ImageImageImageImageImage

2017 John Lynch hired as GM & Kyle Shanahan named HC

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

49er4life1979
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

2017 John Lynch hired as GM & Kyle Shanahan named HC 

Post#1 » by 49er4life1979 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:49 pm

According to several reports, Jed's parents John and Denise are going to be getting more involved as they try to right this sinking ship. Maybe this means Jed will be reassigned or fired? Also that same report states that Baalke is likely done, and Chip's fate will be in the hands of the next GM. Lastly, Mike Shanahan's name is coming up again, perhaps as GM and you know he will want to hire his son to be coach. As GM, Shanny would actually be pretty good. Looking at that Redskins roster he's had a big hand in forming it. Kirk Cousins, Jordan Reed, Trent Williams, Pierrce Garcon, DeSean Jackson, Ryan Kerrigan. Very, very interesting.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,192

Re: FRONT OFFICE SHAKEUP 

Post#2 » by wco81 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:26 pm

Hasn't McLoughan had a couple of good drafts for them?

Shanahan had a poor last season there and it seems Gruden and S. Mac came in at the same time to turn that team around.

49ers would be better off with the drunk right now.
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#3 » by Dodub » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:12 pm

49er4life1979 wrote:According to several reports, Jed's parents John and Denise are going to be getting more involved as they try to right this sinking ship. Maybe this means Jed will be reassigned or fired? Also that same report states that Baalke is likely done, and Chip's fate will be in the hands of the next GM. Lastly, Mike Shanahan's name is coming up again, perhaps as GM and you know he will want to hire his son to be coach. As GM, Shanny would actually be pretty good. Looking at that Redskins roster he's had a big hand in forming it. Kirk Cousins, Jordan Reed, Trent Williams, Pierrce Garcon, DeSean Jackson, Ryan Kerrigan. Very, very interesting.

That would be a dream come true
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#4 » by CalamityX12 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:11 pm

Shanny as GM????

hmmmm idk....not sure if I could sign off on that....

I thought Gamble was basically in line for the role should/when Baalke mutually departs
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
wco81
RealGM

Post#5 » by wco81 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:24 pm

Kawakami doesn't think the York parents want to get more involved, especially day-to-day things.

Instead, just fire Baalke to throw a bone to the PSL holders, so they don't revolt.

As it is, people aren't showing up:

Read on Twitter

49ers have the money for all those red seats but how embarrassing.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#6 » by Jikkle » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:45 pm

If the York parents step in it would be to pull Jed out and put someone in place to run football operations. I agree with Kawakami in that I don't think they are interested in running the team.

Don't want any part of Shanahan as GM or Coach. He's wouldn't be terrible at either but he wouldn't be great at either as well. Outside the Elway years his Denver teams were mostly mediocre and that's how his Redskin teams were shaping up to be as well.

And being mediocre is worse than being terrible in the NFL because you wind up wasting away more years and getting Jeff Fisher disease where every year is going to be that breakout year but it never comes. It's better to be terrible to get better draft picks and to get coaches and GMs fired more quickly so you can move on to the next guy.
wco81
RealGM

Post#7 » by wco81 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:52 pm

That hasn't worked for the Browns, getting all those high picks over the years.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#8 » by Jikkle » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:00 am

wco81 wrote:That hasn't worked for the Browns, getting all those high picks over the years.

Browns are in their own special category of ineptness.

A lot of teams bounce back after high draft picks. The Bucs and Titans had top picks in the past two years and this year they are looking pretty respectable and are on the up and up.
wartyOne
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#9 » by wartyOne » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:52 am

Jikkle wrote:
wco81 wrote:That hasn't worked for the Browns, getting all those high picks over the years.

Browns are in their own special category of ineptness.

A lot of teams bounce back after high draft picks. The Bucs and Titans had top picks in the past two years and this year they are looking pretty respectable and are on the up and up.

We're much closer to being the Browns than we are either the Buccs or Titans. Another year of this incompetence, and the Browns will be able to say they're much closer to being us than either the Buccs or Titans.

Baalke being retained over Harbaugh will haunt this franchise until the Yorks die in a fiery plane crash and the team is forced to change ownership because of death. Easily one of the top three dumbest moves in all of professional sports. Ever. That will still be the case long after professional sports no longer exist. That level of incompetence should have forced the other NFL owners to make the Yorks sell. They obviously would have had three owners who voted against it. You know, the other NFCW owners who get to punk this sorry excuse for a football team twice a season. Despicable.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#10 » by thesack12 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:12 pm

I'll believe it when I see it.

As for Shanny, at this point I'm very much approaching the "anybody but Baalke" mindset. Whomever replaces Baalke could be bad, but they also MIGHT be good. Baalke is a known commodity that is truly terrible at his job.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#11 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:16 am

Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#12 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:00 am

thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#13 » by thesack12 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:15 am

Thanks for the links guys...

Umm, I like La Canfora's report MUCH better
wco81
RealGM

Post#14 » by wco81 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:20 am

Kawakami said the Yorks won't ever force Jed out of football operations involuntarily.

So Jed would have to voluntarily step down, accept a role just on the business side.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#15 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:22 am

Kawakami:
One very simple way to read the back-and-forth: If the Yorks think Shanahan initiated the earlier report, he's done as a 49ers candidate.
Dodub
General Manager

Post#16 » by Dodub » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:18 am

Regardless of who the new GM is, I hope that they make a change at HC. I've been a fan of Kyle Shanny for a few years now and kind of had a dream of landing him
49er4life1979
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

Post#17 » by 49er4life1979 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:31 am

Dodub wrote:Regardless of who the new GM is, I hope that they make a change at HC. I've been a fan of Kyle Shanny for a few years now and kind of had a dream of landing him

Well, do you really think its fair to judge Chip on this season? Two back up QBs starting, the worst WR core in football, a defense that cant stop the run or rush the passer. The only positives of the skill positions are a good RB and a decent TE in Vance. Nothing else. I think he deserves one more season with his players. Lets see how he does with a good QB and some good WRs.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#18 » by I_am_1z » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:29 am

Still find it hilarious you guys ran out Jim Tomsula with a better record in a BETTER division with lesser talent than 2016's team. Aren't we still paying Jim Tom anyways? Can we get him back?
Dodub
General Manager

Post#19 » by Dodub » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:38 pm

49er4life1979 wrote:
Dodub wrote:Regardless of who the new GM is, I hope that they make a change at HC. I've been a fan of Kyle Shanny for a few years now and kind of had a dream of landing him

Well, do you really think its fair to judge Chip on this season? Two back up QBs starting, the worst WR core in football, a defense that cant stop the run or rush the passer. The only positives of the skill positions are a good RB and a decent TE in Vance. Nothing else. I think he deserves one more season with his players. Lets see how he does with a good QB and some good WRs.

I do think it's fair to judge Chip after one season, everyone judges Tomsula after one season and he put performed Chip with basically the same roster. Not to mention that Chip has tried and failed before in the NFL. I think it's pretty much safe to judge Chip at this point.
Dodub
General Manager

Post#20 » by Dodub » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:39 pm

I_am_1z wrote:Still find it hilarious you guys ran out Jim Tomsula with a better record in a BETTER division with lesser talent than 2016's team. Aren't we still paying Jim Tom anyways? Can we get him back?

I don't want Tomsula back but you're exactly right, he outperformed Chip with basically the same roster and people are jumping up to make excuses.

Return to San Francisco 49ers