ImageImageImageImage

State of Cowboys Union?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,282

Re: State of Cowboys Union? 

Post#81 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:00 pm

Mr. B and Roadhog. I have a question which I'm sure you will be completely honest with your reply. Do you guys think our Cowboys have been successful the past 20 years with 9 playoff experiences? There's a Rams fan on the general board I have been arguing with for a couple days. I want to know if you guys feel the same why I do.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#82 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:06 am

Let me put it this way...

Today, Forbes listed the Cowboys as the most valuable sports franchise in the world at over $4B.

Imagine how much they would be worth had they won more than 2 damn playoff games in the last 20 years.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#83 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:39 pm

LOL. I saw that. However the question posed was, " do we as Cowboy fans feel our team has been successful the past 20 years or since our last Super Bowl".
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#84 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:44 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:LOL. I saw that. However the question posed was, " do we as Cowboy fans feel our team has been successful the past 20 years or since our last Super Bowl".

No.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Post#85 » by Mr B » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:46 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Mr. B and Roadhog. I have a question which I'm sure you will be completely honest with your reply. Do you guys think our Cowboys have been successful the past 20 years with 9 playoff experiences? There's a Rams fan on the general board I have been arguing with for a couple days. I want to know if you guys feel the same why I do.

Short answer is no. For the most part this franchise has been a joke over the last 20 years.

They have had some success but nothing that has been sustained. Over the course of those 20 years this has been pretty much an 8-8 team. I wouldn't call that success at all. Jerry has brought in an elite coach and had brought in puppets, none have worked. They've tried different offensive and defensive schemes and again, nine have worked enough to get them over the hump. The one common denominator is Jerry. We are going to continue to see more of the same as long as Jerry is running the show. Sad but true.

Like Roadhog said, can you imagine how valuable this franchise would be if they had actually built this team the right way and actually won a couple more Super Bowls. Jerry isn't willing to sacrifice doing things his way for the sake of winning. He HAS to do it his way.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#86 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:59 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Mr. B and Roadhog. I have a question which I'm sure you will be completely honest with your reply. Do you guys think our Cowboys have been successful the past 20 years with 9 playoff experiences? There's a Rams fan on the general board I have been arguing with for a couple days. I want to know if you guys feel the same why I do.

Short answer is no. For the most part this franchise has been a joke over the last 20 years.

They have had some success but nothing that has been sustained. Over the course of those 20 years this has been pretty much an 8-8 team. I wouldn't call that success at all. Jerry has brought in an elite coach and had brought in puppets, none have worked. They've tried different offensive and defensive schemes and again, nine have worked enough to get them over the hump. The one common denominator is Jerry. We are going to continue to see more of the same as long as Jerry is running the show. Sad but true.

Like Roadhog said, can you imagine how valuable this franchise would be if they had actually built this team the right way and actually won a couple more Super Bowls. Jerry isn't willing to sacrifice doing things his way for the sake of winning. He HAS to do it his way.

Thanks. I was beginning to think it was me. I got into an argument on the general board with a Rams fan from Los Angeles. I was chatting with a few other posters in the QB/over/under rated in today's football. You can go back and look at the points we were all trying to make. And you guys know me well enough to know how hard I am on our Cowboys the past 7 years. I'm sure Roadhog could definitely vouch for that, seeings he has known me for a few years now. Somewhere in those postings I stated to the fact that I would love to have another Roger Staubach even if it was for only 8 years. then somehow the subject got turned around to where even Staubach couldn't fix our defense that we have today and for the past 7 years. I wasn't able to argue much with his point because as you well know, I've probably been the worst and most hard core critique of our defense. especially the past decade or so. Then a question was posed to me. I was asked from a Rams why I was so hard on my team. I responded that the Cowboys have been a complete joke since the 1998 season got over. I pointed out we have only 9 playoffs appearances since our last Super Bowl in 1996. And 7 of those we all one and done and we have never been beyond the divisional round. I don't consider that successful at all and still don't. This Rams fan said there was nothing unsuccessful about 9 playoff appearances in 20 years, and pretty much reading between the lines, was kinda telling me I was a spoiled Cowboy fans from the 70's that has turned grumpy. So I came back here to pose the same question to see if you guys felt the same as me regarding our Cowboys, or is it just me.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#87 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:41 pm

The culture has never been worse for me since I became a fan in 1970. For years I have been embarrassed as some of you all ready know. But now, to me, its getting sad. Its so hard for me to look at Jerry, our new play pen, those royal blue and silver jerseys and be proud anymore. The star on the helmets don't shine like they used to. I even have had quite a share of young kid ask me why I am a Cowboy fan, because they suck. (I always wear Dallas stuff when I'm out and about). I don't know our system anymore. Our front office is still a royal mess, especially the PR department. WE still don't have a coach and we can't get the best in the business anymore because of cancerous Jerry. I knew a long time ago he was a disaster. But 13 years of Jerry the general Manger is a total disaster. There isn't much CHARACTER in this organization.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#88 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 2, 2016 4:40 pm

Or leadership. I'm pissed Romo came to camp so heavy. He's never looked so fragile to me. Thoughts?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#89 » by Mr B » Wed Aug 3, 2016 4:24 am

The culture is definitely the worst it's ever been. Even Landry's last year or two weren't this bad (as far as culture). Or even the Campo years. If Jerry and Stephen really can't see that Garrett's "process" has been a huge failure we are all in for the worst time of our lives as Cowboys fans.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#90 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 4, 2016 2:56 pm

Its hard to say how good or bad a coach Garrett is. I really feel Jerry hasn't let Garrett run the ship the way he would like to. Do I think Garrett is a great coach? hell no, but he has been handcuffed by Jerry over the years. I do know one thing though, Garrett is a lousy coach when it comes to half time adjustments.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#91 » by Mr B » Sun Aug 7, 2016 7:15 pm

Also really bad at clock management at the end of games.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#92 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 8, 2016 7:10 pm

I would just like to see Jerry take off the hand cuffs and stay out of the way for 2 years. I'd like to see the decisions coming from Garrett and his coaching staff. What can it hurt, Jerry has been a complete failure since he named himself GM.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#93 » by Mr B » Mon Aug 8, 2016 8:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I would just like to see Jerry take off the hand cuffs and stay out of the way for 2 years. I'd like to see the decisions coming from Garrett and his coaching staff. What can it hurt, Jerry has been a complete failure since he named himself GM.

Jerry would never do that because he only wants success if he is responsible for it. Having Garrett or any other HC win on their own does nothing the help Jerry's agenda.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#94 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 8, 2016 9:43 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I would just like to see Jerry take off the hand cuffs and stay out of the way for 2 years. I'd like to see the decisions coming from Garrett and his coaching staff. What can it hurt, Jerry has been a complete failure since he named himself GM.

Jerry would never do that because he only wants success if he is responsible for it. Having Garrett or any other HC win on their own does nothing the help Jerry's agenda.

I fully agree and don't disagree at all. I'm just curious to see what we really have in Garrett and this coaching staff. Would like to see them call all the shots, just to see if we really have the goods in these guys.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#95 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:04 pm

Mr B wrote:The culture is definitely the worst it's ever been. Even Landry's last year or two weren't this bad (as far as culture). Or even the Campo years. If Jerry and Stephen really can't see that Garrett's "process" has been a huge failure we are all in for the worst time of our lives as Cowboys fans.

Are you sure its Garrett's process Mr. B? Garrett wanted to get rid of McClain and especially hardy last year but Jerry wouldn't allow it. that's what I am hearing anyway.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#96 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:05 pm

And financially, we couldn't be doing better. #1 sports franchise in the whole world at over 4 billion. yikes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr B
RealGM

Post#97 » by Mr B » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:31 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:The culture is definitely the worst it's ever been. Even Landry's last year or two weren't this bad (as far as culture). Or even the Campo years. If Jerry and Stephen really can't see that Garrett's "process" has been a huge failure we are all in for the worst time of our lives as Cowboys fans.

Are you sure its Garrett's process Mr. B? Garrett wanted to get rid of McClain and especially hardy last year but Jerry wouldn't allow it. that's what I am hearing anyway.

I definitely think Garrett and his "process" are part of the problem. He shows no backbone. I'm not just talking about him not disciplining McClain and Hardy last year. But I still feel that he should have sat Dez after he went off on Rich Dalrymple. You can't have a player going off on a member of management like that. Do you think Landry or Jimmy would have put up with that? Not a chance.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#98 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:16 pm

What the hell you gonna do? Garrett still is and will always be Jerry's puppet. Even if Garrett was to do the right thing, Jerry has allowed players an open door policy at all times, and they just bypass Garrett. This is why we can't get a top notch coach and why I have been telling everyone since Parcells left that our front office is in total shambles. This is just another example.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#99 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:02 pm

Mr. B. Even with the surprising developments with Prescott this offseason, we are still in the same boat before we even drafted him. No back up QB. Maybe this is where we finally move on from the Romo era, yee haa. And It appears Prescott might be a blessing in disguise, but if he goes down, well, you can take it from here.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#100 » by Mr B » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:54 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Mr. B. Even with the surprising developments with Prescott this offseason, we are still in the same boat before we even drafted him. No back up QB. Maybe this is where we finally move on from the Romo era, yee haa. And It appears Prescott might be a blessing in disguise, but if he goes down, well, you can take it from here.

They will likely wait until the final cuts on Saturday to sign a backup. Austin Davis has already been cut but guys like Aaron Murray, Geno Smith, Shaun Hill, and EJ Manuel will like be the pool they will have to choose from.

Return to Dallas Cowboys