OT: NY Rangers Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Moderator: Morris_Shatford

newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Re: OT: NY Rangers Stanley Cup Playoffs thread 

Post#41 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:43 pm

j4remi wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:Anyone worried about Zuccarello? I am. Hagelin and Zucc are the two way players that helped shut down Crosby and Malkin. They'll NEED them vs Ovechkin and Backstrom.

Getting Klein back is a huge boost.

I don't think Zuccarello has enough size to bother Ovechkin. I met him in the city and he's my height (I'm short). That said, I love his game and he'd be helpful with other players. For Ovechkin, it's gonna take a team effort to stop him. He's so big and skilled that most players can't match him one on one, especially not a Forward.

Zukes is big for us on offense more then defense anyway. He's great with the puck but getting Klein back for our defense will help.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,432

Post#42 » by j4remi » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:20 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:Zukes is big for us on offense more then defense anyway. He's great with the puck but getting Klein back for our defense will help.

Definitely on point. He's got an X-factor type of game, but we should be able to cover him when we have guys like Nash and Marty around. I'm hoping he gets back soon, but he shouldn't be the reason we lose a series...not with so much talent.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#43 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:23 pm

j4remi wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:Zukes is big for us on offense more then defense anyway. He's great with the puck but getting Klein back for our defense will help.

Definitely on point. He's got an X-factor type of game, but we should be able to cover him when we have guys like Nash and Marty around. I'm hoping he gets back soon, but he shouldn't be the reason we lose a series...not with so much talent.

Oh i think we'll win with or without Zukes but it would be easier with him than without him for sure.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#44 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:49 pm

I dunno man. With Zukes, this series goes six. Without Zukes, I think it goes SEVEN.
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#45 » by BKAY » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:12 pm

I predict rangers in 5. Girard will be draped all over ovechkin Because that's what he does, lock down the teams best player. Youre right we will miss zucc but he isn't responsible for defending a guy like ovechkin.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#46 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:18 am

NO WAY it's 5 games. I would love for it to end that way but this is a VERY different Caps team. Six games at least.
3eePointGoal
Bench Warmer
And1: 857

Post#47 » by 3eePointGoal » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:19 am

Let's go Rangers keep MSG rockin
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#48 » by Shemy » Fri May 1, 2015 5:26 am

wow they fvkn moved the god damn thread again for it to die

mufukka aint nobody use this lame ass hockey forum
"They scared now"
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#49 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri May 1, 2015 8:05 am

Sure enough. The Capitals used the SAME play that generated a goal vs the Isles in Game 7. They dumped in the corner, forechecking but instead of Ovechkin getting away with a shot to the back of the head, it was Backstrom...the Rangers were looking for the call and dropped their guard...sure enough the pass to Ward, was enough to tuck it under Hank's pad.

Now, the measure of a champion is how he responds to getting caught with his pants down. I said, six IF healthy. Without Zukes, this is going seven. A dirty, physical Caps team...
BKAY
Analyst

Post#50 » by BKAY » Fri May 1, 2015 11:35 am

Wtf. Why does this get moved to the hockey forum every year. My thread from last year is still on the first page, the mod is a canadiens fan, noone posts there, so effin annoying. Thanks mods. The hockey forum is pathetic and thanks for killing the thread

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#51 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun May 3, 2015 7:53 am

Good win for the Rangers. Pounced on the Caps early, racing out to a 2-0 lead before the Caps creeped back in the second. Ovechkin powering in to cut it to a 3-2 deficit is one of the reasons why the Rangers need to keep up the pressure. Caps are too talented offensively to hang back on.

Rangers need to keep the pressure on. Any updates on Zukes?
BKAY
Analyst

Post#52 » by BKAY » Sun May 3, 2015 6:35 pm

ive heard he's out indefinitely and the new york post reported him being out for the entire second round.
BKAY
Analyst

Post#53 » by BKAY » Mon May 4, 2015 11:23 pm

lets see... did they fix the bump issue....
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#54 » by newyorker4ever » Wed May 6, 2015 4:51 pm

We are missing Zukes much more than people thought we would. Guys are missing the energy he brings but it's been a few games now that he hasn't been there so hopefully these guys are getting used to him not being in there and they put it together tonight and scores some dang goals. It's absolutely ridiculous that we're not scoring enough goals with the scorers we have and Nash and St Louis need to pick it up starting tonight. We know that they're bigger and they're gonna hit us but we have the speed and we need to use it.
Ugalde
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,260

Post#55 » by Ugalde » Mon May 11, 2015 5:38 pm

That 3rd period was brutal to watch. I tell you what though, Lundqvist really proved what he can do there.

Really excited for game 7!!!
politics
to many 3s
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#56 » by newyorker4ever » Mon May 11, 2015 11:00 pm

Ugalde wrote:That 3rd period was brutal to watch. I tell you what though, Lundqvist really proved what he can do there.

Really excited for game 7!!!

I was gonna give myself a dang stroke watching the last 8 minutes of the game. Ovechkin guaranteed a game 7 win so he'll be coming strong (not that he doesn't always come strong) so we need to keep a guy or two around him at all times and hit him when we can.
bigfnjoe96
General Manager
And1: 3,948

Post#57 » by bigfnjoe96 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:15 am

Sux it Ovechkin you loser. Bring on Callahan and the Lightning babee

Sent from BXtra Headquarters
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,588

Post#58 » by Stannis » Thu May 14, 2015 7:39 am

Nice comeback after being down 1-3 in the series. That takes some serious motivation and dedication.

But that's behind them now. They probably know they shouldn't have been in that deep trouble in the 2nd round. It's time to start playing like the better team they are.
Free Palestine
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#59 » by newyorker4ever » Thu May 14, 2015 12:12 pm

I'm not sure what our head to head record was against Tampa this year but i remember saying to a buddy that they always play great when they play us. I'm sure Callahan will be out for blood and Stamkos is a beast so we need to be on top of our game and now we're probably gonna be without Boyle for the series if it was a concussion that he got last night and don't know what's up with Zukes.

Return to New York Rangers