20%

Total votes: 5

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,437

Re: #2 Clemson vs #3 Ohio State - CFP Semifinal 

Post#21 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Jan 1, 2017 3:11 am

Should have been Penn State playing in this game.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,274

Post#22 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 1, 2017 3:25 am

I believe Wisconsin is just as good as anyone in the Big-10.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Re: RE: Re: #2 Clemson vs #3 Ohio State - CFP Semifinal 

Post#23 » by bleu » Sun Jan 1, 2017 4:16 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Should have been Penn State playing in this game.

I agree. Penn State certainly would have given them more of a game than that
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#24 » by El Turco » Sun Jan 1, 2017 4:23 am

I am sure northwestern would have given them more of a game today, doesn't mean they should've been there
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by bleu » Sun Jan 1, 2017 4:35 am

Arda K wrote:I am sure northwestern would have given them more of a game today, doesn't mean they should've been there

They won the conference, and beat the mighty mighty Ohio State. If any team from the B1G belonged, it was Penn State.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#26 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Jan 1, 2017 4:10 pm

Clemson >>> B1G

Doesn't matter who they run out there.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#27 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sun Jan 1, 2017 8:32 pm

Not so sure I've ever been more frustrated with an Ohio State game in my life. In 2006 we were just beaten, we looked sloppy, but UF just destroyed us. Clemson beat us good no question, but it felt more like OSU killed themselves refusing to adjust to Clemson at all offensively. I even said it before, it's going to depend on which OC came out. After a whole freaking month of preparation we look like we didn't prepare a second for it offensively. The score doesn't indicate how well the OSU D played. The whole game they had to be on the field and Clemson got great field position. IF it wasn't for our D it would have been 50 nothing.

Never been more frustrated in coaching ever. I'm ticked as hell at Beck, he should be gone immediately. He should be gone last year. Warriner should just go back to OL only, he isnt an OC. Urban needs smacked upside the head for letting it go on. A supposed offensive guru he sat back and let it go on time and time again. I know a lot of times fans really don't know best, or overreact, but in this one OSU fans have been right dating back to last season... massive changes are needed to the offensive side of the ball in the coaching department. A young team getting worse on O is never acceptable.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#28 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Jan 1, 2017 9:42 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:Not so sure I've ever been more frustrated with an Ohio State game in my life. In 2006 we were just beaten, we looked sloppy, but UF just destroyed us. Clemson beat us good no question, but it felt more like OSU killed themselves refusing to adjust to Clemson at all offensively. I even said it before, it's going to depend on which OC came out. After a whole freaking month of preparation we look like we didn't prepare a second for it offensively. The score doesn't indicate how well the OSU D played. The whole game they had to be on the field and Clemson got great field position. IF it wasn't for our D it would have been 50 nothing.

Never been more frustrated in coaching ever. I'm ticked as hell at Beck, he should be gone immediately. He should be gone last year. Warriner should just go back to OL only, he isnt an OC. Urban needs smacked upside the head for letting it go on. A supposed offensive guru he sat back and let it go on time and time again. I know a lot of times fans really don't know best, or overreact, but in this one OSU fans have been right dating back to last season... massive changes are needed to the offensive side of the ball in the coaching department. A young team getting worse on O is never acceptable.

Spoiled much? Lol. Hey, look on the brightside, you just landed the 1st pick in the upcoming draft. :D
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#29 » by El Turco » Sun Jan 1, 2017 10:59 pm

TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#30 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Jan 1, 2017 11:09 pm

Arda K wrote:Image

:lol:
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#31 » by studcrackers » Mon Jan 2, 2017 1:32 am

NUT TAP!
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by bleu » Mon Jan 2, 2017 2:35 am

Reminds me of this old gem by Goober's favorite team:

OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Jan 2, 2017 4:03 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:Not so sure I've ever been more frustrated with an Ohio State game in my life. In 2006 we were just beaten, we looked sloppy, but UF just destroyed us. Clemson beat us good no question, but it felt more like OSU killed themselves refusing to adjust to Clemson at all offensively. I even said it before, it's going to depend on which OC came out. After a whole freaking month of preparation we look like we didn't prepare a second for it offensively. The score doesn't indicate how well the OSU D played. The whole game they had to be on the field and Clemson got great field position. IF it wasn't for our D it would have been 50 nothing.

Spoiled much? Lol. Hey, look on the brightside, you just landed the 1st pick in the upcoming draft. :D

Haha to be fair, yes for OSU I am. It's just frustrating having a coach who is one of the best in the nation, and he let this go on. I look at Bama as the top dog in CFB this last decade, and OSU is striving to be at a level similar. OSU has the ability to be at that level, almost everything is in place. I can say that Saban would never let that shizz go on. He'd have kicked the OC out weeks ago. Urban is one of the few coaches who can almost compare with Saban as far as elite level, and yet he let it go on for 2 years now.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#34 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 2, 2017 4:25 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Haha to be fair, yes for OSU I am. It's just frustrating having a coach who is one of the best in the nation, and he let this go on. I look at Bama as the top dog in CFB this last decade, and OSU is striving to be at a level similar. OSU has the ability to be at that level, almost everything is in place. I can say that Saban would never let that shizz go on. He'd have kicked the OC out weeks ago. Urban is one of the few coaches who can almost compare with Saban as far as elite level, and yet he let it go on for 2 years now.

All I'm saying is, just be thankful that OSU is where it is. I attended games at UW when the team was 0-12 & Rick Neuheisel and later Tyrone Willingham ran the program into the ground. 15 years between conferences championships. A lot of down years. Heck, it wasn't that long ago Ohio State was on probation itself. Great coaches/teams come & go. Every school/program strives to be as good as Bama' currently is. But, you gotta Enjoy the ride while it lasts!
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by bleu » Mon Jan 2, 2017 5:56 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Spoiled much? Lol. Hey, look on the brightside, you just landed the 1st pick in the upcoming draft. :D

All I'm saying is, just be thankful that OSU is where it is. I attended games at UW when the team was 0-12 & Rick Neuheisel and later Tyrone Willingham ran the program into the ground. 15 years between conferences championships. A lot of down years. Heck, it wasn't that long ago Ohio State was on probation itself. Great coaches/teams come & go. Every school/program strives to be as good as Bama' currently is. But, you gotta Enjoy the ride while it lasts!

People get spoiled. I'm a fan of a G5 team who has had around 5 "good" seasons in the past 40 years. Grew up watching them win one or two games per season. Ohio State made the damn playoff. I understand how underwhelming that game must have been, but they'll be right back in the championship talks next year. Just take a step back and realize that there are 124 other FBS teams who would kill to be in the playoff.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#36 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Jan 2, 2017 6:32 am

Bama vs Clemson. Clemson wins if they don't TO and they stop the run...
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#37 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 2, 2017 7:06 am

Ballerhogger wrote:Bama vs Clemson. Clemson wins if they don't TO and they stop the run...

Easier said than done.

However, I think it will be a close one.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Jan 2, 2017 6:45 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Spoiled much? Lol. Hey, look on the brightside, you just landed the 1st pick in the upcoming draft. :D

Yeah, I mean I agree I am spoiled by OSU, but that's because they have been the only one of my teams I can consistently count on. I mean for god sakes I am a Browns fan. That's like the definition of torture.

The frustration is that we have everything in place, but our OC is so bad. We have in all possibility the 2nd best HC in NCAAF, a fantastic D and DC, top 5 recruiting every year.... but the last 2 years I feel like we've been sabotaged by our OC. I can accept losing, I cannot accept a pizz poor effort from a coach time and time again. There is no reason OSU shouldn't have been in the playoffs last year but this jackhole OC ruined it vs MSU. That team w/o question had the ability to win it all. He did the same crap many times this year with his play calling. Urban keeps letting it happen. Saban would never let that go. Hell he just kicked his OC to the curb before the title game lol.

I feel like the players are being failed by the guys on the offensive staff, that's the worst part. Our HC is letting it go on. He is allowing a QB to be worse in his JR year than he was in his freshman year. He is allowing OSU to fail to produce even a decent WR. He is allowing a jackhole OC to call THE worst games ever. Urban is a great coach and I want him to be at OSU forever, but he has been soft on the OC for 2 years, it's time he mans up as the head of the program and brings in a coach worthy of the talent on O.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Jan 2, 2017 6:48 pm

bleu wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:

People get spoiled. I'm a fan of a G5 team who has had around 5 "good" seasons in the past 40 years. Grew up watching them win one or two games per season. Ohio State made the damn playoff. I understand how underwhelming that game must have been, but they'll be right back in the championship talks next year. Just take a step back and realize that there are 124 other FBS teams who would kill to be in the playoff.

I mean I can accept losing, Clemson is obviously a fantastic team. There is a good chance we still lose if we play well, but to not even show up, that kills me. I feel like we didn't even try. Our OC just decided this and what's going to go on and I won't adjust at all. We did nothing to try and counter Clemson's D, nothing.

I know OSU is young, and honestly this season is far above what a lot expected, but dang at least go out with some fight. Instead it was simply OSU D who showed up, and that's it. PAthetic for such a big moment with guys who aren't strangers to the big stage.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#40 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 2, 2017 8:05 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:

Yeah, I mean I agree I am spoiled by OSU, but that's because they have been the only one of my teams I can consistently count on. I mean for god sakes I am a Browns fan. That's like the definition of torture.

The frustration is that we have everything in place, but our OC is so bad. We have in all possibility the 2nd best HC in NCAAF, a fantastic D and DC, top 5 recruiting every year.... but the last 2 years I feel like we've been sabotaged by our OC. I can accept losing, I cannot accept a pizz poor effort from a coach time and time again. There is no reason OSU shouldn't have been in the playoffs last year but this jackhole OC ruined it vs MSU. That team w/o question had the ability to win it all. He did the same crap many times this year with his play calling. Urban keeps letting it happen. Saban would never let that go. Hell he just kicked his OC to the curb before the title game lol.

I feel like the players are being failed by the guys on the offensive staff, that's the worst part. Our HC is letting it go on. He is allowing a QB to be worse in his JR year than he was in his freshman year. He is allowing OSU to fail to produce even a decent WR. He is allowing a jackhole OC to call THE worst games ever. Urban is a great coach and I want him to be at OSU forever, but he has been soft on the OC for 2 years, it's time he mans up as the head of the program and brings in a coach worthy of the talent on O.

I get it, fans need a scapegoat when things don't pan out. Seahawk fans have been down on the OC & been calling for his head since the end of the Super Bowl. When the team loses or the offense struggles, blame automatically shifts to the OC & line coach.

Return to NCAA Football