Forum Bugs, Account Issues and App Issues

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
BackseatBoss
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,269

Re: Forum Bugs, Account Issues and App Issues 

Post#241 » by BackseatBoss » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:46 pm

SMTBSI wrote:
DK-All Day wrote:
BackseatBoss wrote:Yeah, I have the same issue, if you would call it that. Over the past couple of days I've received around a couple of hundred of And1s and I'm still stuck at my old count.

At least I'm not the only one.

I'm having the opposite issue.

The last couple of days, my And-1 counter seems to be incrementing faster than I can account for based on the notifications I am getting, and the and-1's that show on recent posts.

I suppose it's possible that there are older posts of mine somewhere picking up and-1s rapidly all of the sudden for some reason, but it sure seems suspicious.

Well, there are some crazy posters on this forum who just like to And1 absolutely everything. Today when I logged in there's some guy named Sippy who is literally And1'ing everything on the Raptors board. Got literally around 100 notifications this morning about him clicking And1 to my posts. So maybe you have someone just as crazy on your board.
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#242 » by SMTBSI » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:48 pm

BackseatBoss wrote:Well, there are some crazy posters on this forum who just like to And1 absolutely everything. Today when I logged in there's some guy named Sippy who is literally And1'ing everything on the Raptors board. Got literally around 100 notifications this morning about him clicking And1 to my posts. So maybe you have someone just as crazy on your board.

I edited my previous post - I figured it out.

Every and-1 I give to someone else is getting added to my own total.

I just went back in this thread and and-1's 4, then 7, then 7 posters, refreshing after each spree, and my own total incremented by 4, then 7, then 7.

So, if your counter has stopped incrementing, it's probably because you're not being very generous with the 1's. ;)

EDIT: Yup, the and-1 backseatboss just gave me for this post did not increment my counter. But I'm willing to bet it did his.
BackseatBoss
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,269

Post#243 » by BackseatBoss » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:52 pm

SMTBSI wrote:
BackseatBoss wrote:Well, there are some crazy posters on this forum who just like to And1 absolutely everything. Today when I logged in there's some guy named Sippy who is literally And1'ing everything on the Raptors board. Got literally around 100 notifications this morning about him clicking And1 to my posts. So maybe you have someone just as crazy on your board.

I just went back in this thread and and-1's 4, then 7, then 7 posters, refreshing after each spree, and my own total incremented by 4, then 7, then 7.

So, if your counter has stopped incrementing, it's probably because you're not being very generous with the 1's. ;)

Holy crap, you're right! Happened to me just now as well. This is very weird.
SMTBSI
RealGM

Post#244 » by SMTBSI » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:55 pm

BackseatBoss wrote:
SMTBSI wrote:

Holy crap, you're right! Happened to me just now as well. This is very weird.

Wow, this is powerful information we have in our hands here....

I'm not sure I want the burden of this kind of responsibility...
SMTBSI
RealGM

Post#245 » by SMTBSI » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:13 pm

Some clarification on this point:
SMTBSI wrote:Now, I'm not sure that the issue is phantom and-1's, or if it's that the notifications are getting delayed. I've noticed that I'll get in a conversation, get a couple responses and a couple and-1's, but get no notifications, and then when I log in the next day, the notifications are there. So it may just be that things are lagging so much for some reason that the incrementing seems to be doing weird things.

I no longer think that is actually happening - what appeared to me to be lag is probably actually just a consequence of the self-and-1 bug.

I think it's just something I perceived and misinterpreted based on my counter incrementing (due to me giving out and-1's), but receiving no notifications. Then, overnight, I get a couple actual and-1s, which don't increment my counter, but do cause notifications.

So, it appeared to be that the notifications were getting delayed, when that was not the case. So, there's likely no notification bug - just the self-and-1 bug.
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#246 » by Left Side Drive » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:37 pm

+1

I and1 someone else and it gets added to my total lmao
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
SMTBSI
RealGM

Post#247 » by SMTBSI » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:39 pm

So an example of this bug in action:

The poster BackseatBoss references above, Sippy, now has 4787 and-1's on 80 lifetime posts.

Update: Sippy is now up to 9140 and-1's. At this point, I actually hope he gets to keep them once the bug is fixed, because that is a lot of time he'll never get back otherwise.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,545

Post#248 » by hermes » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:35 pm

and1 notifications

my profile settings are set so i'm not supposed to receive them but a few days ago i started to get them anyway
SMTBSI
RealGM

Post#249 » by SMTBSI » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:35 pm

And-1 attribution now appears to be fixed. When I rescind my and-1 from Hermes' post above, it subtracts one from his count, and does not change mine. When I and-1 him again, it adds one to his count, and does not change mine.

As of now, all of the ill-gotten and-1's of the last few days have not been rescinded/redistributed. For example, Sippy still has his 9700+.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#250 » by Kilo » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:07 pm

hermes wrote:and1 notifications

my profile settings are set so i'm not supposed to receive them but a few days ago i started to get them anyway

Yep. Happening to me as well. Checked my setting and box unchecked so I shouldn't be getting them.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Vandal Savage
Suspended
And1: 1,123

Post#251 » by Vandal Savage » Tue May 10, 2016 11:47 pm

I am not suspended, so can it be removed from under my avatar.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#252 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed May 11, 2016 12:35 pm

Vandal Savage wrote:I am not suspended, so can it be removed from under my avatar.

You should wear it like a badge of honor. And, if someone threatens to suspend you, tellem that you are already suspended!!!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Fidel Sarcasmo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#253 » by Fidel Sarcasmo » Sun May 29, 2016 11:06 pm

Not sure if this is anyone else's problem but I keep getting diverted to a "contest of champions" pop up on my iPhone 6. It has a picture of Cyclops on it. I am sick of it. I can't really use real GM anymore on it. And I use my iPhone on real GM preferably about 75-80% of the time over desk tops. Please help.
desi_4
Sophomore
And1: 18

Post#254 » by desi_4 » Sat Jun 4, 2016 3:11 am

I'm having an issue on my Samsung S7 where I'm constantly getting virus warnings while browsing realgm with the chrome browser.

It says something like "your system is heavily damaged by (4) virus" and then shows you a page that looks like a Google page with instructions on removing the virus. Is this a known pop-up coming from realgm?

I'm in Canada btw.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,203

Post#255 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Jun 9, 2016 3:04 am

Fidel Sarcasmo wrote:Not sure if this is anyone else's problem but I keep getting diverted to a "contest of champions" pop up on my iPhone 6. It has a picture of Cyclops on it. I am sick of it. I can't really use real GM anymore on it. And I use my iPhone on real GM preferably about 75-80% of the time over desk tops. Please help.

YUP.

Makes this site unbearable
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
mikestar
Junior
And1: 105

Post#256 » by mikestar » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:16 pm

Another user sick of Cyclops.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#257 » by Phish Tank » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:12 pm

Howard,

I think it's been an issue for a few months, but the RealGM app seems to be delisted on iTunes. I don't seem to be seeing anything in the app store. I have the apps downloaded on my phone and iPad, so it isn't an issue necessarily for me, however the app most likely hasn't been updated in a while.

Are you aware of this issue?
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#258 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:01 pm

I feel like I have no chance to successfully find an avatar that meets the requirements. It's either to large (which is not the big issue) or off a site that's not allowed (which holds up most of my attempts). Literally all the time. Any tricks? Which sites are allowed? Thanks
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 35,594

Post#259 » by Dirk » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:51 pm

basketboule wrote:I feel like I have no chance to successfully find an avatar that meets the requirements. It's either to large (which is not the big issue) or off a site that's not allowed (which holds up most of my attempts). Literally all the time. Any tricks? Which sites are allowed? Thanks

Maximum dimensions; width: 100 pixels, height: 100 pixels, file size: 49.00 KiB.

You have to edit the image, you can do it even on a simple program like paint. What image would you like as an avatar?
60/21/10
Kobe>Jordan>God
Analyst
And1: 868

Post#260 » by Kobe>Jordan>God » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:31 pm

Hi. I'm having trouble over the last few days with the "My Posts" function (the link in the drop-down menu under your username which shows the most recent threads you have posted in) and keep getting an error message saying "Sorry, search could not be performed. More information about this failure has been logged in the error log."
ImageImage

Return to Feedback and Suggestions