ImageImageImageImageImage

Nats vs. Mets - Wilmer Flores 2 Nats 1, 11 innings

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,362

Nats vs. Mets - Wilmer Flores 2 Nats 1, 11 innings 

Post#1 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Aug 1, 2015 5:20 am

This is the kind of win that can generate some serious momentum. When Wilmer hit the walk off, the team, the crowd - everyone - was so juiced and happy for this good kid especially given what he went through just yesterday. As they say, "sometimes the best trades are he ones you don't make." I sure hope so.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/627316803874783236[/tweet]

Have to say, while I generally support TC, I couldn't understand why he stuck with Eric Campbell in LF even after Gio was pulled after the 5th. Especially, when we had Duda, Conforto and Niewenhuis on the bench. This is a crucial series.

Also, why didn't the team fly Cespedes in from Baltimore so that, even if he couldn't get here in time to start, we still could have used him as a PH or late inning replacement?
Free Palestine
RealGM
And1: 39,135

Re: Nats vs. Mets - Wilmer Flores 2 Nats 1, 11 innings 

Post#2 » by 2010 » Sat Aug 1, 2015 5:25 am

What I love most about Flores is the kid actually loves being a Met and wants to be here so bad it brought him to tears to think he was on his way out. Walk off homer tonight by him was script-worthy. Oh yeah, and Mets fans showed some great class with the standing ovations they gave him (Wednesday when they thought he was traded and tonight, his 1st game after teargate).

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Aug 1, 2015 5:34 am

2010 wrote:What I love most about Flores is the kid actually loves being a Met and wants to be here so bad it brought him to tears to think he was on his way out. Walk off homer tonight by him was script worthy. Oh yeah, and Mets fans showed some great class with the stand ovations they gave him (Wednesday when they thought he was traded and tonight, his 1st game after teargate.

You don't see it too often, that's for sure. But Wilmer's been with the Mets organization since he was 16 years old, just a kid. He's still only 22 but has spent 6 years with this team. Plus, I'd be crying if I had to go play in Milwaukee too. Can't believe they can any decent Latino cuisine.

I think Wilmer got 3 or 4 standing ovations tonight. One for the fielding playing in the 2nd (?) inning. One for the RBI single driving in the first run. And then the final one for the walk off. Plus, I think he got one or two last night. He's going to break the Mets record for standing Os. lol
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#4 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Aug 1, 2015 6:48 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEiA-G2kQ5s[/youtube]
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,761

Post#5 » by Stannis » Sat Aug 1, 2015 8:49 am

He has the clutch gene.
Free Palestine
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,926

Post#6 » by islanders11040 » Sat Aug 1, 2015 3:50 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmL4rNYmJ9U[/youtube]

Damn that was satisfying. You know everyone was super pumped when the coach's all ran onto the field too to give Flores High fives and hugs :D

I would love nothing more than for this to kickstart a long solid career for Flores. He flash's good defense every now and then. Possibly future everyday 2b if Murphy leaves this offseason?
RealGM
And1: 39,135

Post#7 » by 2010 » Sun Aug 2, 2015 7:02 pm

islanders11040 wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmL4rNYmJ9U[/youtube]

Damn that was satisfying. You know everyone was super pumped when the coach's all ran onto the field too to give Flores High fives and hugs :D

I would love nothing more than for this to kickstart a long solid career for Flores. He flash's good defense every now and then. Possibly future everyday 2b if Murphy leaves this offseason?

I think 2B is gonna Dilson Herrera's once Murph leaves. If David doesn't get his back Wright, Wilmer might end up playing a lot of 3B.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,761

Post#8 » by Stannis » Mon Aug 3, 2015 1:40 am

My favorite tweet said some thing like "say what you want about Sandy, but him fake trading Wilmer and turning him into Jeter was brilliant".

Gotta luv Wilmer.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Mets