Week 10 Game Discussion

Moderator: studcrackers

bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Re: Week 10 Game Discussion 

Post#61 » by bleu » Sun Nov 6, 2016 5:27 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:My Buckeyes finally playing again like we are capable. Should be up to 5 if not cracking top 4 after this epic beatdown over #10 ranked NEB

Very nice win by OSU, they looked very nice tonight. Don't think many people saw that big of a win coming.

That said, I do want it to be noted that I've been saying Nebraska is very overrated all along :wink:
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#62 » by bondom34 » Sun Nov 6, 2016 5:50 am

Just got in from Beaver Stadium.

For the first time I really think Penn State may be pretty good.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#63 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sun Nov 6, 2016 5:55 am

bleu wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:My Buckeyes finally playing again like we are capable. Should be up to 5 if not cracking top 4 after this epic beatdown over #10 ranked NEB

Very nice win by OSU, they looked very nice tonight. Don't think many people saw that big of a win coming.

That said, I do want it to be noted that I've been saying Nebraska is very overrated all along :wink:

Yeah I mean I don't disagree with you, I do not think they are a top 10 team in the nation. They looked pretty decent in a tough contest at Camp Randall, which is no easy place to play at all, but in all honestly they are probably better suited around 20.

If the committee stays with the slighting of Wash then OSU should take #4 I'd say, but I don't think they will, OSU should just move up to #5 which is fair to me.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#64 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sun Nov 6, 2016 5:58 am

bondom34 wrote:Just got in from Beaver Stadium.

You're welcome! That OSU win for you guys was huge. We had you guys and your team was all but ready to give up, then we decided to play nice and your team came bursting in, and before we knew it we had F'd it all away lol. Obviously PSU gets some serious credit for that comeback, but as an OSU fan I can't help but feel we totally botched that game/outcome.

I agree though PSU is looking great, I don't see another L for your team the rest of the reg. season.

Although you are in an unfortunate position, as you pretty much need Mich to lose to someone else and then my Buckeyes to make the B10ccg.

But regardless congrats for being back, good to see PSU start to regain it's former competitiveness, especially since MSU has decided to shizz the bed this year somehow.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#65 » by bondom34 » Sun Nov 6, 2016 6:02 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Just got in from Beaver Stadium.

You're welcome! That OSU win for you guys was huge. We had you guys and your team was all but ready to give up, then we decided to play nice and your team came bursting in, and before we knew it we had F'd it all away lol. Obviously PSU gets some serious credit for that comeback, but as an OSU fan I can't help but feel we totally botched that game/outcome.

I agree though PSU is looking great, I don't see another L for your team the rest of the reg. season.

Although you are in an unfortunate position, as you pretty much need Mich to lose to someone else and then my Buckeyes to make the B10ccg.

But regardless congrats for being back, good to see PSU start to regain it's former competitiveness, especially since MSU has decided to shizz the bed this year somehow.

Thanks man! Yeah, 2nd half of the game before OSU they started to click and that game was just unreal. I haven't been at a game in probably nearly 20 years since they dominated that well. Iowa's a solid team too, saw your score lol. Thanks for bumping us up a spot in the standings :lol:.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#66 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Nov 6, 2016 2:23 pm

I really like where the CFP sits right now - especially with the Big XII-2 and the other conferences lacking serious candidates. Everyone takes care of their business and each of the 4 big guys will be represented.

As it should be.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#67 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Nov 6, 2016 5:59 pm

Hopefully we can take care of business today so we can throw next week's game, lol !
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#68 » by Latrell » Sun Nov 6, 2016 7:16 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:I really like where the CFP sits right now - especially with the Big XII-2 and the other conferences lacking serious candidates. Everyone takes care of their business and each of the 4 big guys will be represented.

As it should be.

Ohio State is way better than Washington.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#69 » by studcrackers » Sun Nov 6, 2016 7:36 pm

at least tell us why they're WAY BETTER as you put it
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#70 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Nov 6, 2016 8:39 pm

Latrell wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:I really like where the CFP sits right now - especially with the Big XII-2 and the other conferences lacking serious candidates. Everyone takes care of their business and each of the 4 big guys will be represented.

As it should be.

They had better beat Michigan then. Otherwise they can enjoy a nice meaningless trip to Pasadena to play the second place PAC 12 team.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,557

Post#71 » by El Turco » Mon Nov 7, 2016 1:53 pm

studcrackers wrote:at least tell us why they're WAY BETTER as you put it

way better resume perhaps?
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#72 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Nov 7, 2016 4:06 pm

Latrell wrote:

As it should be.

:lol:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#73 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Nov 7, 2016 4:11 pm

I think he's just trying to troll at this point lol.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#74 » by Latrell » Mon Nov 7, 2016 5:26 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

I think he's just trying to troll at this point lol.

LOL.

Troll? Don't know if you've noticed but I'm not an Ohio State fan :lol:
I don't even like them at all. Just want to see them in the playoffs to avenge 2 years ago. I don't mind facing Washington though as it would be a much easier game.

But Ohio State has beaten 3 teams ranked in the Top 15. Washington beat Stanford, who was way overrated early and have a negative point differential on the season. Beat Utah by a TD. Congrats. Oregon?, Oregon State?, Arizona??...all terrible teams. You've played the equivalent of a Mountain West schedule. Especially compared to Ohio State who have had to play actual good teams basically every week.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#75 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Nov 7, 2016 7:59 pm

Latrell wrote: I don't mind facing Washington though as it would be a much easier game.

Nothing easy. I hope we get to play Bama. You'll be in for a surprise. :roll:
Wannabe MEP
Analyst
And1: 1,786

Post#76 » by Wannabe MEP » Mon Nov 7, 2016 9:19 pm

Washington vs Ohio State is an interesting one: undefeated with softer schedule vs one loss with tougher schedule. At this point, I'm not worried either way: both of these teams are in if they win out.

[There are a whole bunch of interesting hypotheticals for a one-loss Washington, but it gets annoyingly hypothetical in a hurry.]

I thought this Team Efficiencies table was interesting => Ohio States rates a little better on D, but Washington rates quite a bit better on offense. I'd say that pretty well matches the eye test: Ohio State can physically overwhelm teams and run all over them at times, but against a tougher defense, things can stall, whereas Washington looks more complete on offense because they have a more efficient passing attack (e.g., Browning is #2 in the nation in "total QBR", behind only Lamar Jackson).
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#77 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 8, 2016 12:36 am

Los Soles wrote:Washington vs Ohio State is an interesting one: undefeated with softer schedule vs one loss with tougher schedule. At this point, I'm not worried either way: both of these teams are in if they win out.

[There are a whole bunch of interesting hypotheticals for a one-loss Washington, but it gets annoyingly hypothetical in a hurry.]

I thought this Team Efficiencies table was interesting => Ohio States rates a little better on D, but Washington rates quite a bit better on offense. I'd say that pretty well matches the eye test: Ohio State can physically overwhelm teams and run all over them at times, but against a tougher defense, things can stall, whereas Washington looks more complete on offense because they have a more efficient passing attack (e.g., Browning is #2 in the nation in "total QBR", behind only Lamar Jackson).

UW would win on a neutral field. Too much offense for Ohio St. Dynamic running & passing game, as you say. You can throw out the strength of schedule all you want. Just a more complete football team.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,557

Post#78 » by El Turco » Tue Nov 8, 2016 11:56 am

washington barely handled utah, at this point i am not sure they could beat boise let alone osu
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#79 » by bleu » Tue Nov 8, 2016 5:08 pm

Arda K wrote:washington barely handled utah, at this point i am not sure they could beat boise let alone osu

"OSU barely handled Northwestern..."

Dumb argument. They won, and Utah is actually a very solid team who is VERY close to being undefeated. Say what you want about their strength of schedule, Washington has won every game that they've played, and looked very solid doing it. They beat Oregon, Cal, and Stanford by a combined score of 180-54. Those aren't bad teams either, they just looked like it against Washington.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#80 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 8, 2016 6:07 pm

Arda K wrote:washington barely handled utah, at this point i am not sure they could beat boise let alone osu

It's likely they lose to Michigan & it won't even matter.

Return to NCAA Football