Amir Johnson + Terrence Ross for draft picks

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Dukenukem23
Banned User
And1: 1,971

Amir Johnson + Terrence Ross for draft picks 

Post#1 » by Dukenukem23 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:21 pm

What picks in this draft could the Raptors realistically get for these players. Only non Raptors fans need to answer.
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Re: Amir Johnson + Terrence Ross for draft picks 

Post#2 » by Narf » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:52 pm

Ask me after LA signs free agents.

Nash/#7 for Johnson makes sense to me though.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#3 » by jimmy keys » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:57 pm

It's hard to say what value they have as a combined trade asset. Do the Raptor take back a bad contract as well?

You'd have to get a lottery pick to make it worthwhile. I'm guessing you start with Sacramento at 8 or Charlotte at 9, maybe one of them bites. Maybe Denver at 11 would have some interest. Minnesota at 13 and Phoenix at 14 make some sense.

Would Boston consider trading Wallace + 6th pick for Amir + Ross + 20th pick + NY 2016 1st rounder pick? Probably not.
Chriscross
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,190

Post#4 » by Chriscross » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:15 pm

I am also interested in the input of non-Raptor fans
Love List
Drazen Petrovic
Pete Maravich
Stephen Curry
Jusuf Nurkic
Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,217

Post#5 » by Def Leppard » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:16 pm

jimmy keys wrote:It's hard to say what value they have as a combined trade asset. Do the Raptor take back a bad contract as well?

You'd have to get a lottery pick to make it worthwhile. I'm guessing you start with Sacramento at 8 or Charlotte at 9, maybe one of them bites. Maybe Denver at 11 would have some interest. Minnesota at 13 and Phoenix at 14 make some sense.

Would Boston consider trading Wallace + 6th pick for Amir + Ross + 20th pick + NY 2016 1st rounder pick? Probably not.
things I should know, what protection does that NYK pick have?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
"Rise up, gather round, rock this place, to the ground"
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by jimmy keys » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:26 pm

Def Leppard wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:It's hard to say what value they have as a combined trade asset. Do the Raptor take back a bad contract as well?

things I should know, what protection does that NYK pick have?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

No protection, it's the lesser pick between NY's and Denver's in 2016. Technically it could as high as 2.
basketbob
Junior
And1: 42

Post#7 » by basketbob » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:22 pm

DEN would have interest in something, i'd guess, but couldn't take on all that salary without sending some out.
Something like:

Ross, Johnson, 20
for
11, Chandler, 41?
More free is better
Dukenukem23
Banned User
And1: 1,971

Post#8 » by Dukenukem23 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:34 pm

Amir & Ross can be traded separately as well.
RollingWave
Sixth Man
And1: 701

Post#9 » by RollingWave » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:23 am

Amir is worth a lot to contenders, but they won't have high picks to trade you most likely. Houston could almost certainly give you a Terrence Jones for him (among other things.) for example.
The river of time wash away all heroes
DK-All Day
General Manager
And1: 8,327

Post#10 » by DK-All Day » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:33 am

I wouldn't give up a Top 10 pick for that duo.

Maybe in the 13-19 range.
Handsome.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,503

Post#11 » by HornetJail » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:44 am

Denver might give #11 + contract or something like that. I definitely don't see any more than that though.

I'd expect 13 and below to be fair value though
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
...c.a.p...
Starter
And1: 503

Post#12 » by ...c.a.p... » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:12 am

If we can trade Terrence Ross for either Kenneth Faried or Ersan Ilyasova, I'd go for it.

Follow that up with the Amir for Nash+7 trade that was mentioned earlier, draft Noah Vonleh, Julius Randle, or Aaron Gordon and we are good I'd say.
DerrickRose16 wrote:
Wade is basically Ben Gordon without the 3-point shooting. Sure, he's been a pretty good defender this year, so that would upgrade, but I'd rather have Gordon because he's cheaper and can hit those threes
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#13 » by Narf » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:14 am

...c.a.p... wrote:If we can trade Terrence Ross for either Kenneth Faried or Ersan Ilyasova, I'd go for it.

Follow that up with the Amir for Nash+7 trade that was mentioned earlier, draft Noah Vonleh, Julius Randle, or Aaron Gordon and we are good I'd say.

That's only if he's the perfect fit mind you. Like I said, ask me after they sign their free agents.
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#14 » by A_dub06 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:00 am

Narf wrote:
...c.a.p... wrote:If we can trade Terrence Ross for either Kenneth Faried or Ersan Ilyasova, I'd go for it.

That's only if he's the perfect fit mind you. Like I said, ask me after they sign their free agents.

I'm sorry but this is utterly delusional. Amir johnson does NOT net an expiring contract and #7 in this years draft. I like amir, I'm a pistons fan and was pissed when he was traded but he is an effective starter, nothing more.

This draft is widely regarded to be 8 players deep and two tiers. Embiid, wiggins, parker, exum and then vonleh, Randle, smart, gordon. Outside of those players the rest of the lottery is compiled of players with varying potential but all have a relatively equal risk in actually panning out.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#15 » by LApwnd » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:33 am

wouldn't want contract coming back if we're dropping Nash....Amir isn't some cornerstone player that will get us anywhere that matters.
comingbacktousa
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#16 » by comingbacktousa » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:23 am

I like their fit with Charlotte at 9. Cha could use Ross's outside shooting and Amir is a solid player. I think Charlotte would want the 20th added as well though.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by jimmy keys » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:11 am

comingbacktousa wrote:I like their fit with Charlotte at 9. Cha could use Ross's outside shooting and Amir is a solid player. I think Charlotte would want the 20th added as well though.

Yeah the Hornets make a lot of sense, throwing the 20th in as well might be a bit much though.

Who would the Raptors target at 9 is the real question?
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by jimmy keys » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:20 am

basketbob wrote:

DEN would have interest in something, i'd guess, but couldn't take on all that salary without sending some out.
Something like:

Ross, Johnson, 20
for
11, Chandler, 41?

I'd do it for Faried instead of Chandler. Ross + Johnson + 20 for Faried + 11 & a bad contract seems pretty close for both teams.

I'd look at Phoenix/Chicago too. Amir + Ross for 14 + 18 or 16 + 19 + Boozer are intriguing to me.
WhatsaTDot
RealGM
And1: 6,329

Post#19 » by WhatsaTDot » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:21 am

jimmy keys wrote:
comingbacktousa wrote:I like their fit with Charlotte at 9. Cha could use Ross's outside shooting and Amir is a solid player. I think Charlotte would want the 20th added as well though.

Yeah the Hornets make a lot of sense, throwing the 20th in as well might be a bit much though.

Who would the Raptors target at 9 is the real question?

A SG to replace Ross so this trade makes very little sense.

This place is insufferable.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#20 » by The Rebel » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:27 pm

Your delusional if you think Ross can bring back anything close to Faried.

Return to Trades and Transactions