Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

anthoang
Junior
And1: 15

Re: Super Lintendo: The Jeremy Lin Thread 

Post#1281 » by anthoang » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:51 pm

Mystical Apples wrote:
fatlever wrote:
Flip Murray wrote:who do you guys think would be a better bromance, Lin-MKG or Lin-Kemba?

Lin-Kaminsky tops all bromance options.

Not being Lin-Kaminsky would be a bromance upset

I rooted for Kaminsky while he was at Wisconsin, but I don't see him athletic enough to do the pick-n-roll to the basket. I just don't see him being able to finish at the rim with alleyopp dunks. I hope i'm wrong though.

he's good for pick and pop at the 3-point line... but that's a lower pct shot.

Let's not forget about Zeller.
"You can't stop Jeremy Lin fans. You can only hope to contain them."

http://AsianPlayers.com
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#1282 » by spaceballer » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:18 am

So in one of the recent Hive Talk Live segments from At The Hive, they sounded surprised and overjoyed that they got 7k views on their recent video breaking down Lin's defense. After hearing that, I went to their youtube channel to look up what their typical numbers were.

Currently, the Lin Defense clip has nearly 11K views. The video released immediately prior to that, about Batum's pick and roll, only has 618 views. None of their other Hive Talk Live videos break 1K views either, other than the breakdown of Lin attacking the rim video that has 5K views.

Just inserting Lin's name into any of their podcasts or videos suddenly gives a long time small market Hornets fan outlet a significant boost in views, where none of their recent Hive Talk Live clips have broken the 1K barrier other than their two Lin videos.

It does seem like Lin's presence on the team is giving traditional existing Hornets media and fan outlets a bit of a boost if the experience of ATH is typical.
Reflexx
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#1283 » by Reflexx » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:35 pm

spaceballer wrote:So in one of the recent Hive Talk Live segments from At The Hive, they sounded surprised and overjoyed that they got 7k views on their recent video breaking down Lin's defense. After hearing that, I went to their youtube channel to look up what their typical numbers were.

Currently, the Lin Defense clip has nearly 11K views. The video released immediately prior to that, about Batum's pick and roll, only has 618 views. None of their other Hive Talk Live videos break 1K views either, other than the breakdown of Lin attacking the rim video that has 5K views.

Just inserting Lin's name into any of their podcasts or videos suddenly gives a long time small market Hornets fan outlet a significant boost in views, where none of their recent Hive Talk Live clips have broken the 1K barrier other than their two Lin videos.

It does seem like Lin's presence on the team is giving traditional existing Hornets media and fan outlets a bit of a boost if the experience of ATH is typical.

For sure.

I think I'm going to make some videos and just throw his name in there.

3D Printing Jeremy Lin figurine
Make a Jeremy Lin logo in Autodesk Maya
Rendering a kitchen in 3D... because Jeremy Lin likes to cook
spaceballer
Head Coach

Post#1284 » by spaceballer » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:24 pm

Hornets and TWC Arena land their first ever contract with an Official Tire sponsor in Charlotte's entire franchise history, almost certainly because of Lin.

http://www.maxxis.com/news/corporate/maxxishornets-announce-partership

Maxxis Tires has followed Lin from team to team, signing with whatever arena he plays in.
anthoang
Junior
And1: 15

Post#1285 » by anthoang » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:08 pm

Reflexx wrote:
For sure.

I think I'm going to make some videos and just throw his name in there.

3D Printing Jeremy Lin figurine
Make a Jeremy Lin logo in Autodesk Maya
Rendering a kitchen in 3D... because Jeremy Lin likes to cook

Hahaha...

so if the Hornets sell a billion Jeremy Lin Charlotte Hornet jerseys, Michael Jordan only gets to keep 50% of the revenues while the rest of the NBA teams gets the other 50%?
"You can't stop Jeremy Lin fans. You can only hope to contain them."

http://AsianPlayers.com
lleepar
Junior
And1: 8

Post#1286 » by lleepar » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:37 pm

spaceballer wrote:So in one of the recent Hive Talk Live segments from At The Hive, they sounded surprised and overjoyed that they got 7k views on their recent video breaking down Lin's defense. After hearing that, I went to their youtube channel to look up what their typical numbers were.

The video Lin put up yesterday already has over 1.2 Million views.
spaceballer
Head Coach

Post#1287 » by spaceballer » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:07 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JLin7/status/647172108104151040[/tweet]
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/3m982x/hey_rnba_its_jeremy_lin_ask_me_anything/
spaceballer
Head Coach

Post#1288 » by spaceballer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:08 am

(crossposting this from GB)
Here's a rough transcript in chronological order of his responses. I used "random fan" if the questioner didn't have team flair next to his name.

Jeremy Lin wrote:Hey /r/nba it's Jeremy Lin! Ask me anything!!

No lie...it's my first time on Reddit (yes, I live under a rock haha). Thank you for watching Riley Curry's youtube video where I make a brief cameo lol. She stole the show! Here for the next hour or so...fire away with any questions!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izB8P8oyhJk

GSW Fan:
What's up Jeremy!
What's the weirdest ad campaign/product anyone's ever approached you to promote?

JLin:
During Linsanity, I was approached by a soy sauce company (I promise) hahah. I just thought in my head what a sample commercial would look like and realized this might not be the best opportunity for me right now.

Spurs Fan:
Is the hair in the beginning of that video just for the video, or are you rolling with that now?

JLin:
Hahaha besides Riley, my hair has been the videos second-most talked about topic. Basically, me and my little brother were talking one day and we were talking about how we both wanted new hairstyles. Turns out, it was the same one. So we made an agreement to get the same hair. We tried to get our older brother in on it, but he looked at us and scoffed so that was that. Then 5 other of my friends decided they wanted in, so we made a pact between the 7 of us to make sure by next summer, we would all have the same hairstyle. So right now its the awkward phase...which is why I'm trying to salvage it by going Super Saiyan

Raptors Fan:
Woah this is unexpected!
Jeremy, who's the funniest guy you've ever played with?

JLin:
Hmmm great questions. It's really hard because the NBA is full of soooo many personalities. And some of my teammates are unintentionally funny because they are either crazy or not that bright (shh dont tell anyone i said that). But the funniest ones are probably Jared Jeffries and Nick Young.

Celtics fan:
So Nick Young is not so bright. Got it.

JLin:
hahaha hes actually really bright. He's one of the wittiest, quickest thinkers

Hornets fan:
How have you like Charlotte as a city so far? Can't wait for the season to start!

JLin:
I actually really like the city. I know during my press conference I said it reminded me of Palo Alto, and I'm standing by that statement. Both are beautiful cities, very quiet, clean and lowkey. They are both small enough to have the suburb feel but also big enough where you aren't always bored.

Rockets fan:
Thanks for doing this Jeremy!
What was the coolest thing that happened to you during the "Linsanity" phase?

JLin:
Fruit roll up made a life-size jersey out of fruit roll ups lol

Random fan:
What is your favorite SSBM character?

JLin:
N64 - Captain Falcon Gamecube - Marth Wii - Little Mac

Spurs fan:
You are forced to get a pokemon tattoo on your bicep. Which pokemon is it and why?

JLin:

Blastoise. Hes a beastttt. And his cannons would fit well on my cannons lol

Random fan:
Hey Jeremy! Just wanted to know, how did you meet Ryan higa?

JLin:
I met Ryan and Kevjumba a longgg time ago when I first was interested in starting a Youtube channel in LA. I didnt know Ryans actually pretty shy with strangers in real life so I thought he hated me after our first interaction.

Knicksfan:
What was it like to meet Riley Curry?

JLin:
So starstruck I couldn't even function lol

Lakers fan:
What Dota 2 hero would you compare yourself to? How about some of your former and current teammates?

JLin:
I am like Spirit Breaker on the court ... I like running around at top speed haha.

Cavs fan:
Hardest part about switching teams?

JLin:
Moving. Spent my first 10 days in Charlotte with no internet and the first 3 weeks without a bed. The movers are killin me!!

Lakers fan:
What's your MMR in Dota 2 ?

JLin:
~4000

Clippers fan:
Do you keep in touch with all the players who were in your last video?
On a similar note, who do you think the most well-connected (to other players) guys in the NBA are?

JLin:
I keep in touch with all of them thats probably why they were willing to film with me. I would say Chandler Parsons is one of the most popular players in the NBA.

Knicks fan:
New York misses you. We treated you wrong. Baby come back.

JLin:
I appreciate that! For awhile I was upset everyone kept thinking/saying I was the one I left...but everything happens for a reason!

Random fan:
Do you make Kobe take off his shoes at your house?

JLin:
Doesn't matter who you are, house rules apply! Even my momma needs to take her shoes off in my house lol

Random fan:
I remember playing against you and guarding you at UCLA Wooden Center before Linsanity happened (during the lockout). I was the Korean dude that got some buckets on you haha. You did get a dunk in tho... Do you ever plan on coming back to hoop there?

JLin:
hahah I actually played there last summer.

Raptors fan:
When you came to Toronto during he peak of Linsanity it seemed as if there were more Lin fans in the crowd than Raptors fans. How did it feel playing in an atmosphere like that away from home?

JLin:
I'll never forget that game. I was shocked because I never knew Toronto had such a strong asian community until that game. It literally felt like a home game except this one courtside fan was just yelling and criticizing me the whole game. If I could go back, I'd probably smile at him after hitting the game-winner lol

Spurs fan:
Could you currently beat MJ one on one?

JLin:
He's my boss...so I'll let him have this one lol

Suns fan:
What's your favorite part about NBA life? Thank you!

JLin:
Everyday I wake up and hoop. Seriously, it's not even fair. I definitely miss playing games and can't wait for this season to start. I'd also say my second favorite thing is the chip selection on our private planes. Most every team has a plethora of solid options lol

Celtics fan:
Why wasn't Parsons in your latest vid?

JLin:
we were both trying to make it work but our schedules never matched up...what scene would you have wanted to see him in?

Portland fan (and Mod):
Verified!
EDIT: Looks like we're having some trouble with Jeremy's account. We're trying to get it figured out, guys. Sorry!
EDIT 2: He's back!

NBA:
Verified. Also, here is Jeremy's Tweet about it: https://twitter.com/JLin7/status/647172108104151040

JLin:
for further verification you can go to my twitter page where I posted a super awkward picture of me trying to look cool but looking super lame because I just woke up from a nap and my heads spinning

Celtics fan:
You can play on any team, during any era, which team and era do you choose?

JLin:
To be honest, I would love to have played with Yao. Not only do I think our games would complement each other but I just think for two full Asians to share the NBA court on the same team would have been epic and ground-breaking

Random fan:
Favorite anime?

JLin:
Narutoooooooo #dattebayo

Bulls fan:
Tell us something we don't know about Kobe.

JLin:
People know he flies in a helicopter to and from practice/games, but did you know his helicopter windows are tinted? #truestory

Rockets fan:
how do you envision yourself fitting on the hornets?

JLin:
I'm hoping to be a dynamic combo guard that creates a lot of open shots for other people/puts a ton of pressure on the defense. The Hornets struggled to create offense and open 3's last year so I think I can really help in that area.

Random fan:
What are some areas you are currently working on to step up your game to the next level?

JLin:
I changed my shot a little bit where I lowered my release point in hopes of conserving more energy and being a more efficient shooter. I also have been working on my defense, ball handling/dribble moves and floaters.

Random fan:
What's the most important lesson that you have learned by yourself? Not what someone else said, but what have your experiences growing up into an NBA player taught you?

JLin:
The most important lesson I learned is that no amount of success or failure will fill the void inside my heart that yearns for joy, purpose and fulfillment. Going through the highs of Linsanity and the lows of being cut have reminded me just how important it is to find my true worth in Jesus Christ!

TWolves fan:
Do you edit your own videos? Would you ever do a Muse project like Kobe?

JLin:
My friend edits and films my videos. We sit down at write the scripts together. It's actually a pretty fun process and we end up making up a lot of the lines on the fly.

Pelicans fan:
Does not being recognized as an NBA player get under your skin or is it actually kinda nice being able to stay low key?

JLin:
It depends. It's nice at times that I'm the same size and I look like a normal dude so I can walk around and not draw the attention that a 7-footer would. But sometimes it's frustrating that when I try to walk through arenas (even before road games), they will let in all my teammates but stop me. It just reminds me how far we have to go as a society in terms of racial stereotypes. People made a big deal about the Hornets security not letting me in but that happens multiple times every year on whatever team I'm on.

Lakers fan:
Jeremy, what is your favorite kind of Chinese food?

JLin:
My moms Chinese cooking (she makes this awesome pastry, the best fried rice and this amazing carrot dish). But even I can't turn down a Panda Express meal every once in awhile...it drives my mom insane when I go there to eat though haha

Hornets fan:
Why Charlotte?

JLin:
Because they were very serious about wanting me and because they gave me the best opportunity to be the player I feel like I can be on the floor. My conversations with Coach Clifford and Coach Silas really persuaded me that they understood my game and how to use me.

Rockets fan:
Thanks for the time to do an AMA!
What is your favorite cheat meal?

JLin:
finally ... my favorite question. Two years ago I was on a pretty strict diet during the offseason and my trainer said I could have one cheat meal when we got back from our annual asia trip. I ended up having 2 double doubles and animal style fries from In-n-out. I then went to McDonalds and got 6 piece chicken mcnuggets, large fries, and an oreo mcflurry with caramel. I ended the night at Taco Bell getting chicken quesadillas, a beef chalupa, and a mountain dew. There were no left overs.

Suns fan:
What's the worst part about being an NBA Player that your average joe likely wouldn't know about?

JLin:
How much of a toll traveling takes. Sometimes we have to play four games in five nights in four cities in different time zones and we're getting to our hotels at around 2-4am after just finishing up another game. But we as players love playing the game so its totally worth it!

Knicks fan:
Has anyone ever asked you to take a picture of another NBA player?

JLin:
Yea it happened all the time as a rookie. Steph and David Lee got picture requests and they thought I was the trainer or the film guy and would ask me to take it.

Rockets fan:
What is your go to snack?

JLin:
Healthy snack: Quest Bar or Justins Peanut Butter Cup Unhealthy snack: Milk chocolate coffee ice cream bar and Haribo gummies

Random fan:
What's your favourite spot to eat in NYC?

JLin:
Sushi of Gari. My favorite sushi spot in the world. Upper West Side. It's pretty expensive though but you gotta get the Omakase.

Random fan:
Just wanted to say I love you. I've loved the Knicks my whole life, and watching you during Linsanity was probably the happiest and best I've ever felt watching basketball.

Also, one of my buddies older sister went to Harvard the same time as you, and said she'd always see you trashed out of your mind in the middle of the night riding the Harvard campus busses with 2 40s strapped to your hands (Edward 40hands). Can you please confirm for me if you were a big of a rager as she makes you out to be?

JLin:
Hahaha anyone who knows me knows I could never finish 2 40's and beer is my least favorite drink in the world!! And I don't think I ever took the bus...except to church on Sunday morning

GSW fan:
Any advice on how to stay in touch with your spirituality and God amongst such a hectic life? Struggling to find my place these days...

JLin:

What has helped me is maintaining a rhythm. I try to do a Bible devotional in the morning and then read a few pages in a Christian book at night. Also having close family/friends to keep me accountable is huge as well!

Suns fan:
Was it hard getting into Harvard?

JLin:
Hell yea!!! Luckily the basketball coach really wanted me lol

Nets fan:
What is the toughest part/temptation of being a Christian in the NBA? / Have you found a church in Charlotte yet?
Love getting your prayer requests to see you struggle with the same things we do!

JLin:
I would say the toughest temptation is dealing with pride because being in the NBA everyone tells you how awesome you are. We have been visiting some churches in the area but haven't settled on anywhere yet. Thank you for your prayers.

Mavs fan:
It's ama season! Jeremy, what's your favorite pre game dunk that you've never unleashed?

JLin:
I can only throw down like 2 dunks and they look almost the same. Beggers can't be choosers. I'll take any dunk I get lol

Knicks fan:
So, do you think you've changed, bro?

JLin:
Haha you know whats funny is after we released that video, my Rockets teammates would always say "you've changed, bro" whenever I would do anything. Pretty cool that they were fans of my youtube videos

Lakers fan:
So when are going to add me to your Dota clan?

JLin:
You play support? Because me and my lil bro typically take mid/hard carry because we like gettin buckets

Random Fan:
Are you going to dye your hair blue and be sonic for halloween?

JLin:
Deciding between blue for Sonic or blonde for Guile. Thoughts?

Orlando Magic fan:
Hey Jeremy big fan. I noticed in your video that you had a few features from players you never played with. Do other NBA players just know each other or did you just sweet talk them during games?

JLin:
You come in contact with so many players in the NBA you end up being boys with a lot of them. I asked DeAndre after playing pick up one day at the Clippers facility.

Hawks fan:
Hey Jeremy!
Not much to say but if you are going with that hairstyle, keep the headband.
In fact you should have your own headband style.

JLin:
Oh dont worry, the headband will be in full effect this season

Raptors fan:
Favorite city to visit on the road?

JLin:
probably Golden State because I love going home. One of the most underrated cities I love going to is New Orleans because they have this awesome clothing store and yogurt shop right next to the hotel haha.

Random fan:
Hi Jeremy! Would you consider changing your name to Jeremiah and letting your beard grow? That would step up your game!!

JLin:
Hahaha first off I can't grow a beard. It ends up being these pathetic-looking whiskers every square inch...so lame. Second, I actually really like the name Jeremiah and kinda wish it was my real name. Girls in middle school used to call me Jeremiah the Papaya...i hate papaya

Random fan:
Do you still hang out with Ryan Higa? What do you guys do for fun?

JLin:
We play dota every week. I got to visit him this past offseason and we tried the Little Caesar's bacon-wrapped pizza...bombbbb

Bucks fan:
Jeremy! Have you tried getting any of your teammates into DoTa and if so how'd it go?

JLin:
They looked at me with a "you are so asian" glare

JLin:
Thanks so much for all your questions. Excited for training camp to start on Saturday!! Definitely won't be my last time on Reddit ... talk soon.

You can see the other comments from the rest of the reddit community at the full AMA thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/3m982x/hey_rnba_its_jeremy_lin_ask_me_anything/
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#1289 » by fatlever » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:28 am

I gotta give Lin credit, he really knows how to engage with his fanbase.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1290 » by fatlever » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:38 am

best question of the AMA

Thanks Spaceballer for compiling all of the Q&A

Random fan:
Just wanted to say I love you. I've loved the Knicks my whole life, and watching you during Linsanity was probably the happiest and best I've ever felt watching basketball.

Also, one of my buddies older sister went to Harvard the same time as you, and said she'd always see you trashed out of your mind in the middle of the night riding the Harvard campus busses with 2 40s strapped to your hands (Edward 40hands). Can you please confirm for me if you were a big of a rager as she makes you out to be?

JLin:
Hahaha anyone who knows me knows I could never finish 2 40's and beer is my least favorite drink in the world!! And I don't think I ever took the bus...except to church on Sunday morning
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1291 » by fatlever » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:42 am

Edward 40hands - The Jeremy Lin Thread
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1292 » by fatlever » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:49 am

Little General wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izB8P8oyhJk[/youtube]

I want to see everyone on the Hornets doing the "Bzzz Buzz City" thing after every basket. That would be hilarious.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,532

Post#1293 » by HornetJail » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:33 am

Lin's pretty funny. I look forward to more of him. I hope he's as good on the court as he is a personality off of it.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,701

Post#1294 » by TinmanZBoy » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:56 am

fatlever wrote:I gotta give Lin credit, he really knows how to engage with his fanbase.

Jeremy is a genuinely nice young man.
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,701

Post#1295 » by TinmanZBoy » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:58 am

MotorKeepsGoing wrote:Lin's pretty funny. I look forward to more of him. I hope he's as good on the court as he is a personality off of it.

Lin's efforts on the court will always be there
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,634

Post#1296 » by yosemiteben » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:45 pm

spaceballer wrote:
Hawks fan:
Hey Jeremy!
Not much to say but if you are going with that hairstyle, keep the headband.
In fact you should have your own headband style.

JLin:
Oh dont worry, the headband will be in full effect this season

Just noticed this. Guess Lin will be our token headband guy this year.
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#1297 » by 13th Man » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:22 pm

Can't wait for training camp to start and pre-season!
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,045

Post#1298 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:34 am

fatlever wrote:
Little General wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izB8P8oyhJk[/youtube]

I want to see everyone on the Hornets doing the "Bzzz Buzz City" thing after every basket. That would be hilarious.

Just watched that. Seems like a legit funny, great guy.

Hopefully he plays well so I don't have to jack hammer him in the GT's
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#1299 » by fatlever » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:46 am

lleepar
Junior
And1: 8

Post#1300 » by lleepar » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:18 am

Jeremy's dunk (with his two brothers) on his Mom was one of his illustrations for a video contest for his fans to submit videos of surprise, creative dunks. It was part of his fan appreciation week where he had various contests for the fans each day.

Anyway, when questioned about the dunk, Jeremy tweeted ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JLin7/status/497527298489593856[/tweet]

Return to Charlotte Hornets