ImageImageImageImage

Randy Gregory suspended 4 games

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,230

Re: Randy Gregory suspended 4 games 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:41 am

Jerry has had no good judgment since he bought the team. His first assignment was the way he handled and treated the Legendary Tom Landry who pretty much built this team from scrap.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#22 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:48 pm

This Thorton guy we got from the Egals yesterday should do just fine filling in for Gregory. If anything its a real good piece of depth which is still needed on this team. I hope this also means Hardy is gone. We can still get a stud Dt with number 4. I guess we also got a Cb from the Egals yesterday. Not sure about him.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#23 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:09 pm

Lets see, Gregory was a red flag we were warned about. Now Demarcus Lawrence has joined ranks with Gregory. he was also a red flag we were warned about. Does this mean we bring back the biggest red flag in Greg Hardy? I'll puke if that happened by Jerry never ceases to amaze me. Now most mock drafts have us taking Bosa, another red flag. Last year Jerry wanted to bring in Manziel. No discussion here. I know I posted way back somewhere regarding the culture in Dallas. I was hoping to eat my words guys, but it looks like we may never see our Cowboys in the Super Bowl again as long as Jerry owns the team in the few remaining years we have left. The culture MUST change. The environment Jerry has created since JImmy left is still nothing more than a revolving door and taking chances on red flag players.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#24 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:11 pm

Gregory suspended, now Lawrence. And most mock drafts have us taking another red flag player, Bosa.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,993

Post#25 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:23 am

This guy isn't a DE but I he's there at 34 he would greatly improve the run defense.

http://youtu.be/afNZkUuJqhA
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:12 pm

Yes, we talked about Billings a few months ago. He my #2 behind Deforest Buckner. That's why I am now interested in hearing trade offers unless our plans are to take Buckner at #4. But I think we can still get him at #8 and also gain an additional draft pick.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#27 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:24 pm

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
11/11/16, 11:06 AM
#Cowboys DE Randy Gregory has failed another drug test, sources tell @MikeGarafolo & me. Per the drug policy, next suspension is a year.

Hopefully this will be the final straw and they will get rid of this dip ****.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#28 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:40 pm

Mr B wrote:Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
#Cowboys DE Randy Gregory has failed another drug test, sources tell @MikeGarafolo & me. Per the drug policy, next suspension is a year.

Aye that. Just friggin' move on.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:47 pm

And while we're at it... cut that dumbass Rolando McClain too.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:42 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:And while we're at it... cut that dumbass Rolando McClain too.

Today - if possible!

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#31 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:55 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Too bad. Leon Lett was the best DT we've had since Randy White retired.

I still think if Lett had never done drugs and never gotten suspended he'd be in the HOF right now. The year he had to serve that 1 year suspension he was primed to dominate the NFL. After taking a year off he was never the same when he returned.

Erik Williams was never the same after he tore up his knee in that car accident. Also thought Williams was a hall of famer as well. Funny how things work out sometime. to be honest I thought Erik was better than Rayfield Wright.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#32 » by Mr B » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:40 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Too bad. Leon Lett was the best DT we've had since Randy White retired.

I still think if Lett had never done drugs and never gotten suspended he'd be in the HOF right now. The year he had to serve that 1 year suspension he was primed to dominate the NFL. After taking a year off he was never the same when he returned.

Erik Williams was never the same after he tore up his knee in that car accident. Also thought Williams was a hall of famer as well. Funny how things work out sometime. to be honest I thought Erik was better than Rayfield Wright.

Yea Erik Williams definitely would have been a HOF if he had never gotten in that car wreck. He was never the same after he tore his knee and elbow up in that wreck.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#33 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 2, 2017 6:38 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:

I guess Jerry and the coaches want to give him another chance.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jan 2, 2017 7:04 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

I guess Jerry and the coaches want to give him another chance.

The good news is we got to have him for a couple of games when we needed bodies.

The bad news is we both know the NFL will probably suspend him within the next two weeks.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#35 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 2, 2017 8:36 pm

7-10 days is what I heard, if he loses his appeal.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jan 2, 2017 11:02 pm

Mr B wrote:7-10 days is what I heard, if he loses his appeal.

His appeal will be heard in 7-10 days according to today's Dallas Morning News. If he loses his appeal it's a one year suspension.

Here a link to the Star Telegram article.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article124094279.html
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jan 6, 2017 12:53 pm

So... he's gone for a year. And it's now known that his agent fired him as a client in November. Apparently, his agent wasn't the only one to walk away from the dude.

The Cowboys have tried to provide Gregory with a strong support system. Hall of Famer Charles Haley served as one of Gregory's mentors, at least up until November, when Haley said on "The Fan" KRLD-FM(105.3), "I'm done."

"I come out there to help him, and he tells people he wants to fight me," Haley said. "So I'm done. He's got to take responsibility for his actions."

"You know what, you messed up once, OK. You mess up twice, you know you've got a problem. When you do it three and four times, man, how can you help him? He's got to want it himself."

Brandon George - Dallas Morning News

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/01/05/cowboys-de-randy-gregory-suspended-one-year-nfl-eligible-playoffs
Mr B
RealGM

Post#38 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 7, 2017 5:10 pm

Yea I honestly don't expect Gregory to ever play again. He's going to fail another drug test before his 1 year suspension is up and get a lifetime ban from the NFL.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#39 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 9, 2017 9:21 pm

Said it before and I will say it again. you can't fix stupid. Let both Cancers McClain and Gregory go as soon as possible. We need help on defense this next season and we don't need their distractions anymore. Come Jerry, wake up.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#40 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:04 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
2/19/16, 3:02 PM
#Cowboys DE Randy Gregory has been suspended for the first 4 games of 2016 for violating @NFL substance abuse policy. He has a history.
Says a lot of our vetting process. We vet these guys, do extreme background checks, and then we still draft them. Making the same damn mistakes under the Jerry Jones era hoping for different results. Just plain sick.

They knew exactly what they were getting with Gregory though. The guy was dumb enough to smoke right before the Combine last year.

Our red flag 6 years ago. interesting. :thinking:

Return to Dallas Cowboys