Image ImageImage Image

OT: The next President of the United States: ★★★ Donald Trump ★★★

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Who are you voting for?

Trump
22%
Hillary
50%
Jill Stein
9%
Gary Johnson
4%
Other
5%
Not Voting
11%

Total votes: 82

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: OT: The next President of the United States: ★★★ Donald Trump ★★★ 

Post#1821 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:43 am

If Barack Obama had said, done things, and acted the way Trump did, there is no way he would have ever been president of this nation, let alone made it past the primaries.

But a white guy does it, and here we are.

Hell, Obama has one of the cleanest images for a politician (forget if you agree with his policies, but he is a choirboy compared to vast majority of politicians) and people still try to drag him into the mud by just making **** up. Creating complete racist/bigoted reasons to go against him. He's a "Muslim," essentially trying to say he's a terrorist. Or that he wasn't born in the United States.

That alone is very telling.

If you don't think there is still a racial gap in this country, you are just being willfully ignorant.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,519

Post#1822 » by dice » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:46 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
dice wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:Interestingly, Trump actually got 1% less of the white vote than Mitt Romney. So much for all these racists fired up to vote for him. Are there racists who supported Trump? Of course. But, I really don't think anymore so than any other election. Period. the numbers bear this out. I would say there were far more racists fired up to vote against Obama than to vote for Trump and it wasn't enough, so this logic just smells bad. This election was about much more than that.

Nobody is saying racism isn't a problem in this country (at least not me), just that it is not the reason Trump is the PEOTUS. It's the people trying to make that out to be the case who are just further dividing people. It's crying wolf and at the worst F'ing time. It's just the last thing the country needs right now. Call it like it is. Hillary lost because she didn't give enough people a reason to vote for her. She needed to come up with a vision not a bunch of rhetoric. The same rhetoric people are sick of hearing. The best her campaign could do is keep repeating that "Trump is a racist, narcissistic, sexist, mean idiot". "He sucks so you have to vote for me" is just not gonna cut it. Sorry Hillary. The Democrats have nobody to blame but themselves here. What an opportunity they had and they pissed it away.

hillary was a bad candidate. there have been bad candidates before. the working class is struggling. it has for 40 years now. what separated the donald trump campaign (one built on a racist conspiracy theory) and the supporters behind him was the overwhelming quantity of racists/xenophobes in his voting base

the numbers bear this out. paying attention to things he has actually said bears this out

Do they? The numbers look remarkably similar to Romney and McCain across the board with white voters. I mean, as has been said, Trump actually got less percentage (1%) of the white vote than Romney and McCain. He also got nearly 30% of the Hispanic vote. These were the biggest surprises. It is clear that many of the same white voters that voted for Obama must have voted for Trump here.

The truth is that women, and the non-white vote were both so much higher than expected for Trump that ironically it is the college educated white woman and the percentage of the Hispanic vote he got that put Trump over the top. Those were the huge deviations from what the pundits and pollsters were expecting. I just think that the percentage of "racists and xenophobes" in his overall support base being exaggerated and in reality not much different than most other recent election cycles. Those people are out there, we know that. They've just been more vocal this time. And I agree that Trumps disgusting behavior has made them feel less inhibited to be public about it. Sad, but that's where we're at.

i agree with most of this. but the percentage of racists is indeed high. i'm sure most of them did vote in previous elections though

trump did better with latinos than romney? trump did better with latinos than...ANYBODY? are we quite sure this thing wasn't rigged?
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Nikola
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Re: RE: Re: OT: The next President of the United States: ★★★ Donald Trump ★★★ 

Post#1823 » by Nikola » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:47 am

dice wrote:
GetBuLLish wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:
It's such a great day! The sun is out, the birds are chirping, the KKK is celebrating on bridges. I love America!

So all those latinos who voted for Trump are KKK members? And all the blacks that voted for him? And all the women?

I thought that losing this election in incredibly embarrassing fashion would help decrease the insane smugness and arrogance of liberals. But clearly it has not.

white supremacist leaders support trump. a huge chunk of his followers show interest in white supremacist groups. it's reality. get your head out of the sand

and what's up with your suggestion that women are not a sizable portion of those who sympathize with the KKK?

I want to chime in as an impartial observer that would never have voted for either.

Equating everyone who voted on either side to their lowest common denominator will make everyone look very stupid.

There are many issues we need to work on as a country that both sides agree on. We can't even address issues that deal with people being screwed by big money because the corporate media divides us on purpose. Don't fall for it.

Differences can be talked out constructively. But it's a no brainer that you should get those conversations started by coming together about things we agree on. We all have people close to us that are on a whole different spectrum than us but in those cases we address it with a stroke of love not fear/hate. Many of you posting a hateful/fearful tone would not be doing it in person. Be a bigger person and carry that on when on the net too.
dice
RealGM

Post#1824 » by dice » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:49 am

RedBulls83 wrote:If Barack Obama had said, done things, and acted the way Trump did, there is no way he would have ever been president of this nation, let alone made it past the primaries.

Hell, Obama has one of the cleanest images for a politician (forget if you agree with his policies, but he is a choirboy compared to vast majority of politicians) and people still try to drag him into the mud by just making **** up. Creating complete racist/bigoted reasons to go against him. He's a "Muslim," essentially trying to say he's a terrorist. Or that he wasn't born in the United States.

you forgot "radical christian" (reverend wright). yep, probably the same people that somehow believed both could be true
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM

Post#1825 » by dice » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:54 am

Nikola wrote:
dice wrote:
GetBuLLish wrote:
So all those latinos who voted for Trump are KKK members? And all the blacks that voted for him? And all the women?

I thought that losing this election in incredibly embarrassing fashion would help decrease the insane smugness and arrogance of liberals. But clearly it has not.

white supremacist leaders support trump. a huge chunk of his followers show interest in white supremacist groups. it's reality. get your head out of the sand

and what's up with your suggestion that women are not a sizable portion of those who sympathize with the KKK?

I want to chime in as an impartial observer that would never have voted for either.

Equating everyone who voted on either side to their lowest common denominator will make everyone look very stupid.

There are many issues we need to work on as a country that both sides agree on. We can't even address issues that deal with people being screwed by big money because the corporate media divides us on purpose. Don't fall for it.

Differences can be talked out constructively. But it's a no brainer that you should get those conversations started by coming together about things we agree on. We all have people close to us that are on a whole different spectrum than us but in those cases we address it with a stroke of love not fear/hate. Many of you posting a hateful/fearful tone would not be doing it in person. Be a bigger person and carry that on when on the net too.

acknowledging reality is most certainly something i do in person. you're correct in general though

one shouldn't fall for simplistic false equivocations either, by the way
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,838

Post#1826 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:02 am

The problem I have with the "Well, the percentage of white's is the same as Romney!" notion, is that Romney was a very qualified Governor, who by all accounts was a great person (Mormon). There were reasons to vote for that guy.

It should be rather alarming and/or telling that the white vote pretty broke the same way despite the seismic difference in candidate quality and character.

There was a lot of talk of the supposed "moderate" right that couldn't stomach voting for Trump. Obviously that was bull.

And don't even get me started on the Evangelicals...
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,492

Post#1827 » by DuckIII » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:09 am

RedBulls83 wrote:If Barack Obama had said, done things, and acted the way Trump did, there is no way he would have ever been president of this nation, let alone made it past the primaries.

If you don't think there is still a racial gap in this country, you are just being willfully ignorant.

It's not ignorance. It's joy. Covered by cowardice. Trump at least stepped to the plate and owned it. He would be disappointed in his supporters who lack the sack.

Tough talk. Supported by pussies.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#1828 » by waffle » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:12 am

yeah cuz a formerly indifferent to religion, 3x married, infidelity cruising, p*ssy grabbing, lock up your neighbor, strong arming the average joe kind of guy is Evangelical GOLD, right? It's pretty amazing. Exactly WHAT do they want in a candidate? Just not Democratic I guess? Anti-Secular Humanist? That's probably about right
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,154

Re: OT: 2016 Presidential Race (Trump vs Hillary) 

Post#1829 » by SHO'NUFF » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:14 am

jumpstart wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
SHO'NUFF wrote:

Don't be ashamed by the color your skin. White guilt is offensive. There is nothing wrong with being white. Be proud.

Trump also won the popular vote. Meaning all skin tones voted for him.

Trump did not win the popular vote.

lol

Right. At that time he was winning and was projected to win according to CNN...but he was close to winning it
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#1830 » by kyrv » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:24 am

Jo Jo English wrote:
Rerisen wrote:
Jo Jo English wrote:So you mean the emotional Democrats threatening things they may not back up might match the emotional Republicans from the past 8 years that threatened things they didn't back up?

Shocking.

Pretty much, its not the end of the world. Obama is going to meet Trump tomorrow at the White House. Boy will that be awkward... but they will make nice and the world will go on.

Considering our first black President has to be more diplomatic in that hour than the guy who owned the birther movement has been collectively in his entire lifetime, I think yeah, calling that awkward is accurate.

You are right. It is not the end of the world. It's just a blatant example of how **** up our world still is.

Obama clowned Bush during the media watched tour. Very rude and critical. While of course everything he said wasn't wrong, he found out, as they all do, talking and criticizing the government is way easier than actually governing.

I would hope Trump is more polite, although that won't take much.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,807

Post#1831 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:26 am

I totally get where you're coming from, and it's clear as day that there is still a racial gap in the United States but in this election, I don't think the way Obama ran his election can be compared in that way with the way Trump did his. Reason being, people clearly want/ed change, and that's the main point - they saw Clinton as a conduit to Obama and the same issues would still happen. Now whether that would have been truly the case or not doesn't matter, but the fact is, people thirst for change is in my opinion the main reason why Trump and his antics worked. Clean cut, didn't work, lets go for the brash prick and see if there could be some positive changes for this country seems to be the mindset of the people.

Now if we were talking about Bernie vs. Trump you get a change in approach and mindset, but without all the brash nonsense that Trump pulls. Though the polls have been off all election, I still believe that if it was Bernie vs Trump, it would have been totally one-sided election and Trump would have been demolished. The Democrats backed the wrong horse unfortunately, and though I understand why they backed Hilary they are now going to face worse consequences with Trump at the helm.
Why so serious?
kyrv
RealGM

Post#1832 » by kyrv » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:28 am

TheSuzerain wrote:
Mech Engineer wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:Interestingly, Trump actually got 1% less of the white vote than Mitt Romney. So much for all these racists fired up to vote for him. Are there racists who supported Trump? Of course. But, I really don't think anymore so than any other election. Period. the numbers bear this out. I would say there were far more racists fired up to vote against Obama than to vote for Trump and it wasn't enough, so this logic just smells bad. This election was about much more than that.

Nobody is saying racism isn't a problem in this country (at least not me), just that it is not the reason Trump is the PEOTUS. It's the people trying to make that out to be the case who are just further dividing people. It's crying wolf and at the worst F'ing time. It's just the last thing the country needs right now. Call it like it is. Hillary lost because she didn't give enough people a reason to vote for her. She needed to come up with a vision not a bunch of rhetoric. The same rhetoric people are sick of hearing. The best her campaign could do is keep repeating that "Trump is a racist, narcissistic, sexist, mean idiot". "He sucks so you have to vote for me" is just not gonna cut it. Sorry Hillary. The Democrats have nobody to blame but themselves here. What an opportunity they had and they pissed it away.

Yeah... Whatever you think of Hillary as a person/candidate, her team messed up. They could have been positive and never saw a positive ad until the last day while Trump was saying he will make America great again every day.

Plus, they ran scared and fell into his trap. It's like a basketball game. Do you impose your will on GS or try to play the free 3pt shooting game when you face them. You will lose.

For all her details on policy, she could not simplify those policies into simple sentences we can remember. That's my take.

I think this is a mischaracterization of their respective campaigns. Clinton did go mostly positive. Trump went super negative. Do you remember the conventions?

Clinton/DNC **** up in a lot of ways, but I don't buy this one.

I am in a big swing state, most of Hillary's ads are negative. There is one stupid one that is like a bad music video.

No commercials mentioned her record.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1833 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:31 am

It's kind of ironic that now there are protesters coming out against Trump. I bet a big chunk of those people out protesting didn't bother going out to vote in the first place.

What's done is done, the bottom line is Trump needs to be given a chance and hopefully with all the systems in place Trump doesn't even get the opportunity to go totally off the rails, but at this stage you need to cross your fingers and toes, and hope that it all works out and things don't go down the toilet.
Why so serious?
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#1834 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:38 am

kulaz3000 wrote:

I totally get where you're coming from, and it's clear as day that there is still a racial gap in the United States but in this election, I don't think the way Obama ran his election can be compared in that way with the way Trump did his. Reason being, people clearly want/ed change, and that's the main point - they saw Clinton as a conduit to Obama and the same issues would still happen. Now whether that would have been truly the case or not doesn't matter, but the fact is, people thirst for change is in my opinion the main reason why Trump and his antics worked. Clean cut, didn't work, lets go for the brash prick and see if there could be some positive changes for this country seems to be the mindset of the people.

Now if we were talking about Bernie vs. Trump you get a change in approach and mindset, but without all the brash nonsense that Trump pulls. Though the polls have been off all election, I still believe that if it was Bernie vs Trump, it would have been totally one-sided election and Trump would have been demolished. The Democrats backed the wrong horse unfortunately, and though I understand why they backed Hilary they are now going to face worse consequences with Trump at the helm.

Kulaz, I think you missed my point.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#1835 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:40 am

kulaz3000 wrote:It's kind of ironic that now there are prospectors coming out against Trump. I bet a big chunk of those people out protesting didn't bother going out to vote in the first place.

What's done is done, the bottom line is Trump needs to be given a chance and hopefully with all the systems in place Trump doesn't even get the opportunity to go totally off the rails, but at this stage you need to cross your fingers and toes, and hope that it all works out and things don't go down the toilet.

Yeah, I'm hugely in support of free speech and the right to protest for whatever cause you wish. But it is beyond idiotic to protest the results of the election in this manner. It's pointless, not a single bit of good can come from what they're doing. It's a waste of public resources to have to even police it. What exactly are they protesting? The people who elected Trump? They're essentially protesting themselves. Go back home, it's over. Like you said Kulaz, many of them probably didn't vote. They should have come out yesterday. They're only making it worse.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1836 » by DuckIII » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:43 am

kulaz3000 wrote:It's kind of ironic that now there are protesters coming out against Trump. I bet a big chunk of those people out protesting didn't bother going out to vote in the first place.

Or they did vote, and are nonetheless upset. Or they are negroes. In which case they were probably too lazy to vote. Right?

Please link me to your post suggesting tea party Obama protesters were "ironically" expressing their 1st amendment rights because they didn't vote.

I'll wait.
kyrv
RealGM

Post#1837 » by kyrv » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:43 am

kulaz3000 wrote:

I agree. And they screwed Sanders. People are protesting a fair election but not the rigged primary that led to Trump winning? I think Sanders as you said would have done very well. Now many won't vote for a socialist, but you have congress to keep him in check. And he's way more likable than the two we got.

I'm not 'mad' Trump won, I'm very worried like many people. I am mad at the choice we had.

Random aside, I do hope there is a woman President soon, but not Hillary, Palin, or Pelosi please.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1838 » by DuckIII » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:47 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:It's kind of ironic that now there are prospectors coming out against Trump. I bet a big chunk of those people out protesting didn't bother going out to vote in the first place.

Yeah, I'm hugely in support of free speech and the right to protest for whatever cause you wish. But it is beyond idiotic . . .

No one who is truly "hugely in support of free speech" qualifies that self-congratulation with "but".

Nice reveal though.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1839 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:47 am

RedBulls83 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:

Kulaz, I think you missed my point.

Did I? Alright, let me have a re-read when I get a chance. :)
Why so serious?
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#1840 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:51 am

TheSuzerain wrote:The problem I have with the "Well, the percentage of white's is the same as Romney!" notion, is that Romney was a very qualified Governor, who by all accounts was a great person (Mormon). There were reasons to vote for that guy.

It should be rather alarming and/or telling that the white vote pretty broke the same way despite the seismic difference in candidate quality and character.

There was a lot of talk of the supposed "moderate" right that couldn't stomach voting for Trump. Obviously that was bull.

And don't even get me started on the Evangelicals...

This, IMO, this is the scariest part of it all. We can only hope that Ginsburg and Breyer outlive Trumps tenure. She's like 83 and he's close to 80. I really don't want to imagine what the SCOTUS might look like if the evangelicals got their way.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson

Return to Chicago Bulls