Image ImageImage Image

OT: The next President of the United States: ★★★ Donald Trump ★★★

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Who are you voting for?

Trump
22%
Hillary
50%
Jill Stein
9%
Gary Johnson
4%
Other
5%
Not Voting
11%

Total votes: 82

johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Re: OT: The next President of the United States: ★★★ Donald Trump ★★★ 

Post#1841 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:55 am

DuckIII wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:It's kind of ironic that now there are prospectors coming out against Trump. I bet a big chunk of those people out protesting didn't bother going out to vote in the first place.

What's done is done, the bottom line is Trump needs to be given a chance and hopefully with all the systems in place Trump doesn't even get the opportunity to go totally off the rails, but at this stage you need to cross your fingers and toes, and hope that it all works out and things don't go down the toilet.

Yeah, I'm hugely in support of free speech and the right to protest for whatever cause you wish. But it is beyond idiotic . . .

No one who is truly "hugely in support of free speech" qualifies that self-congratulation with "but".

Nice reveal though.

Come on Duck, what are they marching on? What are they doing? it's not a qualifier, the BUT is the point. I'm just not sure what the goal is. Maybe I'm missing something here.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,839

Post#1842 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:55 am

I've come to conclusion that to a significant percentage of the country, all instances and forms of protest are idiotic.

I can't think of a more appropriate time to protest/demonstrate than right now.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#1843 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:58 am

TheSuzerain wrote:I've come to conclusion that to a significant percentage of the country, all instances and forms of protest are idiotic.

To what effect?
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,154

Post#1844 » by SHO'NUFF » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:09 am

Anyone watching these idiots protesting in Chicago burning flags, vandalism, etc? Also in other cities.

I'm so happy Trump won. Now I can sit back and smile at all of this....=o)
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
TylerB
Analyst
And1: 98

Post#1845 » by TylerB » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:09 am

Red Larrivee wrote:
GetBuLLish wrote:
League Circles wrote:Yes, that's always my main point when I counter in the way I've done here on these issues. Calling Donald Trump a racist a thousand times isn't going to create better policy, and it certainly isn't going to win over the hearts and minds of his supporters.

There are three reasons why liberals constantly resort to calling anyone who disagrees with them a racist, mysognists, sexists, etc.:

1) To make themselves feel better and morally superior.
2) To receive the adoration and praise of fellow liberals and thereby make one another feel better and morally superior.
3) To avoid having to debate the issue at hand on the merits.

Those are the reasons. Engaging in honest, open debate is not the goal.

Or, you know...because the man they elected is a racist, misogynst, bigot with zero political experience.

The zero political experience might be a plus.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,530

Post#1846 » by DuckIII » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:09 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
Yeah, I'm hugely in support of free speech and the right to protest for whatever cause you wish. But it is beyond idiotic . . .

No one who is truly "hugely in support of free speech" qualifies that self-congratulation with "but".

Nice reveal though.

Come on Duck, what are they marching on? What are they doing? it's not a qualifier, the BUT is the point. I'm just not sure what the goal is. Maybe I'm missing something here.

The "but" is the point. I agree. That is why I wrote my post. Same question to you, that I posed to Kulaz. Link me your post condemning the free speech exercise of Tea Party conservatives outraged when Obama was elected.

Do that, and I will take back what I said. I am emotional, and I admit it. And it bothers me to confront you in particular, because I am a fan of yours.

But this is all **** up. And I am a Midwestern, rural, baptized Christian, white, middle aged, father of all boys, overly focused on traditional male achievements (I coach 4 sports, like a meathead). And even my Neanderthal ass can see this is a god damned joke.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1847 » by DuckIII » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:11 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:I've come to conclusion that to a significant percentage of the country, all instances and forms of protest are idiotic.

To what effect?

. . . . asked someone to Gandhi. Maybe. If not, feel that anyway?
Bascitball
Junior
And1: 129

Post#1848 » by Bascitball » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:17 am

Protests without clear goals and reasonable demands will not have a positive impact. Having protests without offering any solutions will not help. Please create and promote a unified message that will be a force for good. Offer ideas that we can act on to show good faith.

Sadly the extremists on both ends get all the attention. This is inevitable with technology and communication. The middle, reasonable people with realistic ideas are too boring to get any attention. The image of those we disagree with gets further from reality when we only focus on the extremes.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#1849 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:19 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
RedBulls83 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
I totally get where you're coming from, and it's clear as day that there is still a racial gap in the United States but in this election, I don't think the way Obama ran his election can be compared in that way with the way Trump did his. Reason being, people clearly want/ed change, and that's the main point - they saw Clinton as a conduit to Obama and the same issues would still happen. Now whether that would have been truly the case or not doesn't matter, but the fact is, people thirst for change is in my opinion the main reason why Trump and his antics worked. Clean cut, didn't work, lets go for the brash prick and see if there could be some positive changes for this country seems to be the mindset of the people.

Now if we were talking about Bernie vs. Trump you get a change in approach and mindset, but without all the brash nonsense that Trump pulls. Though the polls have been off all election, I still believe that if it was Bernie vs Trump, it would have been totally one-sided election and Trump would have been demolished. The Democrats backed the wrong horse unfortunately, and though I understand why they backed Hilary they are now going to face worse consequences with Trump at the helm.

Kulaz, I think you missed my point.

Did I? Alright, let me have a re-read when I get a chance. :)

I'm simply saying that one person who is white was able to get away with something so heinous because he is white, and that if a black man (or likely a minority in general) did it, he would not have become the president. Let alone be picked as the nomination of a major party to run for POTUS.

Now you can disagree with that, but look at what happened to Ben Carson (he was saying some crazy **** and he was generally an after thought in the primaries). Now I'm not saying that a POC should he given that same leeway, but I'm saying that no one should no matter what color of their skin is.

But institutional racism, and the racial gap in this country exists, so here we are in our current situation.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#1850 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:22 am

DuckIII wrote:
The "but" is the point. I agree. That is why I wrote my post. Same question to you, that I posed to Kulaz. Link me your post condemning the free speech exercise of Tea Party conservatives outraged when Obama was elected.

Do that, and I will take back what I said. I am emotional, and I admit it. And it bothers me to confront you in particular, because I am a fan of yours.

But this is all **** up. And I am a Midwestern, rural, baptized Christian, white, middle aged, father of all boys, overly focused on traditional male achievements (I coach 4 sports, like a meathead). Andeven my Neanderthal ass can see this is a god damned joke.

My point is this.. What are they protesting? All the people who voted for Trump? The people who counted the ballots? Seriously. I'm asking what the goal and purpose is here.

Protest something Trump does as POTUS that you don't like.... or something he is trying to do. Protest the actual validity of the election if you have cause. Hell, protest James Comey. I just don't think it's wise to protest the "valid" results of the election on this day. There is no point in it. Are they just saying "he's not MY President"... kind of like the Tea Party idiots did. OK, cool, then. Just seems like a waste of time to me and when people do this they weaken the impact of a protest or demonstration when there is a real cause and a goal to achieve.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#1851 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:22 am

Bascitball wrote:

Protests without clear goals and reasonable demands will not have a positive impact. Having protests without offering any solutions will not help. Please create and promote a unified message that will be a force for good. Offer ideas that we can act on to show good faith.

Sadly the extremists on both ends get all the attention. This is inevitable with technology and communication. The middle, reasonable people with realistic ideas are too boring to get any attention. The image of those we disagree with gets further from reality when we only focus on the extremes.

The extreme just got elected president. And, no, Hilary is not extreme in anyway. She's a boring, middle-left candidate.

The protest is a display against the federal government in its current form.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#1852 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:24 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
DuckIII wrote:Hell,

But this is all **** up. And I am a Midwestern, rural, baptized Christian, white, middle aged, father of all boys, overly focused on traditional male achievements (I coach 4 sports, like a meathead). Andeven my Neanderthal ass can see this is a god damned joke.

My point is this.. What are they protesting? All the people who voted for Trump? The people who counted the ballots? Seriously. I'm asking what the goal and purpose is here.

Protest something Trump does as POTUS that you don't like.... or something he is trying to do. Protest the actual validity of the election if you have cause. Hell, protest James Comey. I just don't think it's wise to protest the "valid" results of the election on this day. There is no point in it. Are they just saying "he's not MY President"... kind of like the Tea Party idiots did. OK, cool, then. Just seems like a waste of time to me and when people do this they weaken the impact of a protest or demonstration when there is a real cause and a goal to achieve.

The tea party thing worked. And that's exactly what is is.

I can only hope this protest becomes a wellspring like that.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,568

Post#1853 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:26 am

(sorry if already posted) Just found out that Trump had less vote's than McCain, or Romney did in 08 and 2012.

Democrats didn't get off their asses and vote.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1854 » by DuckIII » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:29 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

My point is this.. What are they protesting?.

The meaning of the outcome. It's not complicated and you are smart. Stop feigning ignorance. It's beneath you.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,154

Post#1855 » by SHO'NUFF » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:30 am

G Buckets wrote:(sorry if already posted) Just found out that Trump had less vote's than McCain, or Romney did in 08 and 2012.

They voted. Just not for her.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
Bascitball
Junior
And1: 129

Post#1856 » by Bascitball » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:32 am

TheSuzerain wrote:
Bascitball wrote:

The extreme just got elected president. And, no, Hilary is not extreme in anyway. She's a boring, middle-left candidate.

The protest is a display against the very "extremes" that you bemoan in your post.

I was talking about all the supporters and protesters. We only focus on our extreme enemies rather than working with the 80% of the country that agree on many many topics.

How about putting that energy to focusing on topics where there is potential to move this country forward with overwhelming support? How about writing and calling your representatives in the House and Senate? How about working hard to make our communities safer, better places?

We have the technology to communicate and bring together the reasonable people in this country to demand real changes (especially on topics that so many agree on). Let's start there.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1857 » by DuckIII » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:33 am

G Buckets wrote:(sorry if already posted) Just found out that Trump had less vote's than McCain, or Romney did in 08 and 2012.

Link to your posts from the McCain and Romney elections calling Repiblicans lazy for not voting enough. Please.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#1858 » by Susan » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:38 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

Rejecting racism, sexism and standing up for minorities rights was the major focus of the protest in Chicago.

It's a statement that these rights will not be taken away.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#1859 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:56 am

Susan wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

Rejecting racism, sexism and standing up for minorities rights was the major focus of the protest in Chicago.

Good enough. I was wrong to criticize them. Stay peaceful and speak your mind all night long then.

I understand why so many don't want to wait. Are people afraid that Trump is going to start signing executive orders on inauguration day to take away civil rights, hunt down and deport 15 million illegal aliens, build a wall, take health insurance away from 20 million people, ban gay marriage, abortion and start bombing countries he doesn't like. It doesn't work that way and there would be a revolution if he tried.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#1860 » by Susan » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:58 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
Susan wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:

Good enough. I was wrong to criticize them. Stay peaceful and speak your mind all night long then.

I understand why so many don't want to wait. Are people afraid that Trump is going to start signing executive orders on inauguration day to take away civil rights, hunt down and deport 15 million illegal aliens, build a wall, take health insurance away from 20 million people, ban gay marriage, abortion and start bombing countries he doesn't like. It doesn't work that way and there would be a revolution if he tried.

Well, considering some of these things are mentioned in his document outlining his first 100 days in office, yes.

Return to Chicago Bulls