odell Beckham/Marqise Lee WR
ImageImageImage
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

Re: Dolphins, nfl draft. 

Post#2 » by Altered_Beast » Wed May 7, 2014 6:56 pm

Inb4howardmasslocksthethread

I really like the Ebron pick. As it stands the phins most reliable red zone target is clay. Pairing him with another dynamic TE will do wonders for our offense. I'm tired of field goals. We need playmakers that score TDs and we haven't had a TD machine in a while. Ebron reminds me a bit of Antonio gates.

I can see him going earlier though so that leaves us with probably Zach martin and Mosley as BPA at 19. If that's the case I trade back and get a Morgan moses or another solid but late first round talent.

Beckham and Lee I do not want. We have a good we depth. Reason we didn't make as much plays through the air as we had hoped is cause that oline couldn't keep Tanny up to throw it!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using RealGM Forums mobile app

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
DivineFury
Sixth Man
And1: 624

Post#3 » by DivineFury » Wed May 7, 2014 7:02 pm

Still think we need to look at QB's personally. A few might drop to us, and I'm not sold on Tannehill.
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#4 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Wed May 7, 2014 7:58 pm

1.Taylor Lewan
2.CJ Mosley - Need a run stopper

Those are my top picks if they are available at 19
If not a perfect 3 rounds for me is
1.Eric Ebron
2.Shane Skov
3.Tre Mason
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
MiaFLSurf
RealGM
And1: 2,551

Post#5 » by MiaFLSurf » Wed May 7, 2014 10:26 pm

I hope we trade down and get a later first rounder and another second rounder. Then pick the best offensive lineman on the board with the first round pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
babycry14
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by babycry14 » Wed May 7, 2014 10:56 pm

DivineFury wrote:Still think we need to look at QB's personally. A few might drop to us, and I'm not sold on Tannehill.

In the first round?
ImageImageImage
DivineFury
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by DivineFury » Wed May 7, 2014 11:05 pm

babycry14 wrote:
DivineFury wrote:Still think we need to look at QB's personally. A few might drop to us, and I'm not sold on Tannehill.

In the first round?

Unless there is a really good O-lineman available. To be frank I haven't watched a ton of these quarterbacks play in college, only what I've heard/read. But I do know QB/O-line make or break a team. Defense is great, but if you can't air the ball out nowadays, you aren't winning anything.
babycry14
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by babycry14 » Wed May 7, 2014 11:09 pm

Altered_Beast wrote:Inb4howardmasslocksthethread

I really like the Ebron pick. As it stands the phins most reliable red zone target is clay. Pairing him with another dynamic TE will do wonders for our offense. I'm tired of field goals. We need playmakers that score TDs and we haven't had a TD machine in a while. Ebron reminds me a bit of Antonio gates.

I can see him going earlier though so that leaves us with probably Zach martin and Mosley as BPA at 19. If that's the case I trade back and get a Morgan moses or another solid but late first round talent.

Beckham and Lee I do not want. We have a good we depth. Reason we didn't make as much plays through the air as we had hoped is cause that oline couldn't keep Tanny up to throw it!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using RealGM Forums mobile app

I actually think we have a decent shot at getting Ebron, TE's usually go a lot later than expected.
We do have good depth at wide out, but you have to consider the fact that Hartline, Gibson, and Binns are all coming off season ending knee injuries, and people don't talk about it but next to the OLINE, the wide receiver core was decimated at the end of the season against the Bills and Jets, and a big reason we couldn't move the ball and get any points on the board.
ImageImageImage
babycry14
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by babycry14 » Wed May 7, 2014 11:16 pm

DivineFury wrote:
babycry14 wrote:

In the first round?

Unless there is a really good O-lineman available. To be frank I haven't watched a ton of these quarterbacks play in college, only what I've heard/read. But I do know QB/O-line make or break a team. Defense is great, but if you can't air the ball out nowadays, you aren't winning anything.

I think Tannehill is progressing, he didn't get a fair shake last season, He improved in every stat from his rookie year to his sophomore season even though the o- line was terrible and the running game was even worst, which made the o line's job even harder. The entire offense was dependent on Tannehill and the receivers, and I think they did a good job with what they were working with.
ImageImageImage
DivineFury
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by DivineFury » Wed May 7, 2014 11:39 pm

babycry14 wrote:
DivineFury wrote:
babycry14 wrote:In the first round?

I think Tannehill is progressing, he didn't get a fair shake last season, He improved in every stat from his rookie year to his sophomore season even though the o- line was terrible and the running game was even worst, which made the o line's job even harder. The entire offense was dependent on Tannehill and the receivers, and I think they did a good job with what they were working with.

I don't have anything against Tannehill, I just don't want to get stuck with a situation like Cincinnati has. He will be good enough to get us wins, but never over the top and we will be forced to pay him eventually. O line was awful. I would be fine picking up any vital piece on the offensive line, including TE or WR(there is suppose to be a lot of good ones). From what I've read there are no real great RB prospects, and I still have hope for Miller, he needs 20+ carries though.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,026

Post#11 » by heatwillbeback » Thu May 8, 2014 7:13 pm

trading down and taking the Tennessee RT would be ideal.

If we stay at 19 and the four ot are gone, I would rather have Mosley than Shazier. Mosley is more of a run stopper while Shazier has immense talent rushing the passer. We have good pass rushers and couldnt stop the run on many key plays last year.
coachsanders
Ballboy
And1: 24

Post#12 » by coachsanders » Thu May 8, 2014 8:59 pm

If Dolphins really wanted to improve their franchise, they would trade down to get Bortles he is the best QB in a while.

I know about Tannehill but he doesn't have what it takes to take this franchise to the playoffs and further.
El Alonzo scowl
Starter
And1: 5,359

Post#13 » by El Alonzo scowl » Thu May 8, 2014 10:28 pm

For once, I actually want us to take an O-lineman. But this is the Dolphins we're talking about so they'll do something dumb like take a linebacker.
babycry14
Pro Prospect

Post#14 » by babycry14 » Thu May 8, 2014 11:14 pm

coachsanders wrote:If Dolphins really wanted to improve their franchise, they would trade down to get Bortles he is the best QB in a while.

I know about Tannehill but he doesn't have what it takes to take this franchise to the playoffs and further.

I don't get why some people keep saying that Tannehill can't do this or will never be that. We were literally 1 game away from the playoffs. Why are you so sure we can't get there with him? Especially since that was just his sophomore season, a season in which he improved in almost every statistical category, I don't see why he can't do the same next season.
ImageImageImage
HeatNation88
Veteran
And1: 2,109

Post#15 » by HeatNation88 » Thu May 8, 2014 11:39 pm

Their is rumors of the Dolphins moving up in the draft I wonder why and who will they take if they execute the trade

Pay Back is a B*tch

"Shine from the Darkness"

Formally known as "MiamiHeatFan6"
babycry14
Pro Prospect

Post#16 » by babycry14 » Fri May 9, 2014 1:19 am

MiamiHeatFan6 wrote:Their is rumors of the Dolphins moving up in the draft I wonder why and who will they take if they execute the trade

Probably OT, don't see them moving up for any other position.
ImageImageImage
unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,809

Post#17 » by unowen85 » Fri May 9, 2014 2:22 am

The tradition of mediocrity continues...
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
babycry14
Pro Prospect

Post#18 » by babycry14 » Fri May 9, 2014 2:47 am

unowen85 wrote:The tradition of mediocrity continues...

LOL give them a break, we needed an OT. Let's just see how this works out.
ImageImageImage
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#19 » by Zasterror » Fri May 9, 2014 5:54 pm

Not a bad pick but we could had definitely traded down to get him. Can't wait for the 2nd-3rd rounds
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#20 » by GameTime_3 » Sat May 10, 2014 5:18 am

heatwillbeback wrote:trading down and taking the Tennessee RT would be ideal.

If we stay at 19 and the four ot are gone, I would rather have Mosley than Shazier. Mosley is more of a run stopper while Shazier has immense talent rushing the passer. We have good pass rushers and couldnt stop the run on many key plays last year.

Good call on Tennessee prediction

Return to Miami Dolphins