Moderator: HMFFL

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Re: The Oakland Raiders 2015 Draft Thread 

Post#201 » by Quake Griffin » Tue May 5, 2015 6:43 pm

http://www.raiders.com/news/2015-Draft/ ... 7af90c8780

Kid is somewhat of a freak.

Is his weight actually a problem for him or did they just ask him to play at 300 his last season at FSU?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#202 » by FNQ » Tue May 5, 2015 7:09 pm

Million dollar question right there. But if he was a guy who added weight against coaches' wishes, I dont think Sunseri pounds the table for him like he supposedly did
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#203 » by FNQ » Tue May 5, 2015 7:31 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:scrubbed, last chance
I gave Reggie McKenzie a bad grade for the 2012 NFL Draft and a passing grade for the 2013 NFL Draft. I'm not a fan of either NFL Draft, but gave him a high grade for the 2014 NFL Draft and the 2015 NFL Draft because I truly giving him a chance and want him to succeed of course. What do you want? You want me to give the guy an A for each NFL Draft? Or how about couple of happy face stickers? LOL!

Let's ask the only other active person here or two about the grade they would give Reggie McKenzie for the 2012 NFL Draft, 2013 NFL Draft, 2014 NFL Draft, and 2015 NFL Draft and see how FNQ will disagree with them and tell them how wrong they are shall we? Here we go!

One more thing FNQ, you went through my posts before and quote stuff what I put down, but you don't like how I found your posts and quote you on how you wasn't impress by Stephen Curry coming out the 2009 NBA Draft scrubbed Do u not see how one sided of a poster you are? It's FNQ's way or the high way.

No, I'm allowed as a poster to express my opinion on your opinions. That's how a board works. You have been constantly negative regarding McKenzie, and choose to focus on the negative, hardcore. So I called that out. You chose to take it personally, I can't control that. However, I feel it was merited, though I did scrub my own post where I feel I may have crossed a line.

If I do disagree, if I do feel someone is wrong with their opinion, I'll tell them so. Again, that's how a board works. There's an age limit to sign up here, so I don't feel the need to sugarcoat something like I'm talking to kids. We're grown people talking about sports, and there will be disagreements. If you can't handle it, a blog might be a better option.

I honestly don't mind that you raked through lord knows how many posts to find one or two where I digged at Curry in the draft process. I know that by the end of the process I was a fan of his, and by summer league I was wanting him here and Monta not. And FTR, I PM'd you about your outburst which clearly violates the TOS of RealGM's posting, not for any other reason. I used those posts as an example of who is taking what personally. I don't mind that you post here, but I do reserve the right to question your takes just like anyone elses. Me being a mod is solely to increase functionality of the board, not to be punitive to people who disagree with me. I encourage it, frankly. But discussion of me being a mod like you are somehow being oppressed is not on topic, and its not true. You can interact with me and everyone the exact same as you always have.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#204 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue May 5, 2015 9:09 pm

keep posts on topic of football please
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#205 » by FNQ » Tue May 5, 2015 9:42 pm

Understood that you were upset you have to defend your opinion, and feel like you don't. FTR, I wasn't upset about your grade, never said I was. I was questioning why, at the time pre-edit, your only analysis in our best draft in forever was about what our 5th and 6th rounders could have got, and cited the best players taken in that round.

If you don't want to defend your opinion, that's fine, you are not obligated to, especially since you don't like engaging with me personally. You can ignore it. I like talking football, so I respond to almost every post here, be it obscenely positive or negative.

I hope you are willing to change your mind and return. Being a mod means only that I am separating and sticky-ing topics, I really have no interest in censoring anything other than (ironically) posters talking about me being a mod. You have disagreed with me for the bulk of 90 pages, and there was plenty of crap talking on both sides. My name being blue now shouldn't have any affect on the conversation whatsoever.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#206 » by FNQ » Wed May 6, 2015 6:57 pm

per rotoworld: Ifo Ekpre-Olumo (IEO) also dislocated his kneecap when he tore his ACL.. which is why he slipped from 1st round prospect to the 7th round. He's likely to start the year on PUP list, and usually an injury like that can be pretty destructive. Thus, all 32 teams passed on him multiple times.

Funny enough, rotoworld's top draft analyzer gave CLE an increased grade because of the name recognition of IEO in the 7th.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,722

Re: Amari Cooper is officially an Oakland Raider 

Post#207 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Fri May 8, 2015 1:50 am

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#208 » by Quake Griffin » Fri May 8, 2015 4:26 pm

You guys see Amari Cooper's interview with Linc?
LMAO. It's like pulling teeth to get more than a sentence from this kid.
He plays NOTHING like his mild manner suggests though.

https://instagram.com/p/0lAl31lZRc/?taken-by=rio_15
Check out Mario Edwards Jr.'s Instagram. The link is another plug for his athleticism. But he also has pics of him lifting with his family. Should put us somewhat at ease with his weight issues.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#209 » by Quake Griffin » Fri May 8, 2015 10:04 pm

Poor Fowler btw
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#210 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Fri May 8, 2015 11:13 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Poor Fowler btw

Yeah! WTH?!?!?! Holy moly! I wouldn't wish that on anyone, honestly! :( Sucks!
(knocks on wood).
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#211 » by Quake Griffin » Sat May 9, 2015 6:09 am

http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/article/R ... to-7947945

So far so good on day 1 for Coop and Walford.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#212 » by Quake Griffin » Sat May 9, 2015 9:01 pm

Scouts Inc had something to say about Leon Orr and his impact as an UDFA
Copied n Pasted from another forum.

7. Raiders: Leon Orr, DT, Florida

Orr was dismissed from Florida halfway through the season, and there are concerns about his accountability. However, there is no denying his talent on tape. Orr has excellent length, core strength and heavy hands, and is a disruptive run defender when playing with leverage. If Oakland is able to right the ship with Orr and keep him motivated, he has a chance to add quality depth up front and potentially develop into a starter down the road.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#213 » by Neddy » Sun May 10, 2015 3:19 am

Quake Griffin wrote:http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/article/R ... to-7947945

So far so good on day 1 for Coop and Walford.

your link is broken
ehhhhh f it.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#214 » by FNQ » Sun May 10, 2015 2:59 pm

FWIW, Orr quit the team when he found out he wouldnt be starting.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#215 » by Neddy » Sun May 10, 2015 8:31 pm

FNQ wrote:FWIW, Orr quit the team when he found out he wouldnt be starting.

Im sure there is another side of this story. I don't know this kid and not trying to defend him per se, but for whatever the circumstances, if the University had to cut ties with a star player, they need some PR management announcements to keep their fans happy. a kid who was supposed to be talented and gets released from the team, either the team is hiding something very serious, in that case losing a 7th round pick in the camp ain't that big of a deal, or the school is scapegoating the kid, which would mean we just landed a major steal.

as a pro where he is getting paid, and always playing for the next contract, I doubt he quits on a team for not starting... at least not as a rookie.
ehhhhh f it.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,074

Post#216 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:25 pm

Kevin White getting surgury for stress fracture in his shin, may miss season.

Amari Cooper looked very nice in his debut! Smooth and ready to make an impact.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#217 » by FNQ » Wed Sep 2, 2015 12:20 am

MEJ with 3 sacks in the past two games along with 4 hurries for a grade of +6.5 mixing in between the 1s and 2s.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#218 » by FNQ » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:42 am

With the season 80% done, I think we can safely evaluate some of our picks the past year. Just basing grades on how they've played this year.

1) Amari Cooper (B+)
I was skeptical at first, and Amari came roaring out the gate. And is stumbling at this point now. Some crucial mistakes, sketchy hands.. he has the tools to be a #1 for a long time. But he's clearly not there yet. It is a little worrying that a polished player is making these mistakes, but I expect them to be corrected going into next year.

2) Mario Edwards Jr. (A-)
Mario started off slow, but has now become a force in the starting lineup. He's not getting the stats that go along with it, but he has shored up Tuck's side and allowed Mack to go back to OLB, where he's just been dominant. I think he's got a legitimate shot to make a leap next year. He's getting close to the QB a lot, just like Mack did last year.

3) Clive Walford (A)
I'm biased. I'm fine with that. I love this kid. Once he gets the majority of the TE snaps, he's going to be a top 5 TE in this league. Soft hands, great route running, and an adequate enough blocker. He and Carr are on the same page more often than not, and he provides a mismatch against a lot of OLB.

4) Jon Feliciano (F)
Look, if you can't unseat Tony Bergstrom, if you can't be active on game day, I don't think you are very good. This guy was supposed to be polished and a guy who could slide in immediately. I think he's dressed for 3 games this year. Needs to crack the gameday roster, but right now it doesnt look good.

5) Ben Heeney (A-)
This kid is a playmaker. He'll miss some tackles, he'll blow some coverages, but he's a total spark plug on a team that desperately needs one from its LB corps. I think he's slated to start next season, possibly even this season. Lofton does not deserve to keep his job.

5b) Neiron Ball (C)
Same as draft day: very talented guy, but he's injured so always.

6-7) Max Valles, Anthony Morris, Dexter McDonald, Andre DeBose (INC)
It's actually pretty great when you have 4 picks in the 6th/7th, and you want to keep 3 of them. Valles we knew was a long-term project, so he's as expected. Dexter making the 53 man roster is a bit surprising, but he has the physical gifts to be a starter down the road, and taking him off the PS makes me think that other teams might have tried to pluck him. DeBose is likely competing for return duties next year. Morris was an injury release, so he must not have shown out in his limited time here.

Overall (A-)

I think we nailed our top 3 picks. We have likely found a contributor in the 5th, maybe 2 pending health. And we still have a couple lottery tickets in McDonald and Valles who might wind up panning out. Not getting the fanfare of 2014, but our second great draft i a row.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#219 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:48 am

Still need a super strong draft next year as well, imo. We still have plenty of holes on both side of the ball.
Always room for improvement. Just saying.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#220 » by FNQ » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:54 am

Absolutely. We started with barebones, and the 2013 draft was a bad one. What we really need is a defensive quarterback at the ILB spot, and help at both T spots on offense. We also have enough capspace to find some quality incumbents.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders