Will the Chargers remain in San Diego?

Moderator: bwgood77

bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Will the Chargers remain in San Diego? 

Post#1 » by bleu » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:06 pm

It seems like it's been a little while since I've heard much about the Chargers relocating, or about a new stadium being built in San Diego for them. Looking back and seeing a thread about the "Chargers last game in San Diego", I'm really glad that wasn't the case and that they're still around. But what is the general consensus among Chargers fans, do you think that they will be able to reach a stadium deal and stick around for a little while? In my opinion, it would be a huge mistake to move them, especially to Los Angeles.
OnceUponADime
Senior
And1: 399

Re: Will the Chargers remain in San Diego? 

Post#2 » by OnceUponADime » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:55 pm

I think they'll remain in San Diego, there's been some progress made for building a stadium downtown.

I don't think they'll move to LA anymore since the Rams are already there. If anything, I could see the Chargers moving to Oakland (if the Raiders leave for Vegas or San Antonio) or Vegas or San Antonio.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Post#3 » by bwgood77 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:49 pm

OnceUponADime wrote:I think they'll remain in San Diego, there's been some progress made for building a stadium downtown.

I don't think they'll move to LA anymore since the Rams are already there. If anything, I could see the Chargers moving to Oakland (if the Raiders leave for Vegas or San Antonio) or Vegas or San Antonio.

I hope they stay in San Diego, but if they moved to San Antonio I'd be pretty happy because I could drive an hour to see them and would likely go to a few games a year. I'd probably go to a game a year if they were in Vegas too.
OnceUponADime
Senior

Post#4 » by OnceUponADime » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:30 am

bwgood77 wrote:
OnceUponADime wrote:I think they'll remain in San Diego, there's been some progress made for building a stadium downtown.

I hope they stay in San Diego, but if they moved to San Antonio I'd be pretty happy because I could drive an hour to see them and would likely go to a few games a year. I'd probably go to a game a year if they were in Vegas too.

If I were you, I'd be rooting for the Raiders to move to San Antonio (if not the Chargers) so that you can at least see one Chargers game a year when they play the Raiders.

Must be tough living near San Antonio as a Suns fan considering the history between the two franchises lol.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:37 am

OnceUponADime wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

If I were you, I'd be rooting for the Raiders to move to San Antonio (if not the Chargers) so that you can at least see one Chargers game a year when they play the Raiders.

Must be tough living near San Antonio as a Suns fan considering the history between the two franchises lol.

Tell me about it. I worked for a homebuilder in San Diego and transferred to San Antonio and lived there for over a year. The good thing was, I was close to the head guy and he had some great seats and I saw the Suns play a couple times. The bad thing is that I was at the game in the 2007 playoffs they won to tie up the series 2-2 and regain HCA against the Spurs with 2 out of 3 left at home, and then Horry hip checks Nash into scorers table, Raja runs up to him, Diaw and Amare stand up off the bench and end up suspended for the next game, which the Suns still kept pretty competitive, but lost, and then lost in SA in 6. They would have walked over Utah in the conference finals like SA did (this was the year 8 seed GS knocked out 1 seed Dallas so Utah was the 4 seed) and crushed the young LeBron's Cavs team in the finals that SA swept.
OnceUponADime
Senior

Post#6 » by OnceUponADime » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:28 am

bwgood77 wrote:
OnceUponADime wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Tell me about it. I worked for a homebuilder in San Diego and transferred to San Antonio and lived there for over a year. The good thing was, I was close to the head guy and he had some great seats and I saw the Suns play a couple times. The bad thing is that I was at the game in the 2007 playoffs they won to tie up the series 2-2 and regain HCA against the Spurs with 2 out of 3 left at home, and then Horry hip checks Nash into scorers table, Raja runs up to him, Diaw and Amare stand up off the bench and end up suspended for the next game, which the Suns still kept pretty competitive, but lost, and then lost in SA in 6. They would have walked over Utah in the conference finals like SA did (this was the year 8 seed GS knocked out 1 seed Dallas so Utah was the 4 seed) and crushed the young LeBron's Cavs team in the finals that SA swept.

Yea there's definitely a lot of bad blood between those two teams. Overall though, I think Texas is much bigger on football than basketball though right?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:34 am

OnceUponADime wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
OnceUponADime wrote:If I were you, I'd be rooting for the Raiders to move to San Antonio (if not the Chargers) so that you can at least see one Chargers game a year when they play the Raiders.

Yea there's definitely a lot of bad blood between those two teams. Overall though, I think Texas is much bigger on football than basketball though right?

Yes, maybe not San Antonio, but the rest of it. All I hear on the radio here in Austin is UT football and occasionally talk about the Cowboys.
DijonRondo
Veteran
And1: 1,801

Post#8 » by DijonRondo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:46 am

no
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#9 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:17 pm

I always forget to post about the Chargers on here. I don't know how everyone else feels about the Chargers leaving but I would have liked them to stay in San Diego. I'm not from there but it's always sad when a team leaves a city.

Now I understand why the Chargers left when it came to the stadium. I just wish there would have been a solution in San Diego. I'm sure not many people in LA will care about the Chargers. No one seemed to care when I lived in the LA area. However them moving won't change my loyalty or fandom towards them.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!

Return to Los Angeles Chargers