Image ImageImage Image

Webber: Melo Run from the Bulls

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

DRoseCantStop
RealGM
And1: 3,371

Webber: Melo Run from the Bulls 

Post#21 » by DRoseCantStop » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:18 pm

poolshark52 wrote:
blumeany wrote:Another reason to hate Chris Webber. :lol: *timeout*

For me its always been that sh*t eating grin he always has on his face.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Can I get a Big King?!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
nybullsfan55
Sophomore
And1: 7

Re: Webber: Melo Run from the Bulls 

Post#22 » by nybullsfan55 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:18 pm

right because adding rose, melo and potentially stauskas wont make you better offensively.....how dumb
mrlancers
Sixth Man
And1: 1,160

Post#23 » by mrlancers » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:19 pm

yifsuibfe1 wrote:"Chicago is a great destination and I think a guy like Melo or Kevin Love can really thrive there." - Nobody outside RealGM

Anybody else get this feeling sometimes?

It's fascinating...

People say stuff like 'oh Chicago is a world class city' or 'Thibs is an elite coach' or 'they're only one player away'. Then when somebody like Melo or LeBron is available, everyone says 'oh Chicago would be a terrible fit' or 'Thibs will kill him' or 'Rose will never play again'.

I figure non-Bulls fans would not like Melo or LeBron here because they know it's trouble for their teams.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#24 » by Rerisen » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:19 pm

"One thing about Melo's game that people don't appreciate: He's the best, in my opinion, bar none, catch-and-shoot guy in the league. Now, does he overdribble? He's probably the most overdribbling guy in the league, but if he has someone who can just pass and get him wide-open jump shots, I think that his whole game would change and he'd be known maybe for winning."

And Harden's going to be the guy to pass him the ball, over Rose? What a moron.
wonderboy2
Analyst
And1: 1,949

Post#25 » by wonderboy2 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:24 pm

Fans can hate on thibbs all they want but I bet you, 25 other Gms would take Thibbs any day of the week over the coaches they have. People mad because they say thibs dont win in the playoffs but his teams are always outgunned. The year before last we beat a way talented brooklyn team and beat a miami heat team without Derrick Rose, Loul Deng, and Kirk Hinrich. I dont think people understand how good of a coach thibs is. He has made the playoffs every year hes been a coach and Derrick Rose havent played in 2 1/2 of those seasons. And I didnt even mentioned that we traded Deng at the beggining of last season. To make the playoffs with two allstars missing from your team is incredible. Im going to lmao if Thibs goes to another team and we end up looking at coaches like Avery Johnson, and Vinny Delnegro. Chris Webber obviously have no idea what hes talking about.
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#26 » by Proven_Winner » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:29 pm

wonderboy2 wrote:Fans can hate on thibbs all they want but I bet you, 25 other Gms would take Thibbs any day of the week over the coaches they have. People mad because they say thibs dont win in the playoffs but his teams are always outgunned. The year before last we beat a way talented brooklyn team and beat a miami heat team without Derrick Rose, Loul Deng, and Kirk Hinrich. I dont think people understand how good of a coach thibs is. He has made the playoffs every year hes been a coach and Derrick Rose havent played in 2 1/2 of those seasons. And I didnt even mentioned that we traded Deng at the beggining of last season. To make the playoffs with two allstars missing from your team is incredible. Im going to lmao if Thibs goes to another team and we end up looking at coaches like Avery Johnson, and Vinny Delnegro. Chris Webber obviously have no idea what hes talking about.

Thibs and Pops are the only coaches in the NBA today who can actually squeeze blood from a stone. He makes guys better from the sidelines. We've seen guys who've played well here and have moved onto other teams where the results weren't the same. Every year we have 1 "scrub" that we turn into a good rotational player. Gar/Pax are good talent evaluators and Thibs is a guy who knows how to bring out the best in everyone.
LobosJordan
Head Coach
And1: 1,320

Post#27 » by LobosJordan » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:33 pm

Webber has always hated the Bulls.
WinCity
Banned User
And1: 1,688

Post#28 » by WinCity » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:34 pm

Its pretty stupid that Webber wants to send Melo to HOU because he is one of the best off the ball scorers out there. Seems like HOU with 2 superstars who need touches and a bad coach is not a better for than in CHI were we have one of the top defenses in the league and need a high volume scorer.
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,243

Post#29 » by D_GoLow » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:34 pm

Tim Duncan: Don't listen to the media.
This is not a moment, it's a movement
jl342323
General Manager
And1: 531

Post#30 » by jl342323 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Chris Webber is 100% correct. It is evident by how this bulls team establish spacing on offense. They just half ass everything. They got some players who have no idea how to space the floor properly. They have some guys just floating around he arc doing nothing, not even in a good position to catch and shoot. They have guys who arent sure whether to cut to the basket or stay put in the perimeter, resulting in even **** spacing. You shouldnt look further than the pathetic spacing the bulls play with every game.

NBA is evolving. You cant just play defense and win. You need to push the ball on transition and shoot the 3 ball well. Tom Thibodeau is stuck in the early 2000s building his team based on david robinson/tim duncan led spurs. Its not gonna turn out good for this team if this continues.

I hate that people keep bringing up their offensive rating in 10-11 and 11-12 season. They were efficient purely because they played with slow pace and were dominant on the offensive boards. They were nothing special on the half court or in the clutch. Their last 5 minutes gameplan consisted of derrick rose dribbling the ball for 20 seconds. And playing grinding defense on the other end.
“He don’t care (about offense). He just cares about defense. When we come down or shoot a bad shot or whatever, he don’t really care about that. -Rose talking about Thibs
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,316

Post#31 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:39 pm

jl342323 wrote:Chris Webber is 100% correct. It is evident by how this bulls team establish spacing on offense. They just half ass everything. They got some players who have no idea how to space the floor properly. They have some guys just floating around he arc doing nothing, not even in a good position to catch and shoot. They have guys who arent sure whether to cut to the basket or stay put in the perimeter, resulting in even **** spacing. You shouldnt look further than the pathetic spacing the bulls play with every game.

NBA is evolving. You cant just play defense and win. You need to push the ball on transition and shoot the 3 ball well. Tom Thibodeau is stuck in the early 2000s building his team based on david robinson/tim duncan led spurs. Its not gonna turn out good for this team if this continues.

I hate that people keep bringing up their offensive rating in 10-11 and 11-12 season. They were efficient purely because they played with slow pace and were dominant on the offensive boards. They were nothing special on the half court or in the clutch. Their last 5 minutes gameplan consisted of derrick rose dribbling the ball for 20 seconds. And playing grinding defense on the other end.

Green Font?
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
Wont PerDont
Sixth Man
And1: 352

Post#32 » by Wont PerDont » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:48 pm

poolshark52 wrote:
blumeany wrote:Another reason to hate Chris Webber. :lol: *timeout*

For me its always been that sh*t eating grin he always has on his face.

For me, it's always been how he had to act so "hard" (from the mean streets of Country Day Private School).
Freaky like my lady pyramid...

-Formerly: gineric 12

-P.J. Carlesimo on Denver Coach Brian Shaw (2/21/14): "He's paid his dues and he's ready for a head job..."
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#33 » by SpinninHouse » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:48 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:What does Webber know about winning?

In fairness, he was probably robbed of a championship by a dirty ref. You can know plenty about winning even if you've never won a ring.

Chris Webber cost Michigan a National Championship with his ill-advised time out - but you are absolutely right. The Sacramento Kings should have won the Western Conference Finals that year. They lost because Donaughy was on the take and later went to prison for it.

Ironically the Bulls lost Game 5 of the 2011 ECF's to the Heat because a ref (who was extremely close with Donaughy) was on the take as well. The 4th quarter of Game 5 between Bulls/Heat was the most blatantly thrown game in any sport I've ever seen.
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,470

Post#34 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:50 pm

Hey Chris Webber

DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,374

Post#35 » by DuckIII » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:51 pm

jl342323 wrote:I hate that people keep bringing up their offensive rating in 10-11 and 11-12 season.

I bet.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,470

Post#36 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:55 pm

I seriously think all these old players say stuff about the bulls because well MJ spanked they ass back in the day a lot bitterness lol
jl342323
General Manager
And1: 531

Post#37 » by jl342323 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:55 pm

DuckIII wrote:
jl342323 wrote:I hate that people keep bringing up their offensive rating in 10-11 and 11-12 season.

I bet.

that was a thoughtful response. +1
“He don’t care (about offense). He just cares about defense. When we come down or shoot a bad shot or whatever, he don’t really care about that. -Rose talking about Thibs
Air Poohdini
Assistant Coach
And1: 328

Post#38 » by Air Poohdini » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:00 pm

Chris Webber was an over privileged player since he was 10 years old.
If Dennis Rodman drove a truck, he'd give all the refs a ride!
WinCity
Banned User
And1: 1,688

Post#39 » by WinCity » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:01 pm

jl342323 wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

I bet.

that was a thoughtful response. +1

:lol:

but seriously looking at Webbers reasoning it comes down to two things: First, the O and D ratings for these two teams. Now, which would Melo an offensive powerhouse with limited defensive impact compliment better:

Off Rtg: 111.0 (4th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 106.3 (13th of 30)

Off Rtg: 102.5 (28th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 100.5 (2nd of 30)

and then we have coaching:

Thibs

vs

McHale

I mean is that even a contest?

You give Thibs a Rose and Melo next season I guarantee he gives us a top 6-7 offense at worst, and still a top 3 defense. Whats McHale going to do to improve HOU's D with Melo? Are they really going to improve over 4th rated O?
Hokie
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,907

Post#40 » by Hokie » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:In Roses last two healthy seasons the Bulls had the 11th and 5th rated offenses in the NBA.

Facts, schmacts...
KornelDavid'sJ wrote:What I like best about Boozer is that someday he'll retire.

Return to Chicago Bulls